Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
melv
24 Aug 19 06:11
| Topic/replies: 7,212 | Blogger: melv's blog
OK a slight exaggeration because I can't read the minds of 20 million people. Just watch this and tell me all leave voters voted for no deal. Anyone saying they know otherwise is a liar

And for all you worshippers of democracy please note that in that case telling us out of The EU with no deal is thereby anti-democratic. It is not the will of the people to engage in an orgy of self torture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xGt3QmRSZY
Pause Switch to Standard View NOBODY voted for no deal
Show More
Report lord skywalker August 28, 2019 6:45 PM BST
according to melv half of us voted for a deal, dont know where she got that figure from, the looney party maybe?
Report n88uk August 28, 2019 6:49 PM BST
Pretty much everyone agrees we will be poorer.

You can already see our diminish standing on the world stage thus weaker

And smaller as it will inevitable lead to the breakup of the union.
Report jucel69 August 28, 2019 7:01 PM BST

Aug 28, 2019 -- 12:49PM, n88uk wrote:

Pretty much everyone agrees we will be poorer.You can already see our diminish standing on the world stage thus weakerAnd smaller as it will inevitable lead to the breakup of the union.

In your opinion

Report baNjackst August 28, 2019 7:03 PM BST
Are people braindead talking about brexit leading to the break up of the Union, Scotland had and Independence Referendum before Brexit was mentioned and the Nationalists in Northern Ireland know the year the number stack up for their pole on a United Ireland thanks to the Good Friday Agreement agreed by Westminister.
So if you believe that the Independence of Scotland and the creation of a United Ireland is a result of the Uk leaving EU your a fool.
The break up of the Union was always going to happen no matter what the result of the Brexit Referendum.
The Scottish Nationals want to leave the UK but for understandable selfish reasons what to dictate the UK remain in Europe.
Report spyker August 28, 2019 7:21 PM BST
Are people braindead talking about brexit leading to the break up of the Union, Scotland had and Independence Referendum before Brexit was mentioned and the Nationalists in Northern Ireland know the year the number stack up for their pole on a United Ireland thanks to the Good Friday Agreement agreed by Westminister.
So if you believe that the Independence of Scotland and the creation of a United Ireland is a result of the Uk leaving EU your a fool.
The break up of the Union was always going to happen no matter what the result of the Brexit Referendum.
The Scottish Nationals want to leave the UK but for understandable selfish reasons what to dictate the UK remain in Europe.

Utterrly baffling - if anyone had of said prior to 2018 that the Ref would poss lead to the break up of the UK then they would have been shot down as part of project fear yet here you are saying it was always going to happen what's the problem, utterly incredible.

I think the opposite. No deal leaves the country richer, greater and stronger

Instead of just parroting the rubbish you read can you please explain how? Could you, or anyone else, please outline how you think the first 2 years after a no deal will go and roughly what might happen. I have seed many many times but nobody has ever given an answer with any substance.
Report spyker August 28, 2019 7:22 PM BST
seed = asked
Report moisok August 28, 2019 7:42 PM BST
how would scotland be able to afford it?
Report politicspunter August 28, 2019 7:45 PM BST
The way this farce is going, how can Scotland afford to stay shackled to this disaster area?
Report treetop August 28, 2019 9:49 PM BST
A reasonable assessment of Scotland's prospects often seem to be based on sentiment rather than economic reality.
Report flushgordon1 August 28, 2019 9:50 PM BST
We are going nowhere flossy Dan the Scrapmans clueless.
Report Whisperingdeath August 28, 2019 10:36 PM BST
baNjackst 28 Aug 19 17:52

Vile Pro Remainders using dirty hand, unheard of tactics pertaining to worry about a no deal when all they are doing is attempting to stop Brexit

pertaining to worry about a no deal when all they are doing is attempting to stop Brexit

I kind of agree with you jackass

Labour have been trying to decide what it thinks for the last 3 years. It did not have a clue really. I think stopping No Deal is just the pretext. I am pretty sure the General Election will be about Leave or Remain assuming of course Remain can make JC the PM.
Report lord skywalker August 29, 2019 10:18 AM BST
all labour waant is power, brexit is just a sideline hence they cant make their mind up about it but im sure if corbyn did get into no.10 they would go for remain.

jacob rees mogg ""The candyfloss of outrage we've had over the last 24 hours, which I think is almost entirely confected, is from people who never wanted to leave the European Union,"

spot on from jacob
Report edy August 29, 2019 10:28 AM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 4:18AM, lord skywalker wrote:

all labour waant is power, brexit is just a sideline hence they cant make their mind up about it but im sure if corbyn did get into no.10 they would go for remain.jacob rees mogg ""The candyfloss of outrage we've had over the last 24 hours, which I think is almost entirely confected, is from people who never wanted to leave the European Union," spot on from jacob

- Health Secretary Matt Hancock launching his Tory leadership bid: "There's this idea from some people that to deliver Brexit we should suspend our parliamentary democracy - that we should prorogue Parliament. But that goes against everything that those men who waded on to those beaches fought and died for (on D-Day) and I will not have it."

- Hancock again: "A policy on Brexit to prorogue Parliament would mean the end of the Conservative Party as a serious party of government."

- Work and Pensions Secretary Amber Rudd during the Tory leadership contest: "I think it's outrageous to consider proroguing Parliament. We are not Stuart kings."

- Chancellor Sajid Javid in the Channel 4 leadership debate: "You don't deliver on democracy by trashing democracy. We are not selecting a dictator of our country, we are selecting a prime minister of our country."

- Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Michael Gove on the BBC's The Andrew Marr Show: "I think it will be wrong for many reasons. I think it would not be true to the best traditions of British democracy."

- Culture Secretary Nicky Morgan on the BBC's Question Time programme: "Proroguing Parliament is clearly a mad suggestion. You cannot say you are going to take back control ... and then go: 'Oh, by the way, we are just going to shut Parliament down for a couple of months, so we are just going to drift out on a no deal'."

Report edy August 29, 2019 10:36 AM BST
Looking forward to the resignations of these leavers and them fighting the outrageous, in their stated opinion, tactic from Boris.
Report Angoose August 29, 2019 10:51 AM BST
Don't forget the words of Boris on the subject during the leadership campaign, he advised that "I'm not attracted to archaic devices like proroguing".

However, during the recess he has been persuaded to, not only become attracted, but to proceed to enact the archaic device of proroguing. Alternatively, he simply previously lied.

Sadly, any notion that we previously held of politicians being accountable for their words and actions has been banished to the annals of history.
A number of factors have accelerated this decline in standards, and it is difficult to imagine that the decline can be reversed any time soon.
Report sageform August 29, 2019 2:05 PM BST
How can staying in a federal state of Europe that has consistently tried to sideline the British views on most international issues make us stronger than being free to express our own opinions? We may or may not suffer economically (whether we leave or stay) but our influence on international affairs should increase. I would not underestimate the chance that Boris will emerge with a better deal, but the chances are that if given the chance, Parliament would reject it as they will reject anything other than remain. Proroguing was a direct response to the ganging up by the other parties to bring down the Government. Note that the only party leader absent from that meeting was Jeremy Corbyn. It was attended by the real Labour leader, McConnell.
Report moisok August 29, 2019 2:30 PM BST
we only had 8 percent of the vote and were ignored anyway

and they talk of reforming the Eu - good luck with that idea folks - they are planning to become an even tighter controlled bureaucracy where there will be less say on individual country's needs.  Eventually you will be zone one on the northern edge of the empire.
Report Angoose August 29, 2019 2:33 PM BST
What if 48% of a vote were to be ignored, how would you view that ?
Report sageform August 29, 2019 3:43 PM BST
Ignoring 52% is even worse which is what half of the MPs are doing.
Report Angoose August 29, 2019 3:48 PM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 9:43AM, sageform wrote:

Ignoring 52% is even worse which is what half of the MPs are doing.

That is one interpretation of the situation, others do exist.
All can be rationalised by their various supporters, and here we go round the mulberry bush Sad

Report sageform August 29, 2019 3:59 PM BST
For once I agree. So long as we have a hung Parliament nothing will ever be decided unless Boris succeeds with his rational but risky strategy.
Report Whisperingdeath August 29, 2019 4:34 PM BST
sageform 29 Aug 19 14:05

How can staying in a federal state of Europe that has consistently tried to sideline the British views on most international issues make us stronger than being free to express our own opinions?

That is a very good question. For the most part I am with you. Now being free to express our opinions Would you allow Hauwei to be ivolved in building our 5G Network?

We may or may not suffer economically (whether we leave or stay) but our influence on international affairs should increase

This may be true but equally it may not be true. So again I ask what do you say to The Chump if you allow Hauwei to build our 5G Network? What if he launches sanctions that penalise our Companies?

If as a free state we succumbed to Chump's bullying what would you say to President Xi?

Proroguing was a direct response to the ganging up by the other parties to bring down the Government.

Oh dear and you were doing so well. Do you want to reconsider this response?

Proroguing was a direct response to the ganging up

What? are we in school? Ganging up? really?

Proroguing was a direct response

Do you think it is right that Parliament is prorogued? Do you not believe in Parliamentary Sovereignty?

Do you not think it is right for OUR Parliament to express its own opinions?

In truth the proroguing of Parliament is a terrible move with far reaching consequences. We are not ruled by Stuart Kings anymore! If you people on the Brexit side of the debate cannot see this then you are either stupid or hippocrites.

One thing I will agree with you about though is Nobody voted for No Deal is a lame excuse and lame argument!

It could be argued that a democratic vote was held and the decision of that vote has not been implemented. That argument is correct but can be countered honestly.

I do not see how you can use democracy as a defence for suspending democracy!
Report impossible123 August 29, 2019 5:19 PM BST
Having had sufficient time to think long and hard about which Party I'll vote for in the inevitable impending General Election I'll side with Bojo (to stuff Tusk), and The EU; Marxist Corbyn is too weak, and a born procrastinator; Chuka puts me off LibDem for good.

I'm just sick of The UK being used and abused by some EU member states despite our continuous generosities towards The Union since becoming a member. The UK do not need the bureaucratic, inefficient and un-democratic EU to prosper.

That's it, decision made...I'm happy come what may.
Report Angoose August 29, 2019 5:27 PM BST
Tell us about these uses and abuses by some EU member states …….
Report pa lapsy August 29, 2019 5:39 PM BST
Fair question,isn't it the other way round? An extension was granted in order to ratify the WA,it is being used as a tory vote getter.Any bit of decency would have the UK leaving a long time ago instead of time wasting.

Cringeworthy watching the charade being played out.
Report lord skywalker August 29, 2019 10:08 PM BST
"Former justice secretary David Gauke told the BBC the public did not want a no-deal Brexit, but that the options of those opposed to such an exit have "now narrowed".

again were being told we dont want a no deal brexit, how the hell does david gauke know what i want or anybody else for that matter, mps are so up themselves its unreal, bbc went to a remain rally in cambridge to ask them what they thought, obso they said get boris out then interviewed one remainer  on his own and said just get on with it, bbc is so remain focused ,why cant they interview leave voters oh thats right we dont get a say because the country is being plunged into disaster
Report lord skywalker August 29, 2019 10:13 PM BST
It could be argued that a democratic vote was held and the decision of that vote has not been implemented. That argument is correct but can be countered honestly.

I do not see how you can use democracy as a defence for suspending democracy!

boris isnt suspending democracy, they will lose about 5-6 days of debating which all  in all aint gonna get us anywhere, remainers only have one aim and thats to stop brexit, mps shouuld look at themselves because there the ones who have broken democracy by not carrying out the wishes of the people of the 2016 vote, wait for it gonna be shot down by a remainer any second now
Report lord skywalker August 29, 2019 10:15 PM BST
he is suspending parliament because mps wont carry out brexit and abide by the wishes of tthe 17 million who voted leave be it no deal or deal
Report Whisperingdeath August 29, 2019 10:26 PM BST
Ok why does he need to suspend Parliament?

Why not just let them say what they want to say in Parliament?  " They " are not the Government! They cannot seek an extension only the Government can.

Whichever way you look at it the suspension of larliament if lame and lying about it shows you the sort of man we have as Prime Minister. Yes our very own Donald Chump a certified LIAR!
Report tanglefoot August 29, 2019 10:31 PM BST
Spit the dummy guys.LaughLaugh
Report n88uk August 29, 2019 10:44 PM BST
David Gauke says that because not a single poll shows that we want no deal. He's of course seen the government own analysis on no deal and decided he's not willing to be part of it.
Report lord skywalker August 29, 2019 11:01 PM BST
polls are rubbish, you have no idea where the infromation has come from and if it is biased in any way
Report Whisperingdeath August 29, 2019 11:05 PM BST
tanglefoot 29 Aug 19 22:31

Spit the dummy guys.LaughLaugh

Always nice to have considered opinion. Thank you for your invaluable contribution.
Report lord skywalker August 29, 2019 11:06 PM BST
HAIL SIR BORIS, the one person that can see us thru this mess, funny enough sir boris won 2 races on the flat during this month, get brexit done for the treble
Report jucel69 August 29, 2019 11:10 PM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 4:26PM, Whisperingdeath wrote:

Ok why does he need to suspend Parliament?Why not just let them say what they want to say in Parliament?  " They " are not the Government! They cannot seek an extension only the Government can.Whichever way you look at it the suspension of larliament if lame and lying about it shows you the sort of man we have as Prime Minister. Yes our very own Donald Chump a certified LIAR!

It's a belt and braces job just in case they find a way to take over parliament like Letwin did last time

Report jucel69 August 29, 2019 11:10 PM BST
ComRes/Telegraph

— 54% support proroguing Parliament to deliver Brexit
— 88% think Parliament is out of touch with the public
— 89% think MPs ignore voters on Brexit
— Is Parliament more in tune with public than the PM? 62% say no
— But 63% say Johnson can't unify the country
Report politicspunter August 29, 2019 11:11 PM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 5:01PM, lord skywalker wrote:

polls are rubbish, you have no idea where the infromation has come from and if it is biased in any way

hmmm...

Report jucel69 August 29, 2019 11:12 PM BST
Typical remark from a thick remainer!

"If there was a second referendum and Leave won, would you accept the result?" "No because we live in a democracy..."
Report lord skywalker August 29, 2019 11:14 PM BST
who are you calling thick?
Report jucel69 August 29, 2019 11:16 PM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 5:14PM, lord skywalker wrote:

who are you calling thick?

?

Report lord skywalker August 29, 2019 11:19 PM BST
i did in fact vote leave and i take polls with a pinch of salt as so many papers/media outlets do them with diffrent results, so get your facts straight before you insult someone!!
Report jucel69 August 29, 2019 11:22 PM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 5:19PM, lord skywalker wrote:

i did in fact vote leave and i take polls with a pinch of salt as so many papers/media outlets do them with diffrent results, so get your facts straight before you insult someone!!

I think you've got the wrong end of the stick!

Typical remark from a thick remainer!

"If there was a second referendum and Leave won, would you accept the result?" "No because we live in a democracy..."

Read it again, it was from a 'remain' woman

Report anxious August 29, 2019 11:24 PM BST
LaughLaugh
Report anxious August 29, 2019 11:24 PM BST
tory bells fighting
Report lord skywalker August 29, 2019 11:25 PM BST
my apologies juice
Report jucel69 August 29, 2019 11:25 PM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 5:25PM, lord skywalker wrote:

my apologies juice

No problem!

Report jucel69 August 29, 2019 11:26 PM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 5:24PM, anxious wrote:

tory bells fighting

who rattled your cageLaugh

Report akabula August 29, 2019 11:54 PM BST
We voted to leave, Deal or No Deal.
Report jucel69 August 30, 2019 12:12 AM BST
We should send Noel Edmonds to Brussels to sort this shìt out
Report n88uk August 30, 2019 1:44 AM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 5:10PM, jucel69 wrote:

ComRes/Telegraph— 54% support proroguing Parliament to deliver Brexit— 88% think Parliament is out of touch with the public— 89% think MPs ignore voters on Brexit— Is Parliament more in tune with public than the PM? 62% say no— But 63% say Johnson can't unify the country

The first one here is a lie for sure as its been proven as such, and there is no poll showing as such.

Who knows what spin has been put on the others as I don't know for sure if they are made up or not.

Report jucel69 August 30, 2019 1:55 AM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 7:44PM, n88uk wrote:

Aug 29, 2019 -- 11:10PM, jucel69 wrote:ComRes/Telegraph— 54% support proroguing Parliament to deliver Brexit— 88% think Parliament is out of touch with the public— 89% think MPs ignore voters on Brexit— Is Parliament more in tune with public than the PM? 62% say no— But 63% say Johnson can't unify the countryThe first one here is a lie for sure as its been proven as such, and there is no poll showing as such.Who knows what spin has been put on the others as I don't know for sure if they are made up or not.

How has it been proven?

Report akabula August 30, 2019 1:59 AM BST
The first one here is a lie for sure as its been proven as such

You got a link to the proof that it is a lie?
Report jucel69 August 30, 2019 2:07 AM BST
Has anybody seen how much grief Stephen Fry got for his tweet about the prorogue
He got absolutely hammered so I would say people are backing Boris
Report jucel69 August 30, 2019 2:07 AM BST
https://twitter.com/stephenfry/status/1166753602658082817
Report thegiggilo August 30, 2019 2:14 AM BST
Wrong again..

YouGov
@YouGov
SNAP POLL: By 47% to 27% Brits say it is unacceptable for the government to suspend Parliament in the run up to Brexit..
Report jucel69 August 30, 2019 2:21 AM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 8:14PM, thegiggilo wrote:

Wrong again..YouGov@YouGovSNAP POLL: By 47% to 27% Brits say it is unacceptable for the government to suspend Parliament in the run up to Brexit..

Over half of Conservative (52%) and Leave (51%) voters say it is acceptable for the government to suspend Parliament. Labour (68%) and Remain voters (73%) think it is unacceptable

Report edy August 30, 2019 9:19 AM BST
Always knew leavers and conservatives had an authoritarian touch to them and no regard for the constitutional integrity of the UK.
Report edy August 30, 2019 9:25 AM BST

Aug 29, 2019 -- 7:55PM, jucel69 wrote:

Aug 30, 2019 --  1:44AM, n88uk wrote:Aug 29, 2019 -- 11:10PM, jucel69 wrote:ComRes/Telegraph— 54% support proroguing Parliament to deliver Brexit— 88% think Parliament is out of touch with the public— 89% think MPs ignore voters on Brexit— Is Parliament more in tune with public than the PM? 62% say no— But 63% say Johnson can't unify the countryThe first one here is a lie for sure as its been proven as such, and there is no poll showing as such.Who knows what spin has been put on the others as I don't know for sure if they are made up or not.How has it been proven?

because

a) It was actually 44% who supported it. To make it sound like more than half, the 54%, they magically made the "don't know" answers vanish
b) It had a number of leading questions before eventually asking "Boris needs to deliver Brexit by any means, including suspending parliament if necessary, in order to prevent MPs stopping it", which in itself is of course not simply a question on whether people support proroguing to deliver Brexit.

Report lfc1971 August 30, 2019 9:36 AM BST
If remainers were asked that poll is bogus
Report edy August 30, 2019 9:36 AM BST
and since we are talking about Comres polls already, and this is a thread about no-deal. In their "BRITAIN ELECTS VOTING INTENTION POLL JULY 2019" poll published on August 6th, they had a question "How would you feel about the following scenarios?"

The UK leaves the EU with no-deal

pleased - 24%
betrayed - 42%
indifferent - 20%
don't know - 14%
Report lfc1971 August 30, 2019 9:37 AM BST
^ likewise
Report impossible123 August 30, 2019 11:08 AM BST
Take a step back, and put yourself in the shoe of either The UK or The UK; if the former, and with disagreement and misinformation plenty will The EU play hard-ball in further EU exit discussion? Without a shadow of a doubt. On the other hand, if The UK MPs are united - they are not given their self-serving attitudes and goals - a determine to 'Leave' without a 'Deal' The EU will more likely to "compromise" or no further Brexit payment for The EU.

If Mr Tusk carries on with his disrespectful attitudes towards our elected MPs who voted for Brexit (or proponents of Brexit) and lawful electorate for a Brexit I'd go to Speaker's Corner in Hyde Park and give a piece of my mind against him, and reiterate the generosities The UK have been affording his country and fellow citizens - I'll give him a "reality check"!

Mr Tusk needs to be more gracious and grateful to what The UK have done for Poland, and its citizens here in The UK. If the show is on the other foot I have little doubt Mr Tusk will be whistling a different tune.
Report impossible123 August 30, 2019 11:19 AM BST
"no regard for the constitutional integrity of the UK"

I do not agree with proroguing Parliament and neither do I condone it, but what is the alternative? The EU are playing on our disunity; some of the British MPs are steadfastly unwilling to carry forward the wish of the majority of the electorate despite the wishes of their constituents; no Political Party will accept Marxist Corbyn even as interim leader; etc.

I just cannot see an end to the stalemate except relinquishing the wish of the majority of the 2016 Brexit Referendum. And, that will be a travesty in democracy. If it's a choice between proroguing Parliament or upholding a democratic vote upholding a democratic vote wins every time by a long mile.
Report impossible123 August 30, 2019 11:20 AM BST
I meant The UE or The UK.
Report Whisperingdeath August 30, 2019 12:13 PM BST
Good grief!

The supporters and purporter's of Parliamentary Sovereignty couldn't give a sheite about it. That much is obvious. Complete hippoctical diatribe. What is worse is that many of these Champions of Parliament and Democracy don't know what they are and even if they do are prepared to ride roughshod over them!
Report lord skywalker August 30, 2019 12:23 PM BST
youve hit the nail on the head impossible123, there is nothin left mps have told us what they dont want but wont agree on what they do want, another 6 mth delay will achieve nothin expect increase the chances of revoking brexit, boris has done the right thing ,after all its only 4-5 days lost of debating,not a big deal really
Report lord skywalker August 30, 2019 12:24 PM BST
i dont beleive in polls but yougov has johnson 20 pts ahead of corbyn so i rest my case
Report politicspunter August 30, 2019 12:30 PM BST
But you don't believe in them so it must be guff.
Report Whisperingdeath August 30, 2019 12:30 PM BST
Luke,

Boris may well get reamed in a General Election. It is so hard to call at the moment. If we get a JC PM then the Tories will be decimated by the Brexit Party. Even if we get Brexit by Default who is going to believe a LIAR like BJ and his false promises. The only promise we can believe is Low Taxes for the Rich!

We can't take anything for granted election wise.

tbh, if you really want Brexit the best chance you lot might have is for an extension to Article 50, an Election and Prime Minister Fromage. There is a chance the country might be so disgusted they would vote for another Tory Posh Boy but that would be democratic!
Report impossible123 August 30, 2019 2:00 PM BST
I do not want another blooming extension - it will be never ending. But, what I do want is UK exiting The EU with a clean slate or NOT! And, it's in the hand of the entity holding the upper hand otherwise, The UK need to do whatever necessary even if it means not another penny contribution to The EU, if need be; we've been overly generous as a member; we voted to 'Leave' so do not frustrate or hinder our exit with near impossible terms and conditions.

The majority of the people of The UK voted to 'Leave', like it or not EU administrators - the more you frustrate us the more we kick and buck meaning no more fund into your coffer. Also, I'd never want to be associated with Mr Tusk (as administrator) or help to finance the rejuvenation of a country associated with Mr Tusk.

I'm voting for a Political Party to 'Leave' with or without a 'Deal'; I no longer care about its leader (for once) as they are sh1te - one more so than the other two. The majority of our MPs are all not fit for purpose, and not serving the British people; these MPs have my blessing if they wish to emigrate to any remaining EU member state post Brexit

Stop procrastinating,...just get on with it asap!
Report Whisperingdeath August 30, 2019 2:10 PM BST
I'm voting for a Political Party to 'Leave' with or without a 'Deal'; I no longer care about its leader (for once) as they are sh1te

Democracy in action! Good to see we are on the same hymn sheet. I sincerely hope you get your wish as I will be hoping to vote too and for a Remain PartyLaugh!
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip August 30, 2019 5:37 PM BST
If Boris successfully winds the clock down until 1st November (a strategy I don’t particularly care for but whatever), then the dynamics should change massively.

The no-no-deal rabble will suddenly be desperate to approve a deal, since not having a deal is the apocalypse. Are they petty and stupid enough to reject deals that boris makes, keeping us in the ‘catastrophic’ no-deal scenario?

I think they probably are but it’s going to be great TV anyway.
Report lord skywalker August 30, 2019 7:27 PM BST
you could well be right pleasegive
Report Whisperingdeath August 30, 2019 9:10 PM BST
There is no deal!

Even if there was, would Parliament have time to ratify it?

Not while he has prorogued Parliament!
Report akabula August 30, 2019 9:23 PM BST
There will be plenty of time for MPs to discuss and vote on any deal.
BJ has only closed parliament to allow him time to negotiate without interference.
Currently the remainers are putting a smile on the faces of the EU and doing their work for them.
Lord and Lady Haw Haws every last one of the dissenting MPs.
Report lord skywalker August 30, 2019 11:36 PM BST
sad state of affairs when you vote for something and mps promise to follow it thru and then decide we dont want brexit
Report jucel69 August 31, 2019 12:55 AM BST
NOBODY voted thinking their vote would be undermined by traitors and paid shills
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip August 31, 2019 7:05 AM BST
NOBODY voted for no-no-deal
Report Whisperingdeath September 1, 2019 4:19 PM BST
BJ has only closed parliament to allow him time to negotiate without interference.

LaughLaughLaugh

yes of course

LaughLaughLaugh
Report lord skywalker September 1, 2019 8:56 PM BST
kier starmer "He said the "ultimate goal this week" was to "ensure Parliament can have a final say".
"Sir Keir responded on Twitter, saying Mr Gove's response was "breathtaking", adding: "No government is above the law."

forgive me but youve had 3 years of havin your say and tryin to block brexit, labour are a joke
Report lord skywalker September 1, 2019 9:06 PM BST
Liberal Democrat MP Layla Moran said her party's aim this week was to achieve an extension to Article 50 - the process by which the UK leaves the EU - and then a further referendum.

"We stand by our Stop Brexit stance but we do that via a People's Vote and that's step one," she told Sky's Sophy Ridge on Sunday.

Although Sir Keir suggested an Article 50 extension will be needed under the legislation plan, Labour has been clear that it wants a general election.

lib dems want to stop brexit
labour want power via general election and stop brexit

funny how these rallys that oppose BJs shutdowwn are all in strong remain towns/cities, where i live was 69/31 leave/remain and guess what no one protested here, i dont give a stuff what they were elected for, i voted to leave deal or no deal ,no mention of oh if we cant a deal we will stay until we get one, mps are pushing for a extention to prolong or cancel brexit altoghether
Report Angoose September 1, 2019 9:15 PM BST
We know that the will of the people, as expressed in the 2016 referendum, was to leave the EU.

We also know that Cameron and Osborne warned that leaving the EU would likely mean leaving the single market and the customs union.
However, we also know that this was dismissed as Project Fear by the leave campaign.

We also know that Dominic Cummings believes that the public, and most MP's, did not truly understand what the single market and customs union were at the time of the referendum campaign.

Thus, it is far from clear if the will of the people was or is to leave the EU with no deal.

There is, of course, a relatively straight forward method by which the will of the people could be established on this matter.
i.e. do they wish to leave the EU with no deal

The only problem is, however, that to ask them in a referendum would, apparently, be undemocratic.

Quite a conundrum.
Report lord skywalker September 1, 2019 9:34 PM BST
i knew when i voted that the single market/customs union were part of the EU and all it entails including freedom of movemeant, you cant use that as a argument for another vote, youre livin in a fantasy world, we voted to leave and leave means leave by whichever way possible, did you see on the ballot paper "if we cant get a deal we wont leave or we will hold another vote just to make sure you want to leave/remain" no you didnt, the sooner remainers stop spouting rubbish about how the united kingdoms gonna desend into a 3rd world country we will all be better off, boris did the right thing by suspending parliament to stop this notion that brexit can be stopped.
Report lord skywalker September 1, 2019 9:43 PM BST
to use the argument "it is far from clear if the will of the people was or is to leave the EU with no deal" is really lame
Report Angoose September 1, 2019 9:44 PM BST
Time will tell if the bold Boris make a wise move or not to prorogue parliament.
Not sure I’ve seen any reports regarding the UK becoming a third world country, post the links and I’ll read them though.

Lots of entrenched positions on both sides of the debate, I will not claim to be immune from that.

But why it is so difficult for an agreement to be arrived at that the public should be allowed a confirmatory vote on what has clearly turned out to be a far more complex and lengthy process than anyone had imagined is very difficult to fathom.
Report Angoose September 1, 2019 9:46 PM BST

Sep 1, 2019 -- 3:43PM, lord skywalker wrote:

to use the argument "it is far from clear if the will of the people was or is to leave the EU with no deal" is really lame

Do you believe that there is a clear expression of the will of the people on this specific point?
If so, please tell us when and how it was expressed.

It was not expressed in the 2016 referendum.

Report lord skywalker September 1, 2019 9:52 PM BST
we voted to leave in 2016, what dont you understand from that, leave won by over a  million votes, it wasnt based at all with us getting a deal, you know do you wish to leave the EU  or remain in the EU, if you didnt understand that when you voted why did you bother, the trouble with remoaners is they dont know when to give up, not leaving the eu will have broken the promises they made when enacting article 50
Report lord skywalker September 1, 2019 9:55 PM BST
the only undemocratic thing about this process is mps refusal to leave the eu
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2019 10:00 PM BST
Parliament , and people like angoose have to ignored because they are remainers
Their opinion is neither here nor there
Report Angoose September 1, 2019 10:00 PM BST
Maybe we should have a referendum to switch from a parliamentary democracy to a direct democracy.
Then again, maybe not.
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2019 10:01 PM BST
see what I mean , he thinks he has the right to an opinion , he doesn’t
Report lord skywalker September 1, 2019 10:12 PM BST
dont be silly , he has the right to an opinion its just a fantasy land opinion
Report Whisperingdeath September 1, 2019 10:54 PM BST
see what I mean , he thinks he has the right to an opinion , he doesn’t

Laugh

Of course he doesn't have the right to an opinion!

LaughLaughLaugh
Report edy September 1, 2019 11:16 PM BST
Angoose and other remainers have some gall too think they're equal citizens with a right to an opinion. People like that are just unbelievable.
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2019 11:20 PM BST
quite right , remainers cannot be equal citizens by definition
there shouldn’t be any remainers so therefore they can’t have equal rights
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2019 11:20 PM BST
And they certainly can’t have an opinion
Report lfc1971 September 1, 2019 11:21 PM BST
The very idea doesn’t  make sense
Report edy September 1, 2019 11:47 PM BST
It's just Remoaniacs making things up as they go in their unpatriotic quest to betray democracy.
Report lord skywalker September 2, 2019 12:37 PM BST
"Meanwhile, former Prime Minister Tony Blair has warned a general election would be an "elephant trap" Labour must not fall into and Brexit must be "resolved" first.

But Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn said in a speech in Salford he did still want one.

"In that election Labour will give people the chance to take back control and have the final say in a public vote... including the option to Remain," he added."

****s all of them, yeah remainers take back control and block brexit, i have no respect for these horrible mps who think its allright to trash democracy beecause it doesnt suit them, GO BORIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Report moisok September 2, 2019 7:02 PM BST
But they won't be able to get any more expenses travelling to Brussels!!!   - skywalker - we need a bit of empathy here -

understand and care for them
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com