Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
melv
07 Jan 19 05:56
| Topic/replies: 15,754 | Blogger: melv's blog
Good price. Why ?.

Look; ask yourself this question. Do the real centres of power want us to stay in to leave the EU.

By centre of power I do not mean MP's , Parliament, Westminster, you, your vote or the concept of democracy.

MP's are powerless. Can't you tell. Open your eyes ffksake.

The real centres of power in this country are The City of London, The Bankers, International Finance, Whitehall and the admin bods. These are the powers that be. The country is in  total mess and virtually paralysed because that's the way they want it. The power centres will keep rubbing out noses in it until we realise our own stupid mistake when we trusted Cameron ( he actually caused all this to win an election. Nothing to do with benefits to the country or the economy).

The fact that the odds are 2/1; when non of the main pollical parties or the  main media  are pushing for a referendum; shows that we are waking up. You are all gamblers you know 2/1 shots come in all the time. You know how likely 2/1 is.

Now ask you self as a gambler and a human being; when all the politicians are promising us a "Good deal Brexit": are they lying through their teeth????????

The politicians via the admin bods and the friends family and relation in international finance have been softening us up from the very beginning. And we all know it. They want us so confused bamboozle and nauseated that we vote to just drop the whole thing.

BUT.

I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF WE DIDN'T VOTE LEAVE AGAIN.

AND THATS WHY LEAVE WILL NOT BE ON THE BALLOT.
Pause Switch to Standard View 2nd referendum 2/1
Show More
Report lfc1971 January 7, 2019 4:48 PM GMT
Wish we could go through it all again : )
with the same result of course
Report lfc1971 January 7, 2019 4:51 PM GMT
can you imagine , that would shut them up
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 4:52 PM GMT
https://betting.betfair.com/politics/brexit/eu-referendum-betting-latest-polling-and-odds-june-23-2016-230616-204.html

Found this that supports the view that the odds were much shorter than I recalled. Hard to put an exact time on when this was posted but I guess sometime just before the polls closed?
Report potlis January 7, 2019 5:10 PM GMT
diabetics start dropping because we can't import insulin!LaughLaugh

I can go online and order a package from the other side of the World and its guaranteed delivery within days, its called AIR FREIGHT, we import Thousands of tons of fresh (short life) produce in this way every year, strawberries, raspberries, cherries from California, peaches, nectarines, grapes from South Africa, but apparently its not going to occur to anyone to put essential medicines on a plane, no, they are going to be sitting in the back of a lorry stuck at the ports.
So People will die but fresh out of season fruit will still be available, Israel strawberries in Sainsbury's today, what? you thought they came by boat.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 5:13 PM GMT
The unfortunately named politicspunter has been corrected on referendum day prices before.

Leave was out to double figures or very near c mid-day. Edged in to c 5.5 at dusk.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 5:15 PM GMT
One only has to read the first sentence to know that that piece was posted on the morning of the Referendum.

I'm afraid that politicspunter has once again been found out for the absolute bluffer he is.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 5:19 PM GMT
Did he even have an interest in the referendum?
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 5:20 PM GMT
It's unlikely given his complete lack of knowledge on the way the market went. Still, he talks a good game don't you think?
Report moisok January 7, 2019 5:26 PM GMT
potlis  - it is going to be like Berlin all over again as we dust of the DC3s  and start flying in powdered milk and eggs.
I will put a white flag with red cross over my house roof for air drops .!!!

Am I the only one thinking ahead on here??
Report moisok January 7, 2019 5:27 PM GMT
ps  I was eating imported runner beans from Kenya the other day.  How did that happen??
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 5:27 PM GMT
There will be no planes flying over Great Britain after a no deal Brexit - I know this because jollyswagman told me.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 5:39 PM GMT

Jan 7, 2019 -- 11:15AM, jed.davison wrote:

One only has to read the first sentence to know that that piece was posted on the morning of the Referendum.I'm afraid that politicspunter has once again been found out for the absolute bluffer he is.

More personal abuse from jed. Have you not got something more interesting to do?
It doesn't say anywhere in the article what time it was posted. You are guessing it was first thing in the morning.
I won 6.5K on the outcome of the referendum btw.

Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 5:43 PM GMT
I don't believe you mate because you are clearly a clueless bluffer.

And I will tell you again, that article was posted on the morning of the Referendum, the tenses dictate that that was when it was written - it makes no sense otherwise.

If it really bothers you, I can find out from the author himself, I'm sure he keeps detailed records.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 5:46 PM GMT
It's raining in the UK and, in parts of the country, polling stations have been closed due to flooding.

I wonder how they worked out polling stations were closed due to flooding?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 5:49 PM GMT
If Joe Dyer couldn't deliver an article on a £55m market until late in the day, politicspunter could have his job.
Does pp know how much was traded on the market by its close on 24th June?
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 5:50 PM GMT
Then again, they could have guessed first thing in the morning that the polling stations would be shut because of flooding....
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 5:50 PM GMT

Jan 7, 2019 -- 11:49AM, unitedbiscuits wrote:

If Joe Dyer couldn't deliver an article on a £55m market until late in the day, politicspunter could have his job.Does pp know how much was traded on the market by its close on 24th June?

No, I have no idea.

Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 5:52 PM GMT
Qed
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 5:58 PM GMT
Polling stations opened at 7am politicspunter, so that information would have been available at 07.01.

Standard procedure when one has buried oneself in a big hole is to stop digging.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:00 PM GMT
I implore you to read the last sentence of the first paragraph if you remain in any doubt.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:01 PM GMT
And I implore you further to stop bragging about how much you've won on market with which you were clearly unfamiliar, you just make yourself look like Walter Mitty.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:12 PM GMT
You are a guesser jed. You have no idea when the article was posted.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 6:16 PM GMT
I do. If 55m was traded it was overnight 22/23 June 16.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:18 PM GMT
?? It says "Over £55 million has been traded in this market".
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 6:20 PM GMT
Correct.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:21 PM GMT
Thank you.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 6:24 PM GMT
Stick to shaving the free bookies bets, pp, you're out of your depth here.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:25 PM GMT
I can read mate, it was clearly written in the morning as I said in the first place. Please just stop being such a lemon and admit you were wrong.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:26 PM GMT
So it's well worth keeping up to date with the betting throughout polling day.

What time would you venture it was written? No need to be exact, just an approximate guess please.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:26 PM GMT
?? you have just said I was correct in quoting from the article unlike yourself, who just made it up.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:27 PM GMT
UB knows exactly how much was traded on the market, he's just amusing himself letting you witter on about something you clearly know nothing whatsoever about.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:27 PM GMT
I reckon it was written sometime before polling closed but I am not guessing (unlike you) exactly what time.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:28 PM GMT
Why would it interest me how much was traded?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 6:29 PM GMT
Sadly pp wasn't there when it happened.

Clearly from his posts.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:30 PM GMT
I'm not guessing the exact time, but I am telling you point blank that it was written in the morning and for you to even think otherwise - let alone try to convince others that you know what you're talking about - just makes you look a halfwit and exposes you as a bluffer. Not that that needed exposing anyway.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:30 PM GMT
I really can't understand why folks come on here just to be personally abusive to other posters.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:31 PM GMT
I don't do that at all, but you are arguing black is white so you need a bit of a straightener. The only sad part for me is that the straightener can only be verbal.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:32 PM GMT
I post my bets in advance, I post analysis in advance. I don't guess on things I have no idea about.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:33 PM GMT
You are doing exactly that here, and now you're telling us you don't do it LaughLaugh

Incredible scenes really, I guess you just have no idea what a fool you have made yourself look.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:34 PM GMT
jed, look back at your posts. It's just personal abuse after abuse, post after post.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:35 PM GMT
Are you trying to make me feel bad? It's not working, some people deserve nothing but abuse. Liars and Billy Big Bollox for instance. £6.5k? You're a comedian.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:35 PM GMT
I am not prepared to guess an exact time the article was posted. I don't know but I am certain it wasn't first thing in the morning.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:36 PM GMT

Jan 7, 2019 -- 12:35PM, jed.davison wrote:

Are you trying to make me feel bad? It's not working, some people deserve nothing but abuse. Liars and Billy Big Bollox for instance. £6.5k? You're a comedian.

More personal abuse, post after post.

Report donny osmond January 7, 2019 6:37 PM GMT
why so angry then jed?
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:38 PM GMT
Idiots annoy me, I don't mind admitting it.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:38 PM GMT
I've just sent Motty a message asking him what time that went up. I will post his reply as soon as I receive it.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:40 PM GMT
jed, why don't you simply look back at the USA midterm elections thread from November last year. That will give you an idea how much I bet on politics. Bets posted in advance as always.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:40 PM GMT
Wasn't Motty, was Max Liu. Motty just informed me Max Liu's an early riser and as a freelance that would have had to be early.

But then simply reading it would tell you that.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 6:41 PM GMT
politicspunter is wrong. jed is right.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:42 PM GMT
biscuits, where is the proof when the article was posted?
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:43 PM GMT
No mate, I didnt do any Brexit for Betfair. All my stuff was just for my site.
With Max, I'm guessing very early.
Maybe night before. He's freelance.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:45 PM GMT
maybe he was psychic if he knew that polling stations were closed due to flooding?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 6:45 PM GMT
Proof can be provided, but that would involve a forfeit from the party proved wrong.
How are we going to sort this, pp?
Report donny osmond January 7, 2019 6:46 PM GMT
night before would be my favourite...

not sure its worth abuse if i'm right or wrong though.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:47 PM GMT
Well, if there was a posting time on the article it would solve it but there doesn't appear to be.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 6:50 PM GMT
Even £6.5k written before noon, pp?
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:51 PM GMT

Jan 7, 2019 -- 12:50PM, unitedbiscuits wrote:

What do you mean?

Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 6:55 PM GMT

Sorry, that's an accidental trap bet. Published before noon?
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 6:57 PM GMT
Sorry, you have lost me.
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 6:58 PM GMT
dig dig LaughLaugh
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 7:00 PM GMT
Like being bluffed all the way to the river, your opponent turns over jack high and insists your full house is second best. Absolutely priceless.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:01 PM GMT
jed stated that the article was published early morning, you doubted it; therefore, do you want to put your money where your mouth is, politicspunter?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:09 PM GMT
Even signifies a bet at even stakes or 2.0 on here, pp.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 7:14 PM GMT
Do you mean you want me to bet on when the article was posted?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:16 PM GMT
Not necessarily, preferably just admit you are wrong.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 7:17 PM GMT
Wrong about what in particular?
Report jed.davison January 7, 2019 7:17 PM GMT
Then his whole charade falls down, not going to happen.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:17 PM GMT
Before we take the trouble to prove it.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 7:18 PM GMT
At least give me a clue exactly what you wish me to bet on?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:25 PM GMT
The time of the published article.
AM of PM.
PM gives politicspunter's claim a fig-leaf of credibility.
AM blows it out of the water and exposes him as a romancer.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 7:30 PM GMT
Errm, jed suggested it was written after 7.01 am, hardly midday.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:31 PM GMT
Erm, erm ,erm..

Stick to arbing the free tenners, pp..
Report donny osmond January 7, 2019 7:32 PM GMT
its possible article was written and odds added in later , at time of publication

those odds and the polls he talks about dont exactly match up, yet he makes no comment
about that.

he does talk about a farage interview on morning of poll, so my "last night" is out, but
it still rings of an article written night before, with updates to me.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 7:34 PM GMT
the free bets route has proved very profitable over many years with no possibility of losing (except for exchange commission).
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 7:35 PM GMT

Jan 7, 2019 -- 1:32PM, donny osmond wrote:

its possible article was written and odds added in later , at time of publicationthose odds and the polls he talks about dont exactly match up, yet he makes no commentabout that.he does talk about a farage interview on morning of poll, so my "last night" is out, butit still rings of an article written night before, with updates to me.

I agree that is likely.

Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:39 PM GMT
Correct. The article was submitted and the figures added later. £55m? My guess would be c 9-10am polling day.

jed has left politicspunter flailing on the canvas, blindly trying to locate his gumshield like a wino groping for a crumpled pack of ****.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 7:41 PM GMT
As you say, you are guessing.
Report jollyswagman January 7, 2019 7:42 PM GMT
There will be no planes flying over Great Britain after a no deal Brexit - I know this because jollyswagman told me.

try and keep up jed, i posted before christmas that the eu has unilaterally taken action which means planes will be flying.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:44 PM GMT
Circular argument..then you are invited to put your money where your mouth is..and you cringe away.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:45 PM GMT
Above to pp, of course.
Report enpassant January 7, 2019 7:46 PM GMT

Jan 7, 2019 -- 8:10AM, enpassant wrote:

I will not be drawn into one of your insult tangents - put them up if you have them

Oh- He has managed to divert another thread onto pointless tangents.

Report moisok January 7, 2019 7:46 PM GMT
No airy planes    - it looks like the old brandy smuggling will be dusted down and opened up on the SW coast

yo ho ho and a bottle of rum
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 7:46 PM GMT
What exactly do you want me to bet on and how is it going to be proven?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:55 PM GMT
What exactly do you want me to bet on and how is it going to be proven?

Your own credibility. Since it hinges on the timing of an article that you dredged up yourself in support of your claim that 1/4 and 3/1 were the referendum prices on the day.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:57 PM GMT
If the article was published in the afternoon, you may emerge with a shred of credibility.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 7:57 PM GMT
How are you going to prove the exact time the article was posted on the site?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 7:59 PM GMT
Never mind how, what are you staking on it?
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 8:00 PM GMT
Simply tell me the rules before I consider my stake.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 8:02 PM GMT
Time of article verified by betfair.
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 8:03 PM GMT
Your claim has no validity if it was published before noon 23/6/16.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 8:03 PM GMT
Time published on betfair website?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 8:04 PM GMT
yes.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 8:06 PM GMT
ok, I am prepared to bet that the article was published on the betfair website later than jed suggested (7.01 am). Is that ok with jed?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 8:08 PM GMT
The forum has seen more backbone in a tin of sardines.
Report donny osmond January 7, 2019 8:09 PM GMT
if betfair can tell us what time article was published , why not go whole hog and give
us historical odds by the hour...
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 8:09 PM GMT
I am prepared to bet on it, how clear can I make it?
Report unitedbiscuits January 7, 2019 8:20 PM GMT
I'm afraid you don't know what you are talking about politicspunter.
You are an unreliable witness to the 2016 ref, if you were ever there at all.
Report politicspunter January 7, 2019 8:24 PM GMT
You mean jed is not prepared to place a bet on it?
Report donny osmond January 7, 2019 8:43 PM GMT
here is an article timed at 11.00 am

suggests the odds on betfair article are from after 11.00 am
even if article was written before.
Report donny osmond January 7, 2019 8:43 PM GMT

http://www.cityam.com/243942/eu-referendum-betting-odds-remain-have-soared--per-cent
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com