Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
saddo
25 Jul 20 14:41
Joined:
Date Joined: 04 Dec 05
| Topic/replies: 43,090 | Blogger: saddo's blog
Guardian readers are the most intolerant people I know, unless you agree with their views on tolerance.
Pause Switch to Standard View People who are scared of the truth...
Show More
Loading...
Report timbuctooth July 25, 2020 4:00 PM BST
lefties CAN NOT defend their evils through logic, reason and persuasion; therefore, any and all other demonic means are necessary.
Report Get me a drink July 25, 2020 5:12 PM BST
Don't you dare come on here threatening our democracy with your evil debating skills.
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 5:13 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 9:41AM, saddo wrote:


Guardian readers are the most intolerant people I know, unless you agree with their views on tolerance.


Glad to know that you mix with a lot of Guardian readers.

Report Charlie July 25, 2020 5:14 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 10:00AM, timbuctooth wrote:


lefties CAN NOT defend their evils through logic, reason and persuasion; therefore, any and all other demonic means are necessary.


A well reasoned debate without a hint of bias. Very well done.

Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 6:00 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 11:14AM, Charlie wrote:


Jul 25, 2020 --  4:00PM, timbuctooth wrote:lefties CAN NOT defend their evils through logic, reason and persuasion; therefore, any and all other demonic means are necessary.A well reasoned debate without a hint of bias. Very well done.


GrinGrin

Report akabula July 25, 2020 7:01 PM BST
It's the grasses on here who are the real problem.
Report SontaranStratagem July 25, 2020 7:16 PM BST
Brie Larsson "when I'm just an actor I can't really do anything in terms of diversity, but that's why I prefer being the producer, that way I can do what I want and kick out people I don't want"

There's your answer, they don't want to debate they just want to control

The end
Report Cider July 25, 2020 7:41 PM BST
For those who push the agenda, cultural marxism, woke ideology, identity politics, whatever label one uses, facts and reality are a mere irritation. This is because it's actually a religion. In religion, uncomfortable facts just get in the way of the big picture project. Collateral damage and hypocrisy is viewed as acceptable in pursuit of the common purpose, as you have the moral high ground. Call you names, join in a mob, try to cancel you, modify your language, redefine words and phrases, intimidate people into silence, create a truth based on what they wish to be true and not fact.
Report johnnythebull July 25, 2020 7:46 PM BST
eloquent and profound but counter to the 'narrative'

your days on here will be numberedGrin
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 7:58 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 1:41PM, Cider wrote:


For those who push the agenda, cultural marxism, woke ideology, identity politics, whatever label one uses, facts and reality are a mere irritation. This is because it's actually a religion. In religion, uncomfortable facts just get in the way of the big picture project. Collateral damage and hypocrisy is viewed as acceptable in pursuit of the common purpose, as you have the moral high ground. Call you names, join in a mob, try to cancel you, modify your language, redefine words and phrases, intimidate people into silence, create a truth based on what they wish to be true and not fact.


Probably one of the worst posts ever. It's his opinion without any debate and any facts.

Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:05 PM BST
I'll add a bit more to clarify using his words:

agenda
cultural marxism
woke ideology
identity politics

whatever label one uses, facts and reality are a mere irritation


All explanation missing.


This is because it's actually a religion. In religion, uncomfortable facts just get in the way of the big picture project. Collateral damage and hypocrisy is viewed as acceptable in pursuit of the common purpose, as you have the moral high ground.
Can anyone make sense of this? If so please explain in plain English.


Call you names, join in a mob, try to cancel you, modify your language, redefine words and phrases, intimidate people into silence, create a truth based on what they wish to be true and not fact
Just rambling.
Report akabula July 25, 2020 8:06 PM BST
So your response Charlie is to dismiss his comments as a joke without debate.
BTW isn't the forum there to let people voice their opinion.
Report Cider July 25, 2020 8:07 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 1:46PM, johnnythebull wrote:


eloquent and profound but counter to the 'narrative'your days on here will be numbered


lol johnny

The infamous 'so what you're saying is' C4 interview/attempted interrogation of Jordan Peterson by Cathy Newman is a great example of this. She has already decided Jordan is a misogynist, that's her truth, so all she wants to do is trick him into a 'gotcha'. Everything Jordan teaches is based on fact and scientific analysis. He's also one of the smartest people in the world, of course she is unable to catch him out, and her bias is exposed. He literally could have said anything in that interview (not that she was listening intently to his answers) and she would never change her truth that he's a misogynist. It's so much easier to dismiss him as a misogynist than to challenge the facts his work and teachings are predicated on.

Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 8:08 PM BST
???????????????????
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:09 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:06PM, akabula wrote:


So your response Charlie is to dismiss his comments as a joke without debate.BTW isn't the forum there to let people voice their opinion.


That's a bit daft. He makes comments without debate. I say that and then you say I don't debate.

Report akabula July 25, 2020 8:10 PM BST
This is because it's actually a religion. In religion, uncomfortable facts just get in the way of the big picture project. Collateral damage and hypocrisy is viewed as acceptable in pursuit of the common purpose, as you have the moral high ground.

I would imagine that most people will be able to work out what Cider is getting at with that statement.
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:13 PM BST
Regardless of skipping most of his post what does it's actually a religion mean?
Report akabula July 25, 2020 8:22 PM BST
Is that the only part of his post you don't understand or do you understand it but disagree with it.
The reason I ask is because it's quite simple what 'it' is referring to.
Report Cider July 25, 2020 8:24 PM BST
It's not straight forward or practical to exactly define the ideology/religion/way of thinking, Charie, as one of the tactics is to redefine words and phrases as I outlined. There are two main elements as I see them, one is the ideology that one's group identity is more important than the individual attributes, and if you're in that (usually immutable characteristic) group you must act and behave in a certain way, meaning you must comply or else you're a traitor to your group. The other is that the 'people of intelligence' as they see themselves should be making decisions for the 'less intelligent' proles.
Report Cider July 25, 2020 8:27 PM BST
Of course, an element I left out is a complete intolerance that holding opposing opinions are legitimate. See religion.
Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 8:27 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:13PM, Charlie wrote:


Regardless of skipping most of his post what does it's actually a religion mean?


If it's akabula you are asking anything Charlie, you are wasting your time.

Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:27 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:22PM, akabula wrote:


Is that the only part of his post you don't understand or do you understand it but disagree with it.The reason I ask is because it's quite simple what 'it' is referring to.


I don't understand what he means by "it".

Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:29 PM BST
Cider • July 25, 2020 8:24 PM BST
It's not straight forward or practical to exactly define the ideology/religion/way of thinking,


What are you on about? Have you ever tried speaking in English?
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:31 PM BST
You can throw long paragraphs together but each sentence should be understandable. So let's start with the first one.
Report Cider July 25, 2020 8:32 PM BST
I won't be having a back and forth today with you Charlie. It's far too tedious. Maybe address the OP's question, if you have an opinion on it.
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:38 PM BST
I'll agree with the OP that's why there was a recent right-whinging cull - they didn't debate they just hinted at certain things and criticised people like me who disagreed with them. Usually ganging up to have a go at me. A bit ironic given your above post.
Report flushgordon1 July 25, 2020 8:41 PM BST
Charlie is always demanding a mass debate.
Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 8:42 PM BST
Betfair did the correct thing, stopping chit chat and clearing out most of the racists and those who only post personal abuse. Well done to them, keep it upGrin
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:43 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:41PM, flushgordon1 wrote:


Charlie is always demanding a mass debate.


Oh so very funny and original. Not.

Report Cider July 25, 2020 8:44 PM BST
So people were effectively cancelled for having the 'wrong' opinion. Has anyone from the other side of the argument been cancelled? You and pp attacked me, unprovoked, the other day but you're both still here it seems, and jump on to my posts once again.
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:45 PM BST
Cancelled?
Report Cider July 25, 2020 8:45 PM BST
Believers get a free pass. Religion.
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:48 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:44PM, Cider wrote:


So people were effectively cancelled for having the 'wrong' opinion. Has anyone from the other side of the argument been cancelled? You and pp attacked me, unprovoked, the other day but you're both still here it seems, and jump on to my posts once again.


You say we attacked you but also say you want a debate. I suppose you mean you want people to agree with you?

Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 8:52 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:44PM, Cider wrote:


So people were effectively cancelled for having the 'wrong' opinion. Has anyone from the other side of the argument been cancelled? You and pp attacked me, unprovoked, the other day but you're both still here it seems, and jump on to my posts once again.


Posters were removed basically for the reasons I stated earlier. I am not a racist and I am not here just to post personal abuse. I would say that Charlie comes under that category too so I guess that is why we are both still here and others thankfully are not.

Report Cider July 25, 2020 8:55 PM BST
You quoted me and called me an egotistical tw*t, Charlie. Calling that 'debate', it that a truth for you? Does that count as debate in your world?
Report lapsy pa July 25, 2020 8:55 PM BST
Tis very highbrow this discussion,my tuppence worth re the op is i'd tend to disagree,the problem is the non acknowledgement of a point coupled with rigid belief in their own views.
Think it is more a sign of strength to say "hold on,you may have a point" but that is too much for a lot of people,not a budge.
Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 8:58 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:55PM, Cider wrote:


You quoted me and called me an egotistical tw*t, Charlie. Calling that 'debate', it that a truth for you? Does that count as debate in your world?


You are egotistical Cider. You have been told that by multiple posters and they can't all be wrong, can they?

Report Charlie July 25, 2020 8:58 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:55PM, Cider wrote:


You quoted me and called me an egotistical tw*t, Charlie. Calling that 'debate', it that a truth for you? Does that count as debate in your world?


No. That was a comment about you.

Report Cider July 25, 2020 8:59 PM BST
I find you're a good poster to debate with imo, lapsy pa. I don't see you as part of this intolerant 'religion' I'm referencing.
Report Cider July 25, 2020 9:01 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:58PM, Charlie wrote:


Jul 25, 2020 --  8:55PM, Cider wrote:You quoted me and called me an egotistical tw*t, Charlie. Calling that 'debate', it that a truth for you? Does that count as debate in your world?No. That was a comment about you.


Yes, it was no better than the 'right whingers' you're saying are not on the forum for having a go at you. What makes you think you're different to them?

Report Charlie July 25, 2020 9:03 PM BST
I'm not racist and my posts can confirm that. The people culled may not have that luxury.
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 9:05 PM BST

Jul 25, 2020 -- 2:32PM, Cider wrote:


I won't be having a back and forth today with you Charlie. It's far too tedious. Maybe address the OP's question, if you have an opinion on it.


Are you Doris in disguise ...

Report Cider July 25, 2020 9:07 PM BST
You feel you have carte blanche to contravene the posting rules though. I wonder why? Perhaps if you are happy to see people being cancelled for breaking the rules, you would attempt to comply with them yourself. Anyhow this is more back and forth with you already than I wanted, and I don't want to derail the thread.
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 9:09 PM BST
So after derailing the thread you don't want to. Ok.
Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 9:10 PM BST
As Charlie (or myself) are not racists, he hasn't contravened the rules. The racists did, that is why they are not here any longer.
Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 9:12 PM BST
Well, most of them anyway.
Report flushgordon1 July 25, 2020 9:13 PM BST
Juan kerr?
Report Charlie July 25, 2020 9:21 PM BST
Betfair acknowledge that the forum can be a bit feisty but there are, clear and obvious, rules which cannot be broken.
Report flushgordon1 July 25, 2020 9:25 PM BST
Waaayciists!waaycistts! parse me the smelling salts Smithers.
Report timbuctooth July 25, 2020 9:57 PM BST
Chit Chat; 1143 pages, 100 threads per page, call it 100 posts per thread, giving us 11,430,000 individual posts. Cancelled because a few snowflakes need truth and facts banished, it`s their evil creed`s kryptonite. Truly pathetic. Never mind, we good and right thinkers don`t rely on party line echo chambers, we have our own minds, our opinions having been formed by listening to all sides, figuring out what`s right and wrong and, most importantly, we continue to win elections.
Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 10:00 PM BST
I think that's very unfair on Betfair who have done us all a favour by closing chit chat and banning anyone they identify as a racist.
Report lapsy pa July 25, 2020 10:12 PM BST
Jaysus you're like a modern day Saint Timbucktooth,in your soul,now deep down in your soul while you are ecstatic in winning election,are you happy with the job your goverment have done since winning said election?
Report timbuctooth July 25, 2020 10:21 PM BST
Pa, I guess you`re referring to Boris and ten more years, but I`m no brit; the UK`s an utter irrelevance, as there`s only one game in town, only one player that matters, and that`s The Don.
Report politicspunter July 25, 2020 10:25 PM BST
Dearie me Tim, will you never learn? If you are betting on who you want to win rather than analyse and bet accordingly on who is likely to win, you are going to lose all your money.
Report lapsy pa July 25, 2020 10:27 PM BST
Ah, i won't be a fan of the "don" myself,however a lot of the lads here will be disappointed by you citing Britain as irrevelant,they dumped hauwei an all,kinda all in truth be told.
Report peckerdunne July 25, 2020 11:29 PM BST
What a thread, some can give it but certainly cant take.

Start it but never finish it...........

Sesquipedalianist cry babies

High brow in deed Pa

or if you prefer, a bunch of whinging wankkkers Laugh
Report lfc1971 July 25, 2020 11:58 PM BST
we are all sensitive people

no more than snowflakes
Report macarony July 26, 2020 2:10 AM BST
Censorship is worse than anything anyone can write or say. It is the hallmark of the sneak y coward
Report flushgordon1 July 26, 2020 7:50 AM BST
I find it ironic that the people who cry wayciist are probably blacked up listening to Asa Jolsons greatest hits whilst fingering Bonnie Langford.
Report lfc1971 July 26, 2020 8:25 AM BST
There’s no doubt that leftists are dangerous and very good at conning themselves. I think it is some manner of brain aberration,
something amiss with the wiring. Autopsies could one day reveal what the actual problem is
It’s a worry
Report Cider July 26, 2020 9:08 AM BST
I feel quite strongly that there's a clear distinction between 'the left' and the cultural marxist religion. In many ways, people on the traditional left are well intentioned. We might disagree on the best approach to running society in many areas, but I can debate with someone on the left and we can get along perfectly well afterwards. There's often a compromise to be had. The cultural marxists don't want a debate, if you don't want to sign up to their ideology word for word, in their world you're the enemy, evil, and they think you're born a horrible person and their world would be a much better place without you. Hence this cancel culture, and cancelling people for having a single viewpoint outside what their religion preaches. See Trevor Phillips as an example.
Report lfc1971 July 26, 2020 9:11 AM BST
Good post cider
Report politicspunter July 26, 2020 9:21 AM BST

Jul 26, 2020 -- 3:08AM, Cider wrote:


I feel quite strongly that there's a clear distinction between 'the left' and the cultural marxist religion. In many ways, people on the traditional left are well intentioned. We might disagree on the best approach to running society in many areas, but I can debate with someone on the left and we can get along perfectly well afterwards. There's often a compromise to be had. The cultural marxists don't want a debate, if you don't want to sign up to their ideology word for word, in their world you're the enemy, evil, and they think you're born a horrible person and their world would be a much better place without you. Hence this cancel culture, and cancelling people for having a single viewpoint outside what their religion preaches. See Trevor Phillips as an example.


Religion? Total drivel.

Report flushgordon1 July 26, 2020 10:09 AM BST
Pedantic polly is an ignorant pompous windbag traditional conservative from the Marxist left, if he says you are posting drivel you are most probably 99.9 percent correct.
Report dave1357 July 27, 2020 2:46 PM BST
Presumably the advocates of free speech are happy for Imams to preach jihad?  After all it's just words.
Report lfc1971 July 27, 2020 3:39 PM BST
Free speech is fine if the people that are with you are like you , share the same basic beliefs in how they wish to live and outlook generally
When they are not that way , as have very different ways and thoughts on these matters ( such as radical jihadists as an extreme example ,

Then you’re fked and can forget about free speech
Report lfc1971 July 27, 2020 3:54 PM BST
Concepts such as free speech and democracy are rooted in people being the same , not different
That’s what people don’t understand about democracy and why countries such as the U.K. and U.S are heading for chaos and disaster
Report Escapee July 27, 2020 4:23 PM BST
@Ifc1971 " the U.K. and U.S are heading for chaos and disaster"


Mr T has been Making America Great Again for 4 years
And conservatives have been at controls of UK for 15 years

Who do you think should be running the show and steering us away from the disaster?
Report lfc1971 July 27, 2020 4:56 PM BST
It’s not so important who the politician is in charge ( I don’t see eg that Trump has made many mistakes , events play the major part
British society , or American or Japanese etc has to be resistant to incompetence of politicians , it’s the society
Is Japanese society got something to teach us ?
It is the nature of society and the people living in that country that matters
U.K. and America are changing over these last 40 , 50 years or so without anyone giving any thought to the inherent problems
Report Cider July 27, 2020 5:03 PM BST

Jul 27, 2020 -- 10:23AM, Escapee wrote:


@Ifc1971 " the U.K. and U.S are heading for chaos and disaster"Mr T has been Making America Great Again for 4 yearsAnd conservatives have been at controls of UK for 15 yearsWho do you think should be running the show and steering us away from the disaster?


You've defined exactly why those who don't have political power are using nefarious means and tactics. Democracy is predicated on losers consent. The bbc has simply given up on even attempting to maintain its thin veneer of impartiality post the 2020 election.

Report politicspunter July 27, 2020 5:05 PM BST

Jul 27, 2020 -- 11:03AM, Cider wrote:


Jul 27, 2020 --  4:23PM, Escapee wrote:@Ifc1971 " the U.K. and U.S are heading for chaos and disaster"Mr T has been Making America Great Again for 4 yearsAnd conservatives have been at controls of UK for 15 yearsWho do you think should be running the show and steering us away from the disaster?You've defined exactly why those who don't have political power are using nefarious means and tactics. Democracy is predicated on losers consent. The bbc has simply given up on even attempting to maintain its thin veneer of impartiality post the 2020 election.


???? the bbc?

Report Cider July 27, 2020 5:06 PM BST

Jul 27, 2020 -- 11:03AM, Cider wrote:


Jul 27, 2020 --  4:23PM, Escapee wrote:@Ifc1971 " the U.K. and U.S are heading for chaos and disaster"Mr T has been Making America Great Again for 4 yearsAnd conservatives have been at controls of UK for 15 yearsWho do you think should be running the show and steering us away from the disaster?You've defined exactly why those who don't have political power are using nefarious means and tactics. Democracy is predicated on losers consent. The bbc has simply given up on even attempting to maintain its thin veneer of impartiality post the 2020 election.


Sorry, 2019 election !

Report flushgordon1 July 27, 2020 7:52 PM BST
I'm not a waaayciist and my Sweet Home Alabama ringtone on my phone was a present.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com