Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
enpassant
18 Jan 19 02:16
| Topic/replies: 9,039 | Blogger: enpassant's blog
Fiona Bruce has been accused of ridiculing Diane Abbott in a pre-show talk with the audience 'in reality appalling' and then the floor manager did the same. If you cannot see past the partisan view and the easy targeting of the much maligned Abbott, to see how sinister this is for the supposed independence of the BBC then we probably get what we deserve from a partial media.
Pause Switch to Standard View Question Time- WTF
Show More
Report donny osmond March 7, 2019 12:52 PM GMT
yes kelly, thats a great lesson for any child. we had similar, in
days when teachers were allowed to teach.

easy to apply it to biases built into posters on this forum.
Report Kelly March 7, 2019 2:15 PM GMT
Good teachers worth their weight in gold , donny.  Unfortunately undervalued remuneration wise compared with lots of other less capable of influencing society properly ( and we might start currently with some of those in the Mother ? of Parliaments and our own ( dormant) Assembly.

All my schools teachers were excellent , and then I went to University .  There the teaching skills were zero , most lecturers were interested only in their own little field of research , OK if you wanted to get involved in that sort of activity , but useless if you were looking for career opportunities. Waste of 4 years except for the holidays and sports activity --football and golf .
Report enpassant March 7, 2019 3:10 PM GMT
i wonder if Islamophobia will be a question tonight ? That would be a big tell !
Report thegiggilo March 10, 2019 4:00 PM GMT
I see the programme was bent as Aaron banks agaiin on thursday,how are they getting away with it,three of the questions put forward were by tory activists and there are pictures with one of then with sajid javid,the bias is just getting stupid and yet bbc still deny it...The programme is a complete farce...
Report thegiggilo March 10, 2019 4:00 PM GMT
I see the programme was bent as Aaron banks agaiin on thursday,how are they getting away with it,three of the questions put forward were by tory activists and there are pictures with one of then with sajid javid,the bias is just getting stupid and yet bbc still deny it...The programme is a complete farce...
Report enpassant March 10, 2019 8:24 PM GMT
Do you have a link pls -hadn't heard about this
Report donny osmond March 10, 2019 9:10 PM GMT
@Harrowcwu has a link on twitter
Report donny osmond March 10, 2019 9:16 PM GMT
just the 4 of them planted last week ....
Report thegiggilo March 10, 2019 9:24 PM GMT
On momentum twitter
Report thegiggilo March 10, 2019 10:06 PM GMT
The BBC  must be doing this on purpose now surely? they must know they are going to get found out it's like reality tv in a way if enough people bring it up ad make a fuss then it should do labour a favoiur,wierd thing is they do it on the same day as enquiry into bias i just don't get it...
Report thegiggilo March 10, 2019 10:06 PM GMT
The BBC  must be doing this on purpose now surely? they must know they are going to get found out it's like reality tv in a way if enough people bring it up ad make a fuss then it should do labour a favoiur,wierd thing is they do it on the same day as enquiry into bias i just don't get it...
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 8:21 AM GMT
The BBC say that there were activists from both main parties. But so far we've established that five Tory activists asked questions, let alone sat in the audience - and @DudleyLabGroup tell me there was only one Labour member there that they're aware of.
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 8:23 AM GMT
I, for one, am shocked to discover that the guy who angrily and bizarrely demanded I apologise on behalf of West Midlands Police for a costly refurbishment on #bbcqt was a Tory activist. Did you really thank him for that, @sajidjavid? https://twitter.com/tricktasker/status/1104431821125836801 …
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 12:13 PM GMT
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cTGOrSCk2z8&t=3s

ABSOLUTELY BLATANT !

Cheers thegig' for the heads up and donny for the link.
Report yajyaj March 11, 2019 1:08 PM GMT
As an aside, I'd be backing Mark Francois to destroy Will Self in a fist fight Happy. BBC Politics programme ........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NfFrW4yDubc
Report yajyaj March 11, 2019 1:30 PM GMT
Yes and he was rightly asked how he knows that
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 1:37 PM GMT
Mark Francois would be out of breath after 10 seconds and Self would put that substantial nut to good use and Francois would be just a stain on the floor....a big stain but on the floor.
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 1:39 PM GMT
Are either of you prepared to give an opinion of what bigots voted for in the EU ref', perhaps %-wise ?
Report yajyaj March 11, 2019 1:54 PM GMT
I know quite a lot of Labour voting factory workers who I would describe as racists, many of them voted remain, main reasons given were "potential softening of employee rights","saw Brexit as a tory initiative and I hate Maggie" (its true ffs) and "saw Brexit as a Tory initiative and I always vote Labour cus me dad did" (I kid you not)...............if your pushing me I would suggest Brexit 60/40 to the bigots.
I reckon fearless Francois would put him on his arze within the 10 seconds tbh
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 2:27 PM GMT
Height and reach go to Self- keep him at arms length and wait for the gasping for air- nut, job done. Au revoir Francois
Report yajyaj March 11, 2019 2:36 PM GMT
Dont see it, in the event they set something up, maybe you'll put some nice odds up for me Grin
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 2:37 PM GMT
I live in what would be a politically rightish area. I'm afraid many of the people I have chatted to on the subject here are not particularly well informed. Their views on brexit focus on immigration and tend not to like their assertions questioned too deeply. Alas, many are racist and that conclusion is hard to get away from in my experience.
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 2:37 PM GMT

Mar 11, 2019 -- 9:36AM, yajyaj wrote:

Dont see it, in the event they set something up, maybe you'll put some nice odds up for me

I would !

Report enpassant March 11, 2019 2:39 PM GMT
It would have to be a no-hold-bars shindig 'cos he would need the nut to finish the job.
Report donny osmond March 11, 2019 3:55 PM GMT
the planting of tory activists and other alt right groups is getting tedious.

its supposed to be a programme for the general public, not for plants
to be given air time pretending to be ordinary people.

4 in one show is just silly,

self showed the tory bloke up as a bit fick, not sure how he is put
forward to speak in public when so many of the plants are so much
more credible.
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 4:11 PM GMT
The BBC are, for now at least, finished as an independent broadcaster. They support the May's government just like Fox support Trump, only les Americany !

Francois really is an embarrassment - to think he represents a constituency in parliament, it's scary.
Report yajyaj March 11, 2019 4:19 PM GMT
Enp your looking but you not observing, please watch again, note the obvious fear in self's eyes, a major weakness that would cost him, also see Francois supp his coffee, if I'm not mistaken (and I'm not) he is shaking, children will call this weak, scared etc etc, but we both know, a man shakes only with rage, a great motivator to rip things apart # careful with them odds
Report 1st time poster March 11, 2019 5:13 PM GMT
self said course he didn't no but was giving his opinmion makes a change from 1000,s of people thinking leavers are stupid without been asked to apologise , francois didn't get the meaning of the quote and had to have jo co explaining to him what self meant
francois on tv today saying him and self had words in the green room pre show and new it was going to kick off, to use francois words self questioned his genatailia,
never said but I guess listening to francois over the last few months rerunning the world war with germany, carryinmg arounf withdrawl agreement,camerons letter etc, I imagine will self trotted out that francios suffers from small willy syndrome
Report enpassant March 11, 2019 5:28 PM GMT
And with a small one def less testosterone so Self would have no trouble. Keep your money yaj'  don't put your cash on small member   of parliament
Report yajyaj March 11, 2019 8:11 PM GMT
Laugh
Report thegiggilo March 14, 2019 1:18 PM GMT
Lets see how the BBC  can skew tonights audience should be a massive remain audience was 60% for after last few days should be even more vocal,that rancid woman thats always on it as well...
Report enpassant March 14, 2019 3:07 PM GMT
Can they possibly still promote May's deal !
Report 1st time poster March 14, 2019 9:12 PM GMT
the cabinet is LaughLaugh
Report thegiggilo March 14, 2019 9:17 PM GMT
Still looks the most likely outcome though,mogg and co must ve seething there'an easy 10 million to be made if we crash out...
Report 1st time poster March 14, 2019 9:21 PM GMT
steve Barclay going to negotate a Brexit extension after voting against one today, junker should throw the coooont out of the window
Report yajyaj March 14, 2019 9:30 PM GMT
I actually feel a sense of calm tonight, knowing we are going back to Brussels with the begging bowl is like normality has returned, bit like going back on the tit I suppose
Report enpassant March 14, 2019 10:35 PM GMT
Well we did spit our dummy out.
Report peckerdunne March 14, 2019 10:37 PM GMT
Hopefully there will be a question pertaining to how murdering Paras are not being brought to justice.
Report enpassant March 14, 2019 10:37 PM GMT
Licence resistance !
Report nellie1970 March 14, 2019 10:41 PM GMT
send Chris Grayling to negotiate in Brussels guaranteed to come back with some magic beans of some sort
Report peckerdunne March 14, 2019 10:46 PM GMT
Glasses man talking utter tripe
Report peckerdunne March 14, 2019 10:48 PM GMT
purple lady talking claptrap
Report peckerdunne March 14, 2019 11:00 PM GMT
Scottish man not taking it up the jaxi from tory thieves.
Report yajyaj March 14, 2019 11:02 PM GMT
Labour man sucking on a gobstopper as he's talking
Report peckerdunne March 14, 2019 11:05 PM GMT
Are you sure it's a gobstopper?
Report berti March 14, 2019 11:07 PM GMT
Julia talks so much sense. Scots fella talking utter drivel again.
Report yajyaj March 14, 2019 11:07 PM GMT
No, but he's certainly got something in there
Report peckerdunne March 14, 2019 11:12 PM GMT
Superman raising his voice whilst wearing salmon...........Grin
Report enpassant March 15, 2019 12:01 AM GMT
BBC propaganda in practice-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CihhxYvjc4c
Report yajyaj March 15, 2019 12:30 AM GMT
I liked superman Love
Report 1st time poster March 15, 2019 10:33 AM GMT
the brexiteer in the audience who thought he was been rather clever  with his 2nd reff of mays deal or no deal
wouldn't brexiteers feel just as robbed if the 48% of remain voters voted for mays deal,he,s starting 48 nil down and only needs 3% of brexiteers to vote for mays deal to win, or his he suggesting the electoral roll only lets those who voted for Brexit a vote if that's possible,leaving half the country without a vote
easy just to say he,s yet another foooking loooon
Report donny osmond March 15, 2019 12:21 PM GMT
thats the problem with folk, and mps

brainwashed into a narrow train of thought, and now like a rabbit
startled by the headlights

happening on all sides

we need them all to take a step back, and try to think
Report peckerdunne March 15, 2019 4:24 PM GMT
Hopefully this changes English(British)attitudes for years to come and destroys the Tories with it.

Smash the middle save the planet! Silly
Report donny osmond March 15, 2019 7:26 PM GMT
tories will survive, for now
Report donny osmond March 15, 2019 8:42 PM GMT
guy wearing salmon...

surprise surprise...ex ukip candidate
Report yajyaj March 15, 2019 8:52 PM GMT
Well done Donny, I like him even more now Grin
Report peckerdunne March 15, 2019 8:54 PM GMT
Grin low and behold
Report thegiggilo March 15, 2019 10:01 PM GMT
Have you got a link to pink jumpered frothing shouty man...
Report donny osmond March 15, 2019 10:39 PM GMT
you will like him even more when you find out he is a barrister, or was, until he was banned.
Report thegiggilo March 15, 2019 10:46 PM GMT
Have you got a link to him..
Report donny osmond March 15, 2019 10:48 PM GMT
...is that him ?

https://metro.co.uk/2017/09/21/celebrity-barrister-speaks-for-first-time-about-supplying-drugs-that-killed-his-boyfriend-6945400/
Report thegiggilo March 15, 2019 11:01 PM GMT
My daughter says it is,but i can't remember bar the pink jumper bit..ar the time he looked like another plant to me to set up arguement with labour bloke..
Report thegiggilo March 15, 2019 11:01 PM GMT
My daughter says it is,but i can't remember bar the pink jumper bit..ar the time he looked like another plant to me to set up arguement with labour bloke..
Report donny osmond March 15, 2019 11:04 PM GMT
go at @martin_lowe on twitter
Report thegiggilo March 15, 2019 11:22 PM GMT
Apparently it is him,strange how this isn't splashed everywhere considering his past very strange you wouldv'e thoight the bbc wouldn't have wanted this paruticular person to be putting down the agenda with his past or is this just part of the reality tv stuff they like to do now more publicity..
Report donny osmond March 15, 2019 11:29 PM GMT
they need these shouty men to keep the ratings
Report thegiggilo March 15, 2019 11:32 PM GMT
Seems such a lovely chap as well,supplies boyfriend with drugs and he dies and represents that rancid nadine dorres in court loses job as barrister now resorting to shouting on question time in a pink jumper..
Report 1st time poster March 16, 2019 10:27 AM GMT
another new low for Fiona bruce shrieking egging on the baying mob ,makes lose women sound more sensible by the day,what a stooge bruce has turned out to be horrific
Report enpassant March 16, 2019 11:47 AM GMT
Having read the posts for this week I am even more delighted to have stopped paying for the propaganda machine that is the BBC.
QT was once a serious political program which I watched up until Bruce's 2/3rd appearance as chair,  it had its faults yes but it is now a disgrace.
Report treetop March 16, 2019 4:13 PM GMT
You couldn't make it up , this forum never fails  to make me laugh out loud.
Report donny osmond March 16, 2019 7:56 PM GMT
a well earned  break from third division fare,

cheer up treetop !!!
Report peckerdunne March 16, 2019 11:55 PM GMT
Thats incredible.

There must be a list.

I cant actually decipher it,its so risky, so risque.
Report enpassant March 18, 2019 1:17 PM GMT
https://www.thecanary.co/opinion/2019/03/15/bbc-newsnight-has-found-a-new-way-to-shield-theresa-may-from-her-own-historic-defeats/?fbclid=IwAR2PN9S88lFMDf2cPcnvLCTVfmmwPggGTU5r2OMM8lsv7Ti7qXa-mosy4ts

'Instead of accurately reporting a government in meltdown, BBC Newsnight is acting as if it’s all a bit of light entertainment. The moviefication of a democratic crisis also serves to establish the BBC and its audience as passive observers rather than direct participants – like what we are observing is an inevitable unfolding spectacle, rather than a direct result of government and media failures.'
Report enpassant March 21, 2019 10:59 PM GMT
How many salmon pink/ bright red shirts are in the audience and get a question tonight ?
Report enpassant March 22, 2019 12:03 AM GMT
‘David Cameron made the referendum policy because he didn’t want to risk losing 10 or 15 seats to UKIP and look where it has got us’ This 16-year-old says the Conservative Party are responsible for Brexit.'
Report yajyaj March 22, 2019 12:08 AM GMT
Sos enp, we all been too busy laying tonight, Sky news was priority tonight I'm afraid Happy
Report enpassant March 22, 2019 12:08 AM GMT
'Fiona Bruce has taken on QT at one of the most difficult times imaginable with all the rancour, division and hatred that currently characterises this country.
In her first programme (Diane Abbott episode) I thought she was clearly biased but “be fair give her time” - say 3 times . 3 times have come and gone and I’m afraid after 30 years I will give up on being a regular viewer of the programme.
She seems to be unable to conceal her inherent pro-Tory bias - which is self evident in the way she give Tories ( and brexiteers in particular) free rein to speak but then quickly interrupts and repeatedly challenges labour ( or others on the left/remain ) on their views. She’s not alone in being a Tory supporter in the BBC but she doesn’t make a serious attempt to appear impartial.'
Report enpassant March 22, 2019 12:10 AM GMT

Mar 21, 2019 -- 7:08PM, yajyaj wrote:

Sos enp, we all been too busy laying tonight, Sky news was priority tonight I'm afraid

What's been going on, on Sky - I got rid of my licence so I can only use 'catch up tv' !

Report enpassant March 22, 2019 12:14 AM GMT
'Always enjoyed Question Time but last night might be the last time I stay up to watch it. I don't fly a flag for Labour but the programme concentrated on the Labour Party's failing and almost ignored the failings of the ruling party, the Conservatives. They are the ones who need to be held to account for calling a referendum and presiding over a completely chaotic Brexit process. Come on Question Time, step up to the mark. This is very disappointing'
Report yajyaj March 22, 2019 12:16 AM GMT
Ohh nowt exiting, just took most of the night to get the detail of the extension out, Tusk and Junka came out to give their press release at 10-45pm so bad timing for QT
Report enpassant March 22, 2019 12:19 AM GMT
I will await your review (and anyone elses) of this weeks QT once you have watched it. eat the rich are normally all over what is going on but I guess there is other news taking place also !
Report thegiggilo March 22, 2019 1:04 AM GMT
I had it on but was so dull i couldn't listen to it,again as soon as the name corbyn was raised boos etc etc agenda set,so predictable then instead of questioning government were quizzing labour bloke about brexit policy and jeering booing just same old chestnut.No doubt the antisemitism thing will be brought up again soon to deflect tory incompetence it's all so predictable,probably tommys mates phoning up jewish members again..Shocked
Report akabula March 22, 2019 1:46 AM GMT
I've seen some poor shows but this was in a league of its own.
Poor in the extreme but only to be expected with the boringly dull SF and DUP representatives.
Report treetop March 22, 2019 8:10 PM GMT
I don't fly a flag for Labour but the programme concentrated on the Labour Party's failing

You could have fooled me and most other posters on BF forums ep ! At least we can agree that this programme has passed its sell by date.
Report enpassant March 22, 2019 10:29 PM GMT
It is a quote.
Report enpassant March 23, 2019 10:19 AM GMT
Belfast Question Time: " And tonights first question is from............................................................Aaron Rankin"

.......first question came from Aaron Rankin, Chairman of the South Belfast Conservative Association. (Well spotted Daily Politik follower, Michael Brooker).

The rancids are just throwing the BBC under the bus now !
Report enpassant March 25, 2019 1:41 AM GMT
https://www.thecanary.co/opinion/2019/03/22/the-moment-bbc-question-times-fiona-bruce-showed-how-far-shell-go-to-protect-the-conservatives-from-scrutiny/?fbclid=IwAR1lvEBW9o1AwqfLNn7gyRHrMvB6NbuVrCbwH3f0sEnHhGXhEhxiJsfTxNs

'BBC Question Time took place in Belfast on 21 March. During the programme, host Fiona Bruce showed how far she’ll go to protect the Conservative government – and by default, its partners in the DUP – from scrutiny. Because one audience member arguably asked the most important question of the night. But thanks to Bruce’s diversion tactics, no-one ever heard the answer.

O’Dowd accused the UK government of ‘failing’ to implement the Good Friday Agreement – which guarantees a power-sharing arrangement between Republicans and Unionists – because it’s “in hock to the DUP”. The government needs to answer for that recklessness. Because it impacts on the north of Ireland, Brexit and the United Kingdom as a whole.

Clearly, though, we won’t see it held accountable for it on BBC Question Time with Bruce at the helm.'
Report akabula March 25, 2019 1:38 PM GMT
@enpassant The UK voted to leave the EU and that trumps everything.
The ROI are always free to join us if they feel that strongly.
Report donny osmond March 25, 2019 1:43 PM GMT
voted to implement good friday agreement

that trumps a referendum

unless you are joking again, of course
Report akabula March 25, 2019 2:09 PM GMT
i'll explain it again.
We voted to come out of the EU.
In the lead up to the referendum every politician said that meant leaving the Single Market and the Customs Union.
The government issued a pamphlet saying the same thing.
We voted knowing that.
So leave we must.
The border issue must be solved without impinging on the will of the UK people or causing a split in the UK Union.
Report donny osmond March 25, 2019 2:25 PM GMT
we voted to implement the good friday agreement

any indicative vote cannot over ride an international treaty

law will need to be changed by parliament if they wish to overturn gfi
Report akabula March 25, 2019 2:31 PM GMT
Or maybe the ROI and the EU could get their heads together and agree a solution with the UK.
That would be the sensible thing to do but the ROI have already shown their unhelpful hand in this.
Two ROI tax and customs experts were working on a solution until Varadkar put a stop to it.
Report donny osmond March 25, 2019 2:37 PM GMT
its not their job to sort it out. they agreed a deal with may...but may cannot
get the agreement past her own brexiteers...

currently a person born in n ireland can opt to be british
or irish, and take either passport, or both.

so british folk born in n ireland after brexit will be entitled to a european passport

i think they will need some larger maternity units
Report enpassant March 25, 2019 3:36 PM GMT
'In an astonishing exposé of the BBC’s underhand behaviour, Bregman slammed the show as “incredibly stupid” and its guests and presenter as “right-wing dinosaurs”, before essentially claiming that the producers had invited him on to the show under false pretences.

The left-wing historian also slammed the programme by accusing two of its regular guests – former Tory MP Michael Portillo and ex-Labour MP Alan Johnson – of simply making up facts to challenge him, changing the subject every 10 seconds, and constantly interrupting him so he couldn’t get his ideas across.'
Report treetop March 25, 2019 5:40 PM GMT
So,a left wing historian accuses the BBC QT programme of being right wing after years of right wingers accusing the BBC prog of being lefties and choosing extreme left audiences for years ? A welcome bit of balance !
Report enpassant March 25, 2019 6:33 PM GMT
Brilliant the way you take apart positions with clinical detail ^ Wow !
Report akabula March 25, 2019 9:42 PM GMT
Watch Rutger Bregman being dismantled.
I put a separate thread up on it.
Guy is clueless and full of misconceptions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6v70irTWTmM
Report akabula March 25, 2019 9:47 PM GMT

enpassant
'In an astonishing exposé

The only astonishing expose was how this guy was torn apart by Andrew Neil and co..
Report donny osmond March 25, 2019 10:12 PM GMT
andrew neil seemed to want to listen to him, without being won over

portillo just kept spouting stuff that had nothing to do with it, and they
all rather let him spoil the discussion, that might have been quite interesting.
Report enpassant April 6, 2019 9:50 AM BST
The teacher lambasting the tories on knife crime- a withering appraisal of tory culpability.

This is what happens when QT are pushed to let everyday people speak and not tory/ukip plants.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com