Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
the old nanny ;-)
21 Jul 20 22:50
| Topic/replies: 5,696 | Blogger: the old nanny ;-)'s blog
BBC full of it Laugh will they ever stop Grin

Would somebody like to tell me how the Russians could have influenced either Brexit or a General election ?

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 33
By:
politicspunter
When: 21 Jul 20 22:52
the bbc?
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 21 Jul 20 22:54
It's all Lineker's fault y'know
By:
the old nanny ;-)
When: 21 Jul 20 22:56
Yes the website How have the Russians influenced voting in the UK , any Idea PP ?
By:
politicspunter
When: 21 Jul 20 22:57
I think there is a report out today with some concerns in that regard.
By:
the old nanny ;-)
When: 21 Jul 20 22:58
And was the main news item tonight .
By:
the old nanny ;-)
When: 21 Jul 20 22:59
Any Idea how we were all influenced ?
By:
politicspunter
When: 21 Jul 20 23:04
Apparently the most sensitive detail in the report has been redacted so joe public ie you and me, can't read it.
By:
politicspunter
When: 21 Jul 20 23:06
The suggestion seems to be that Russia interfered in the 2016 Presidential election, of which there is no doubt, and they may have interfered in the Scottish Referendum and the EU referendum but I have no idea how exactly.
By:
grappler
When: 21 Jul 20 23:36
given the small margins involved, putins(he is russia) interference could have made a difference to brexit and scotlands referendum, but it is impossible to quantify. sputnik did not arrive in edinburgh by accident. and its worth noting that tories with their fingers in the till and loony labourites like corbyn and milne were in denial after chemical weapons were used in public. whys that then?

one thing for sure, he thinks its a worthwhile exercise training thousands of secret police to spread disinformation and create a fog of lies that makes the truth a slippery catch. if you want any proof, ask an estonian, latvian or lithuanian; these countries have been subject to a relentless barrage of cyberwar that is unprecendented and very scary if you are a tiny state faced with a brutal fascist bully as a neighbour.

as a handy guide for those who know nothing it is worth noting what putin-dictator-for life is in favour of, and adjust your opinion accordingly.

putin supported trump, and brexit, and scottish independence, and the national front in france and afd in germany, and catalunya leaving spain, and greece leaving the eurozone, and assad in syria, and erdogan in turkey, and chinese oppression in hong kong, and ukrainian 'separatists' that shot down a civilian plane.

and never mind the boatload of people killed worldwide, at his instigation. he is spectacularly illiberal, as well as being a tremendous tealeaf. nobody in the kleptocracy gets rich without giving him a cut. conspiracy theorists are strangely silent about the incredible number of peculiar events that have occurred sine his accession in 2000, particularly the apartment bombings. if theyd happened in the u.s. there would be libraries devoted to them, but as ever, putin gets a freebie

xi in china is the same, but we will all obsess about trump, until he is gone.

but putin and xi will endure, and murder with impunity. funny old world.
By:
akabula
When: 22 Jul 20 00:02
This is the biggest non-story ever yet the bbc are falling over themselves to portray a picture of doom
No evidence whatsoever of any success apart from getting Salmond to front a show. And poor Jeremy identified as a useless 1diot.
Lefties looking for anything to grasp onto after all their recent losses.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 22 Jul 20 11:54
I think reading the last two posts is the perfect encapsulation of the British public right now. One a detailed account of geopolitics and the threats we have and continue to face, the other a suck it up lefties effort.

No wonder we're targeted so much when so many of us are clearly thick.
By:
politicspunter
When: 22 Jul 20 13:28

Jul 22, 2020 -- 11:54AM, PorcupineorPineapple wrote:

I think reading the last two posts is the perfect encapsulation of the British public right now. One a detailed account of geopolitics and the threats we have and continue to face, the other a suck it up lefties effort.No wonder we're targeted so much when so many of us are clearly thick.

LolGrin, we all know who the thick one is.

By:
politicspunter
When: 22 Jul 20 13:28
and it isn't grapplerGrin
By:
sofiakenny
When: 22 Jul 20 15:05
pp..go easy on the stupid old obsessed bampot!Laugh
By:
politicspunter
When: 22 Jul 20 15:13
I used to think he was on a constant wind up, no one could be that stupid I thought. Then I realised he was trying to be serious, so I simply blocked him.
By:
breadnbutter
When: 22 Jul 20 16:29
And up pops three lefties....Laugh

Get back under the beds

On a serious note, needs to be a discussion on this,actually posted on these forums about the UK underestimating Russia and its capabilities several years ago.
I also think the Chinese are a major threat, the world view they hold is not condusive to the badic principles we as a free nation hold, we fought hard for many things that we have taken for granted for a long time they are under threat from various angles, not all transparent, many are Trojan and have been ignored for too long, but too many rools, laws and regulations to prevent some of the stuff makes the cure a bitter pill.

Difficult issues because you can't just ignore the influences that suit or the placemen you don't like, we're pretty much fckd imo.

Covid response by some sections of the UK police for example were very worrying, using drones in regional parks against hill walkers, when in fact there was no such powers in place, the power grab has been alarming.

Plenty to be getting on with imo, much work to be done.

Our rights freedoms religion and laws were hard fought for, basic stuff like freedom of speech is nearly gone, crazy world.
By:
politicspunter
When: 22 Jul 20 16:31

Jul 22, 2020 -- 4:29PM, breadnbutter wrote:

And up pops three lefties....Get back under the beds On a serious note, needs to be a discussion on this,actually posted on these forums about the UK underestimating Russia and its capabilities several years ago. I also think the Chinese are a major threat, the world view they hold is not condusive to the badic principles we as a free nation hold, we fought hard for many things that we have taken for granted for a long time they are under threat from various angles, not all transparent, many are Trojan and have been ignored for too long, but too many rools, laws and regulations to prevent some of the stuff makes the cure a bitter pill.Difficult issues because you can't just ignore the influences that suit or the placemen you don't like, we're pretty much fckd imo. Covid response by some sections of the UK police for example were very worrying, using drones in regional parks against hill walkers, when in fact there was no such powers in place, the power grab has been alarming.Plenty to be getting on with imo, much work to be done. Our rights freedoms religion and laws were hard fought for, basic stuff like freedom of speech is nearly gone, crazy world.

What three lefties?

By:
akabula
When: 22 Jul 20 21:37
PorcupineorPineapple
PorcupineorPineapple22 Jul 20 11:54Joined: 03 Dec 15 | Topic/replies: 9,986 | Blogger: PorcupineorPineapple's blog
I think reading the last two posts is the perfect encapsulation of the British public right now. One a detailed account of geopolitics and the threats we have and continue to face, the other a suck it up lefties effort.

No wonder we're targeted so much when so many of us are clearly thick.

Would be a first if this clown posted some facts on the matter. Where is the proof that they were sucessful in anything they tried.
Spoof twitter accounts and the like don't really count. LaughLaughLaugh
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 23 Jul 20 09:24
Who needs to be afraid of proof if you can convince the government of the day not to investigate? Easy.
By:
moondan
When: 23 Jul 20 10:16
Its difficult to defend a massive country that has so much previous and yet we owe much to.
Only a fool would deny that europe and Britain would be a distant memory had Germany not invaded Russia.
It was a mistake that cost Germany certain victory.
Anyway enough of the thanks and concentrate on the fact that they have certainly killed numerous people
on our streets.
This is the reality of a so called cold war that is not a figment of the bbc imagination and lets all hope it stays cold.
LIttle old England would last until mid morning if it turned hot.
ITs very easy to curse Putin but at least he has control, there could be worse.

The relationship between the BBC and the government is extremely close and the bbc is not adverse to doing what it can for the Government
no matter what the ill informed may say or think. This is taken very seriously indeed by both camps it is not about free licences or some phony war of words.
THe bbc is a weapon and is used cleverly as most would expect.
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 20 10:34
No evidence of Russian influence in U.K. elections then ?
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 20 10:40
The BBC is biased against the conservatives and has always been so

Conservatives complain when there is bias, Labour types complain when there isn’t
That’s the difference
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 20 10:53
ps. The Battle of Britain was a full year before Hitler attacked Russia
(Russia never ventured out of its own borders until the war was won )
By:
moondan
When: 23 Jul 20 10:55

Spoken like a true blue.

The fact that the bbc stands up for truth is commendable.

The conservatives create under classes and the fact you do not get that is no surprise.
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 20 11:38
I’m not aligned with any party moondan, but the BBC are left leaning, liberal, PC, EU good pride in UK bad and this is true throughout other British institutions such as universities
It’s a recipe for disaster for any country
By:
moondan
When: 23 Jul 20 13:34
In my 75 years I have voted more conservative than Labour but this past decade or so I have been disgusted with the Blues who have taken politics to an all time low of greed and stupidity.
The new wave of public schoolboys should be put against a wall.
The cost to russia for weakening germany was 8 Million troops and some 20 odd million non combatants. Britain was estimated to have lost less than 500,000 in the entire war.
We as a nation should be better thought of than we are but the ridiculous claims of leading the world in this that and every other has created more laughs than respect amongst other nations.
Spoon fed bull ship since birth is our main problem and non are more guilty of doing that than the dozy conservatives.
By:
sofiakenny
When: 23 Jul 20 13:37
They are pishing on us all...and telling us it's rain...scum.
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 20 13:38
The aim of war is to kill the other poor soul not to get killed yourself ?
The allies killed and captured more Germans than the Russians in WW2
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 20 13:47
Plus Italians and Japanese , don’t think Russia helped much there either
By:
moondan
When: 23 Jul 20 15:11
Not sure of the actual figure but it was the rest of the world against Germany but whether they killed more than russia depends on who you read.
One thing for sure is we Dont need to spout nonsense because the whole world is listening.

I remember when Boris attended a meeting in europe and on its ending they all gathered outside in little groups and it became obvious
that Boris was the object of much mirth.
It was like he was a standing joke and that is how he is perceived amongst world leaders.
This country has done many things, some good and some bad.And a little humility would see it in a better light.
By:
lfc1971
When: 23 Jul 20 15:44
Don’t think anyone could run this country to be honest, it’s ungovernable

only a matter of time
By:
i_agree_with_nick
When: 23 Jul 20 16:57
Did he deny sitting on the Russia Report for 10 months?

If you look back at the address he gave to the nation back in March, he's definitely sitting six inches higher in his chair.
By:
moondan
When: 23 Jul 20 17:00

On that we agreeLaughLaugh

liverpool great year, more of that please.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com