Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
InsiderTrader
29 Jun 20 13:04
| Topic/replies: 14,569 | Blogger: InsiderTrader's blog
Don't know anyone who objects to the slogan. Of course black lives matter.

Noticing a lot less on social media as the mask slips on their far left political agenda. Even Linekar distancing himself now.

Gary Lineker
@GaryLineker
·
22h
Replying to
@LozzaFox
and
@ukblm
I just said, no. There are aspects of it that I wouldn’t endorse. Whilst I’m thrilled that you seem to value my views, I’m also slightly bemused. You can vocally support something without endorsing everything that they may say.
Pause Switch to Standard View Black Lives Matter (Organisation)...
Show More
Report Charlie July 3, 2020 2:12 PM BST
Week in Review: The fake equality of All Lives Matter
https://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2020/06/05/week-in-review-the-fake-equality-of-all-lives-matter
Report peckerdunne July 3, 2020 2:26 PM BST
Well he makes some relevant points, but i would be careful with stuff like this.

Incitement is always only a stones throw.

As an Irishman i am certainly not on the right of centre but neither am i far anything.

Social democrat perhaps is where i lie, but to be honest on here it's confusing as fcuk

to determine far right from far left on a daily basis.

I can only assume they are all nuts of some sort............
Report razz July 3, 2020 2:52 PM BST
political labels are a meme.
Report xmoneyx July 3, 2020 3:21 PM BST
went all political killed support
Report InsiderTrader July 3, 2020 3:28 PM BST

Jul 3, 2020 -- 7:36AM, peckerdunne wrote:

It is still unclear to me what the far left mean by equality.They can scream the word at the tops of their voices but until they are willing to engage in exactly what they mean by it and what their goals are nothing will change.I have no idea what this means.

What are you struggling with?

Report Charlie July 3, 2020 3:31 PM BST
If you’ve criticised the Black Lives Matter protests - you’re completely missing the point
https://www.kentlive.news/news/news-opinion/youve-criticised-black-lives-matter-4229846
Report saddo July 3, 2020 3:47 PM BST
I aint reading that or any other BLM propaganda, and I'm quite unconcerned at 'missing the point'.
Report peckerdunne July 3, 2020 3:53 PM BST
https://www.irishpost.com/news/boris-johnson-says-cromwell-statue-shouldnt-b...
Report peckerdunne July 3, 2020 4:00 PM BST
InsiderTrader
InsiderTrader 03 Jul 20 15:28 Joined: 25 Aug 05 | Topic/replies: 13,117 | Blogger: InsiderTrader's blog
Jul 3, 2020 -- 1:36PM, peckerdunne wrote:

It is still unclear to me what the far left mean by equality.They can scream the word at the tops of their voices but until they are willing to engage in exactly what they mean by it and what their goals are nothing will change.I have no idea what this means.

What are you struggling with?

The 'far left' are screaming what they mean by equality at the top of their voice but you are still unclear what they mean, but you seem clear nothing will change.

How do you come to that conclusion when you don't know what they mean.
Report Charlie July 3, 2020 4:29 PM BST
Why you should stop saying “all lives matter,” explained in 9 different ways
https://www.vox.com/2016/7/11/12136140/black-all-lives-matter
Report peckerdunne July 3, 2020 4:33 PM BST
Black lives matter too
Report Get me a drink July 3, 2020 9:11 PM BST
Don't be fooled. They don't give a flying duck about black lives. Pawns in a game.
Report Shrewd_dude July 4, 2020 1:16 AM BST
A Black Lives matter thread on betfair 2 weeks ago would have been 1.01 to have been removed.

Nice to see progress has been made and people can have a conversation about it now without being called as a racist.
Report lovegod July 4, 2020 8:43 AM BST
Noticed on Sky Sports last night for the Charlton/Millwall game that the people in the studio weren't wearing Black Lives Latter badges and had been replaced by Kick It Out ones.
Report InsiderTrader July 4, 2020 10:24 AM BST

Jul 4, 2020 -- 2:43AM, lovegod wrote:

Noticed on Sky Sports last night for the Charlton/Millwall game that the people in the studio weren't wearing Black Lives Latter badges and had been replaced by Kick It Out ones.

It is a shame Sky and Premier League and the BBC did not do their research and go straight to the non-political Kick It Out slogan and stance.

Report Whisperingdeath July 4, 2020 10:29 AM BST
Nice to see progress has been made and people can have a conversation about it now without being called as a racist

Maybe we can have a conversation because many of those who have posted racist filth have been banned!
Report Shrewd_dude July 4, 2020 10:47 AM BST
Maybe we can have a conversation because many of those who have posted racist filth have been banned!

And maybe one day you will refer to what and who your are talking about.
Report Shrewd_dude July 4, 2020 10:48 AM BST
Nah, probably not in this lifetime.
Report politicspunter July 4, 2020 10:49 AM BST
Some on here will never learn.
Report Shrewd_dude July 4, 2020 10:57 AM BST
Yip, very true PP.
Report Whisperingdeath July 4, 2020 11:13 AM BST
How could I possibly have a conversation with you dude?

You know it is a waste of time. You people are deluded or disingenuous at best.
Report Whisperingdeath July 4, 2020 11:14 AM BST
Here is a statistic for lux

More people die in hospitals than fish and chips shops
Report Shrewd_dude July 4, 2020 11:32 AM BST
You people are deluded or disingenuous at best.

Does anybody know what this means?

I'm not sure if "people" means anyone who asks me a question, anyone who disagrees with me, right wingers, chip shop owners, non-left wingers, non-anti racists, people who drive the same car as Dominic Cummings, racists, people who can speak etc, etc.

Mind blowing mental fragility.

How could I possibly have a conversation with you dude?

You've made it quite clear you can't.
Report Whisperingdeath July 4, 2020 11:34 AM BST
Correct. I can’t. You are dishonest.
Report saddo July 4, 2020 2:33 PM BST
Whisperingdeath 04 Jul 20 11:14 
Whisperingdeath 04 Jul 20 11:14

Lux put up what I assume was a factual list. If you daren't discuss or challenge that for fear of validating it, probably better not respond at all than with with nonsense like this.
Report lux July 4, 2020 2:52 PM BST
Saddo

I typed out the following in reply but, you know, what's the point? I'd get more coherent reasoning from Kevin the teenager.

Self evident.

Try harder. Try again.

How might the stats I posted be commensurate with systemic racism?
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 2:57 PM BST
What's the significance of Equal Military and Static Military? Not at all sure what they mean?
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 3:13 PM BST
I'm surprised that Betfair even allow that racist site on their forum.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 4:44 PM BST
Stating that something isn't racist doesn't make it not. Look at the topics they cover and it's clear what their agenda is.

I'm still waiting to here the significance of Equal Military and Static Military. You posted the link so surely you know. Why not just explain it.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 4:46 PM BST
hear not here
Report lux July 4, 2020 4:54 PM BST
Why not just read the thing charlie? Not 'ard.

"This takes into account taxes paid and government services consumed at both the State and Federal level. The “Equal Military” column treats military spending as a service consumed equally on a per-capita basis between blacks, whites and hispanics. The “Static military” assigns all military spending to whites.

On net, whites generate a $249.52 billion surplus, or $1,260 per person if you assign 100% of military spending to whites. If you just give whites a proportional share of military spending, their surplus goes up to $553.52 billion total and $2,795 per capita.

Blacks, by contrast, run a budget deficit of $389.71 billion, or $10,016 per capita. If 100% of military spending is assigned to whites, blacks STILL run a $306.53 billion deficit, or $7,700 per capita.

Hispanics run a budget deficit of $411.95 billion of $7,289 per capita if military spending is proportional. If 100% of military spending is assigned to whites hispanics run a deficit of $291.3 billion, or $5,160 per capita."

https://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/05/11/fiscal-impact-of-whites-blacks-and-hispanics/
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 5:01 PM BST
I have read the thing. All of it. What is the significance of military spending? If it is that simple just tell me.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 5:04 PM BST
I'm pretty sure you have no idea what they are on about that's why you've just posted the same as above.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 5:05 PM BST
If you want coherent reasoning as you said above then you have to give some.
Report lux July 4, 2020 5:22 PM BST
As it says,

Equal military is proportional

Static military assigns 100% to whites

Is that not straightforward enough?

Both sets of figures demonstrate a significant deficit/burden, so getting bogged down some in James O’Brien style weapons grade pedantry isn’t going to help your cause.
Report Shrewd_dude July 4, 2020 5:48 PM BST
What is the significance of military spending?

Fairly obvious Charlie.
Report lux July 4, 2020 6:01 PM BST
Richie still lurching around on level 7 of the disagreement hierarchy I see. Good to know there are some things in life you can rely upon.

Put the hours in and given a decade or so you might actually be capable of summoning the resources to engage with the topic in a meaningful way.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:11 PM BST
If it so obvious why pick on military spending? What has the military got to do with it?
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:13 PM BST

Jul 4, 2020 -- 11:22AM, lux wrote:

As it says,Equal military is proportional Static military assigns 100% to whitesIs that not straightforward enough?Both sets of figures demonstrate a significant deficit/burden, so getting bogged down some in James O’Brien style weapons grade pedantry isn’t going to help your cause.

All you are doing is repeating what the site says you are not explaining anything which is not stated on the site.

Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:13 PM BST

Jul 4, 2020 -- 11:48AM, Shrewd_dude wrote:

What is the significance of military spending?Fairly obvious Charlie.

Please explain then.

Report lux July 4, 2020 6:17 PM BST
The left never wish to engage in any meaningful way. For if they did, the cognitive dissonance would most likely prove fatal.

You call me a name, I call you a name. Then what happens?
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:19 PM BST
I haven't called you a name I've asked you to explain something without repeating ad nauseam what it said says on the site.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:21 PM BST
The art of communication is using words that people can understand. I've asked why they decided military spending was important i.e. what is the significance of it.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:22 PM BST
So far I've had zero explanation. That is not engaging in a meaningful way.
Report lux July 4, 2020 6:24 PM BST
I was talking to Richie.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:25 PM BST
I was talking to you.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:38 PM BST
I'd like to move on to the next set of stats they give but we seem to have stalled at the first lot.
Report lux July 4, 2020 6:44 PM BST
If it so obvious why pick on military spending? What has the military got to do with it?

I really can't think why charlie. Clearly erroneous in its inclusion and completely insignificant in terms of total budget.

You won the debate.

Enjoy your evening.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:46 PM BST
Thank you.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:47 PM BST
3.48%
Report lux July 4, 2020 6:53 PM BST
I was joking.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:55 PM BST
I was being ironic.
Report lux July 4, 2020 6:58 PM BST
I just can't make it any simpler, sorry. And as I said, it has no bearing on the main point.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 6:59 PM BST
That means you don't understand why they chose Military spending.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:01 PM BST
Why not choose the amount of money spent on Motown?
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:03 PM BST
Or bacon and eggs?
Report lux July 4, 2020 7:04 PM BST
Military spending is a part of government services. Motown probably not so much.

Although i'm sure you'll no doubt enlighten me.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:05 PM BST
Military spending is indeed part of government services. There are many government services. Why did they pick on military?
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:10 PM BST
It's not the top percentage of spending on government services. I just asked what was the significance of using that. I've not even got into what I really want to discuss.
Report lux July 4, 2020 7:12 PM BST
The article does not elaborate. But clearly because of the swing it produces. As I say, makes no difference to the main point. Deficit.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:15 PM BST
I wasn't asking the article to elaborate I was asking you to. You posted the data to make a point. I'm merely asking you to explain things which you can't seem to do.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:23 PM BST
Perhaps you believe everything posted on that site without questioning it? So far we've not even touched the surface and you seem to be floundering.
Report lux July 4, 2020 7:27 PM BST
"But clearly because of the swing it produces"
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:28 PM BST
The swing?
Report lux July 4, 2020 7:30 PM BST
variability
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:30 PM BST
Let's say infrastructure. Is the "swing" different to military?
Report lux July 4, 2020 7:33 PM BST
The difference between the two data sets
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:34 PM BST
Do I take it you can't answer why they stated off with military?
Report saddo July 4, 2020 7:34 PM BST
I see on the C4 news that the usual suspects have been attacking the Police again. Now they are interviewing a couple of black blokes in a peaceful looking Soho street. The chaps are puzzled as to why why there are no police squads in riot gear there. Crazy
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 7:36 PM BST
started off
Report lux July 4, 2020 7:37 PM BST
I did not compile or study the data referenced in any significant depth, I defer to those who claim such authority.
Report lux July 4, 2020 7:39 PM BST
"But clearly because of the swing it produces"
Report lux July 4, 2020 7:58 PM BST
All perfectly reasonable points charlie.

The fact that a specific variability exists is certainly cause for further clarification.

But it does not temper or deny the primary point. That a deficit exists, specific variability notwithstanding.
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 8:05 PM BST
I do find your posts difficult to understand. I'm a plain English speaker.

Do you mean:
Conclusion
The negative fiscal impact of blacks and hispanics is significant. All of this discussion of a “national debt” and “deficit” is primarily of function of blacks and hispanics. Without them, we would be running budget surpluses today, even when keeping the military the same size.

Taken from your site?
Report Charlie July 4, 2020 8:11 PM BST
If so then there are so many arguments against this conclusion. Which will take forever at the rate we've been going.
Report Shrewd_dude July 4, 2020 9:03 PM BST
    Jul 4, 2020 -- 5:48PM, Shrewd_dude wrote:
What is the significance of military spending?Fairly obvious Charlie.
Please explain then.

It's not really significant in terms of the spending.

However if they presented the initial stats then some people would say they aren't accurate as they attribute the spending of 'white mans war' to black people other minority ethinicities and the stats are therefore innacurate. They therefore provide an equivalence excluding Military spending 'white mans war costs (although lets not talk about Obama and the 5 wars he engaged the USA in) as another statistic which also validates the point.
Report peckerdunne July 4, 2020 9:13 PM BST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D4nox3QOYvc
Report Whisperingdeath July 5, 2020 8:32 AM BST
and more people die of covid in hospitals than fish and chip shops FACT!
Report Charlie July 5, 2020 9:30 AM BST

Jul 4, 2020 -- 3:03PM, Shrewd_dude wrote:

Jul 4, 2020 -- 5:48PM, Shrewd_dude wrote: What is the significance of military spending?Fairly obvious Charlie.Please explain then. It's not really significant in terms of the spending. However if they presented the initial stats then some people would say they aren't accurate as they attribute the spending of 'white mans war' to black people other minority ethinicities and the stats are therefore innacurate. They therefore provide an equivalence excluding Military spending 'white mans war costs (although lets not talk about Obama and the 5 wars he engaged the USA in) as another statistic which also validates the point.

So the fairly obvious answer was that military spending is not significant.

I was looking at how he calculated income tax paid by race in his Race and Tax Payment in 2014 data table. He said he used data from the Tax Foundation and he came to the conclusion that:

This comes out to $4529.52 billion paid by whites, $528.30 billion paid by hispanics, and $485.67 billion paid by blacks.

So if we add these up we get a total of about $5500 billion paid in income tax. Which is $5.5 trillion.

If we look at the Tax Federation's Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2016 Update
https://taxfoundation.org/summary-latest-federal-income-tax-data-2016-update/

The first bullet point in this report says:
In 2014, 139.6 million taxpayers reported earning $9.71 trillion in adjusted gross income and paid $1.37 trillion in individual income taxes.

Now either I've misunderstood the figures (possible) or someone is telling porkies.

Report Shrewd_dude July 5, 2020 12:04 PM BST
So the fairly obvious answer was that military spending is not significant.

It clearly is significant to people who read the article and then ask "what is the significance of this?". Nothing appears to be obvious to you.
Report Charlie July 5, 2020 12:20 PM BST
So you don't mind the $4 trillion discrepancy in his figures?
Report Charlie July 5, 2020 12:23 PM BST
That does seem significant to me.
Report Shrewd_dude July 5, 2020 1:41 PM BST
So you don't mind the $4 trillion discrepancy in his figures?

If that's correct then it would undermine the point of the statistics.
Report Charlie July 5, 2020 1:59 PM BST
The figures are there for you to check for yourself. There was only one point of the statistics given on the racist website. Of course some gullible people will believe them without checking the accuracy of what they proclaim.

I wonder what lux has to say as he originally posted the link to the site and told me:

lux • July 4, 2020 4:54 PM BST
Why not just read the thing charlie? Not 'ard.
Report flushgordon1 July 5, 2020 2:18 PM BST
Racist website oooh err missus.
Report flushgordon1 July 5, 2020 2:19 PM BST
There behind you chuck ,the racists are everywhere.
Report InsiderTrader July 5, 2020 3:43 PM BST
Actress behind BLM protest in Whitehall disowns 'Marxist' Black Lives Matter, saying it's a separate group 'hijacked' by far-Left activists who want to tear down capitalism and abolish the police

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8490319/Actress-BLM-rally-Whitehall-disowns-Black-Lives-Matter-UK-hijacked-far-Left.html

Nice to she she is distancing herself from BLM.

But no 'hijacking' took place. BLM was started in the USA by three 'trained Marxists'. Their goals are there for all to see.

People like the Premier League and this lady should have done their due diligence before supporting Black Lives Matter.
Report Charlie July 5, 2020 4:01 PM BST
Are you making a distinction between support for BLM and support for BLM Organsiation?
Report Charlie July 5, 2020 4:06 PM BST

Jul 5, 2020 -- 7:41AM, Shrewd_dude wrote:

So you don't mind the $4 trillion discrepancy in his figures? If that's correct then it would undermine the point of the statistics.

Do you think it was a genuine error or an attempt to mislead people?

Report Shrewd_dude July 5, 2020 4:09 PM BST
Don't know. I never posted the article and had never been on that website before. Without spending some time looking at it I'm not sure whether your figures or their figures are the accurate ones.
Report Charlie July 5, 2020 4:23 PM BST
I'll go with that.
Report Charlie July 5, 2020 4:57 PM BST
Then again I thought it is only a two minute job to check the figures and as you expressed an opinion then why not check?
Report InsiderTrader July 5, 2020 4:59 PM BST

Jul 5, 2020 -- 10:01AM, Charlie wrote:

Are you making a distinction between support for BLM and support for BLM Organsiation?

Read the OP Charlie.

The sentence 'black lives matter' I do not know anyone disagrees with.

But the people that started BLM and started the use of the hashtag blacklivesmatter are trained Marxists. The organisation in the UK also have Marxist goals. Of that there is no doubt.

Report lux July 5, 2020 9:37 PM BST
charlie

Without seeing the precise working and methodology used it looks like he is conflating total revenue gathered from the entire tax realm not just specifically that of "income tax". His estimated tax paid figures tally pretty closely with government revenue (tax related) using this method. Notice how the exact same proportionality is repeated in his 2018 figures - with another apparent 4 trillion discrepancy.

It doesn't look like an attempt to deceive. However, his wording and working needs to be clearer, no question.

So according to the article

https://thealternativehypothesis.org/index.php/2016/05/11/fiscal-impact-of-whites-blacks-and-hispanics/

Race and tax payment in 2014 - estimated

This amounts to $4529.52 billion paid by whites, $528.30 billion paid by hispanics, and $485.67 billion paid by blacks. Note no figures for Asians provided.

Total:          5516.49

United States Federal, State and Local Government Revenue

Fiscal Year 2014

https://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/piechart_2014_US_total

Fed           State        Local        Total
Income Taxes            1,715.3       358.1        39.5        2,112.9   
Social Insurance Taxes    1,023.5       586.8        103.5        1,713.8   
Ad valorem Taxes    183.5       512.4            585.0        1,280.9   
Fees and Charges    0.0       193.9            264.5              458.5
Business and other      99.2      156.2                    227.0              482.4

Total:                                                                   6048.5

Race and tax payment in 2018 -estimated

$4729.7  billion paid by whites, $851.8  billion paid by hispanics, $497.6 billion paid by blacks and $636.3 by asians.

Total:     6715.4                                                                                                                           

United States Federal, State and Local Government Revenue

Fiscal Year 2018

https://www.usgovernmentrevenue.com/year_revenue_2018USbn_21bs1n#usgs302

Fed        State        Local        Total
Income Taxes            1,888.3            437.7        45.3        2,371.2   
Social Insurance Taxes    1,170.7        511.2            85.0            1,766.8   
Ad valorem Taxes    200.2            585.1            702.8        1,488.1   
Fees and Charges            235.9        311.7        547.7   
Business and Other    70.8        173.6        247.1        491.5   

Total:                                                                   6665.3                                                                                                                                 

As I say without seeing his precise working it's impossible to be sure. But it does appear to account for the 4 trillion you mentioned.

Best I can offer.

Cheers
Report lux July 5, 2020 9:39 PM BST
formatting apologies
Report flushgordon1 July 5, 2020 11:45 PM BST
Never apologise son,its a sign of weakness.
Report Charlie July 6, 2020 8:59 AM BST
lux
For 2014 (Race and Tax Payment in 2014) he's was definitely talking about income tax that's why he was going into tax brackets. 

As for the figures you gave later they also make no sense to me. He's added up all revenue (Government, State and Local) and then magically worked out how much each race pays in tax. It is a really shoddy piece of work which is deliberately misleading so that he can reach his unfounded conclusion.
Report InsiderTrader July 7, 2020 8:36 PM BST
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/53327285

DeSean Jackson: Philadelphia Eagles to take 'appropriate action' over anti-Semitic posts

Philadelphia Eagles say they will take "appropriate action" after wide receiver DeSean Jackson shared anti-Semitic quotes on social media.

In a statement, the NFL franchise said the messages he shared were "offensive, harmful, and absolutely appalling".

One post had an image of a book page that included anti-Semitic quotes falsely attributed to Adolf Hitler.

In response, Jackson said he had "no hatred in my heart towards no-one. Equality, equality".

The 33-year-old added: "Anyone who feels I have hate towards the Jewish community took my post the wrong way."

The Eagles said they had spoken to Jackson about his social media posts.

"Regardless of his intentions, the messages he shared were offensive, harmful, and absolutely appalling," the statement added. "They have no place in our society, and are not condoned or supported in any way by the organisation.

"We are disappointed and we reiterated to DeSean the importance of not only apologising, but also using his platform to take action and promote unity, equality, and respect. We are continuing to evaluate the circumstances and will take appropriate action.

"We take these matters very seriously and are committed to continuing to have productive and meaningful conversations with DeSean, as well as all of our players and staff, in order to educate, learn, and grow."
Report peckerdunne July 16, 2020 7:59 PM BST
Surprised no one put a pic/video of the heavily armed american couple defending their property from BLM protesters APPARENTLY Laugh........

Now getting sever abuse, apparently..
Report timbuctooth July 16, 2020 9:01 PM BST
A hundreds-strong mob break through the gates of a private community, approach this couple`s house, screaming about how they were going to apportion the house after they had killed the couple,(and their dog!). The couple stand outside the front door and make it clear the mob should not be there. Now, the couple are awaiting their indictments from the extreme leftie prosecutor for defending their home, their dog, and their very lives, from the mob. (Sorry, the `peaceful protesters`!)

And poll followers think Middle America votes for this, over The Don`s `Law and Order` platform? CHORTLE!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com