Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
PorcupineorPineapple
16 Jul 20 15:05
| Topic/replies: 11,178 | Blogger: PorcupineorPineapple's blog
Unfortunately, she is our problem and we need to deal with her. Hopefully she is tried for the crimes, though I'd imagine evidence will be hard to come by. One thing I'd maintain though: I wouldn't waste a bead of sweat in getting her back. She is allowed but will need to make her way to our Turkish Embassy or whatever to arrange it, don't be sending in troops or other staff to shepherd her home.
Pause Switch to Standard View Shamina Begum on the way back
Show More
Report darren_discombobulates_sports July 16, 2020 3:25 PM BST
not making any excuses for her, but a) she was a child, the age group in which you are most likely to be vulnerable/easily influenced and b) she doesn't seem very bright when she talks, meaning she was probably very easy to influence, the Tories basically used the situation to their advantage pre general election by looking strong and, well er, conservative, knowing it would lead to this situation late on, basically they've played a blinder and don't really care whether she comes back or not, in the eyes of Joe Public they done their best.

Not sure why she would want to come back even if family are here, will affect her for the rest of her life, stigmatised, employability etc, better off starting anew somewhere where publicity of her case was bare minimal.
Report saddo July 16, 2020 3:51 PM BST
I would like to wish her all the worst. Enough people here with her mindset already.
Report peckerdunne July 16, 2020 4:01 PM BST
No you need to protect the young from the nutters, she might now be able to stem the tide if she has matured and become enlightened in the traditional way...s..
Report markzzz July 16, 2020 4:16 PM BST
Does anybody know who is paying her legal bills? Only two possibilities I can see, either the lawyers are doing it pro bono (why?) or the British taxpayer is paying (why?).
Report flushgordon1 July 16, 2020 4:18 PM BST
It is the first responsibility of government in a democratic society to protect and safeguard the lives of its citizens. That is where the public interest lies. It is essential to the preservation of democracy, and it is the duty of the court to do all it can to respect and uphold that principle.
Report markzzz July 16, 2020 4:22 PM BST
Flush, she isn't a British citizen, that privilege was removed from her. So why should we pay?

Apparently it is on legal aid and has cost £30k so far
Report nineteen points July 16, 2020 4:26 PM BST
wow, some interesting thoughts from you lads
Report markzzz July 16, 2020 4:28 PM BST
19 points, very diplomatic comment. Happy.

Can't say I blame you though, commenting on this is like playing hop-scotch in a minefield.
Report salmon spray July 16, 2020 4:36 PM BST
She will show she is now a responsible citizen by wearing a face covering at all times.
Report flushgordon1 July 16, 2020 4:39 PM BST
15 year old not responsible for joining Isis.
12 year old responsible for racist twatter.
10 year old require gender reassignment.

Nope let's leave this to Chas and Dave.
Report nineteen points July 16, 2020 5:17 PM BST
hop carefully markzzz
Report Akak July 16, 2020 8:00 PM BST
New identity, and a brand new council house?
Report akabula July 16, 2020 9:11 PM BST
Haven't paid much attention to this but didn't the government appeal this thus putting her return on hold?
Report sally skindivers July 16, 2020 10:05 PM BST
Report sally skindivers July 16, 2020 10:06 PM BST
why was my post removed ,I cant remember what I said , Porcupine didn't start this thread I did.
Report sally skindivers July 16, 2020 10:11 PM BST
seems there are very underhanded people on here who report threads none stop ,sad individuals

with probably no other interest in life other than posting on here .

I have seen 5 or 6 such threads all by different users when the first post has been removed .

In reply to porcupine I would leave her where she is ,must be serious amounts of money already

spent ,can only be tax payers money , I thought she was a dual national .
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 17, 2020 10:35 AM BST
Hop it Sally. This is my thread now.
Report Whisperingdeath July 17, 2020 1:39 PM BST
In reply to porcupine I would leave her where she is ,must be serious amounts of money already

spent ,can only be tax payers money , I thought she was a dual national .

That's half the problem. Too many people don't know what they are talking about.
Report tobermory July 17, 2020 4:29 PM BST
The Government should not be able to remove citizenship from her. If they can do that then they can remove it from anyone.

Should bring her back and charge her with joining a terrorist group or whatever.
Report ----you-have-to-laugh--- July 17, 2020 5:08 PM BST
I find it odd, given reports of what she is supposed to have done, that
she is not up on trial already.

I guess the witnesses are long gone. Perhaps.

Coming back to UK to attempt to regain her citizenship must be a desperate
decision.

As she was just a kid when electing to leave UK I suppose they
will treat her with more compassion than she has ever shown.

I guess that's her hope,...
Report sally skindivers July 17, 2020 9:39 PM BST
She is Bangladeshi citizen by descent ,But they blocked any move of her going there ,

seems she was only interested in returning here .
Report peckerdunne July 17, 2020 9:47 PM BST
No she's not
Report sally skindivers July 17, 2020 9:54 PM BST
Her mother is from bangladesh how can she not be a citizen ?
Report politicspunter July 17, 2020 9:55 PM BST
Trumps mother is from Scotland but he isn't Scottish.
Report sally skindivers July 17, 2020 9:58 PM BST
My grandfather was Irish , I am sure I can  become an Irish citizen ?

Or is it different rules for different countries.
Report sally skindivers July 17, 2020 10:00 PM BST
Many people using the back door to get Irish passports post brexit .
Report PorcupineorPineapple July 17, 2020 10:09 PM BST
She may be able to apply for Bangladeshi citizenship, though I suspect they may not look on her request favourably. She's British. The government know this and are just playing to the gallery. Just accept it and work on gathering evidence for her trial.
Report nineteen points July 18, 2020 10:22 AM BST
Laugh sally that seems such an easy way to get it and pleasurable for some. any idea who i see to perform this task?Mischief
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com