Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
themover
17 Oct 19 09:37
| Topic/replies: 49,056 | Blogger: themover's blog
Pause Switch to Standard View A deal has been done!
Show More
Report thegiggilo October 17, 2019 6:30 PM BST
The impartial BBC,incredible how do they get away with it never mind i'm sure there will be an unbiased queestion time on later with that left fiona bruce,audience full of tory/brexit councillros jeering and booing the labour mps,spot the plant(s) night every thursday..
Report thegiggilo October 17, 2019 6:30 PM BST
left winger fiona bruce*
Report Angoose October 17, 2019 6:31 PM BST
Beth Rigby got in a decent jibe, comparing his to Theresa May.
There will be more of that come Saturday afternoon.
Report n88uk October 17, 2019 6:35 PM BST
Hoey still against.
Report Angoose October 17, 2019 6:36 PM BST
No surprises there, let's hope she is in a very small minority.
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2019 6:47 PM BST
labour leaver mp,s want assurances,promises about workers rights etc, FFS HE,S A FOOKING CLUE

erg voting for it because johnson has promised them Singapore on thames
as for trust
check the bus outside no 10 its got 10 dup,s trying to get out from underneath it

vote for what you like but FFS don't insult peoples intelligence that its based on promises and trust in Johnson, SadSad
Report thegiggilo October 17, 2019 6:51 PM BST
Great opportunity for the right of labour to get rid of corbyn voting this through..
Report enpassant October 17, 2019 6:52 PM BST
How ? If he doesn't walk, how ?
Report Angoose October 17, 2019 6:53 PM BST
Sam Gyimah summed it up on Sky.

Labour MP's hoping for a soft Brexit will find themselves in the same lobby as the hardest of hard Brexiteers, one of these groups will end up being very dissapointed.
Report enpassant October 17, 2019 6:54 PM BST
And even if he does go he will be followed by another radical left leader which the right would have to start all over again with a smear campaign. The easiest solution would be for the right to leave the party and join chukka.
Report n88uk October 17, 2019 6:55 PM BST
Still not expecting many Labour rebels. About 10 would be my guess.
Report impossible123 October 17, 2019 7:00 PM BST
If this was F1 the 'Leavers' would have an equivalent of one pit-stop in hand over the rest on fresh tyres starting the final lap.
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2019 7:02 PM BST
that's how fooooking stupid they are,theyve either all got to do it and get deal through or none of them do it,whats the point in ruining your career,getting de selected,getting momentum on your case and losing the vote any fooooking way,been led up the mountain by john mann who,s leaving anyway and frank field who,s an independent
any labour leaver who didn't rebel for mays soft Brexit and rebels for johnsons hard brexcit deserve,s anything that comes their way afterwards IMO,

THEIR THAT FOOOKING DIM they,ll help get johnsons deal through then vote against him in a no confidence vote and get hammered in a GE, the FOOOOKING STUPIDITY of mp,s no,s no bounds
Report sageform October 17, 2019 7:02 PM BST
message to Boris. 1. Get this deal through somehow. 2. Give Scotland independence. 3. Reunite Ireland. 4. Get Tory majority of 100 5. Peace at last.
Report Angoose October 17, 2019 7:02 PM BST
Somebody needs to get Jared O'Mara on a train and in to Westminster on Saturday, his vote may well be needed.
Report enpassant October 17, 2019 7:03 PM BST
On slicks in the p!ssing rain and Johnson at the wheel ! Hahaha
Report enpassant October 17, 2019 7:04 PM BST

Oct 17, 2019 -- 1:00PM, impossible123 wrote:

If this was F1 the 'Leavers' would have an equivalent of one pit-stop in hand over the rest on fresh tyres starting the final lap.

^^

Report thegiggilo October 17, 2019 7:05 PM BST
Prices shortening up all the time,you wouldn't believe labour mps could vote something like this through incredible and corbyn can't stop them politcal suicide..
Report moisok October 17, 2019 7:09 PM BST
depends what rich boy lansman tells his lecturers and students
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2019 7:31 PM BST
another tory slogan
lets end Brexit on oct 31st

barnnier hopes trade talks will begin on nov 1stCryCry
Report impossible123 October 17, 2019 7:41 PM BST
A trade agreement is mutually beneficial thus the sooner the commencement the better for UK plc and The EU.
Report SontaranStratagem October 17, 2019 7:43 PM BST
So basically everyone has been absolutely shafted right up the arris as predicted

Leaving in name only and no human rights act

I'd wanna get out of this country soon, find a way out and never come back
Report Angoose October 17, 2019 7:44 PM BST

Oct 17, 2019 -- 1:41PM, impossible123 wrote:

A trade agreement is mutually beneficial thus the sooner the commencement the better for UK plc and The EU.

Has the potential to be mutually beneficial but cannot possibly be better than the one that is already in place.
If you think it can be, please explain.

Report moisok October 17, 2019 7:45 PM BST
I wouldn't   - that is the problem with our (?) country now.  Too many have got it in for us - start with  the remoaners.
Report SontaranStratagem October 17, 2019 7:46 PM BST
This Johnson deal is Mays deal with the NI cr*p attached onto it

I did say previously it all hinged on NI and the backstop

If I was those bring the system down protesters/rioters I wouldn't even waste my time bothering, there's no point in fighting for a country that is docile and fast asleep
Report moisok October 17, 2019 7:48 PM BST
being taken over slowly by another more pernicious cult
Report enpassant October 17, 2019 8:45 PM BST
"Under no circumstances, under no circumstances, whatever happens, will I allow the EU or anyone else, to create any kind of diversion down the Irish Sea” - @BorisJohnson
Report Angoose October 17, 2019 8:49 PM BST
"It's not for me, a Buckinghamshire MP, to be more Unionist than The DUP". Steve Baker
(But I reserve the right to be less Unionist, just don't tell Arlene).
Report unitedbiscuits October 17, 2019 8:51 PM BST
Good to see the triumphalism of Leavers.
As a classical scholar (Johnson not lfcLaugh) he will be alive to its consequences.
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2019 8:53 PM BST
couldn't shut bridgen up for 3 years refused to be interviewed with tory remainers, could hardly look at the camera on ch news when john snow talked about throwing dup under the bus
Report enpassant October 17, 2019 8:56 PM BST
'Boris Johnson Brexit deal hits late legal challenge as it breaks legislation from… Jacob Rees-Mogg
The Government has negotiated a Withdrawal Agreement that appears to breach Section 55 of the Cross-Border Trade Act 2018 - amendments tabled by its own hardline Brexiteer ERG group.'
Report thegiggilo October 17, 2019 8:59 PM BST
Still shortening,be flip flop tomorrow..corbyn will be devestated if the labour right back up the the worst pm in history and sell us down the river..
Report 1st time poster October 17, 2019 9:00 PM BST
usual loons on bbc sky telling us Hammond and co will vote for deal because scared of no deal because of what junker said, hammond and co have a hotline to eu and will have been told an extention will be given if asked for,
cant see Hammond voting for this career in tory party over anyway and doesn't want a lose deal with eu in the future,will carry a lot of sway with other rebels as well, but he,ll probably want to no labour numbers before putting his head on block for nothing
Report thegiggilo October 17, 2019 9:03 PM BST
These tories make me laugh,all backtracking and voting for now incredible..
Report SontaranStratagem October 17, 2019 9:08 PM BST
Absolute stitch up

If they vote this through which is looking very likely its a big middle finger to the country

Bozo will no doubt do a runner once this is through (Mays deal essentially). They've spent 3 years just mind numbing the country into accepting any kind of rubbish
Report unitedbiscuits October 17, 2019 9:12 PM BST
Leavers will accept any trash, seemingly.

DailyMail/Express triumphal headlines tonight.

Hubris.

The Gods will repay Johnson.
Report lfc1971 October 17, 2019 9:52 PM BST
Juncker has told them to stick the Benn act up their jacksy Laugh
Report themover October 17, 2019 9:56 PM BST
Article 50 > Benn Act
Report n88uk October 17, 2019 10:07 PM BST
Does show you how gullible they think leavers are. Albeit if you've ever read Cummings' blogs you'd know he is aware leavers buy any old tosh, and it's all in the sale.
Report anxious October 17, 2019 10:13 PM BST
I must say its very confusing all this malarkey , im really not sure what the fook as been agreed or what happens next with the vote , all i know  its my fookin birthday on saturday  and im not getting involved with any of this sh1te
Report Angoose October 17, 2019 10:17 PM BST
Let’s hope you have a good birthday this year and for many more years to come.
But let’s also hope the Labour doubters do the right thing and vote the deal down.
Report anxious October 17, 2019 10:22 PM BST
i have plenty of Old Tom and Guinness stout and some uppers and downers , looking forward to United V Scousers  on Sunday
Report n88uk October 17, 2019 10:23 PM BST
I have no idea why you are looking forward to that as a Utd fan anxious.
Report lfc1971 October 17, 2019 10:26 PM BST
Happy birthday anxious , and looking forward to the match as well :)
Report thegiggilo October 18, 2019 1:16 AM BST
n88uk 17 Oct 19 18:55 
Still not expecting many Labour rebels. About 10 would be my guess

Whats the running total after tonights three declared..
Report sageform October 18, 2019 8:29 AM BST
What difference would an extension make other than persuading a lot more investors to move elsewhere or delay any new investments in UK? Without a General election, which none of the opposition parties want, how will a delay change anything? The latest poll by Yougov is quite startling.
Con 37, Lab 22, Libdem 18, Green 5, BXP 11. That suggests that if the deal is still on the table and most of the Brexits return to Con, Boris will have a very comfortable majority. That in turn suggests that there will never be a 66% vote for a new election so the uncertainty will drag on for another 3 years. The alternative is for a few more MP's to support the deal tomorrow and the blockage is cleared.
Report enpassant October 18, 2019 8:38 AM BST

Oct 18, 2019 -- 2:29AM, sageform wrote:

What difference would an extension make other than persuading a lot more investors to move elsewhere or delay any new investments in UK? Without a General election, which none of the opposition parties want, how will a delay change anything? The latest poll by Yougov is quite startling. Con 37, Lab 22, Libdem 18, Green 5, BXP 11. That suggests that if the deal is still on the table and most of the Brexits return to Con, Boris will have a very comfortable majority. That in turn suggests that there will never be a 66% vote for a new election so the uncertainty will drag on for another 3 years. The alternative is for a few more MP's to support the deal tomorrow and the blockage is cleared.

Once no deal is absolutely off the table the opposition will take the GE option so that would take care of your point about an extension.
The issue for many will be workers rights and food standards- any Labour MP voting for a Johnson deal that will further deregulate will be gone in a heartbeat.

Report sageform October 18, 2019 8:54 AM BST
They are so ridiculously short term. Leaving with this deal would allow a future Labour Government to INCREASE regulation of workers rights (collective bargaining, strikes, union reps on boards etc.) along the lines of their manifesto. If they think they have any chance of winning an election then go for it. If they are not prepared to do that it signals that they don't believe they will ever win back power.
Report sageform October 18, 2019 8:56 AM BST
And voting against this deal brings no deal right back to the top of the pile either now or in 6 months time. Makes no sense to me other than their blind determination to oppose everything.
Report Angoose October 18, 2019 9:00 AM BST
Our entire political system is damaging in that all governments take short term measures rather than taking a longer term view.
So yes, it can be seen as a short term view, but being tied to an alignment to EU standards would avoid the damaging Yo-Yo Tory/Labour changes to regulations.
Report themover October 18, 2019 9:05 AM BST
Graham Stringer LabourMP believes the EU is not the Lord Protector of workers’ rights & is surprised, given his historic opposition to the EU, that John McDonnell pretends that it is.
Report anxious October 18, 2019 9:08 AM BST
About 20 to 30 Labour mps will vote for this i think
Report Angoose October 18, 2019 9:08 AM BST
Yes, I heard him on Today earlier, and he is correct to a certain degree.
Little doubt though that the current cabinet are more regressive on workers rights than the current EU.
Report Angoose October 18, 2019 9:08 AM BST

Oct 18, 2019 -- 3:08AM, anxious wrote:

About 20 to 30 Labour mps will vote for this i think

Give us names.

Report 1st time poster October 18, 2019 9:11 AM BST
this is surely bad news for Johnson,tory party regards an election labour have Brexit vote out of the way,and these tory naarthern target seats will have a Brexit deal in their pocket would have struggled to vote tory,now have a free hit for the Brexit party and possible clean break further down the line ,thus splitting tory vote,labour holds through the middle,he cant rely on dup in future and loses seats in Scotland, starts off at minus 20/30
Report anxious October 18, 2019 9:12 AM BST
ruth smeeth, stringer , campbell , kinnock , hoey , godsliff etc , there are more believe me
Report anxious October 18, 2019 9:13 AM BST
This is the long run is better for Labour , this peoples champion crap wont last long for Bullingdon
Report Angoose October 18, 2019 9:18 AM BST
Nineteen signed the letter that went to the EU, not much noise coming from they though.

If this deal goes through, then the Tories clean up in the subsequent election, giving them five years to inflict damaging deregulation.
That doesn't help the working man in the short term.
Report sageform October 18, 2019 9:18 AM BST
I would not be surprised if one or 2 Libs vote for it as well. A few of them have spoken in favour of honouring the Referendum result in the past.
Report Angoose October 18, 2019 9:19 AM BST
They will be solid, as will the SNP.
Report sageform October 18, 2019 9:19 AM BST
Funny how both sides can interpret things to suit their own side.
Report 1st time poster October 18, 2019 9:21 AM BST
how the foook do torys clean up,if a withdrawl deal done no need for naarthern leavers to vote tory gives them a free hit at Brexit party splitting tory vote,tory,s cant count on dup lose big in Scotland,hung parliament again looks fav
Report thegiggilo October 18, 2019 9:21 AM BST
1st time poster 18 Oct 19 09:11 
this is surely bad news for Johnson,tory party regards an election labour have Brexit vote out of the way,and these tory naarthern target seats will have a Brexit deal in their pocket would have struggled to vote tory,now have a free hit for the Brexit party and possible clean break further down the line ,thus splitting tory vote,labour holds through the middle,he cant rely on dup in future and loses seats in Scotland, starts off at minus 20/30

It's the total opposite,i put up the polls with scenarios yesterday done i september this is the one where labour get annihilated if they vote the bill through,any other scenario the tories lose votes..
Report anxious October 18, 2019 9:24 AM BST
Labour has a big problem yes a lot mps and voters voted remain but about 35 per cent voted to leave , a lot of them in Northern working class areas , this is their heartland they cannot afford to lose these people
Report sageform October 18, 2019 9:26 AM BST
First of September is ancient history now. The polls have moved dramatically in the last 4 days.
Report themover October 18, 2019 9:29 AM BST
Who would want to be a Labour Remain voter tomorrow when your constituency voted Leave Plain
Report 1st time poster October 18, 2019 9:43 AM BST
if there was ever shy tory leave voters in narrtern seats ,and they've got a Brexit tkt in their back pocket its a no brainer they,ll vote Brexit party before tory,before a deal was struck a Brexit party vote was a wasted vote without a tory/Brexit pact, now its a free hit with labour benefiting
Report themover October 18, 2019 9:55 AM BST
Agree with that, however you would have to be confident BJ wouldn't do a deal with NF, and I think he would if it meant remaining in power and keeping JC out.
Report themover October 18, 2019 10:04 AM BST
Nicola Sturgeon
@NicolaSturgeon
Hope I’m wrong but I have a real suspicion that Labour would be quite happy to see this deal go through. They will officially oppose but give nod to ‘rebels’ to ensure numbers there to pass. It will be the end of them in Scotland if they do end up facilitating Brexit.
Report Angoose October 18, 2019 10:04 AM BST
Nicola is often wrong Grin
Report unitedbiscuits October 18, 2019 10:29 AM BST
https://twitter.com/ByDonkeys/status/1185087759448449024?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoo...
Report Angoose October 18, 2019 10:35 AM BST
All that's missing is a Hovis loaf.
Report lord skywalker October 18, 2019 1:02 PM BST
get this deal thru and move on, at least we wont have to put up with a  million angoose threads on why leavers made a huge mistake, remain dribble is getting a bit tiresome now
Report Angoose October 18, 2019 1:08 PM BST
Good afternoon your lordship, sorry to hear that you are falling in to the trap of thinking that voting for this deal gets Brexit done though, I expected more from your good self.
Report lord skywalker October 18, 2019 1:35 PM BST
if the vote goes thru there will be nothin remoaners can do, there is nothin wrong with the new deal just remainers cant and wont accept that we will leave even labour cant make its mind up with what to do with members that vote for johnsons deal "He also warned (JM) there would be "consequences" for MPs in his party who voted for Mr Johnson's deal.

However, on Wednesday, Labour leader Jeremy Corbun played down the possibility of removing the party whip from any rebels."
Report lord skywalker October 18, 2019 1:37 PM BST
the trouble with remoaners is they dont want change they prefer the status quo, very sad
Report themover October 18, 2019 1:45 PM BST
Former First Minister of Northern Ireland David Trimble declares that the new deal is "fully in accordance with the spirit of the Good Friday Agreement".
Report jollyswagman October 18, 2019 1:47 PM BST
anyone who was against the last deal because of the anti democratic backstop surely cant support an agreement with an unelected joint committee that can make decisions that have the force of law  until the end of the transition period and can do so in secrecy. there is no duty to publish their decisions even though they are legally binding.
Report lord skywalker October 18, 2019 1:59 PM BST
you wouldve thought so jolly, i think it will pass by about 15-20 votes and hopefully the pointless angoose threads will finally stop
Report 1st time poster October 18, 2019 2:02 PM BST
15 to 20 votes LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
shouldn't really be on a betting site, skywalker must have been the person telling may she,d win before losing by 200 votes LaughLaughLaugh
Report lord skywalker October 18, 2019 2:04 PM BST
whatever remoaner, i will be the one laughing when johnsons deal makes it thru with ease
Report moisok October 18, 2019 2:09 PM BST
they will be gutted - failed to stop us leaving
Report 1st time poster October 18, 2019 2:20 PM BST
if you ever read a thread on here and engaged your brain no matter how small,you,d no I voted to leave, you thick coooooooont
Report lord skywalker October 18, 2019 4:05 PM BST
more abuse always welcome, nice to know you can join two words or more to make a sentence well done!!
Report lord skywalker October 18, 2019 4:34 PM BST
you mock me 1st time and then wonder why i post what i did in return
Report lord skywalker October 18, 2019 4:35 PM BST
are you sure youre not a remainer 1st time
Report 1st time poster October 18, 2019 5:29 PM BST
I,m a leave voter who didn't vote to get the vote hijacked by grandfather francois re fighting 2nd world war,been over 2 years since a brexiteer give a good reason for leaving ,the grand priestess of Brexit erg best they can come up with is TOLERABLE, even Cameron/Osbourne managed to find SUNNY UPLANDS on the back of a cornflakes packet.
Richard tyce Brexit party must turn leavers off in their 1000,s,ignorant bullyboy with no idea,s ,vision
Report jollyswagman October 18, 2019 5:32 PM BST
^^^ just about the same for me.
Report anxious October 18, 2019 6:20 PM BST
same as
Report themover October 21, 2019 10:51 AM BST
Today is surely the day. Estimates reckon 320-317.
Report Angoose October 21, 2019 11:11 AM BST
Such a result is not possible, there are a maximum of 635 votes.
Report themover October 21, 2019 11:18 AM BST
? According to the Guardian :

639 of 650 MPs vote. Two MPs likely to abstain. Excluded are Sinn Féin's seven MPs, who refuse to sit in the Westminster parliament, and the Speaker, plus his three deputies, who do not usually vote
Report themover October 21, 2019 11:18 AM BST
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2019/oct/20/
brexit-boris-johnson-eu-deal-delay-live-news
Report Angoose October 21, 2019 11:19 AM BST
They are wrong.
I posted extensively on this last week but, being a nice guy, I will post again.
Report Angoose October 21, 2019 11:22 AM BST
Ok, 650 MP's in total.
7 Sinn Fein will not vote, the Speaker and three Deputy Speakers also do not vote.

So, that's 650 - 7 - 1 - 3 = 639

However, you need to deduct the tellers from that, two for the Aye lobby, and two for the No lobby.
Thus, the maximum number of votes that will be reported is 639 - 4 = 635.
Report themover October 21, 2019 11:25 AM BST
Thanks. So according to the Guardian's vote estimation it will be 318-315. A bit poor that the Guardian don't know that Laugh
Report Angoose October 21, 2019 11:26 AM BST
Here is Saturday's vote as an example of how it actually works

Party        Aye        No        NVR        Teller - Ayes        Teller - Noes        Total   
    Conservative                283        2                2        287   
    Labour        231        6        4        2                243   
    Independent        17        17        1                        35   
    Scottish National Party        35                                        35   
    Liberal Democrat        19                                        19   
    Democratic Unionist Party        10                                        10   
    Sinn Fein                        7                        7   
    The Independent Group for Change        5                                        5   
    Plaid Cymru        4                                        4   
    Deputy Speaker                        3                        3   
    Speaker                        1                        1   
    Green Party        1                                        1   
    Total        322        306        18        2        2        650   

You can see the 322 v 306 count as read out by the Speaker, recorded in Hansard, and reported by the media.
The same media who misreported that the main motion was pulled when in fact it wasn't, it went through un-apposed.
Report Angoose October 21, 2019 11:31 AM BST
The Speaker will likely not allow a vote on the motion today, it was passed on Saturday!!!
But the government wish to make a political point and continue with their parliament v people narrative.

Even if there was a vote, the Letwin amendment remains intact, a point that the right wing press would omit to report in furtherance of the parliament v people narrative.

It is all games.

For what it is worth, I have the vote as 320 - 315 were it to go ahead, assuming no abstentions.
It could possibly be an even bigger victory for the government but would remain symbolic until the legislation is passed.
Report themover October 21, 2019 11:57 AM BST
Oh well, sounds like nothing happening today. Current odds 3.6 to leave on or before 31/10.
Report Angoose October 21, 2019 12:05 PM BST
There will be more theatre today, Bercow will get vilified and angry, unattributed statements will recommence from No.10, having been ceased for the last week or so.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com