Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
unitedbiscuits
21 Feb 19 17:07
| Topic/replies: 16,153 | Blogger: unitedbiscuits's blog
And Blukip looking for a  new leader the day after Brexit (potentially next month).  The trouble for them is, they don't have many leadership candidates with a human face.

Please let the election fall on Gavin Williamson LaughLaughLaugh
Pause Switch to Standard View Hard right have taken over...
Show More
Report Dotchinite February 21, 2019 5:10 PM GMT
I want it to be Boris. Can you imagine a GE campaign between him and Corbyn each trying to outdo the other with wild promises to buy your vote.
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 5:13 PM GMT
Laugh Trump card Johnson! Now you mention the name, I wonder where Joe Johnson is in the queue to leave the Cons.
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 5:14 PM GMT
Joe Johnson has seen the Brexit transport plans, after all!
Report enpassant February 21, 2019 5:39 PM GMT
They could find several right wingers for leader in the tiggers.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 21, 2019 6:03 PM GMT
how long before we get some right wing policies?
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 6:05 PM GMT
I'd say about March 31st, the day after May resigns. Or, maybe not policies so much as welshing on her agreement.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 21, 2019 6:08 PM GMT
so if the hard right have taken over why no right wing policies for another five weeks and then its not a policy it is a bit of welshing on an agreement that is not agreed
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 6:09 PM GMT
Cos Brexit is base camp one for the hard-right.
Report Dr Crippen February 21, 2019 6:18 PM GMT
Cos Brexit is base camp one for the hard-right.

That's near enough:-

Ub's anti -Brexit thread No 212.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 21, 2019 6:18 PM GMT
Brexit isn't a right or left wing issue. Lots of labour seats voted leave in the referendum

George Gallaway is a big supporter of brexit hardly a right winger

Are you unfamiliar with the term lexit
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 6:22 PM GMT
Brexit is effectively in the hands of c 50 Brextremists. They have control.
Report InsiderTrader February 21, 2019 6:31 PM GMT
Is JRM 'hardright' in your world UB?
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 6:40 PM GMT
Yes.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 21, 2019 6:41 PM GMT
Brexit is being led by a PM who voted remain. The major negotiations are being done by civil servants particularly Ollie Robbins all of whom are remainers.

The ERG group are merely standing up for what the British public voted for namely that we would leave the EU.

Hardly right wing policies.

Maybe you should utilise Mr Google and look up right wing policies. You will see they are few and far between with this government.
Report 1st time poster February 21, 2019 6:52 PM GMT
hostile environment introduced by may is a right wing policy, according to souboury mrs may is driven by migration policy
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 21, 2019 6:56 PM GMT
However, there have been claims that the ideology of the policy was present in the Home
Office before then. For example, Emily Thornberry, Shadow Foreign Secretary, believed the
former Labour Home Secretary, Alan Johnson, had used the term in a speech in 2010
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 6:57 PM GMT
May was a fifth columnist for Brexit imo. She refused 23 requests to campaign for Remain before the ref.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 21, 2019 6:58 PM GMT
In view of the fact that on average 300,000 people have been entering the uk each year for the best part of 15 years  it could be argued that the hostile environment hasn't been hostile enough.
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 7:02 PM GMT
Immigration figures out on the 27th Mighty Whites.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 21, 2019 7:06 PM GMT
A controlled immigration policy is hardly right wing. For virtually all of the 20th century immigration failed to exceed 50,000 in virtually ever year. Tony Blair significantly relaxed the policy leading to a significant increase in migration. For a government to attempt to manage the levels of migration to more sustainable numbers I would say is a more center ground policy. The left love open borders and a right wing government would likely have very stringent quotas on the numbers entering the country, the current levels of immigration could be in no ways describe as stringent.

Migration is a massive problem around the world. When the Berlin wall fell in 1989 there were around 15 border walls/fences erected to control the movement of people.This number remained constant until the early 2000s. The last decade has seen a significant increase in border walls with 77 countries now having now erected a border wall or fencing.
Report nellie1970 February 21, 2019 7:07 PM GMT
Just before the exit door
Report 1st time poster February 21, 2019 7:08 PM GMT
windrush
white vans touring London telling people to go home
are right wing policies
Report InsiderTrader February 21, 2019 7:08 PM GMT
UB,

Do you think JRM and Corbyn are hard right for suggesting Shamima Begum should be allowed to return to the UK?
Report Mighty Whites 2008 February 21, 2019 7:12 PM GMT
Windrush was an administrative **** up. It was original started in 2010 under labour and Alan Johnson.

The subsequent mess was largely down to incompetence rather than a stated goal of deporting black caribbean people. At the same time this was happening there was a high level of immigration into the country particularly from west africa.

The vans were a poor policy and attempt to seem tough while at the same time having very lax immigration standards. How many illegals were actually rounded up and sent back?
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 7:18 PM GMT

Do you think JRM and Corbyn are hard right for suggesting Shamima Begum should be allowed to return to the UK?

No. Why?
Report InsiderTrader February 21, 2019 7:21 PM GMT
I don't think you know what 'hard right' means.

How do you define 'hard right' and why do you think people like Jacob who are trying to get the Brexit everyone voted for to happen are 'hard right'?

Is 'hard right' the same as 'far right'?
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 7:30 PM GMT
Yes, hard right/far right are interchangeable terms. In the case of JRM, his mentor, the person who funded his campaign, is disaster-capitalist Crispen Odey. He has Sunday lunch every fortnight with Peter Hargreaves. These are people who basically want society without a safety-net and Jacob Rees-Mogg is their "boy."
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 7:32 PM GMT
As I told you two days ago, IT, populist scapegoating of "others" and "elites" is just the bait by which the far-right traduce the gullible into voting themselves poorer.
Report InsiderTrader February 21, 2019 7:37 PM GMT
So you think JRM and the ERG want a fascist totalitarian state in the UK?
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 7:40 PM GMT
No, you're mixing terms and clumsily trying to ascribe them to another poster again.
Report InsiderTrader February 21, 2019 7:44 PM GMT
So you clearly have no idea of what 'far right' or 'hard right' means.

Why use terms that you simply do not understand?
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 7:49 PM GMT
You've just made a leap too far there IT. You describe something else then claim I don't know what the term means. Laugh
Report enpassant February 21, 2019 7:56 PM GMT
No lessons learned there then IT !
Report InsiderTrader February 21, 2019 7:58 PM GMT
I have made no leap. You would do well to google 'far right' and 'hard right' before throwing terms like that around like confetti.
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 7:58 PM GMT
Laugh Take a look at what he's typing on the other thread!
Report unitedbiscuits February 21, 2019 8:04 PM GMT
OP not even my term, Anna Soubry said it today.
You're having a bit of a mare, Insider Trader.
Again.
Report InsiderTrader February 21, 2019 8:06 PM GMT
Not at all. You simply do not understand what 'far right' means.
Report Dotchinite February 21, 2019 10:10 PM GMT
The terms far right, extreme right etc have been misused for years. Neither Hitler or the BNP were extreme right but good luck in trying to explain that to anyone these days.
Report bongo February 21, 2019 10:30 PM GMT
The CAP accounts for 37% of the EU budget. This is incident on qualifying land owners. 7% of the EU budget is classed as 'rural support' which is incident on pretty much the same people. The next largest item in the EU budget is something that unitedbiscuits could not name off the top of his head, and would have to research it if required. (
Hint: cohesion )
There's only one conclusion that can be drawn here - and that's after over two years of asking for an analysis or paper that shows the centralisation of land owner hand outs delivers net positives compared to the two obvious counterfactuals of devolution to member states and none at all, that Mr Unitedbiscuits loves the creamy but salty taste of landowner kok.
I hope you enjoy the thought of making men in tweed **** in their pants mate. Not for me I'm afraid, or anyone else who believes in British values of tolerance, fair play, and support for the underdog.
But if fellating the gentry does it for you, please don't ask everybody else who is not turned on by the idea for a subsidy, thanks.
Report enpassant February 21, 2019 11:42 PM GMT
^ haha 'tolerance' !
Report unitedbiscuits February 22, 2019 7:56 AM GMT
Poor bongo.
Do you think he has “come out” to his family yet?
Report politicspunter February 22, 2019 7:59 AM GMT

Feb 22, 2019 -- 7:56AM, unitedbiscuits wrote:

Poor bongo.Do you think he has “come out” to his family yet?

That was uncalled for.

Report politicspunter February 22, 2019 8:01 AM GMT

Feb 21, 2019 -- 10:30PM, bongo wrote:

The CAP accounts for 37% of the EU budget. This is incident on qualifying land owners. 7% of the EU budget is classed as 'rural support' which is incident on pretty much the same people. The next largest item in the EU budget is something that unitedbiscuits could not name off the top of his head, and would have to research it if required. ( Hint: cohesion )There's only one conclusion that can be drawn here - and that's after over two years of asking for an analysis or paper that shows the centralisation of land owner hand outs delivers net positives compared to the two obvious counterfactuals of devolution to member states and none at all, that Mr Unitedbiscuits loves the creamy but salty taste of landowner kok.I hope you enjoy the thought of making men in tweed **** in their pants mate. Not for me I'm afraid, or anyone else who believes in British values of tolerance, fair play, and support for the underdog.But if fellating the gentry does it for you, please don't ask everybody else who is not turned on by the idea for a subsidy, thanks.

And so was that.

Report Whisperingdeath February 27, 2019 9:40 PM GMT
Mr Unitedbiscuits loves the creamy but salty taste of landowner kok.

Veritably Shakespearean!
Report unitedbiscuits February 28, 2019 7:33 AM GMT
Must be bongo's house has a different edition of The Complete Works to mine.
Report Dr Crippen February 28, 2019 10:31 AM GMT
unitedbiscuits  21 Feb 19 19:30   

These are people who basically want society without a safety-net and Jacob Rees-Mogg is their "boy."

Which gives them plenty in common with UB.

He doesn't believe in the state paying to house people who can't afford to pay themselves. 
I suppose he thinks they should sleep rough.
Report unitedbiscuits February 28, 2019 10:39 AM GMT
Don't worry, we're going to sort out the corrupt housing mkt after we have killed Brexit. Our friends on the continent order housing much better. We have much to learn from them. You may have to get a real job, Crippen.
Report Dr Crippen February 28, 2019 10:41 AM GMT
Well that would still put me in front of you.
Report Dr Crippen February 28, 2019 10:42 AM GMT
we're going to sort out the corrupt housing mkt

It's anti-Semitism Labour needs to sort out mate, not the housing market.
Report edy February 28, 2019 11:43 AM GMT
Could do both. The governing party could sort the housing market, the main opposition party could sort its anti-semitism problem.

Though maybe that's too ambitious and neither will be sorted.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com