Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
melv
07 Jan 19 05:56
| Topic/replies: 7,212 | Blogger: melv's blog
Good price. Why ?.

Look; ask yourself this question. Do the real centres of power want us to stay in to leave the EU.

By centre of power I do not mean MP's , Parliament, Westminster, you, your vote or the concept of democracy.

MP's are powerless. Can't you tell. Open your eyes ffksake.

The real centres of power in this country are The City of London, The Bankers, International Finance, Whitehall and the admin bods. These are the powers that be. The country is in  total mess and virtually paralysed because that's the way they want it. The power centres will keep rubbing out noses in it until we realise our own stupid mistake when we trusted Cameron ( he actually caused all this to win an election. Nothing to do with benefits to the country or the economy).

The fact that the odds are 2/1; when non of the main pollical parties or the  main media  are pushing for a referendum; shows that we are waking up. You are all gamblers you know 2/1 shots come in all the time. You know how likely 2/1 is.

Now ask you self as a gambler and a human being; when all the politicians are promising us a "Good deal Brexit": are they lying through their teeth????????

The politicians via the admin bods and the friends family and relation in international finance have been softening us up from the very beginning. And we all know it. They want us so confused bamboozle and nauseated that we vote to just drop the whole thing.

BUT.

I WOULD NOT BE SURPRISED IF WE DIDN'T VOTE LEAVE AGAIN.

AND THATS WHY LEAVE WILL NOT BE ON THE BALLOT.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 152
By:
melv
When: 07 Jan 19 05:58
Look; ask yourself this question. Do the real centres of power want us to stay in or to leave the EU.

Checked it 3 times then as soon as I post I can see em all.
By:
flushgordon1
When: 07 Jan 19 08:13
Bollix
By:
jed.davison
When: 07 Jan 19 09:02
Melv's delirium shows no sign of abating. Sad to watch.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 07 Jan 19 09:14
My take:

A second referendum can only happen if the EU unanimously agrees to adding more time to the process. We cannot hold the referendum in the time available so need longer.

That means the EU holds a massive amount of influence on us (again).

Therefore, I think it highly likely that if we say to them that we are going to have another vote where the two options are Deal or No Deal then they're just going to say no. No Deal is awful obvs but from their point of view the uncertainty and can kicking has to end.

I reckon the only way the EU gives us more time to hold another referendum is if No Deal is taken off the ballot and the two options are Deal or Remain.

And I don't think the government - as much as they may personally want to - can go through with that without being utterly rinsed.

Said this before, 2nd referendum is a no-go for me. We'll go to the cliff edge. May's deal still isn't getting through. Redwood's knighthood is up there with the DUP's millions in most comical attempts at bribery and it's clear that she can do what she likes but she ain't getting this deal through Parliament. Still don't think they're going to do No Deal though. Talk of food not getting through (say goodbye to bananas and tomatoes apparently), medicines stockpiled, jobs lost. They aren't going to push the button when there's so much actual evidence of how bad it'll be. You've got the potential for manslaughter suits if, for instance, diabetics start dropping because we can't import insulin! No. The only answer at that point is to suspend A50, give themselves space and then have another look without a ridiculously tight window in which to get everything done.
By:
jed.davison
When: 07 Jan 19 09:20
You've got the potential for manslaughter suits if, for instance, diabetics start dropping because we can't import insulin!

You are George Osborne and I claim my £5.
By:
jed.davison
When: 07 Jan 19 09:22
This second referendum - Mrs May has ruled it out categorically, as has Mr Corbyn.

Unless there is some kind of nationwide Damascene conversion and we all vote Liberal Democrat, how is it going to happen?
By:
thegiggilo
When: 07 Jan 19 09:28
Everyone was saying it was a cert a month ago,thats when it was 6/4 could never understand the prices think no even touched 4/5 crazy..
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 07 Jan 19 09:31
jed - if your best hope is "well May said she wouldn't do it, so there's no chance" then I need you email address so I can send you an exciting proposition that only requires your bank details and date of birth.
By:
jed.davison
When: 07 Jan 19 09:39
That is not my 'best hope' - it is the position outlined in both the Labour and Conservative manifestos at the last election, and subsequently reinforced by the Leaders of both parties on several occasions.

It is not me dreaming here matey, it is you. Dreaming of another referendum, and while you dream my friend the world moves inexorably on towards our departure from the European Union.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 07 Jan 19 09:43
For the avoidance of any doubt, I'm not a fan of and nor do I think there will be a second referendum. Been pretty clear about that from the get go.

But I'm just chortling at the idea that you think because May said she isn't going to do anything that means she isn't going to do it.

This country seems awfully full of people who are doing their level best to refuse to learn from history.
By:
politicspunter
When: 07 Jan 19 09:45
Which bookie is this 2/1 with?
By:
thegiggilo
When: 07 Jan 19 10:06
I did some canvassing for the peoples vote and everyone i spoke too wanted the opportunity to have a vote on it,but as has been seen its virtially an impossibility now.
By:
jed.davison
When: 07 Jan 19 10:13
With which aspect of the original People's Vote were you dissatisfied giggolo?
By:
melv
When: 07 Jan 19 10:44
No
£134
£88
£25
£228
£493
£1212

Yes

£114

£31

£75

£11
By:
politicspunter
When: 07 Jan 19 11:46
errm, melv, that's not 2/1.
By:
politicspunter
When: 07 Jan 19 11:47
It nearly is though.
By:
enpassant
When: 07 Jan 19 13:13

Jan 7, 2019 -- 3:22AM, jed.davison wrote:

This second referendum - Mrs May has ruled it out categorically, as has Mr Corbyn.Unless there is some kind of nationwide Damascene conversion and we all vote Liberal Democrat, how is it going to happen?

Labour's position does not rule out another vote.
But I guess if one takes May's assertions as truth then truth has lost all meaning to you.

By:
politicspunter
When: 07 Jan 19 13:17
May "there won't be a general election" truth or May " we vote in December 100% on the proposed deal" ?  Don't believe a single word she says.
By:
jed.davison
When: 07 Jan 19 13:32
Here's enpassant taking a day off from picking the Arsenal team.
By:
politicspunter
When: 07 Jan 19 13:43

Jan 7, 2019 -- 7:32AM, jed.davison wrote:

Here's enpassant taking a day off from picking the Arsenal team.

??  What has that got to do with this thread?

By:
politicspunter
Wrong forum?
By:
enpassant
Oh brave little soldier jed- always playing the man and not the ball when challenged - but brave...oh so brave.
By:
politicspunter
When: 07 Jan 19 13:44
I get it now, it was just personal abuse from jed.
By:
enpassant
When: 07 Jan 19 13:48
So let's try to get back on track here.

Corbyn has stated Labour's position and it does not rule out another vote.
By:
enpassant
When: 07 Jan 19 13:51
"
Labour plays waiting game over second Brexit referendum

Leadership wants to keep options open despite growing calls to back ‘people’s vote’
"
By:
enpassant
When: 07 Jan 19 13:54
"At last year's Labour Party conference a motion was passed which said if another general election is not called then Corbyn should pursue another referendum on Brexit.

Speaking about the motion he told reporters the policy was "sequential" on a range of issues, adding: "The issue of another referendum was, of course, one of the options, but that was very much after the votes have taken place in Parliament."
By:
enpassant
When: 07 Jan 19 13:55
So a party and their leader quite clearly NOT ruling out another vote.
By:
jed.davison
When: 07 Jan 19 14:00
He has ruled it out on several occasions in the last year alone, if you were a worthy interlocutor and not a complete nincompoop I would cut and paste a couple of quotes for you.
By:
enpassant
When: 07 Jan 19 14:10
I will not be drawn into one of your insult tangents - put them up if you have them
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 07 Jan 19 14:10
And we would heartily laugh at them over and over again if you think that would stop Labour pushing for another vote if they now thought it was in their interests.
By:
jed.davison
When: 07 Jan 19 14:20
I will leave you silly people to clutch at straws.
By:
politicspunter
When: 07 Jan 19 14:21
Go and abuse folk elsewhere please
By:
jed.davison
When: 07 Jan 19 14:27
You sanctimonious poltroon, who are you again? Some two-bob punter who thinks he knows it all and knows naff all.
By:
donny osmond
When: 07 Jan 19 14:39
jeds lost it again on a discussion thread

Sad
By:
lord skywalker
When: 07 Jan 19 14:49
all coming out now, anti brexit adverts appearing everywhere , 200 mps want the PM to say there wont be a  no deal, when will mps relize that people want change, sick of the rich getting richer and the poor getting poorer
By:
lord skywalker
When: 07 Jan 19 14:55
labour want to frustrate brexit at every point and wouldnt accept any kind of deal , lib dems live in a world of their own and want to say you got it wrong first time around lets do it again, what was the point of the vote in the first place if youre gonna just frustrate it at every point, i will tell you why because the establishment thought it was a done deal that remain would win by a country mile, odds of remain on the morning of the vote were 1/10 but slowly crept up during the evening and the rest is history, cameron thought he couldnt lose.
By:
donny osmond
When: 07 Jan 19 15:06
simply not true

corbyn has always wanted brexit, whereas may, and boris and many tories are swayed by
chance of power and seem to not care one iota what happens so long as they gain from it.
By:
politicspunter
When: 07 Jan 19 15:11

Jan 7, 2019 -- 8:55AM, lord skywalker wrote:

labour want to frustrate brexit at every point and wouldnt accept any kind of deal , lib dems live in a world of their own and want to say you got it wrong first time around lets do it again, what was the point of the vote in the first place if youre gonna just frustrate it at every point, i will tell you why because the establishment thought it was a done deal that remain would win by a country mile, odds of remain on the morning of the vote were 1/10 but slowly crept up during the evening and the rest is history, cameron thought he couldnt lose.

The odds were not anything like that.

By:
politicspunter
When: 07 Jan 19 15:17
https://news.ladbrokes.com/politics/british-politics/bookies-braced-for-eu-referendum-day-betting-frenzy.html

1/4 remain, 3/1 leave.
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com