Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
melv
24 Aug 19 07:11
| Topic/replies: 7,212 | Blogger: melv's blog
OK a slight exaggeration because I can't read the minds of 20 million people. Just watch this and tell me all leave voters voted for no deal. Anyone saying they know otherwise is a liar

And for all you worshippers of democracy please note that in that case telling us out of The EU with no deal is thereby anti-democratic. It is not the will of the people to engage in an orgy of self torture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xGt3QmRSZY

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 404
By:
lfc1971
When: 24 Aug 19 07:18
another confused remainer , dishonest as well
By:
flushgordon1
When: 24 Aug 19 07:18
I voted leave ,leave does not mean remaining in slightly
By:
markzzz
When: 24 Aug 19 07:34
Another thing which wasn't on the referendum ballot was "stay in the EU exactly in the same position we currently are in".

Remain would have meant being part of an increasingly federal Europe, getting more and more tied in to their machinations until we could never leave because we had lost control of our own laws and economy (and freedom).

I am not suggesting any connection with previous World Wars as some people are, but I AM saying that eventually Germany would rule the UK, just like they currently rule Greece.
By:
eric_morris
When: 24 Aug 19 10:09
I voted for No Deal its just it wasn't called that at the time.
By:
melv
When: 24 Aug 19 10:38
Don't you just love how all the negative commentators have actually responded to  the vid.

Please have a look. You'll see the point within 30 seconds.
By:
eric_morris
When: 24 Aug 19 10:41
Our standard of living in 3 years time will be miles better than now melv. Remainers will fade away when that happens. Everything points to that happening in the longer term outside of the EU protection racket.
By:
melv
When: 24 Aug 19 10:41
Don't you just love how all the negative commentators have not actually responded to  the vid.
By:
eric_morris
When: 24 Aug 19 10:44
Companies will be forced to train up our kids to give them meaningful careers like we had when they struggle to import cheaper labour. Trade will improve, more startups will form it will be like a renaissance in the uk. The middle and working classes will be wealthier and the rich a bit less rich.
By:
eric_morris
When: 24 Aug 19 10:45
Jobs will become more stable allowing kids to get mortgages and feel more secure which will also improve mental health of the young. I could go on it is really exciting and positive.
By:
flushgordon1
When: 24 Aug 19 11:25
Unless you are an appeaser.
By:
Angoose
When: 24 Aug 19 11:35
An interesting montage .......
By:
flushgordon1
When: 24 Aug 19 11:39
We voted into a common market ,we are leaving an undemocratic quasi neo liberal dictatorship.
By:
flushgordon1
When: 24 Aug 19 12:44
Tusk   now starting to get worried.

European Council President Donald Tusk has said the EU is "willing to listen" to Prime Minister Boris Johnson's ideas for Brexit if they are "realistic".

Speaking at a press conference at the G7 summit in Biarritz, France, Mr Tusk said he would "not cooperate on no deal".

Mr Tusk and Mr Johnson are due to meet on Sunday to discuss Brexit.

Since becoming prime minister, Mr Johnson has insisted the UK will leave the EU on 31 October.

Mr Tusk said Mr Johnson is the third British prime minister he will have met since the UK voted to leave the EU in June 2016.

He said: "The EU has always been open to cooperation. One thing I will not cooperate on is a no deal.
By:
pumphol.
When: 24 Aug 19 12:51
Thought I voted to leave rather than stay, how we left was NEVER up for debate when I voted, what was said straight after the vote" no deal is better than a bad deal, & basically that was the only meaningful thing May said from day 1 of her premiership.
By:
flushgordon1
When: 24 Aug 19 12:53
True!
By:
Angoose
When: 24 Aug 19 12:57

Aug 24, 2019 -- 6:51AM, pumphol. wrote:

Thought I voted to leave rather than stay, how we left was NEVER up for debate when I voted, what was said straight after the vote" no deal is better than a bad deal, & basically that was the only meaningful thing May said from day 1 of her premiership.

Except no deal is a bad deal so another meaningless soundbite to go alongside brexit means brexit

By:
Foinavon
When: 24 Aug 19 16:13
It's an inconvenient truth that Parliament voted to make ‘no deal’ the default when MPs voted to trigger Article 50, and then again when they passed the Withdrawal Act.
To say that nobody voted for no deal is patently false. Remainers should be ashamed of all the lies they have told and are still telling in order to deceive the public.
By:
Angoose
When: 24 Aug 19 16:23
Are the clips in the montage "fake news", did the individuals shown not say those words ?
By:
moisok
When: 24 Aug 19 17:11
NOBODY VOTED FOR NO DEAL !!   -   I did  -  so off you go -
By:
akabula
When: 24 Aug 19 17:26
The majority voted to leave the EU. On the paper it was either leave or stay with no mention of doing a deal.
So people voted to leave full stop ie without a deal so the thread title seriously disingenuous.

Maybe asking a bit much of remainers to but could you stop clutching at straws and embrace democracy.
By:
melv
When: 24 Aug 19 17:31
To say that nobody voted for no deal is patently false. Remainers should be ashamed of all the lies they have told and are still telling in order to deceive the public.

My dear Foin seeing all the leaders of "Vote Leave" educating their supporters by saying that voting leave meant being summat like "Norway" and a load of other assurances none of which where anywhere where near "No deal" patently shows I have nothing to be ashamed of. I pardon your rhetoric.

Do watch the vid please.
By:
moisok
When: 24 Aug 19 17:40
I voted for it  ok - you said no one did.  How the fk do you know anyway?
By:
moisok
When: 24 Aug 19 17:43
Of course it is all regurgitated garbage from the merkel/macron propaganda bunker
By:
akabula
When: 24 Aug 19 17:44
melv clutching at straws, it's what he does best.
By:
moisok
When: 24 Aug 19 17:45
I will clutch at anything - oh sorry - wrong  fred - fort it was the pride thread!!
By:
akabula
When: 24 Aug 19 17:50
Actually to call a spade a spade it's downright lies.
That's another thing the remainers are good at.
Here a pro-remain lobbyists vid is shown to be one big lie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4Jb-fmFfiU
By:
n88uk
When: 24 Aug 19 17:59
The reason the leave campaigns always have to quote remainers from the campaign talking about the potential no deal option is because they were warning what Brexit would become if you can't get a deal, in other words they were right, the leavers back then said this was project fear as we would get what we want.
By:
n88uk
When: 24 Aug 19 18:00

Aug 24, 2019 -- 11:26AM, akabula wrote:

The majority voted to leave the EU. On the paper it was either leave or stay with no mention of doing a deal.So people voted to leave full stop ie without a deal so the thread title seriously disingenuous.Maybe asking a bit much of remainers to but could you stop clutching at straws and embrace democracy.

Lol at this, it's the leavers trying to bypass democracy and trash democracy. Shut down parliament, ignore parliament, is that the democratic future leavers envision?

By:
akabula
When: 24 Aug 19 18:04
We voted to leave, everything else being quoted is as a result of remainers refusing to recognise this.
By:
n88uk
When: 24 Aug 19 18:05
Who said we can't leave? Leaving =/= no deal, there are many ways to leave.
By:
akabula
When: 24 Aug 19 18:08
We had a referendum which every Conservative and Labour MP said they would accept and act on the result.
When they didn't get the result they wanted they started inventing reasons for going back on their words.
By:
n88uk
When: 24 Aug 19 18:10
They have been trying to do that for 3 years. The problem has been government won't work with parliament to find the solution, keeps trying to do its own thing with no democratic mandate.
By:
akabula
When: 24 Aug 19 18:13
The only people who have remained true to their words are those that voted to leave.
If we cannot agree on a leaving deal then leaving with No Deal would be the only option if we want to uphold democracy.
By:
n88uk
When: 24 Aug 19 18:15
It would be undemocratic to leave with no deal against parliament's wishes.
By:
akabula
When: 24 Aug 19 18:18
LaughLaughLaugh
But okay to ignore the majority of voters who voted to leave.
I don't think your argument stands up to scrutiny.
By:
n88uk
When: 24 Aug 19 18:21
They aren't being ignored, what have they been trying to do for the last 3 years?
By:
n88uk
When: 24 Aug 19 18:21
The voters voted a parliament 2 years ago to oppose no deal also, so that argument is even more ridiculous.
By:
akabula
When: 24 Aug 19 18:38
The voters voted a parliament 2 years ago to oppose no deal also, so that argument is even more ridiculous.

You just made that up.
By:
n88uk
When: 24 Aug 19 18:39
The majority of MPs were elected on manifestos that rejected no deal as an option, that is a fact.
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com