Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
tanglefoot
30 Jul 18 21:51
| Topic/replies: 12,244 | Blogger: tanglefoot's blog
Spreading fake news about food shortages and other nonsense if U.K. goes to WTO, never seen such shyte spoken by supposedly intelligent people,belief me u will not even notice on 29 March 2019 that we have left.
Planes will still fly to Europe, we will still eat EU tomatoes,god know what these organisations are taking in their green rooms

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 32
By:
donny osmond
When: 30 Jul 18 22:01
i thought we were growing our own tomatoes, and not flying to europe

we are taking back control
By:
donny osmond
When: 30 Jul 18 22:01
so long as we have stockpiles of theresas medcines we will be fine
By:
gutfeeling
When: 30 Jul 18 22:09
Food shortages.

Interviewed by Channel 5, Ms May confirmed that plans for stocking up on essential goods are underway – in case imports from the EU are cut off by clogged ports, or regulatory disputes.

But, asked it was “alarming” for people, the prime minister said: “Far from being worried about preparations that we are making, I would say that people should take reassurance and comfort from the fact that the government is saying we are in a negotiation, we are working for a good deal.

“I believe we can get a good deal, but, it’s right that we say – because we don't know what the outcome is going to be – let's prepare for every eventuality.”

She added: “This is not just about stockpiling. That concept, what it is, is about making sure that we will be able to continue to do the things that are necessary once we have left the European Union, if we leave without a deal.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dominic Raab finally confirmed the government was making extraordinary plans to stockpile food in case the negotiations fail – having refused to do so two days ago.

He told MPs the task would be overseen by industry, rather than Whitehall, and refused to go into any further detail.

In a TV interview on Sunday, Mr Rabb refused to discuss his no deal planning – sparking accusations that he was keeping the public in the dark about the reality of crashing out.

Asked again, by the Brexit committee, he said “technical notices” in the coming months would set out the preparations to keep supermarket shelves well stocked.

Mr Raab argued: “It would be wrong to describe it as the government doing the stockpiling. And, of course, the idea that we only get food imports into this country from one continent is not appropriate.

But we will look at the issue in the round and make sure there is adequate food supply.”

The Brexit secretary added: “I’m not going to give more detail until I can set it out in a responsible and full fashion.”

So the PM and the Brexit secretary have said stockpiling food is a plan because of shortages but it's untrue, So the people in charge of selling us Brexit are now lying too.

Medicine shortages.

I'm not bothering to copy paste as you'll just dismiss it anyway but in case you don't heres a link on the subject.

https://www.pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/news/millions-of-patients-could-be-affected-by-no-deal-brexit-medicines-shortages-says-mhra-chief/20205240.article?firstPass=false
By:
donny osmond
When: 30 Jul 18 22:18
if mays insulin runs out a small boat will take her to dunkirk for daily injections

no problems
By:
tanglefoot
When: 30 Jul 18 22:30
I can guarantee u that they are eating veg,getting fat,driving cars, flying in aeroplanes in Kenya and they are not members of the EU
By:
gutfeeling
When: 31 Jul 18 01:58
Haha all of the places to pick, My lodger has a place in Kenya plus a wife & child.
When I see him tomorrow I'll talk to him about the differences between here & Kenya..Beyond that he works here for 4 months a year and lives like a king there off of it...oh and the food is garbage, Always comes back 2st lighter despite eating at all the best places.
More tomorrow..
By:
flushgordon1
When: 31 Jul 18 08:01
Lodger!
By:
gutfeeling
When: 31 Jul 18 08:27
Old friend really but given how little time he now spends in the UK he sold up but still comes back for a few reasons (Children here from previous relationship plus a seasonal job which he enjoys that pays well) & it's quite tricky for him to find rental properties for 4 month leases hence he stays with me & the family...Calling him the lodger winds him up so obviously I do it constantly Grin
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 31 Jul 18 08:57
tanglefoot has guaranteed there'll be no problem.  what's the Prime Minister and her senior Brexit negotiator bleating on about?  don't they use the betfair forum? TANGLEFOOT HAS GUARANTEED A SMOOTH BREXIT FFS.
By:
DIE LINKE
When: 31 Jul 18 09:42
never seen such shyte spoken by supposedly intelligent people

aka, the leave campaign.
By:
posy
When: 31 Jul 18 11:36
tanglefoot i'm in complete agreement with you.Reminds me of the Y2000 scare when it was said traffic lights would stop working,planes would fall out of the sky etc etc.An absolute joke to think we'll have food and medicine shortages.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 31 Jul 18 12:01
posy - do you know why everything worked at the turn of the millennium?

Because a lot of smart people prepared for it and ensured the systems had been tested and wouldn't crash.

The irony of this though is the OP calling it fake news and reply #3 confirming that they were simply reporting the words of our own government. You boys need to educate yourselves on what the word fake means.
By:
mafeking
When: 31 Jul 18 12:30
some farcical piece on newsnight last night where some bloke claimed we'd run out of sandwiches in a no deal brexit !?!

emily maitlis just lapped it up when i suspect most people watching whether leavers or remainers would have been splitting their sides
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 31 Jul 18 13:10
there is just no way there'll be any disruption by a no deal Brexit because so many betfair forumites are making it clear there wont be.

The practicalities of the rules which govern air travel, and freight transport which vanish with Brexit will be replaced because of abracadabra.  Magic.

Obviously I'm being sarcastic.  Seriously it's going to be interesting in an academic sense because we'll have a demonstration of the operation of a modern State in a way we don't ever get to see.  (I'm not praising the EU by the way - non-member States all have a normally functioning State) it's just going to be interesting to see what the State actually provides which we are so used to that we don't realise it's there.  Like we cannot tell the earth spins as fast as it does but would notice if suddenly it stopped.

And obviously there will be no disruption if all the tasks which need doing are done (like agreeing the new frameworks for everything with the EU which we already have as members but wont have as non-members until they are agreed).  If all these detail things are not worked out, then of course there'll be disruption.

random forumites confirming it'll all be fine are obviously hoping that's true - everyone is - but there's no basis for such confidence.  The people in charge have so far demonstrated a high degree of incompetence in my opinion so no reason to assume they'll suddenly become highly efficient.
By:
mafeking
When: 31 Jul 18 14:02
it was just the way it came over. it was more like a sketch from a comedy show than a discussion on a supposedly serious political programme. maitlis made no attempt to challenge what the sandwich man was saying
By:
InsiderTrader
When: 31 Jul 18 14:06
Some people just love their rules and clipboards and tick boxes.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 31 Jul 18 14:35
https://twitter.com/BBCNewsnight/status/1024050135469240320

What a thicket.
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 31 Jul 18 14:59
Some people just love their rules and clipboards and tick boxes.

yeah, f'kin air-traffic controllers needing all them rules.  what a bunch of libtards, should just man up and let the f'kin planes go where they want...

shakes head for the 1085th time at this crew.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 31 Jul 18 15:07
Imagine making sure our food is fit for human consumption, Bloody box tickers.
By:
Roquebrune
When: 31 Jul 18 16:54
Last month I bought a nice lettuce and a pound of tomatoes,just in case.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 31 Jul 18 17:27
Just saved a fortune getting my medicines from a guy in the car park. Said he was a pharmacist but didn't bother with those lefty forms.

Can't believe I've waited so long.
By:
gutfeeling
When: 31 Jul 18 18:31
Found a dead rat in the garden earlier, Stored away in freezer for a rainy day.
By:
donny osmond
When: 31 Jul 18 18:37
will the polish food shops be well stocked ?
By:
gutfeeling
When: 31 Jul 18 20:09
Cabbaged.
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 31 Jul 18 20:17
Found a dead rat in the garden earlier,

Labour rat was it?
By:
TheGoldenVision
When: 31 Jul 18 21:22
Because a lot of smart people prepared for it and ensured the systems had been tested and wouldn't crash. 

B0ll0x... false news after the event.

The smart people didn't have a clue as to what would happen.

They collectively shat themseleves and crossed their fingers.

However, the "experts" foretold of doom, disaster and armageddon.

The experts were wrong, the smart people were wrong and the numpties (taking a bow) made a lot of money!!!

I thankyou LaughLaugh
By:
tanglefoot
When: 31 Jul 18 22:06
I’ve personally lived in a country,which had severe world wide trade sanctions placed on it, the people just got on with life,people are very resilient, they always find a way forward
By:
Rockinron
When: 09 Aug 18 15:58
Two **** channels - who's controlling such C rap narrative ?
I get my News now from RT Laugh
By:
1st time poster
When: 09 Aug 18 17:40
you've got to love sky preaching about plastic in the sea environment etc .the long distance swimmer been followed by a boat belching gallons of petrol,diesel,oil into the sea and both sides showing hours of coverage of the vanity project about the return of bluebird gushing 1000,s of tonnes of fuel .oil into loch bute,both sides dispense people around the world to report on someone farting and then bang on about the environment
By:
1st time poster
When: 09 Aug 18 17:41
not to forget their umpteen reports on millions of people flooding to the beeches leaving god no,s what behind
By:
Rockinron
When: 10 Aug 18 17:31
When's Piers back ...at least he's funny !
By:
treetop
When: 10 Aug 18 20:24
Saw  an article about House of Fraser closing on BBC News this morning,all of two minutes. If that had been Trump f@rting they would have gone on about it for half an hour. British news apparently irrelevant.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com