Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Burt06
14 Feb 18 15:06
| Topic/replies: 3,792 | Blogger: Burt06's blog
That is the option before us all.

The 17.4 million mighty and noble Brexiteers have opted for the path of hope against fear. We will be internationalist, not nationalist, outward looking, not insular. We will engage with the world once again with our vision of hope and ingenuity. We will reach out to old friends whilst offering our neighbours a good deal. We are of the people and for the people.

Some in the minority still wish to peddle fear. Daily prophecies of doom and gloom intended to terrorise the majority will of course fail and should stop. One lunatic on this very forum is closing in on 150 threads of fear peddling. We the people must reject the path of fear and choose hope.

So believe in your country, choose your country and most importantly, choose hope over fear.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 423
By:
bigpoppapump
When: 14 Feb 18 15:09
Turkey is joining the EU

Population 76m

Project FEAR
By:
tony57
When: 14 Feb 18 15:12
wonderful post...speaking from the heart and the head..thank you burt06
By:
moisok
When: 14 Feb 18 15:16
turkey are putting pressure on the eu right now to get special visas for their citizens
By:
melv
When: 14 Feb 18 15:18
I am full of hope.

I believe in my country,  I choose my  country.

But my country is divided. You divided it.
By:
moisok
When: 14 Feb 18 15:20
I know there is resistance from some in the eu hierarchy to refuse entry or visas, but I hadn't seen this little gem till a minute ago

http://www.france24.com/en/20180207-turkey-says-it-has-met-eu-criteria-visa-free-travel

they can say give the visas or we will open the flood gates

so its either millions of turks or millions of migrants or both  ho ho
By:
InsiderTrader
When: 14 Feb 18 15:27
Tony57,

Do you have any views on Corbyn saying there should be no limits on immigration to the UK?

There is a feeling by some on the left that birthplace is not something humans can control and everyone should be welcome to the UK.

Others on the left put British workers before foreigners.
By:
tony57
When: 14 Feb 18 15:44
if that was the opinion i would be against it as you know,..corbyn has a big problem on this issue his problem with the eu has always been democratic ..the immigration is not a proirity unless its impacting our workers ..cheap labour ..he always attacks buisness for bringing in cheap labour..im sorry to say he needs to up his game big time..but he is under pressure from within the party and 65% of the party who voted to remain..i belive labour will cut immigration ..but only at the low skilled level..and end fom..but the numbers will not be a great reduction if labour win,..but remember..if your not happy with a labour goveremnt..you vote them out ..we will have the control...were atm we do not..
By:
InsiderTrader
When: 14 Feb 18 16:03
The Tories also have no track record on cutting numbers either.

If both main parties do not deal with chain migration and illegals then theoretically being able to cut numbers from the EU will make no difference.

The war to keep bring in a merit based immigration system is far from won.
By:
donny osmond
When: 14 Feb 18 16:21
hope v fear v reality
By:
donny osmond
When: 14 Feb 18 16:25
removing student numbers from immigration figs before next election will boost
figures to suit.

tories running high immigration now will make it easier to  claim they are cutting
the rate of immigration at some later date to suit electioneering....
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Feb 18 16:58
student numbers should not be included in immigration figures, as long as they are genuine students
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 14 Feb 18 17:22
Was going so well till the paranoid brexiteer kicked off with the fearmongering on the second reply!Laugh
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 14 Feb 18 17:25
3rd
By:
Burt06
When: 14 Feb 18 20:45
^^ Counting not a strong point of these fear peddlers.Wink
By:
donny osmond
When: 14 Feb 18 23:19
yes but its easy......

they want a deal more than us.....

boris is more worried about rees mogg than the british people
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 14 Feb 18 23:20
Plenty of hope about, Burt.
We can reverse the damage done and avert the disaster to come.
#fbpe
By:
thegiggilo
When: 15 Feb 18 01:53
Wallflower 14 Feb 18 22:59  

All this Hope and Fear nonsense -  just more babbling from half-wits like Johnson, e.g. "Brexit means Brexit" , and similar inane soundbites. Still prattling on how Brexit will be better for all.

They don't get it - most people accept its happening (leave and remainers), what everyone now wants to know is HOW THE F*CK IS IT HAPPENINGLaughLaugh AND WHAT DOES IT MEAN PRACTICALLY?Laugh Laugh

(oh yeah - you better inform the EU they are very interested, though getting somewhat bored with this never-ending speech nonsense)

Absolutely pathetic and very very insulting to everyone listening. Not one shred of a plan or a practical implementation detail 18 MONTHS LATER. We are a f*ckin joke of a country to be governed by clownsLaughLaugh so clearly out of their depth.LaughLaugh..

Let the betfair forum sort it out they're really clued upLaughLaughit's great car crash tv anywau most enjoyable.Cool
By:
melv
When: 15 Feb 18 05:29
On the subject of Johhson why I am the only one who just heard a load of rambling bumbling kefuffle. He throws a bit of Latin in so the plebs (sic) will think he's a genius.

He talks in Latin to impress you pie pint and **** good old boys that he wants out of Europe as much as you.

Latin???? anti EU?????? why am I the only sane person around.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOhhhh I get it talking nonsense worked for Trump. The plebs loved it. Ah ha.

Really????? are you really going to fall for it.
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 15 Feb 18 08:38
Yes. Yes they are.
By:
InsiderTrader
When: 15 Feb 18 09:28
Trouble with remainers in general is they have no vision. They just want to be led into a United States Of Europe with one flag, one army, one currency and one dictator. They are followers not leaders with a strong desire to be controlled.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 15 Feb 18 11:54
There is nothing remotely hopeful or positive about quitting the EU.
You only have to read the Brexit posters on here to know that people voted for it out of a sense of grievance. You can't dress it up, it is the triumph of negativity and withdrawal; half the people of this country think so and most of the rest of the world sees it as narrow minded, mean spirited tantrum, local to an island off Europe with poor weather.

As we learn on the sporting field:

"Once a quitter, always a quitter."

#fbpe
By:
moisok
When: 15 Feb 18 12:11
just reading inside traders latest

one flag, one army, one currency, etc reminds me of certain leaders of the last reich  - didn't it conclude with one volk or something  - Mr hilter of weston super mare and a Mr Gob  as well

They were in favour of expanding to the east just like the EU has been doing - no wonder mr P got upset.

how did that all work out??
By:
moisok
When: 15 Feb 18 12:15
ah yes  Ein Volk   - and what a load of rubbish he did spout too.
By:
donny osmond
When: 15 Feb 18 13:18
hardly surprising right wingers might think of that

then try to attribute it elsewhere

project fear innit.....

if brexits best hope is hope itself, then be affraid......

( sorry to butcher fdr)
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 15 Feb 18 14:30
Brexits 'Liar in Chief' has said that we need to respect the will the people, so now that things are clearer the democratic will of the people will be served by asking them to ratify the final deal!
ONLY THE PEOPLE CAN FIX THIS!

Amen to that sentiment.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 15 Feb 18 14:36
Interestingly, tonight's QT features Camilla Cavendish, who is already making the case for the informed referendum:

www.ft.com/content/213fa842-dc35-11e7-9504-59efdb70e12f
By:
moisok
When: 15 Feb 18 14:41
But will they continue to expand eastwards?
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 15 Feb 18 14:43
Let WWII go, Mo. We know you like to pretend you were part of it, but you weren't.
By:
tony57
When: 15 Feb 18 15:37
it is time the goverment set out what it expects...if it is doing a deal for 2years then explain, otherwise tell us the whats going on..if the ue are saying no..tell us..i just wish they would prepare for a wto...instead of this have your cake and eat it ...if the eu dont want a fair deal..lets just get out ..
By:
Foinavon
When: 15 Feb 18 16:02
melv
15 Feb 18 05:29
Joined: 19 Feb 06 | Topic/replies: 5,569 | Blogger: melv's blog
On the subject of Johhson why I am the only one who just heard a load of rambling bumbling kefuffle. He throws a bit of Latin in so the plebs (sic) will think he's a genius.

He talks in Latin to impress you pie pint and **** good old boys that he wants out of Europe as much as you.

Latin???? anti EU?????? why am I the only sane person around.

Having read this, I thought the least I could do was listen to what BoJo actually said so just watched it on playback and listened to the QA session too.
Nowhere did I hear him utter a single phrase of Latin and I had my hearing aid in so heard every word. He has command of a rich English vocabulary which some might not fully comprehend but with melv being an educated man, I have to give him the benefit of doubt and assume he wasn't listening attentively.
Boris actually made some good points which confirmed statements made by Mrs May in her speeches, notably that we are leaving the EU, the single market and the customs union. Also, there will not be a second referendum.
All in all, a reassuring speech, but not one that fervent Remainers would want to hear.
By:
donny osmond
When: 15 Feb 18 16:02
time is ticking for gb manufacturers

they wont be able to sell nissan parts to usa or australia.....
By:
donny osmond
When: 15 Feb 18 16:05
we are a few months on from mays speech

we would HOPE that boris could have updated, not parrotted
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 15 Feb 18 16:09
I haven't heard Boris' speech - but I have read the criticism in The Guardian which is pretty withering. Mockery is the worst thing for a prospective leader, and I think he has  blown his opportunity.
By:
Foinavon
When: 15 Feb 18 16:10
There are some who tend to forget what Mrs May said. They think we could have the Norway/EFTA option...Wrong.
They think there will be a second referendum... wrong.

As for manufacturers of Nissan parts, they will continue to sell them to Nissan.
By:
Foinavon
When: 15 Feb 18 16:13
Read the criticism in the Guardian? You make me smile. Listen to the speech yourself and make up your OWN mind.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 15 Feb 18 16:14
My money would be on Gove for next Tory Leader. He does have a patron with unrivalled influence and very deep pockets.
By:
Foinavon
When: 15 Feb 18 16:16
It's too early to tell. You often find an outsider comes up on the rails in Tory leadership contests. I'm keeping an eye on Raab.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 15 Feb 18 16:21
Foinavon: I read the speech he made on the week-end after the ref when he was PM-in-waiting. Yesterday's looks similar in gist - unity etc - but freighted now with unintended pathos (according to The Guardian).
By:
PorcupineorPineapple
When: 15 Feb 18 16:32
With Donny here. The time for politicians glibly repeating stock phrases and trite message is over. We know we're leaving. We know they don't plan on having a second referendum. How's about filling in some of the gaps and giving us some reassurance that you've the remotest clue how to handle both the negotiations and the necessary planning to make sure our infrastructure can cope with the changes ahead and public services will be funded in the future.

I think this game of "playing our cards close to our chest" is both pointless (if it were true) and one of the big factors causing uncertainty here. If you want the country to unite, then maybe don't treat the 48% as if they don't matter and don't treat the electorate as a whole as idiots who will be satisfied with a "brexit means brexit" every few months.
Page 1 of 11  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 11 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com