Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 150 comments are related to the topic:
Why Leavers Are So Scared Of A Second Referendum

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 150
By:
flag of goats
When: 12 Oct 19 23:16
Going back to the original question on this post I think leavers would be unhappy about another referendum.
Pretty obvious the stitch up question would be to split the leave vote and nobody is going to stand for that as it would embarrass this country and expose the EU for what they are.

Obviously there couldn’t be another simple leave or remain question as it’s obvious that the remain MP’s wouldn’t allow us to leave again.
There won’t be another referendum for those reasons
The end.
By:
politicspunter
When: 12 Oct 19 23:21
Funnily enough, I am coming round to the opposite view. We are at a complete impasse.
By:
thegiggilo
When: 12 Oct 19 23:33
I am thinking the same,thought another referendum was a stupid idea but seems the logical choice an election based around brexit is just utter nonsense..
By:
Angoose
When: 12 Oct 19 23:40
Suddenly, the Labour dithering begins to look less like dithering and more like a genuine way forward.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 12 Oct 19 23:53
I'm with PP. Never wanted a second ref as I fully understand the "you didn't accept the first result so want a new one...how many more" type arguments.

That changed a while ago though. Pretty clear that there just isn't a majority in Parliament. Something needs to change and I'm not sure even a GE is the right answer seeing as people will be voting for far more than the party's brexit position and there's a ridiculously good chance of another tight majority that gets us nowhere.

I'm of the view that a new referendum at least gives some clarity to the public's current opinion and then gives some legitimacy to the government choosing a particular course of action.

At the minute, we have a government adopting a policy based on self interest, not the public's and an opposition that desperately wants to support remain but is afraid of being called undemocratic in doing so.

We've gotten ourselves in a right pickle, and a second ref seems to be the best way out of it.
By:
impossible123
When: 13 Oct 19 19:45
One thing there must not be is a 2nd Referendum because it is anti-democracy. Instead all the MPs must work towards fulfilling the result of the Referendum whether they agreed to it or not; they must not think they know better or more intelligent than the electorate. Also, they must not have their own agendas, but instead facilitate Brexit - the people had already spoken.
By:
Angoose
When: 13 Oct 19 20:35
Education is a wonderful thing, and the whole nation will learn to embrace the beauty of democracy being strengthened through the application of more democracy.
By:
Platini
When: 13 Oct 19 20:55
you can have your referendum, in 40 years. But thats 40 years after democracy has been enacted,
and would have been 2056 and not 2059 (at the earliest) if the losing side didn't keep stalling it. Cool
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 13 Oct 19 21:02
Yes, you’re right Angoose.

Leavers are convinced that they would lose a re-match. They gave no faith in their own ideas.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 13 Oct 19 21:04
Leavers have no faith in their own ideas and feel very insecure in their arguments; as well they might.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 13 Oct 19 21:10
How is a second referendum anti democratic?

3 successive Conservative Governments have failed to deliver Brexit!

Fromage would never accept the fight was over if the country voted Remain. They have had over 3 years to sort this mess out and failed!

The “ will of the people “ needs clarification.  Either through a General Election or another Referendum. The impasse needs to be broken
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:11
Well indeed remainers had great faith in their own viewpoint in the referendum.... and lost

Brexiteers were not so arrogant , but won

That’s probably how it is
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:13
Of course Farage would have campaigned to change people’s minds I suppose if he had lost

But he would have accepted he had lost.  Unlike the undemocratic bad losers
By:
geordie1956
When: 13 Oct 19 21:20
Of course Farage would have campaigned to change people’s minds I suppose if he had lost

But he would have accepted he had lost.  Unlike the undemocratic bad losers

No he wouldn't; he said something to the effect that it the Leavers lost by a close vote they would try again
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:23
I don’t really need to explain. why parliament has failed , so far , in its duty
To respect the referendum result and leave the EU

Hopefully their delaying tactics are coming to an end soon
By:
geordie1956
When: 13 Oct 19 21:23
Farage told the Mirror: “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way. If the remain campaign win two-thirds to one-third that ends it.”

Guess what remain lost by such a margin so he should accept his own words for a re-run ... or does he lie like Johnson
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:25
If course he would try again Geordie   , but that would only be after he had accepted the result

We are still waiting for remainers to do that
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:26
Everyone agreed to accept the result , or of course we all assumed people in Britain were like that

Now we know different
By:
geordie1956
When: 13 Oct 19 21:29
Farage said himself that he would keep campaigning if Leave lost by 52-48
So he is a liar if he now refuses a 2nd referendum for the other side if the vote was close
Typical leaver ... hypocrites the lot of em
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:34
Farage would only have continued to campaign to leave the EU if
leave had lost and we were still in the eu

Remainers can continue to campaign. once they accept they lost ref and we are out of the eu

That seems fair , sobyrr snd think logically George and stop throwing silly insults
that don’t make any sense
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 13 Oct 19 21:34
Farage's statement is pretty much explicitly him stating that he wouldn't accept it and would continue to fight to Leave. I mean, how dumb do you have to be not to see it. If you really think his words meant "I'm going to accept it and come back in 40 years or so" then you need to hand in what remains of your brain to reception on the way out.

Jesus, the stupidity of this place sometimes.
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:36
There’s pineapple there no point spelling things out to him
He’s too stupid to understand even when that is done for him
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 13 Oct 19 21:36
Farage would only have continued to campaign to leave the EU if
leave had lost and we were still in the eu

Leave won and Farage is still campaigning to leave the EU.

Either you're lying, you're stupid, or Farage is lying. Or all 3 to be fair.
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:37
See what I mean ? Laugh
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 13 Oct 19 21:41
Add a smiley and hope no-one notices you're talking nonsense. All the hallmarks of an idiot leaver.

Jesus, what happened to this country. We used to be clever, inquisitive, challenging those in power who seek to control us with their lies.

Now, we have politicians utterly, provably lying to our faces and some people see it as honourable to close their eyes and swallow it down in one gulp.

Shameful. Utterly shameful. I want to be proud to be British but I look around at some fellow Brits and can only feel embarrassment. Not good.
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:43
It’s all there pineapple in words
Read them , read them again , read them slowly
And try to understand
Anythings possible
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:44
Go on, surprise yourself .....
By:
melv
When: 13 Oct 19 21:48
Spoiler alert same old voices below repeating the same old words. Nobody moves nobody changes. ( oooops sorry apart from the occasional leaver lying and saying he voted remain the first time)

Prediction; what ever the result this nation will be going on like this for at least a generation. Just because Cameron used the worst sides of human nature fear hatred discrimination and revenge to win a general election.
By:
geordie1956
When: 13 Oct 19 21:51
These were the words of Farage -  “In a 52-48 referendum this would be unfinished business by a long way.”
That is explicit language ... it does not say he would accept the result
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:52
As long as we leave , then of course no one knows the future
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 13 Oct 19 21:53
Jesus, lfc really is the very worst of this country.
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:53
George he doesn’t have to say , the result would have been implemented

Now when the result is implemented I won’t give two hoots what the remainers said
We know now they were lying anyway
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 21:56
You see implement the referendum result

I don’t care what Farage said , I don’t care what Corbyn or May or boris said

Or any other ******
By:
geordie1956
When: 13 Oct 19 21:58
lfc getting shirty ...
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 22:00
simple logic geord ie ,
I’m beginning to think remainers are not capable of rational , logical thought

Well we see the evidence of that just here and now
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 13 Oct 19 22:02
Indeed lfc, this is the point.

You don't care about democracy. Or sovereignty, or being better off as you promised yourself or any of the other things you think justified your decision.

You truly don't care. Because if you cared, you'd care just as much when each of those things was trampled on in the time since.

You just want to win. That's all. You're desperate for it. And you don't care about anything else as long as you get that win.

And that's why we will always mock you mercilessly. Because you are a cowardly idiot. And you may try to find new ways to contort yourself into thinking you're right but we'll always be there to remind you of what you really are. Have a good evening.
By:
geordie1956
When: 13 Oct 19 22:03
you come across as really thick lfc but at least we keey trying to educate you Cool
By:
lfc1971
I suppose it’s something that can’t be taught
people in some countries are almost completely irrational
that’s not a good thing
By:
impossible123
I'm astounded people are still debating about the legitimacy of the 2016 Referendum. Why? A vote was taken, and the 'Leavers' won. So, just enact the result. Anyone not agreeing with the result can always ask for another Referendum in the future but not until the 2016 one has been enacted eg 10/15/20 years' time.

And, please do not say the majority of the people have changed their mind since 2016 either. I'd not even entertain such a stupid assertion/statement let alone asking for definitive proof. However, 'Remainers' can canvass or ask for another Referendum after a specific time frame has elapsed.
By:
lfc1971
When: 13 Oct 19 22:05
Well we will be entitled to make it as difficult as possible for them of course
And we might not even allow them ....after their bad behaviour they don’t deserve it
Page 2 of 4  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com