Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Kelly
14 Jan 20 13:05
| Topic/replies: 8,517 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
The voters obviously think the SNP is doing a good job .  Otherwise the conclusion is that the Scots are idiotic politically ( which they are decidedly not) .

Those attacking the SNP are ignoring the reality of the feelings in Scotland . These attackers also attribute failings in health and education matters to the SNP in Scotland .  Coming from a crap education record in England , worst ever A & E figures in England , and a still split electorate in England , that is rich .  According to the attackers everything in England is rosy , it is a great country to live in , The Scots are just malevolent trouble makers .

I spent time in England and Scotland last year , the Scots were generally a lot happier lot than the English . If I had to relocate to the "mainland " , I would be heading for Scotland rather than England ( and their golf courses are way ahead of English ones , in overall quality and financial value wise ) .
Pause Switch to Standard View The reason for 48 SNP MP's at...
Show More
Report flushgordon1 January 16, 2020 6:37 PM GMT
Freedumb!
Report trilby22 January 16, 2020 7:16 PM GMT
& Dumber Laugh
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2020 7:57 PM GMT
Self government is too complicated for the Scots .
Report lfc1971 January 16, 2020 8:04 PM GMT
the SNP ones obviously , most true Scots loath the SNP and don’t listen to their bullshine !
Report flushgordon1 January 16, 2020 9:36 PM GMT
That's awfully white of you.
Report akabula January 16, 2020 10:10 PM GMT
Kelly
Kelly15 Jan 20 22:46Joined: 08 Mar 01 | Topic/replies: 8,158 | Blogger: Kelly's blog
akabula , you obviously don't see much difference arising from the Brexit vote , resulting in Scotland being dragged out of the EU against the substantial will of the voters . That is the crux of the matter , if you can't see that it says little for your political nous .

Lets look at the facts.
the turnout for the 2014 referendum was 84.6% whilst for the EU referendum it was 67.2%.
Tells you what was more important to us Scots.
2,001,926 Scots said NO to independence whilst 1,661,191 Scots said NO to leaving the EU.
1,661,191 represents 41.6% of the electorate. Wheres the mandate?

Sturgeon and Salmond both on record as saying ONCE IN A GENERATION and ONCE IN A LIFETIME.
So in refusing a second referendum Westminster is honouring their pledges.
Report akabula January 16, 2020 10:15 PM GMT
What an advert kennybhoy is for the SNP.
I,m beginning to think hes John Mason.
Report akabula January 16, 2020 10:23 PM GMT
Have a look at the banners on display at Saturdays march.
No wonder most Scots refer to them as The Provisional SNP.
The organisers saying 80,000 whilst 'Crowd Count' reports just over 10,000.
Humza Yousaf, our Justice Minister, was marching with a group who are facing criminal charges in Aberdeen.
What a plonker he is. Laugh
Report politicspunter January 16, 2020 10:26 PM GMT
themightymac • May 1, 2019 2:51 PM BST
Obsessed with the SNP and Marches.

Report• Quote • Block User sofiakenny • May 1, 2019 2:57 PM BST
He is a horrid individual  his contribution on the Billy McNeill tribute thread sums him up.
Report akabula January 16, 2020 10:32 PM GMT
Social Security Benefits was a devolved power given to the SNP in 2016.
It still hasn't been taken up and won't be until 2024 at the earliest.
Why you might ask. Well the SNP simply say they aren't ready for it yet.
And they wanted independence in 2014 and claimed it would only take them 18 months to create a whole new State.
Probably right though as we'd be in a terrible state if they ever get their way.
Report akabula January 16, 2020 10:39 PM GMT
politicalaftertimer calls lfc a troll Laugh
A fantasist who everybody on here has seen through.
Trump for POTUS was his only loser but when he won PP somehow had traded out of it and showed a small profit.
May for PM was his only loser but when he won PP somehow had traded out of it and showed a small profit.
Boris for PM was his only loser but when he won PP somehow had traded out of it and showed a small profit.
Can you see the pattern yet? LaughLaughLaugh
Report trilby22 January 16, 2020 10:51 PM GMT
I'm sure PP's just being ironic, Aka.  He'd be a right tw@t otherwise.

Meanwhile, there were 10,156 Separatist Shufflers in Glasgow on 11 Jan, around 8 times fewer than the SNP (and media) lied about. #AUOB #AllUnderOneBanner

https://twitter.com/UKaForceForGood/status/1217884239506612224
Report politicspunter January 16, 2020 10:54 PM GMT
What's aka on about trilby? you can cut and paste it if you like, I have him blocked.
Report trilby22 January 16, 2020 11:19 PM GMT
^^ SNP MARCH SPEEDED-UP, COUNT ON SCREEN, 10,156

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSTzFKpI9vc&feature=emb_logo Laugh
Report politicspunter January 16, 2020 11:22 PM GMT
No need trilby, curiosity got the better of me so I temporarily unblocked akabula to see what he was saying about me.
Report akabula January 16, 2020 11:26 PM GMT
I'm blocked Laugh Yet more fibs.
Report flushgordon1 January 16, 2020 11:30 PM GMT
His digits must be bleeding blocking and unblocking.
Report politicspunter January 16, 2020 11:31 PM GMT
akabula • January 16, 2020 10:39 PM GMT
politicalaftertimer calls lfc a troll Laugh
A fantasist who everybody on here has seen through.
Trump for POTUS was his only loser but when he won PP somehow had traded out of it and showed a small profit.
May for PM was his only loser but when he won PP somehow had traded out of it and showed a small profit.
Boris for PM was his only loser but when he won PP somehow had traded out of it and showed a small profit.
Can you see the pattern yet? LaughLaughLaugh

This is the one , is it?

Well now, Trump became president when he won the election on 8th November 2016. Theresa May became UK prime minister on 13th July 2016. But hold on, I didn't join the forum until 2018 (feel free to check it out). How can it be that according to akabula, I was after timing saying I had made a profit after they both won? The simple truth is, as usual, akabula simply made it up.
Let me turn to the last part, Boris for PM.

https://community.betfair.com/politics/go/thread/view/94150/31554125/who-is-this?post_id=558429385#558429385#flvWelcomeHeader

There you go akabula. All details on this thread with all bets posted and dated in advance of the result.
Report akabula January 16, 2020 11:35 PM GMT
When did you join as Meadow?
Report politicspunter January 16, 2020 11:37 PM GMT
akabula...

He is a horrid individual  his contribution on the Billy McNeill tribute thread sums him up.
Report akabula January 16, 2020 11:39 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaugh
Report akabula January 16, 2020 11:41 PM GMT
I remember when you were cornered and said Meadow told you. LaughLaughLaugh
Report akabula January 18, 2020 7:20 PM GMT
The SNP are going to refuse to take down the EU flag flown at Holyrood after we leave.
Scottish Education, NHS, Police and Transport all in a mess yet they spend time debating on stupid stunts like this.
Report pa lapsy January 18, 2020 7:27 PM GMT
Write to Tory party HQ and tell them your country is in a mess.
Report trilby22 January 27, 2020 4:09 PM GMT
Aye, it'll be a right fkn mess by the time Wee Nippy's imported every Abdul, Farook and Mohamed looking for some stabbystabby blow up the neighbours action Cry

Sturgeon calls for powers to set up 'Scottish visa' system

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51264179

Nicola Sturgeon has called for powers to be devolved to Holyrood to set up a "Scottish visa" system designed to help boost immigration.
Report telepathic January 27, 2020 4:32 PM GMT
Sorry to be repetitive but you Trilby - if brains were dynamite you could not blow your hat off.

You of course will be gathering the fruit next summer etc etc ???
Report trilby22 January 27, 2020 5:32 PM GMT
Oh look, here's wee telepathic - your typical clueless, antagonistic, bitter and acrimonious wee SNP clone.

Wtf are you talking about gathering fruit, you twit?
Report politicspunter January 27, 2020 5:41 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2020 -- 10:09AM, trilby22 wrote:

Aye, it'll be a right fkn mess by the time Wee Nippy's imported every Abdul, Farook and Mohamed looking for some stabbystabby blow up the neighbours action Sturgeon calls for powers to set up 'Scottish visa' systemhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51264179Nicola Sturgeon has called for powers to be devolved to Holyrood to set up a "Scottish visa" system designed to help boost immigration.

I have seen

Report politicspunter January 27, 2020 5:41 PM GMT

Jan 27, 2020 -- 10:09AM, trilby22 wrote:

Aye, it'll be a right fkn mess by the time Wee Nippy's imported every Abdul, Farook and Mohamed looking for some stabbystabby blow up the neighbours action Sturgeon calls for powers to set up 'Scottish visa' systemhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51264179Nicola Sturgeon has called for powers to be devolved to Holyrood to set up a "Scottish visa" system designed to help boost immigration.

I have seen some tripe on here but this post must be near the top of the shyte pile.

Report sofiakenny January 27, 2020 9:19 PM GMT
ackle/blgots batman..another bloo nose tory bampot.
Report trilby22 January 28, 2020 5:09 AM GMT

Jan 27, 2020 -- 11:41AM, politicspunter wrote:

Jan 27, 2020 --  4:09PM, trilby22 wrote:Aye, it'll be a right fkn mess by the time Wee Nippy's imported every Abdul, Farook and Mohamed looking for some stabbystabby blow up the neighbours action Sturgeon calls for powers to set up 'Scottish visa' systemhttps://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-51264179Nicola Sturgeon has called for powers to be devolved to Holyrood to set up a "Scottish visa" system designed to help boost immigration.I have seen some tripe on here but this post must be near the top of the shyte pile.

Laugh Says the board's very own King of Bullpish!  Have you ever tried reading some of the tripe you post?

Oh, here's Wee Larry too.  Get back in Aka's pocket where you belong!

Report politicspunter January 28, 2020 9:51 AM GMT
akabula...

Report telepathic January 28, 2020 11:56 AM GMT
Trilby your post just confirms the fact that you know FA  about FA.

One of the industries which will be severally hit by the lack of labour from the EU will be the fruit growing industry which relies on seasonal labour from EU countries to harvest the crop.

You stick to the crude abuse its much more prominent within your limited range of thought processes than anything remotely constructive.
Report Kelly January 28, 2020 12:23 PM GMT
So fewer Dundee raspberries ( the best , by the way ) unless Scotland manages to free itself ?
Report politicspunter January 28, 2020 12:27 PM GMT
Actually, I have a connection with that business as one of our daughters lives in Dundee and works for a large fruit growing firm (in the IT department). They are concerned, very concerned.
Report Kelly January 28, 2020 12:59 PM GMT
All the Scottish MP's and representatives I see on TV talk sense and seem clued in .  In contrast a lot of the English MP's and representatives just spout mantra coming from "central office"  , and know nothing about the "regions" , all their interests being in a narrow spectrum emanating from Westminster ( London) . Blinkered politics not the best way to govern a multi national UK .
Report politicspunter January 28, 2020 1:42 PM GMT
I agree. Ruth Davidson was terrific when she was in play. The Deputy leader candidate for Labour Ian Murray is also very good and of course in Nicola Sturgeon they have the best politician in the UK.
Report telepathic January 28, 2020 2:24 PM GMT
The soft fruit, the hospitality and tourist industries will all be badly affected North of Perth. This will have all sorts of knock on effects to local communities and wider business.
The Westminster policy of "one size fits all" is their usual approach to anything which needs a variety of thoughtful solutions and just another reason why decisions made in Scotland For Scots by Scots is the future.
Report lfc1971 January 28, 2020 3:01 PM GMT
If the Scots cant attract people to work in their local industry they are doing something wrong, they will have to up their game.
Report lfc1971 January 28, 2020 3:14 PM GMT
Half the fruit grown in the UK is produced in Kent
Report Kelly January 28, 2020 3:22 PM GMT
We are talking about the impact on local communities lfc . It will become increasingly obvious that local communities are deemed dispensable in the "one for all " mantra . Fine if you like living in major conurbations , but does not suit everyone in our "united" Kingdom .
Report pa lapsy January 28, 2020 3:23 PM GMT
You will have to "up your own game" lfc if you think that is going to get harvested. Remember last year? a lot was left to rot.
Not sure there is too much incentive for farmers to work their fields, aren't some things subsidised by the EU?
Drip,drip,drip.
Report politicspunter January 28, 2020 3:25 PM GMT
Probably one of the multitude of reasons the SNP did so well at the general election.
Report lfc1971 January 28, 2020 3:37 PM GMT
Just pointing out the challenges facing English farmers areas great if not greater than those in Scotland.

If the Scots are silly enough to want to continue with sturgeons plans for mass immigration and freedom of movement in order to get cheap labour then they will have to do that after independence, not before
Report pa lapsy January 28, 2020 3:41 PM GMT
You weren't pointing out much unless it was written in invisible ink.
Report lfc1971 January 28, 2020 3:43 PM GMT
Half the fruit grown in the UK is produced in Kent
Report pa lapsy January 28, 2020 3:48 PM GMT
To be more precise,if the Scots can't harvest their crops,that is their problem,i fixed it for you. (15.01)
Report lfc1971 January 28, 2020 3:50 PM GMT
Yes, and the same applies to English farmers, I fixed it for you
Report pa lapsy January 28, 2020 3:53 PM GMT
I had to bring that to your attention (15.23), sobering isn't it? That and the fishing today,long year,the list will be huge.
Report lfc1971 January 28, 2020 3:57 PM GMT
I was aware of it pl thanks  Happy

By the way I think the Scots fishing industry accounts for 65% or more of the UK fishing industry (not sure would havevto check)

So they should be wanting control back of our fishing waters also, something Sturgeon and the SNP don't want.
Report telepathic January 28, 2020 4:53 PM GMT
lfc -go and ramble somewhere else.....for a change talk about something you know about....????? that will be a struggle.

Tory ministers came to Scotland and promised the fishermen control of coastal waters..... they got votes in the NE of Scotland which helped them get 3 MPs elected.

The first item on the EUs shopping list is fishing rights and you can bet Boris will sell the fisherman done the river.

HELLMENDTHEM NEVER NEVER EVER TRUST A TORY UNIONIST.
Report lfc1971 January 28, 2020 5:00 PM GMT
Oh, I thought it was Sturgeon and the SNP who didn't want the Scots to get back control of their fishing waters
silly me.
Report telepathic January 28, 2020 5:12 PM GMT
"silly you" for once you got it right.

When you know the history of the British Governments dealings with the EU on the fishing industry you know where we will end up : AT ONE STAGE BRITISH GOVERNMENT SAID THAT IT WAS OF NO CONSEQUENCE and gave away they fishing rights quotas etc. and although the major part of the fishing industry is Scottish, no Scottish representative was allowed at any of the negotiations.

Better Together don't make me puke!!
Report lfc1971 January 28, 2020 5:15 PM GMT
Laugh you,re all over the place telepathic
Report telepathic January 28, 2020 5:20 PM GMT
I know the PLACE you should be in.Sad
Report lfc1971 January 28, 2020 5:22 PM GMT
No , I,m beginning to think that many Scots DO hate the English and it means they cant think straight and blame us for everything (even when we try to get their fishing right back

Not the majority though
Report moisok January 28, 2020 6:54 PM GMT
but why are scottish politicos, who hate us, allowed anywhere near westmonster?
Report pa lapsy January 28, 2020 7:15 PM GMT
Love or hate,doesn't matter,they have no voice,their democratic wishes re remain in EU counted for zero.
Report moisok January 28, 2020 7:17 PM GMT
i know the boys like value for money - this lot clearly aren't
Report trilby22 January 29, 2020 7:29 PM GMT
You know what they say, tele, "Better to keep quiet and be thought stupid than to comment and remove all doubt." Laugh
Report Kelly January 29, 2020 7:57 PM GMT
Does the 73% figure indicating Scottish preference for staying in the EU not worry some ?
Report telepathic January 30, 2020 11:28 AM GMT
Trilby - your posts over a period of time have certainly removed all doubt.
Report trilby22 January 30, 2020 1:18 PM GMT
https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/scottish-parliament-backs-indyref2-this-year-—-but-is-swiftly-rebuffed/ar-BBZrRVI
"All eyes will now turn to the First Minister's speech on Brexit day on Friday, where she is expected to set out her “next steps” in securing a legally binding vote on Scotland's future." ExcitedLaugh
Report Kelly January 30, 2020 1:33 PM GMT
Under estimating Scotland politically will be a very dangerous policy for the Conservative party . Particularly if there is any real aspiration for having any sense of "one-ness" which is one of Boris's sound bites .   Strategically Scotland is of huge significance in UK terms , and being dominated from London is not attractive to a lot of Scots . And they no longer could be described as being representative of a lot of warring factions/ clans .
Report themover January 30, 2020 2:09 PM GMT
The SNP don't respect the results of any referendum, God knows why they want another!
Report themover January 30, 2020 2:10 PM GMT
Scotland voted to stay in the UK and the UK voted to leave the EU. Case closed.
Report politicspunter January 30, 2020 2:21 PM GMT

Jan 30, 2020 -- 8:10AM, themover wrote:

Scotland voted to stay in the UK and the UK voted to leave the EU. Case closed.

The case is very much open on Scottish Independence. Circumstances (ie leaving the EU) have completely changed. If Holyrood votes for a referendum, after all, it is elected by the Scottish people, then let them have a referendum. It is totally undemocratic to try and block it.

Report themover January 30, 2020 2:24 PM GMT
I don't recall the SNP mentioning the EU before the last Independence referendum. In fact I'd go as far to say they didn't give two hoots about the EU until the UK decided to leave it and the majority of Scotland voted to remain in it. What is undemocratic is to ignore the last "once in a generation" referendum that even the SNP was quoting!
Report politicspunter January 30, 2020 2:27 PM GMT
themover, you seem to be obsessed in blocking democratic referendums because the result of the previous one suits your agenda? It's not for you nor I to decide on whether to have a referendum, it's for the elected representatives of the parliament of the nation concerned, in this case Holyrood, to decide.
Report themover January 30, 2020 2:30 PM GMT
Great, no need to bother the UK Parliament with it then.
Report politicspunter January 30, 2020 2:31 PM GMT
The UK Parliament should have no involvement whatsoever.
Report themover January 30, 2020 2:32 PM GMT
Why do they keep asking for one for in the UK Parliament then?
Report politicspunter January 30, 2020 2:34 PM GMT
Sadly, in the Westminster system, a referendum has to be granted by the current government which is totally undemocratic.
Report themover January 30, 2020 2:36 PM GMT
" it's for the elected representatives of the parliament of the nation concerned, in this case Holyrood, to decide."

So it's not up to them at all Confused
Report politicspunter January 30, 2020 2:37 PM GMT
I am not sure I understand your post but if you believe it's not for Westminster to decide then you are correct.
Report themover January 30, 2020 2:38 PM GMT
"in the Westminster system, a referendum has to be granted by the current government"

Correct, not Holyrood.
Report politicspunter January 30, 2020 2:39 PM GMT
Sadly, yes, Westminster has to grant it, which is totally undemocratic.
Report themover January 30, 2020 2:42 PM GMT
A bit like the EU that they want to remain in Laugh
Report politicspunter January 30, 2020 2:44 PM GMT
To be fair to particularly the SNP, at Westminster they do not vote on matters that do not affect Scotland. It's completely undemocratic for the Westminster representatives of England, Wales and Northern Ireland to vote on matters on Scotland alone. The Holyrood Parliament is elected by the people of Scotland alone, it is for them to decide on any referendum.
Report politicspunter January 30, 2020 2:52 PM GMT
UK (Scotland), YouGov poll:

Should Scotland be an independent country?

Yes: 51% (+7)
No: 49% (-7)

+/- vs. 3-6 December 2019

Fieldwork: 22-27 January 2020
Sample size: 1039
Report themover January 30, 2020 3:03 PM GMT
So only 44% in favour of independence prior to the UK General Election. Surprised it only went up 7% after a Tory government was elected!
Report moisok January 30, 2020 7:15 PM GMT
why are there so many here representing a tiny percentage of the kingdom

I would say they are massively over represented.

another question

why do so many nice scottish people live in england and why don't they or didn't they get a vote on independence
Report sofiakenny January 30, 2020 7:55 PM GMT
mover..you aint the sharpest tool are you?..the longer the tories ignore and disrespect the people of Scotland what do you think that will do for
the indy movement?
Report trilby22 January 30, 2020 8:13 PM GMT
Well done with your last night.

sofiakenny • January 29, 2020 7:43 PM GMT

11/4 under 3 goals is my play ..gl.

I've already said so but you didn't acknowledge.
Report themover January 30, 2020 8:40 PM GMT
"ignore and disrespect the people of Scotland"

The only Scots being disrespected are those that voted to stay in the UK when the SNP got it's "once in a generation" referendum.
Report politicspunter January 30, 2020 8:54 PM GMT
The only Scots being disrespected are the ones who elect their representation at Holyrood but MPs from a Parliament in another country tell them what to do.
Report themover January 30, 2020 10:14 PM GMT
sounds like the EU again Grin
Report moisok January 30, 2020 10:14 PM GMT
but why couldn't  the nice scottish people who live in englandisch  vote in the independent issue

is there something ginge fears?
Report moisok January 30, 2020 10:15 PM GMT
why do so many scottish mps represent so few voters?
Report moisok January 30, 2020 10:15 PM GMT
why do we give them so much money?
Report themover January 30, 2020 10:32 PM GMT
The SNP are over-represented in the UK Parliament thanks to First Past the Post, yet they want to be part of a Parliament where they will be under-represented Crazy
Report trilby22 January 30, 2020 10:55 PM GMT
Polly and Wee Larry the Sheephodger are easy confused, themover.  Typical snp folk Wink
Report akabula January 31, 2020 12:33 AM GMT
sofiakenny30 Jan 20 19:55Joined: 02 Apr 05 | Topic/replies: 22,041 | Blogger: sofiakenny's blog
mover..you aint the sharpest tool are you?..the longer the tories ignore and disrespect the people of Scotland what do you think that will do for
the indy movement?

They are respecting the vast maority of Scolands voters. Only a tad over a third of the electorate voted for independence which means nearly 66% of the electorate didn't vote for independence.
What was that about not being the sharpest tool on the box? Although tbf kennybhoy sharp or blunt you are a tool. Laugh
Report trilby22 January 31, 2020 12:46 AM GMT
Ladies tights Laugh

Got a link to that skit, Aka?  I can't find it.
Report akabula January 31, 2020 12:54 AM GMT
https://twitter.com/classicbritcom/status/1111692948662562816?lang=en

"I've got it wrong again"
Poor kennybhoy never ever gets it right. Laugh
Report sofiakenny January 31, 2020 7:18 AM GMT
48-6 ya Orange quizling bigot...62-38
Report politicspunter January 31, 2020 11:39 AM GMT

Jan 30, 2020 -- 4:14PM, themover wrote:

sounds like the EU again

Well, at least the EU recognised and accepted the democratic right of the people of the UK to a referendum in order to determine their future and didn't attempt to block it. Sadly, Westminster refuses to do the same with regard to the people of Scotland.

Report pa lapsy January 31, 2020 11:43 AM GMT
Indeed,a failure of democracy in Scotland and Northern Ireland,the wishes of the people in the toilet.Rightfully taking to the streets this evening to protest,though will do little good.
Report themover January 31, 2020 12:02 PM GMT
It's strange how Remainers that attempted to block the result of a referendum at every single opportunity are now screaming democracy. If N Ireland wants a vote no issues with that, Scotland has already had one but if they think there's a case for another then they can make that to the elected UK Government and they can decide.
Report politicspunter January 31, 2020 12:09 PM GMT

Jan 31, 2020 -- 6:02AM, themover wrote:

It's strange how Remainers that attempted to block the result of a referendum at every single opportunity are now screaming democracy. If N Ireland wants a vote no issues with that, Scotland has already had one but if they think there's a case for another then they can make that to the elected UK Government and they can decide.

If you mean me, I voted Leave.

Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com