Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
differentdrum
10 Oct 19 20:40
| Topic/replies: 13,265 | Blogger: differentdrum's blog
https://www.independent.co.uk/voices/brexit-myths-busting-polling-second-referendum-leave-remain-a9149491.html

Time has moved on. The most anti-democratic thing you could do is to deliver Brexit against the current will of the people.

Let's face it if leavers were confident that the majority still wanted to leave we would have already gone down the second referendum route and settled the issue. If we ever get to a second referendum they know the game is up.
Pause Switch to Standard View Why Leavers Are So Scared Of A Second...
Show More
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:11 PM BST
Well indeed remainers had great faith in their own viewpoint in the referendum.... and lost

Brexiteers were not so arrogant , but won

That’s probably how it is
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:13 PM BST
Of course Farage would have campaigned to change people’s minds I suppose if he had lost

But he would have accepted he had lost.  Unlike the undemocratic bad losers
Report geordie1956 October 13, 2019 9:20 PM BST
Of course Farage would have campaigned to change people’s minds I suppose if he had lost

But he would have accepted he had lost.  Unlike the undemocratic bad losers

No he wouldn't; he said something to the effect that it the Leavers lost by a close vote they would try again
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:23 PM BST
I don’t really need to explain. why parliament has failed , so far , in its duty
To respect the referendum result and leave the EU

Hopefully their delaying tactics are coming to an end soon
Report geordie1956 October 13, 2019 9:23 PM BST
Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

Guess what remain lost by such a margin so he should accept his own words for a re-run ... or does he lie like Johnson
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:25 PM BST
If course he would try again Geordie   , but that would only be after he had accepted the result

We are still waiting for remainers to do that
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:26 PM BST
Everyone agreed to accept the result , or of course we all assumed people in Britain were like that

Now we know different
Report geordie1956 October 13, 2019 9:29 PM BST
Farage said himself that he would keep campaigning if Leave lost by 52-48
So he is a liar if he now refuses a 2nd referendum for the other side if the vote was close
Typical leaver ... hypocrites the lot of em
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:34 PM BST
Farage would only have continued to campaign to leave the EU if
leave had lost and we were still in the eu

Remainers can continue to campaign. once they accept they lost ref and we are out of the eu

That seems fair , sobyrr snd think logically George and stop throwing silly insults
that don’t make any sense
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 13, 2019 9:34 PM BST
Farage's statement is pretty much explicitly him stating that he wouldn't accept it and would continue to fight to Leave. I mean, how dumb do you have to be not to see it. If you really think his words meant "I'm going to accept it and come back in 40 years or so" then you need to hand in what remains of your brain to reception on the way out.

Jesus, the stupidity of this place sometimes.
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:36 PM BST
There’s pineapple there no point spelling things out to him
He’s too stupid to understand even when that is done for him
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 13, 2019 9:36 PM BST
Farage would only have continued to campaign to leave the EU if
leave had lost and we were still in the eu

Leave won and Farage is still campaigning to leave the EU.

Either you're lying, you're stupid, or Farage is lying. Or all 3 to be fair.
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:37 PM BST
See what I mean ? Laugh
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 13, 2019 9:41 PM BST
Add a smiley and hope no-one notices you're talking nonsense. All the hallmarks of an idiot leaver.

Jesus, what happened to this country. We used to be clever, inquisitive, challenging those in power who seek to control us with their lies.

Now, we have politicians utterly, provably lying to our faces and some people see it as honourable to close their eyes and swallow it down in one gulp.

Shameful. Utterly shameful. I want to be proud to be British but I look around at some fellow Brits and can only feel embarrassment. Not good.
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:43 PM BST
It’s all there pineapple in words
Read them , read them again , read them slowly
And try to understand
Anythings possible
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:44 PM BST
Go on, surprise yourself .....
Report melv October 13, 2019 9:48 PM BST
Spoiler alert same old voices below repeating the same old words. Nobody moves nobody changes. ( oooops sorry apart from the occasional leaver lying and saying he voted remain the first time)

Prediction; what ever the result this nation will be going on like this for at least a generation. Just because Cameron used the worst sides of human nature fear hatred discrimination and revenge to win a general election.
Report geordie1956 October 13, 2019 9:51 PM BST
These were the words of Farage -  “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.”
That is explicit language ... it does not say he would accept the result
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:52 PM BST
As long as we leave , then of course no one knows the future
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 13, 2019 9:53 PM BST
Jesus, lfc really is the very worst of this country.
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:53 PM BST
George he doesn’t have to say , the result would have been implemented

Now when the result is implemented I won’t give two hoots what the remainers said
We know now they were lying anyway
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 9:56 PM BST
You see implement the referendum result

I don’t care what Farage said , I don’t care what Corbyn or May or boris said

Or any other ******
Report geordie1956 October 13, 2019 9:58 PM BST
lfc getting shirty ...
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 10:00 PM BST
simple logic geord ie ,
I’m beginning to think remainers are not capable of rational , logical thought

Well we see the evidence of that just here and now
Report PorcupineorPineapple October 13, 2019 10:02 PM BST
Indeed lfc, this is the point.

You don't care about democracy. Or sovereignty, or being better off as you promised yourself or any of the other things you think justified your decision.

You truly don't care. Because if you cared, you'd care just as much when each of those things was trampled on in the time since.

You just want to win. That's all. You're desperate for it. And you don't care about anything else as long as you get that win.

And that's why we will always mock you mercilessly. Because you are a cowardly idiot. And you may try to find new ways to contort yourself into thinking you're right but we'll always be there to remind you of what you really are. Have a good evening.
Report geordie1956 October 13, 2019 10:03 PM BST
you come across as really thick lfc but at least we keey trying to educate you Cool
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 10:03 PM BST
I suppose it’s something that can’t be taught
people in some countries are almost completely irrational
that’s not a good thing
Report impossible123 October 13, 2019 10:03 PM BST
I'm astounded people are still debating about the legitimacy of the 2016 Referendum. Why? A vote was taken, and the 'Leavers' won. So, just enact the result. Anyone not agreeing with the result can always ask for another Referendum in the future but not until the 2016 one has been enacted eg 10/15/20 years' time.

And, please do not say the majority of the people have changed their mind since 2016 either. I'd not even entertain such a stupid assertion/statement let alone asking for definitive proof. However, 'Remainers' can canvass or ask for another Referendum after a specific time frame has elapsed.
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 10:05 PM BST
Well we will be entitled to make it as difficult as possible for them of course
And we might not even allow them ....after their bad behaviour they don’t deserve it
Report geordie1956 October 13, 2019 10:06 PM BST
Now we have the monkey and the organ grinder on behalf of Leave Devil
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 10:07 PM BST
Remainers gave dusgraced themselves , that’s there for all time of course
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 10:08 PM BST
It really is something when we see Barnier coming over to the Brexit side Happy
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2019 10:09 PM BST
Impossible

Don’t you believe in Parliamentary Sovereignty?

I thought that is what leavers wanted!
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 10:11 PM BST
I can just hear the Europeans saying to themselves  , These remainers , little grovelling ******, lol

Who could blame them

Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2019 10:11 PM BST
Either you're lying, you're stupid, or Farage is lying. Or all 3 to be fair.

Post of the day and I have to ad anLaugh!
Report geordie1956 October 13, 2019 10:11 PM BST
Its called a Parliamentary Democracy for a reason ...
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 10:12 PM BST
sorry losers , I’m too tired to explain those silly things ,
again
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2019 10:21 PM BST
Why should anyone trust these Conservative Governments?

Now Mogg is supporting the May Deal? Are we to be a vassal state?
Report impossible123 October 13, 2019 10:38 PM BST
The 'Leavers' just want to 'Leave' The EU with or without a 'Deal' because the 'Leavers' do not like the present mishmash EU composition eg economic pariahs and economic leaders, with the economic leaders paying for the rejuvenation of the economic pariahs for many, many  more years to come all for the sake of political dominance and enormous land mass; a very crass strategy only stupid leaders with little understanding or experience of Economics could embark on.

Not so long ago people in other parts of the world sacrificed their lives for a vote for democracy. And, now a vote legitimately taken by everyone eligible in 2016 some here still questioned its legitimacy.

I also believe in Parliamentary Sovereignty too as long as our representatives in Parliament carry out the vote of their people otherwise, the Parliamentarians can get lost - the Parliamentarians are working for the people not themselves. But, democracy must not be eroded by Parliamentarians - they are there to act of the people's behalf ie carry out the result of a vote. 

I also do not care which government eg Tories, Labour or Lib(un)Dem in power, whoever must carry out the result of a democratic vote, not theirs.
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2019 10:42 PM BST
I thought it was a simple question!

Here is another

Should Scottish MP's vote for a No Deal Brexit?

So you do believe in Parliamentary Democracy but only if they do what you want?
Report impossible123 October 13, 2019 11:00 PM BST
I do not care about what the Scottish MPs think or do, why? Scotland is part of the UK, and if The UK have voted for Brexit Scotland will just have to accept it. But, they can always ask for another Referendum to detach from The UK in the future - did they not get one not so long ago, and lost?

If an entity is part of a bigger entity and the bigger entity has chosen to embark on something then that entity would have to accept it willingly or not eg in business, a division of a conglomerate has no say in the final outcome of a mega or takeover.
Report politicspunter October 13, 2019 11:02 PM BST
Scotland has accepted their referendum vote which was to remain.
Report Whisperingdeath October 13, 2019 11:18 PM BST
If you keep on like this impossible you are going to replace lfc in our hearts!

So Scottish MP's should not represent the wishes of their voters? Really!

That is why we voted to leave is it?
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 11:26 PM BST
Scottish mps are not representing the wishes of its voters
I don’t know how many snp   are doing that
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 11:28 PM BST
I can’t think of one who is representing the leave voters , there may be
Report lfc1971 October 13, 2019 11:30 PM BST
Same problem in England with labour of course
Report mafeking October 14, 2019 12:44 AM BST
all elections are fought on the basis of a multitude of lies on both sides. it's up to the electorate to decide which lies they believe
Report lord skywalker October 14, 2019 8:11 AM BST
remaoners will use any argument to say the 2016 vote doesnt count and we were not told the full truth , i would rather have a deal but if not so be, remoaners hould accept the result and move on
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2019 10:50 AM BST
Why?

Why shouldn't they do all that is legally and Democratically allowed to stop it?
Report impossible123 October 14, 2019 11:04 AM BST
'Whisperingdeath'...what did you not understand about the 2016 EU Referendum? It was crystal clear about its objective and unambiguous. It was either a 'Yes' or a 'No' to exit The EU - no ifs or buts; ambiguity was only "introduced" by 'Remainer' - the loser post that Referendum (not prior). And, what you're doing now is trying to fudge it by using unrelated or mutually exclusive comparison for Brexit - the horse had bolted!

SNP represents Scotland (not many of them), and Scotland is only one component of The UK; 2016 Referendum covered the entire UK (including Scotland); The UK voted to 'Leave' The EU, and if Scotland did not,...that's tough = like it or lump it. But, please do not bring in totally unrelated and independent situations not Brexit related into the equation. As I said earlier Scotland can always ask again for another referendum to detach from The UK - I'm not allowed to vote in that - but it has my support, why? I do not believe in keeping any entity into a "club" if the entity is unhappy to do so.
Report politicspunter October 14, 2019 11:10 AM BST

Oct 14, 2019 -- 5:04AM, impossible123 wrote:

'Whisperingdeath'...what did you not understand about the 2016 EU Referendum? It was crystal clear about its objective and unambiguous. It was either a 'Yes' or a 'No' to exit The EU - no ifs or buts; ambiguity was only "introduced" by 'Remainer' - the loser post that Referendum (not prior). And, what you're doing now is trying to fudge it by using unrelated or mutually exclusive comparison for Brexit - the horse had bolted!SNP represents Scotland (not many of them), and Scotland is only one component of The UK; 2016 Referendum covered the entire UK (including Scotland); The UK voted to 'Leave' The EU, and if Scotland did not,...that's tough = like it or lump it. But, please do not bring in totally unrelated and independent situations not Brexit related into the equation. As I said earlier Scotland can always ask again for another referendum to detach from The UK - I'm not allowed to vote in that - but it has my support, why? I do not believe in keeping any entity into a "club" if the entity is unhappy to do so.

SNP represents all of Scotland's interests and they are supporting the clear remain decision of that nation. The rest of the UK can vote whichever way it wants as far as they are concerned because their sole interest is Scotlands wishes. They are totally correct to support this in the manner they are currently doing.

Report lfc1971 October 14, 2019 11:10 AM BST
Impossible , we must punish the remainers , and make sure they never get another referendum
Report lord skywalker October 14, 2019 11:15 AM BST
even my parents who are remoaners sound like robots who keep on repeating the same rubbish, gina miller started the remoaner revolt straight after the referendum stating parliament should have a say in starting article 50, they passed it and now should let the uk leave the eu without any further votes, trust will be lost forever in mps if they manage to stop brexit and that is what the lib dems,snp and to a lesser extent labour (cant make their poxy minds up)
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2019 11:17 AM BST
I voted to leave in 2016 impossible!

Three Conservative Governments have failed to deliver on it. Parliament has failed to deliver on it. The Country is split down the middle.

I as a citizen of this great country have every right to change my mind and to oppose us leaving the European Union if I so desire. That is what being British is all about!

The UK Parliament has shown its power and the very people who want Parliament to be Sovereign complain that it is!

I do not want to leave the EU at this time. I wish the decision of the British People to be reversed. Is that against the law or undemocratic?

If the people deliver a Parliament that allows Dorris to force through a no deal Brexit then so be it. If I vote for a Parliament that will either revoke Article 50 or call for a confirmation referendum then that is my democratic choice and right, what don't you understand about that? So if they do call another referendum or revoke Article 50 will you accept it?
Report themover October 14, 2019 11:18 AM BST
Yes it is against the law, as Article 50 is in EU law and that says the UK are leaving the EU on the 31st October (deal or no deal).
Report lord skywalker October 14, 2019 11:21 AM BST
snp does represent scotlands interests quite correct PP but scotland is part of the UK and therefore must leave the EU unless they have another referrendum to seperate from the uk but mps should respect the 2016 vote and leave sooner rather than later, another delay will only lead to more arguments and more ammo for remain to say it was so long ago tthat the 2016 vote is no longer valid
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2019 11:24 AM BST
Yes it is against the law, as Article 50 is in EU law and that says the UK are leaving the EU on the 31st October (deal or no deal).

Print out the bit that says that!
Report themover October 14, 2019 11:25 AM BST
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2016/577971/EPRS_BRI(2016...
Report themover October 14, 2019 11:25 AM BST
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2016/577971/
EPRS_BRI(2016)577971_EN.pdf
Report lord skywalker October 14, 2019 11:26 AM BST
personally i will not vote in another referrendum as  i strongly beleive the first one shouldve been enacted, what if leave won again whisper would you accept it then proberly not
Report themover October 14, 2019 11:26 AM BST
Article 50 – Treaty on European Union (TEU)
1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own
constitutional requirements.
2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its
intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall
negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its
withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That
agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the
Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the
Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.
3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of
the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in
paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned,
unanimously decides to extend this period.
4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the
Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of
the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.
A qualified majority shall be defined in accordance with Article 238(3)(b) of the Treaty on the
Functioning of the European Union.
5. If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to
the procedure referred to in Article 49.
Report lfc1971 October 14, 2019 11:26 AM BST
No new referendum , until the first has been implemented and we have left , simple
Report lord skywalker October 14, 2019 11:29 AM BST
nothin is ever simple lfc, those pesky remoaners would jump off a cliff if they thought it would save their right to be part of the wonderful EU brigade
Report geordie1956 October 14, 2019 11:31 AM BST
the 1st paragraph proves we won't leave under Article 50 - The Benn Act is part of our constitutional requirement
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2019 11:34 AM BST
sorry mover

but where does it say

as Article 50 is in EU law and that says the UK are leaving the EU on the 31st October (deal or no deal).
Report unitedbiscuits October 14, 2019 11:35 AM BST
Brexit has been enacted for 3 1/2 years (don’t blame the Govt or negotiators, they were enacting Brexit)
You don’t need to be told that it has failed utterly and impoverished the country.
Time to end the psychodrama.
Leavers, I think you know, your time has come. End the lies, the evasions..Prepare to make your final defence, before the binding referendum.
Report themover October 14, 2019 11:40 AM BST
eh? It's not specifically about the UK, that's Article 50 guidelines. If you don't believe the UK is currently set to leave the EU on the 31st October in EU law then you have nothing to worry about!
Report impossible123 October 14, 2019 11:42 AM BST
'Whisperingdeath', as you voted to 'Leave' I'm at a lost about your present non-receptive stance of upholding democracy, unless of course you do not appreciate, understand or value the importance of a vote that reflects democracy.

You're correct 3 Tory governments could not enact Brexit, but it is not  Tories and/or democracy specific - it's MPs specific ie the MPs did not wish to carry out the wish of the electorate for personal reasons despite voting overwhelmingly to invoke Article 50 - the same MPs even refused a General Election.

I believe these MPs think they are cleverer, more intelligent and better placed than joe or harriet public about Brexit, and the importance of a vote and democracy. If so, I'd challenge them to ply their skills outside the corridors of power ie civvy life) for their bread and butter instead of feeding from the public trough doing nothing else except politics; some even chose to cross benchers but would not relinquish the platform and (salary and perks) they represented previously; some even enlisted their family members into the public trough.

Our MPs are CARP, and only self-interested.
Report geordie1956 October 14, 2019 11:43 AM BST
4.5 to leave on or before 31 Oct - Brexiteers must be in clover
Report politicspunter October 14, 2019 11:45 AM BST

Oct 14, 2019 -- 5:43AM, geordie1956 wrote:

4.5 to leave on or before 31 Oct - Brexiteers must be in clover

That's a big price for folks that believe Boris, Rees Mogg and Priti.

Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2019 11:49 AM BST
Impossible

That's the problem. Too many people do not know what democracy or Parliamentary Sovereignty is!

I'm afraid it appears you are one of them!
Report themover October 14, 2019 11:57 AM BST
The Referendum voted to leave the EU, Parliament voted to invoke Article 50.
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2019 11:59 AM BST
So what?
Report themover October 14, 2019 12:00 PM BST
So that is democratic is it not?
Report Angoose October 14, 2019 12:03 PM BST
Yes, those were two elements in a much wider democratic process.
However, democracy doesn't stop, it goes on, and on, and on, and on .......
Report themover October 14, 2019 12:06 PM BST
1 member out of 27 at EU level can however veto, for example, an extension request, so not everywhere is democratic Wink
Report politicspunter October 14, 2019 12:08 PM BST

Oct 14, 2019 -- 6:06AM, themover wrote:

1 member out of 27 at EU level can however veto, for example, an extension request, so not everywhere is democratic

As that was agreed by all EU countries, it is indeed democratic.

Report themover October 14, 2019 12:09 PM BST
Laugh
Report lord skywalker October 14, 2019 12:17 PM BST
like i ve said before youu will never get a remoaner to see sense, it isnt the peoples fault its parliament so why on earth should there be another vote, the result was clear, if leave won again remoaners still wouldnt be happy and would continue to kick the remain can down the street, the 2016 vote was a one off, you cant change the result just because you dont like it
Report Angoose October 14, 2019 12:23 PM BST
If you wish to live a life devoid of detail, that is entirely up to you.

For everyone else, detail matters, and it is abundantly clear that the process of defining the detail of the 2016 referendum has proven to be far more difficult than the public were lead to believe it would be.

Again, if you wish to ignore this detail, that is entirely up to you.
Fortunately, the individuals responsible for delivering legislation are very interested in detail and the consequences of those details.
Report lord skywalker October 14, 2019 12:24 PM BST
mover why isnt it democratic to veto an extention?
Report lord skywalker October 14, 2019 12:29 PM BST
there you go again angoose with youre remain dribble, how many times angoose the vote was leave not delay and dither for a decade, you made your choice in 2016 to leave/remain and thats it, no amount of arguments will change that and endless threads of how much worse off we will be, its dribble and remainers know that
Report Angoose October 14, 2019 12:34 PM BST
What were the details?
Report Angoose October 14, 2019 12:37 PM BST
What are the details now?
Report Angoose October 14, 2019 12:43 PM BST
Are you satisfied with "Get Brexit Done", is that sufficient detail for you?
Report themover October 14, 2019 12:45 PM BST
BREAKING NEWS

Nicola Sturgeon has demanded that the match between Japan v Scotland be replayed as the majority of Scots didn't vote for that result
Report politicspunter October 14, 2019 12:59 PM BST
MORE BREAKING NEWS

Themover is so biased against the SNP that his posts are irrelevant.
Report lord skywalker October 14, 2019 2:59 PM BST
didnt darren fletcher say before the scotland - san marino game yesterday that the scottish people were very negative, says it all about the SNP and angoose yes get brexit done is fine as long as we leave , a boris brexit rather than anybody else is my only wish
Report politicspunter October 14, 2019 3:11 PM BST

Oct 14, 2019 -- 8:59AM, lord skywalker wrote:

didnt darren fletcher say before the scotland - san marino game yesterday that the scottish people were very negative, says it all about the SNP and angoose yes get brexit done is fine as long as we leave , a boris brexit rather than anybody else is my only wish

What on earth can you be on about regarding the Scotland match and the SNP ?

Report impossible123 October 14, 2019 9:10 PM BST
'Whisperingdeath', who cares in this context ie Brexit whether your definition of Parliamentary Sovereignty differs to mine - rightly or wrongly? However, anyone getting personal when discussing Brexit usually indicates that person has lost the argument, and rightly so.

How many times does one need to be reminded the 2016 EU Referendum was whether The UK exit The EU or not? It was so explicitly clear, and nothing about how we exit eg with or without a 'Deal' otherwise it would have been communicated on the ballot paper then.
Report geordie1956 October 14, 2019 9:26 PM BST
Part of what was mentioned was the amazing trade agreements countries would be rushing to sign up to ... wrong
The massive freedoms which would make us all wealthier ... proven to be false even by Brexiteers who talk about short term pain & endurance for the supposed long term benefits ... but they don't know when we will benefit if ever
No discussions about the Irish Border which we find are almost insurmountable
Control of our borders & yet they argue about No hard border in Ireland ... not much control there
Reducing immigration but that isn't likely to happen
Oh and the £250mill per week extra for the NHS ... we may get up to 6 hospitals ... whenever
Brexit was sold on false promises
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2019 9:28 PM BST
This is what was promised

Have the “exact same benefits” as we get from EU membership
Be fully negotiated by March 2019
Produce a dividend from Europe worth £350m per week for our NHS
Result in new trade deals from day one after leaving
Deliver more jobs and higher wages across the UK
Mean no payments for access to the Single Market
Ensure an end to free movement in March 2019
Fully protect the integrity of the United Kingdom
End austerity
Mean a complete end to EU rules and regulations from March 2019
Report Whisperingdeath October 14, 2019 9:30 PM BST
Impossible

I wasn't getting personal. I was just highlighting the inconsistencies of Brexit arguments particularly leaving because they wanted a Sovereign Parliament and then when Parliament shows its powers they whinge like babies and cry it's sooo unfair!
Report lfc1971 October 14, 2019 9:36 PM BST
We haven’t left , so Parliament isn’t sovereign until we do leave
Report impossible123 October 14, 2019 10:42 PM BST
There will no doubt be pain at the outset post Brexi, however, I do believe the present EU and its structure are just unworkable, why? There are too many members, the majority basket cases economically. But, for these basket cases the annual contribution of The UK to The EU would have been significantly less than £8/9bn - these basket cases are haemorrhaging (our) funds, The EU are also becoming too political; led by past-it politicians of limited ability and experience; bureaucratic and does not reward creativity and productivity.

I do not listen to what our British politicians say about the pros and cons of Brexit certainly not what were purportedly spread across that "bus" - only a bit of research needed; our MPs are too self-serving to be trusted.
Report Platini October 14, 2019 11:59 PM BST
you know what the really crazy thing is ?

Most of the remainer types believe that there is a much higher chance of the world ending (due to climate armageddon) than the collapse of their beloved EU project.
Report lord skywalker October 15, 2019 8:24 AM BST
"The government outlined plans in the Queen's speech on Monday to require people to bring photo ID to polling stations in order to vote.

Mr Corbyn claimed the move was an attempt to "suppress voters" and "rig" the next general election result."

corbyn already got his excuse out for losing the next election, what a loser!!
Report lord skywalker October 15, 2019 8:27 AM BST
no remainers get the fact that the nation as a whole voted to leave, theyre still going on about how worse off we will be and how undemocratic it is
Report impossible123 October 15, 2019 9:48 AM BST
That's what I detest about the present Labour Party ie anything suggested by the present government - good or bad - is mocked or ridicule. It's only recently this country introduced photocard driving licence where it had been mandatory in the majority of developed countries; some citizens there carry identity card as well to facilitate administration.

The voting fraud in Tower Hamlets was a clear example of miss-using "political correctness" as an excuse to uphold democracy.
Report Whisperingdeath October 15, 2019 10:57 AM BST
you know what the really crazy thing is ?

Most of the remainer types believe that there is a much higher chance of the world ending (due to climate armageddon) than the collapse of their beloved EU project.

Wrong!

The EU has major problems, The Euro has major problems that could possibly bring down the EU but at the moment should we become an Island we shall be sucking cocke of Gangster Number 1 The USA and be vunerable to a squeeze by China whom if you remember are building a brand new Power Station for us at an exhorbitant cost because thew Tories are the Party of Business ( F Business! ). Wait till India try and squeeze the pips!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com