Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unitedbiscuits
21 Mar 19 08:13
| Topic/replies: 2,463 | Blogger: unitedbiscuits's blog
#RevokeA50 petition gathered thousands of votes last night after May went rogue.

Sign, share and come with all your friends, family & colleagues to the #PeoplesVoteMarch on Saturday. Let’s make signatures & turnout a million.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584 …
Pause Switch to Standard View Revoke A50 petition, woke up to half...
Show More
Report donny osmond March 26, 2019 10:40 AM GMT
Report thegiggilo March 26, 2019 10:40 AM GMT
5.7 for those not bothered...
Report unitedbiscuits March 26, 2019 4:49 PM GMT
My Spanish friend living in the UK has just signed the #revokeart50 petition.  However she thought before tonight that she was not entitled to sign.  Please remind your EU27 friends and family living in the UK that they can, and should.
Report Whisperingdeath March 26, 2019 5:37 PM GMT
5.7 million?

Don't they need to get close to 17.4 million people living in the UK and prepared to vote?
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 26, 2019 5:53 PM GMT
Why? It's only a poll. It's already served it's purpose. It stuck two fingers up to May after her dreadful address, it's helped turned the tide from No Deal to revoke and reconsider, and it's giving information to MP's about how many signatories live in their constituency and showing that ignoring the 48% may not be the best oprion for their own prospects.

Job done. Oh, and it's annoyed all the right people which is a nice bonus.
Report thegiggilo March 26, 2019 10:23 PM GMT
Report lord skywalker March 26, 2019 10:49 PM GMT
youre very deluded if you think it has done anything pineapple, mps debate anything really that has 100k+ signatures, its a nothin petition signed by people who cant accept the 2016 vote
Report lord skywalker March 26, 2019 10:52 PM GMT
every other possible deal or suggestion put forward by other mps is actually worse than mays deal, most of them are actually staying in the eu with a few diffrences, most mps dont want to leave the EU at all
Report donny osmond March 26, 2019 11:03 PM GMT

slowing down, odd that if it was fake, ...
Report lord skywalker March 26, 2019 11:09 PM GMT
it may well be genuine but still doesnt make any diffrence to brexit, why do you think they debating it on april fools day
Report lord skywalker March 26, 2019 11:10 PM GMT
the perfect day for all those fools that think a silly petition cant stop brexit
Report donny osmond March 26, 2019 11:23 PM GMT
on top of that a new poll shows remain to have a 10% lead over leave

not that mps need any more excuse to please themselves after the over
one million peoples parade and 5.8 million petition

hey ho, people have spoken, let the mps carry out the will of the people
Report thegiggilo March 27, 2019 10:31 AM GMT
See there is a government notice on the petition now,obviously to discourage voting saying article 50 will not be revoked obviously they don't want to see it hit the 6milloin mark,don't think anyine really believed that article 50 would be revoked it's just showing how how far remocved the government are from current trend...Hopefully will keep going to the 6 million mark..
Report donny osmond March 27, 2019 10:50 AM GMT
maybe the mps will vote on it today, having taken control away from may.

i doubt they will have a majority for it, but at least it has been put
into the agenda by this fine petition that the brexiteers dont care about
Report yajyaj March 27, 2019 10:51 AM GMT
Tusk to mep's this morning in reference to a lengthy extension "you cannot betray the 6 million who signed the petition and the 1 million people who marched", but feck the 17.4m aye
Report thegiggilo March 27, 2019 9:28 PM GMT
Report donny osmond March 27, 2019 9:28 PM GMT
Report TheBetterBettor March 27, 2019 10:36 PM GMT
Option L: Revoke Article 50 if no-deal Brexit is not explicitly approved by MPs a day before we are due to leave, as proposed by the SNP

Ayes: 184

Noes: 293

-----

Dead as dishwater
Report n88uk March 27, 2019 10:59 PM GMT
Not at all dead lol. Revoke will only win when tomorrow is the day we leave with no deal, then is when revoke will win.

Using that logic no deal would be dead given that is losing by a far greater majority. At some point those two might be the only options.
Report thegiggilo March 27, 2019 11:28 PM GMT
TheBetterBettor    27 Mar 19 22:36 
Option L: Revoke Article 50 if no-deal Brexit is not explicitly approved by MPs a day before we are due to leave, as proposed by the SNP

-----

Dead as dishwate

Another one that's not bothered..
Report thegiggilo March 27, 2019 11:28 PM GMT
TheBetterBettor    27 Mar 19 22:36 

-----

Dead as dishwate

Another one that's not bothered..
Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 8:59 AM GMT
once again mps show how to frustrate the brexit process, mps are a joke they couldnt manage themselves let alone the country
Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 9:01 AM GMT
sturgeon said last night, more chance of stopping brexit now that mps cant make their mind up , another rancid mp who thinks they know best
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 9:12 AM GMT
She isn't an mp and she is far from rancid. She is supporting the wishes of the voters of her country.
Report InsiderTrader March 28, 2019 9:20 AM GMT
Her country is the UK.
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 9:27 AM GMT
Her country is not the UK. She is the elected First Minister of Scotland and represents that country.
Report InsiderTrader March 28, 2019 9:36 AM GMT
So her passport will say Scottish Citizen rather than British Citizen and the front will say Scotland rather than United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland?
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 9:37 AM GMT
What has that got to do with it? Nothing at all.
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 9:39 AM GMT
You are effectively saying that any person that is elected to any parliament by constituents shouldn't actually represent them. They should represent other constituencies or countries.
Report InsiderTrader March 28, 2019 9:43 AM GMT
She is British Citizen the same as someone who calls themselves Cornish is a British citizen. If every area of the UK said we are 'dragged out against our will' then nothing would happen on anything. The south east would always vote for lower taxes for instance. We are the whole of the UK not fragments.
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 9:50 AM GMT
You don't get it, do you. You are effectively saying that if you are elected the senator of Texas, you won't represent those constituents but will represent Hawaii instead as you are an American citizen.
Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 9:57 AM GMT
punter talking crap as usual, scotland, n ireland & wales all part of the united kingdom and therefore all have to respect the vote, the govermeant of the united kingdom promised to fulfill ther wishes of the people when they voted in 2016, some people seem to think london and scotland have a right to remain in the eu, punter wrong yet again, we didnt say they didnt represent them just that they should respect the vote as much as any leaver would had remain won, that is why this such a  mess because every mp and first minster has their own agenda, sturgeon said last night that stopping brexit is very much on.
Report InsiderTrader March 28, 2019 9:57 AM GMT
I do get it. Texas is part of America, London if part of the UK, Scotland is part of the UK. Of course she can speak up for people in her area but she should respect that the majority of the country she is a citizen of voted to leave.
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 10:01 AM GMT
No point in voting then. Someone from a different part of the UK will represent you.
Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 10:05 AM GMT
you really dont get it punter, she speaks for her own people but should respect the outcome of the vote across the UK but is intent on stopping it rather than helping, her own people dont wwant independence so scotland have to tow the line
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 10:10 AM GMT
What has independence got to do with it? Also, you may as well get rid of all the devolved parliaments, they don't matter according to you.
Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 10:12 AM GMT
i cant work out whether punter is just stupid or taking the piss, shall we have a vote on it and then not carry out the will of the people
Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 10:14 AM GMT
if scotland wants to remain it has to be a indepndent country, it didnt want to be independent so has to go along with the rest of the UK, it isnt hard punter
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 10:15 AM GMT
The "will of the people" in Scotland, supported by all major parties including the conservatives was to remain. Scotland supported that overwhelmingly and as Scotlands elected First Minister Sturgeon is representing them. She is no different from the DUP representing what their constituents wished for in Northern Ireland.
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 10:17 AM GMT
You seem to be obsessed with the independence thing which is irrelevant.
Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 10:18 AM GMT
yes thats true but they have to go along with the rest of the UK as a whole nation, no uk govermeant would ever split a nation but the vast majority of mps seem intent on stopping brexit including those in scotland
Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 10:20 AM GMT
i give up punter , go and play with your barbie dolls, oh their IQ might be higher than yours
Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 10:24 AM GMT
but you dont seem to get that all countrys within the UK have to respect the 2016 vote, parliament set article 50 in motion therefore scotland has to leave as well, scotland voted 62-38 but my home town voted 31-69, its the whole number that matters not just scotland
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 10:25 AM GMT

Mar 28, 2019 -- 5:20AM, lord skywalker wrote:

i give up punter , go and play with your barbie dolls, oh their IQ might be higher than yours

No need for that really.

Report lord skywalker March 28, 2019 10:27 AM GMT
yes there is because you really dont get it, im not saying it anymore because its like talking with a mp you go round in circles all day long
Report politicspunter March 28, 2019 10:31 AM GMT
I think it would be fairer to say we have different opinions. However, I am not going to post personal abuse.
Report enpassant March 28, 2019 1:15 PM GMT
Anyone that used the term 'will of the people' loses any debate that follows imo.
Report donny osmond March 28, 2019 11:54 PM GMT
55% of people wish to remain

skywalker she aint an mp, its pointed out to you and you abuse the bloke that helped you.

shes leader of scottish nationalists and may have a major say in next uk government, at which point
her nationality will be used against her

funny old world innit

best joke of the week was her comment on may...

tried to fall on her sword, ...and missed
Report yajyaj March 29, 2019 3:57 PM GMT
55% of people wish to remain, was that from a Carlsberg poll donny
Report donny osmond March 29, 2019 4:03 PM GMT
i'm sure you can do google
Report Whisperingdeath March 30, 2019 7:06 AM GMT

but you dont seem to get that all countrys within the UK have to respect the 2016 vote, parliament set article 50 in motion therefore scotland has to leave as well, scotland voted 62-38 but my home town voted 31-69, its the whole number that matters not just scotland the whole number that matters not just scotland

Scotland is not a Country!
Report Whisperingdeath March 30, 2019 7:10 AM GMT

You are effectively saying that any person that is elected to any parliament by constituents shouldn't actually represent them. They should represent other constituencies or countries.

I suggest you smash your head against the wall PP

Do you really think the people you are arguing with have the capacity to u derstand thatLaugh doh
Report donny osmond March 30, 2019 7:56 PM GMT
6 k to go for the 6 million, if anybodys not bothered then just sign it, please
Report donny osmond March 31, 2019 12:24 PM BST
cheers

6.0 million
Report lord skywalker March 31, 2019 12:42 PM BST
donny, punter wasnt listening to me, i said the snp have to respect the vote and not try to frustrate the process, thats why were in this mess because the snp, labour and a lot off tories simply do not want brexit and will try anything to stop the process or a get a softer brexit. this made me laugh

"Mr Gauke reiterated his opposition to a no deal Brexit, warning he would leave government if such a policy was pursued.

A no deal Brexit would mean cutting ties with the European Union immediately and defaulting to World Trade Organisation rules for trade.

Tom Watson said there was an "emerging consensus" among Labour MPs.

He said: "Whatever the deal looks like - and we understand there has to be compromises - if it's underpinned by a People's Vote that is the way we can bring the country back together."

Speaking on Sky News, shadow foreign secretary Emily Thornberry said under a Labour government it was "likely" that the UK would leave the European Union.

When asked if Labour was a Remain party, Ms Thornberry replied: "In our hearts we want to remain but we have to square that with democracy.

"If the people want us to leave we have to leave."

but labours version of leave is in the customs union and single market and accepting free movement, that isnt brexit by any stretch of the immagination nor is the idea that we should stay in the customs union, no deal is the only way forward and cut  ties with the eu straight away, thats what the 17.4  million voted for, leave means leave not  bits and pieces
Report PorcupineorPineapple March 31, 2019 12:57 PM BST
It's that kind of attitude that makes Sturgeon's stance valid though. You are interested in respecting the wishes of the leave voters but want to completely ignore what the 48% would want.

No consensus whatsoever. No compromise. You go down that route then Scotland have got every right to say they're being completely ignored and want to fight to get their voices heard.

Nobody voted for no deal. It was never on the table. We were told there would be deals agreed before we left, that we'd have a deal agreed with the EU by the time we left. Absolutely nobody voted to go out with no deals in place with any country in the world.

But you now say that opinion overrides everyone else's and seem surprised when people tell you to do one. I mean, really.
Report lord skywalker March 31, 2019 1:06 PM BST
we voted for a choice leave or remain, remain voters shouldnt have any say really because they didnt win the vote, if remain had won we wouldve all happily gone about our business, its remain voters who cant accept the result and will try everything to stop it, may has tried to please all voters with her deal but it doesnt wash with hard brexiters or remain mps, i take it youre a remainer then pineapple
Report lord skywalker March 31, 2019 1:11 PM BST
but if its no deal or no brexit, im with no deal 100%, the longer it drags on the more likely were heading to stay in the eu, people voted to leave preferably with a deal but if brexit gets delayed even further or god forbid a soft brexit im sure leave voters wwould take no deal
Report lord skywalker March 31, 2019 1:12 PM BST
thee world wont end because we dont have a deal, life will go on, short term pain for long term gain
Report lord skywalker March 31, 2019 1:17 PM BST
we have a deal but the majority of parliament wont sign because they want to stay in the eu and frustrate the process until wwe either get a soft brexit or no brexit at all
Report lord skywalker March 31, 2019 1:18 PM BST
its the attitude of remainers that have landed us in this mess be it mps or the general public
Report unitedbiscuits March 31, 2019 1:20 PM BST
"Always someone else's fault." It may as well have been on the side of the Leave bus.
Report lord skywalker March 31, 2019 1:24 PM BST
mays deal isnt perfect but at least lets us leave the eu but everyone elses solution ties us in to the eu even more, another remoaner united then i take it
Report unitedbiscuits March 31, 2019 1:27 PM BST
Yes. Remain could be the will of the people, lord skywalker, sensible to check.
Report lord skywalker March 31, 2019 1:29 PM BST
there is no winning this one as all remainers wont accept any less than a soft brexit which might as well be no brexit at all, very sad day for british democracy
Report donny osmond March 31, 2019 2:18 PM BST
but a soft brexit is covered by what the 52% voted for....leave

if you wish to specify something else, start a petition, pretty sure
another referendum could be arranged
Report unitedbiscuits March 31, 2019 2:22 PM BST
pretty sure another referendum could be arranged- In a heartbeat.

If we can scare up the pencil and paper to vote in the European elections at short notice, we could potentially hold a referendum a week on Thursday. Cool
Report thegiggilo April 2, 2019 10:55 PM BST
6,054,425 still going up.
Report lord skywalker April 2, 2019 11:06 PM BST
looks like may has thrown in the towel early, brexit cancelled or at least a very very soft brexit, no point in leavin then, customs union single market and free movement all retained
Report donny osmond April 2, 2019 11:08 PM BST
theres a no deal petition on the go...
Report lord skywalker April 2, 2019 11:10 PM BST
pret a manger said a couple of days ago 1/50 applicants are british, we will soon not be very british at all, even where  i work 66% of all workers are asian/eastern european, more people in work than ever before according to the govermeant, so where are all the british workers then
Report PorcupineorPineapple April 3, 2019 9:27 AM BST
Thing is, it would be hooky if there were lots of British applicants but they kept choosing foreigners for the jobs.

Simple fact is Brits are seeing these jobs but simply aren't interested in doing them.

Yet we expect brits to suddenly decide to do them if foreigners stop coming. Fanciful.
Report politicspunter April 3, 2019 9:34 AM BST
British folks are probably just as well off on the dole as taking these minimum wage jobs.
Report thegiggilo April 3, 2019 9:36 AM BST
What no one seems to understand these people love the work,the service industry the polidh for example if you go on holiday anywhere in britain they do everything with a smile and a thankyou always immaculate with uniforms always say hello...us a grunt and a ffs,makes absolutely no sense we won't do the work i know i wouldn't Shocked
Report GAZO April 3, 2019 9:56 AM BST
most are here just to work and are planning on going back home(or send money home) so they live in standards that most brits wouldnt put up with to save more money
Report politicspunter April 3, 2019 10:08 AM BST
I was at the lake district at the weekend. The non-British staff were immaculate and very polite. It's the same everywhere in that chain of hotels.
Report Whisperingdeath April 3, 2019 12:55 PM BST
When you are an immigrant in a country it is more likely you will live in cheap accommodation in a house of multiple occupation with others from your country or in a similar position. The social life is usually with the people you live or work with ans the working hours are long to compensate for low wages.

Who wants to live a life like that for any period of time or if you have a family? What sort of quality of life is that?

I don't blame the foreigners for taking the opportunity. Good luck to them. I work with some of them. I would like to see people who have been on the dole for a long time to be forced to work if they want benefits.

The trouble is the system is skewed and there are plenty of people exploiting it. I would love to know how many part time workers who with BHS had their rent or mortgage paid bu us the tax payer!

Employers are exploiting this and their wages are subsidised by us the tax payer. This has to change. Housing benefit needs to be looked at.

We have a shortage of housing and our infra structure needs rebuilding. If people want benefit and a roof over their heads they should be prepared to work for it.

Too many businesses are exploiting low paid workers.
Report politicspunter April 3, 2019 12:59 PM BST
If folks are in a council house where they are better off on the dole than take a minimum wage low hours job, why should they work?
Report Whisperingdeath April 3, 2019 1:01 PM BST
True,

But they should not be in a position that they are better off by not working, shame on us!
Report politicspunter April 3, 2019 1:04 PM BST
The only solution is to increase the minimum wage.
Report thegiggilo April 3, 2019 1:04 PM BST
This is what tories want to do force people into work on low wages,it's glaringly obvious thought that was obvious to everyone,they can't be trusted that's why brexit is a nightmare...
Report Angoose April 3, 2019 1:08 PM BST
A sad state of affairs when these are valid points of discussion in the world's fifth largest economy. Sad
Report Whisperingdeath April 3, 2019 1:13 PM BST
Forget the Tories. We need to have a future and a life not slavery. Finding out you will not be working today because your immediate boss has had a bad day and decides he will make someone else's life as miserable as his or hers.

Young people should be able to get an education. We need them to for our futures. People on low wages need to be able to afford a comfortable place to live.

We need to build houses, not via just the private sector but old fashioned Council Houses. There are plenty on the dole who can learn a trade or labour.

Living on the dole should not be a lifestyle CHOICE!

Anyone who has not worked for a year must be sent in to work.
Report politicspunter April 3, 2019 1:17 PM BST
No they shouldn't, not when they would be financially worse off.
Report GAZO April 3, 2019 1:17 PM BST
rents have to come down and that would also bring the housing benefit down but that will result in house prices going down which would result in the government who did this to get voted out at the next election
Report Whisperingdeath April 3, 2019 2:41 PM BST
They should be better off when working. the system is wrong and needs changing.
Report politicspunter April 3, 2019 2:45 PM BST
It won't change because the government do not wish to increase the minimum wage as it will affect businesses that support conservatives.
Report lord skywalker April 3, 2019 10:38 PM BST
min wage has just risen 4.6% to £8.21 p/hr, the trouble  is the council pay housing benefit to the claimant and not the landlord, claimant spends the money and then gets 4 mths into arrears then wonders why they are being evicted, stupid system, but there are people who live above me who dont work and havent done for several years, i wonder how they survive, i work 35 hrs a week and my wife is at uni (mature student), it makes me sick that the people who live above  us dont work at all and have all of lifes luxurys, but i couldnt just sit at home and do nothin, i spoke a lady who lives upstairs that hasnt worked in 8 years, she says i have a wonky hand so i cant work , i would just go sick all the time, another one is on PIP because of depression, you couldnt make it up
Report politicspunter April 4, 2019 2:00 AM BST
Well, you have to ask yourself if you would be able to work your 35 hours for £8.21 an hour, pay your travel to work costs, child care costs and full rent and council tax and be financially better off than not working?
Report thegiggilo April 4, 2019 2:42 AM BST
Don't know how anyone survives,what a life countrys booming apparently lol...
Report lord skywalker April 4, 2019 10:37 AM BST
easily better off working, its a no brainer, but i have no debt, so a lot of familys on benefits have debt with payday loans,catalogue,etc , so i guess the luxurys come from catalogues, there is no way i could sit at home all day and no nothin, in my 29 years since  i left school ive been on the dole for a total of 4 weeks, i cant understand the not to work ethic
Report donny osmond April 4, 2019 10:48 AM BST
a lot on families in work, get benefits, have no debt and no catalogue debt
but because wages are so low, and have no guarantee they even have any work today
because of zero hour contract they are forced onto, will not plan to increase
spending

its easy to highlight overspending families and those that dont wish to work but
they in no way represent the vast majority of folk in this country striving to
just about manage

some folk have been savvy and can retire before age 67, but they are the lucky
ones, who have resisted high interest loans, over priced tat, and stuff that
they really did not require.
Report politicspunter April 4, 2019 10:49 AM BST
So 35 hours x £8.21 = £287.35 less deductions. That is to pay transport to work costs, child care when at work, full rent and council tax. You think that is far better financially off than folks on the dole?
Forget about any other outlay/loans/ luxuries etc whether working or not.
Report yajyaj April 4, 2019 10:50 AM BST
Well done lord, what type of work you doing ?
Report donny osmond April 4, 2019 11:00 AM BST
So 35 hours x £8.21 = £287.35 less deductions

about 15k a year, for a full time job, but if you have kids you will be
able to claim benefits so no suffer deductions in real terms.

with a non working spouse and 2 kids you will get about 230 a week
on top of that wage after you have paid tax, ni, and pension deduction

so earnings of around 14k net
and uni credit of 12k
Report donny osmond April 4, 2019 11:02 AM BST
can work out potential benefits at

https://www.entitledto.co.uk/help/Calculating-Universal-Credit
Report InsiderTrader April 4, 2019 1:02 PM BST
Benefits should not be a lifestyle choice.

They should be for the sick and for emergencies.

They have it right in Spain where you get them for a limited time only when not in work and can work.

The current Tories are more to the left than Labour where in 1945.
Report donny osmond April 4, 2019 1:03 PM BST
to the left, lol

they are subsidising their sponsors with cheap labour
Report lord skywalker April 4, 2019 2:10 PM BST
it wouldnt be any diffrent with labour in power, the benefit system encourages the lazy not to work, i would say im fairly good with my money, have a 10 day holiday every year, have savings and no debt, i used to overspend and be in debt but not now, insider is right benefits shouldnt be a lifestyle choice but the system is stupid, they send people to jobs they dont want to do, they turn up for 1 day and dissapear, i work with mostly young people and its sad to say its the english ones that dont want to work and the foreigners who turn up every day, it really shouldnt be like this
Report donny osmond April 4, 2019 3:43 PM BST
if a company wish to employ a £23 k a year worker they should pay them £23k
not 15k and have rest of population subsidise their profits

if a decent living wage existed then a lot of problems around benefits would be gone
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com