Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 150 comments are related to the topic:
Why Leavers Are So Scared Of A Second Referendum

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 150
By:
geordie1956
When: 13 Oct 19 22:06
Now we have the monkey and the organ grinder on behalf of Leave Devil
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 22:07
Remainers gave dusgraced themselves , that’s there for all time of course
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 22:08
It really is something when we see Barnier coming over to the Brexit side Happy
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 13 Oct 19 22:09
Impossible

Don’t you believe in Parliamentary Sovereignty?

I thought that is what leavers wanted!
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 22:11
I can just hear the Europeans saying to themselves  , These remainers , little grovelling ******, lol

Who could blame them

By:
Whisperingdeath
Either you're lying, you're stupid, or Farage is lying. Or all 3 to be fair.

Post of the day and I have to ad anLaugh!
By:
geordie1956
Its called a Parliamentary Democracy for a reason ...
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 22:12
sorry losers , I’m too tired to explain those silly things ,
again
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 13 Oct 19 22:21
Why should anyone trust these Conservative Governments?

Now Mogg is supporting the May Deal? Are we to be a vassal state?
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Oct 19 22:38
The 'Leavers' just want to 'Leave' The EU with or without a 'Deal' because the 'Leavers' do not like the present mishmash EU composition eg economic pariahs and economic leaders, with the economic leaders paying for the rejuvenation of the economic pariahs for many, many  more years to come all for the sake of political dominance and enormous land mass; a very crass strategy only stupid leaders with little understanding or experience of Economics could embark on.

Not so long ago people in other parts of the world sacrificed their lives for a vote for democracy. And, now a vote legitimately taken by everyone eligible in 2016 some here still questioned its legitimacy.

I also believe in Parliamentary Sovereignty too as long as our representatives in Parliament carry out the vote of their people otherwise, the Parliamentarians can get lost - the Parliamentarians are working for the people not themselves. But, democracy must not be eroded by Parliamentarians - they are there to act of the people's behalf ie carry out the result of a vote. 

I also do not care which government eg Tories, Labour or Lib(un)Dem in power, whoever must carry out the result of a democratic vote, not theirs.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 13 Oct 19 22:42
I thought it was a simple question!

Here is another

Should Scottish MP's vote for a No Deal Brexit?

So you do believe in Parliamentary Democracy but only if they do what you want?
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Oct 19 23:00
I do not care about what the Scottish MPs think or do, why? Scotland is part of the UK, and if The UK have voted for Brexit Scotland will just have to accept it. But, they can always ask for another Referendum to detach from The UK in the future - did they not get one not so long ago, and lost?

If an entity is part of a bigger entity and the bigger entity has chosen to embark on something then that entity would have to accept it willingly or not eg in business, a division of a conglomerate has no say in the final outcome of a mega or takeover.
By:
politicspunter
When: 13 Oct 19 23:02
Scotland has accepted their referendum vote which was to remain.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 13 Oct 19 23:18
If you keep on like this impossible you are going to replace lfc in our hearts!

So Scottish MP's should not represent the wishes of their voters? Really!

That is why we voted to leave is it?
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 23:26
Scottish mps are not representing the wishes of its voters
I don’t know how many snp   are doing that
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 23:28
I can’t think of one who is representing the leave voters , there may be
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 23:30
Same problem in England with labour of course
By:
mafeking
When: 14 Oct 19 00:44
all elections are fought on the basis of a multitude of lies on both sides. it's up to the electorate to decide which lies they believe
By:
lord skywalker
When: 14 Oct 19 08:11
remaoners will use any argument to say the 2016 vote doesnt count and we were not told the full truth , i would rather have a deal but if not so be, remoaners hould accept the result and move on
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 14 Oct 19 10:50
Why?

Why shouldn't they do all that is legally and Democratically allowed to stop it?
By:
impossible123
When: 14 Oct 19 11:04
'Whisperingdeath'...what did you not understand about the 2016 EU Referendum? It was crystal clear about its objective and unambiguous. It was either a 'Yes' or a 'No' to exit The EU - no ifs or buts; ambiguity was only "introduced" by 'Remainer' - the loser post that Referendum (not prior). And, what you're doing now is trying to fudge it by using unrelated or mutually exclusive comparison for Brexit - the horse had bolted!

SNP represents Scotland (not many of them), and Scotland is only one component of The UK; 2016 Referendum covered the entire UK (including Scotland); The UK voted to 'Leave' The EU, and if Scotland did not,...that's tough = like it or lump it. But, please do not bring in totally unrelated and independent situations not Brexit related into the equation. As I said earlier Scotland can always ask again for another referendum to detach from The UK - I'm not allowed to vote in that - but it has my support, why? I do not believe in keeping any entity into a "club" if the entity is unhappy to do so.
By:
politicspunter
When: 14 Oct 19 11:10

Oct 14, 2019 -- 11:04AM, impossible123 wrote:

'Whisperingdeath'...what did you not understand about the 2016 EU Referendum? It was crystal clear about its objective and unambiguous. It was either a 'Yes' or a 'No' to exit The EU - no ifs or buts; ambiguity was only "introduced" by 'Remainer' - the loser post that Referendum (not prior). And, what you're doing now is trying to fudge it by using unrelated or mutually exclusive comparison for Brexit - the horse had bolted!SNP represents Scotland (not many of them), and Scotland is only one component of The UK; 2016 Referendum covered the entire UK (including Scotland); The UK voted to 'Leave' The EU, and if Scotland did not,...that's tough = like it or lump it. But, please do not bring in totally unrelated and independent situations not Brexit related into the equation. As I said earlier Scotland can always ask again for another referendum to detach from The UK - I'm not allowed to vote in that - but it has my support, why? I do not believe in keeping any entity into a "club" if the entity is unhappy to do so.

SNP represents all of Scotland's interests and they are supporting the clear remain decision of that nation. The rest of the UK can vote whichever way it wants as far as they are concerned because their sole interest is Scotlands wishes. They are totally correct to support this in the manner they are currently doing.

By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Oct 19 11:10
Impossible , we must punish the remainers , and make sure they never get another referendum
By:
lord skywalker
When: 14 Oct 19 11:15
even my parents who are remoaners sound like robots who keep on repeating the same rubbish, gina miller started the remoaner revolt straight after the referendum stating parliament should have a say in starting article 50, they passed it and now should let the uk leave the eu without any further votes, trust will be lost forever in mps if they manage to stop brexit and that is what the lib dems,snp and to a lesser extent labour (cant make their poxy minds up)
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 14 Oct 19 11:17
I voted to leave in 2016 impossible!

Three Conservative Governments have failed to deliver on it. Parliament has failed to deliver on it. The Country is split down the middle.

I as a citizen of this great country have every right to change my mind and to oppose us leaving the European Union if I so desire. That is what being British is all about!

The UK Parliament has shown its power and the very people who want Parliament to be Sovereign complain that it is!

I do not want to leave the EU at this time. I wish the decision of the British People to be reversed. Is that against the law or undemocratic?

If the people deliver a Parliament that allows Dorris to force through a no deal Brexit then so be it. If I vote for a Parliament that will either revoke Article 50 or call for a confirmation referendum then that is my democratic choice and right, what don't you understand about that? So if they do call another referendum or revoke Article 50 will you accept it?
By:
themover
When: 14 Oct 19 11:18
Yes it is against the law, as Article 50 is in EU law and that says the UK are leaving the EU on the 31st October (deal or no deal).
By:
lord skywalker
When: 14 Oct 19 11:21
snp does represent scotlands interests quite correct PP but scotland is part of the UK and therefore must leave the EU unless they have another referrendum to seperate from the uk but mps should respect the 2016 vote and leave sooner rather than later, another delay will only lead to more arguments and more ammo for remain to say it was so long ago tthat the 2016 vote is no longer valid
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 14 Oct 19 11:24
Yes it is against the law, as Article 50 is in EU law and that says the UK are leaving the EU on the 31st October (deal or no deal).

Print out the bit that says that!
By:
themover
When: 14 Oct 19 11:25
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2016/577971/EPRS_BRI(2016)577971_EN.pdf
By:
themover
When: 14 Oct 19 11:25
https://www.europarl.europa.eu/RegData/etudes/BRIE/2016/577971/
EPRS_BRI(2016)577971_EN.pdf
By:
lord skywalker
When: 14 Oct 19 11:26
personally i will not vote in another referrendum as  i strongly beleive the first one shouldve been enacted, what if leave won again whisper would you accept it then proberly not
By:
themover
Article 50 – Treaty on European Union (TEU)
1. Any Member State may decide to withdraw from the Union in accordance with its own
constitutional requirements.
2. A Member State which decides to withdraw shall notify the European Council of its
intention. In the light of the guidelines provided by the European Council, the Union shall
negotiate and conclude an agreement with that State, setting out the arrangements for its
withdrawal, taking account of the framework for its future relationship with the Union. That
agreement shall be negotiated in accordance with Article 218(3) of the Treaty on the
Functioning of the European Union. It shall be concluded on behalf of the Union by the
Council, acting by a qualified majority, after obtaining the consent of the European Parliament.
3. The Treaties shall cease to apply to the State in question from the date of entry into force of
the withdrawal agreement or, failing that, two years after the notification referred to in
paragraph 2, unless the European Council, in agreement with the Member State concerned,
unanimously decides to extend this period.
4. For the purposes of paragraphs 2 and 3, the member of the European Council or of the
Council representing the withdrawing Member State shall not participate in the discussions of
the European Council or Council or in decisions concerning it.
A qualified majority shall be defined in accordance with Article 238(3)(b) of the Treaty on the
Functioning of the European Union.
5. If a State which has withdrawn from the Union asks to rejoin, its request shall be subject to
the procedure referred to in Article 49.
By:
lfc1971
No new referendum , until the first has been implemented and we have left , simple
By:
lord skywalker
When: 14 Oct 19 11:29
nothin is ever simple lfc, those pesky remoaners would jump off a cliff if they thought it would save their right to be part of the wonderful EU brigade
By:
geordie1956
When: 14 Oct 19 11:31
the 1st paragraph proves we won't leave under Article 50 - The Benn Act is part of our constitutional requirement
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 14 Oct 19 11:34
sorry mover

but where does it say

as Article 50 is in EU law and that says the UK are leaving the EU on the 31st October (deal or no deal).
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 14 Oct 19 11:35
Brexit has been enacted for 3 1/2 years (don’t blame the Govt or negotiators, they were enacting Brexit)
You don’t need to be told that it has failed utterly and impoverished the country.
Time to end the psychodrama.
Leavers, I think you know, your time has come. End the lies, the evasions..Prepare to make your final defence, before the binding referendum.
By:
themover
When: 14 Oct 19 11:40
eh? It's not specifically about the UK, that's Article 50 guidelines. If you don't believe the UK is currently set to leave the EU on the 31st October in EU law then you have nothing to worry about!
By:
impossible123
When: 14 Oct 19 11:42
'Whisperingdeath', as you voted to 'Leave' I'm at a lost about your present non-receptive stance of upholding democracy, unless of course you do not appreciate, understand or value the importance of a vote that reflects democracy.

You're correct 3 Tory governments could not enact Brexit, but it is not  Tories and/or democracy specific - it's MPs specific ie the MPs did not wish to carry out the wish of the electorate for personal reasons despite voting overwhelmingly to invoke Article 50 - the same MPs even refused a General Election.

I believe these MPs think they are cleverer, more intelligent and better placed than joe or harriet public about Brexit, and the importance of a vote and democracy. If so, I'd challenge them to ply their skills outside the corridors of power ie civvy life) for their bread and butter instead of feeding from the public trough doing nothing else except politics; some even chose to cross benchers but would not relinquish the platform and (salary and perks) they represented previously; some even enlisted their family members into the public trough.

Our MPs are CARP, and only self-interested.
By:
geordie1956
When: 14 Oct 19 11:43
4.5 to leave on or before 31 Oct - Brexiteers must be in clover
Page 3 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo