Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
melv
27 Sep 17 19:09
| Topic/replies: 7,212 | Blogger: melv's blog
Why?

(1) Because both Labour and Tories are even money. The wisdom of the market of opinion.
(2) Because things will go from bad to worse for the Tories because Brexit will go from bad to worse.
(3) For the above reason the Tories will continue to tear each other apart. Nevermind Heseltine and Clarke.
(4) For all of the above reasons the Tories will not have the energy to govern and will fk every crisis up.

Also Labour is full of beautiful idealitstic young people bursting with energy and new ideas.[b] [i]Bring it on like[/i] LaughDennis Skinner I cannot wait.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 155
By:
bongo
When: 27 Sep 17 19:55
Because things will go from bad to worse for the Tories because Brexit will go from bad to worse.

Of the 10 self-governing territories in North and Western Europe, 9 are better off than their nearest EU neighbour.
So the odds are that it will get better.
And with the adults entering the negotiations after the next German coalition is formed, sense will prevail. We will keep free movement of workers for a transition period that will last our lifetimes.
By:
lfc1971
When: 27 Sep 17 20:02
^ that would be illegal.
By:
Burt06
When: 27 Sep 17 20:07
Boris will lead the Tories to a majority at the next election.

You heard it hear first.Cool
By:
lfc1971
When: 27 Sep 17 20:14
Its 5 years away so not something to think about now.
By:
lfc1971
When: 27 Sep 17 20:39
Labours campaign in 2017 was one of the worst for the last 70 years, getting 151 fewer seats than Blair in 2001.
They are not electable outside their traditional areas, and even there may find that support slips away over the next years.
By:
The Leopard
When: 27 Sep 17 21:54
In 1 month there will be a snap election
By:
anxious
When: 27 Sep 17 22:16
Bullingdon boris and the tories Laugh
By:
pogle
When: 28 Sep 17 16:03
The hard left Labour Party had their best chance at the last election when nobody gave them a chance , the consequences of their policies were not examined deeply and a variety of voters protested at the arrogance of the Tory campaign.
The more Labour portrays itself as a government in waiting the less chance it will have.  ( ref Kinnock/ Sheffield/ Smugness).
By:
gilbzy
When: 29 Sep 17 23:42
As the only real and true Brexit party leader Im sort of tempted to vote for him..
By:
lfc1971
When: 30 Sep 17 08:16
Corbyn is determined to keep Britain in the EU, don't trust him .
By:
lfc1971
When: 30 Sep 17 08:24
But when an mp he voted against EU legalisation ? Yes, when we were in the EU.

But he voted to trigger A50 ? yes when we are in the EU

He will respect the referendum result ? Yes as long as nothing changes .

He is a very shifty individual , do not trust him or anyone who voted remain.
They don't deserve to be trusted.
By:
sageform
When: 30 Sep 17 13:29
Corbyn wants out. As he said in one of his recent interviews, his plans for nationalization and state aid are only possible if we are out of the EU. This has been my fear all along, once we have left and Labour reach power, he can nationalize businesses without compensation to shareholders, effectively halve the value of property, and if that proves unpopular, cancel future elections. I don't underestimate what he is capable of if the British electors give him the chance. I foresaw that possibility before the Referendum but at that point I didn't see it happening in my lifetime. Now it could be within 12 months.
By:
Dotchinite
When: 30 Sep 17 15:56
Corbyn isnt the issue. He is merely the idiot they are using to get elected. Within a month of Labour winning an election the PM will be McDonnell.

Given how soon even he realises his policies will create a financial crisis I doubt they would last in Government more than 12 months regardless of the majority they might have won.
The biggest issue is just how much damage they can do in such a short time. Certainly pensioners with non index linked
annuities are going to be ruined as are people who have saved their money and hold it in cash.
Unemployment is certain to soar but who knows how quickly that could be reversed once a saner Government takes over.

Like sageform says I never thought we would seriously be looking at electing people who have no respect for private property and could be capable of god knows what if they ever gain power.

What it really shows is just how gullible a sizeable percentage of our population is.
By:
unitedbiscuits
When: 30 Sep 17 16:37
What it really shows is just how gullible a sizeable percentage of our population is.

52% will have a lifetime of disappointment. A tragi-comedy for the 21st century.CryLaugh
By:
lewisham ranger
When: 01 Oct 17 00:30
Dotchinite 30 Sep 17 15:56 Joined: 19 Apr 04 | Topic/replies: 6,030 | Blogger: Dotchinite's blog
Corbyn isnt the issue. He is merely the idiot they are using to get elected. Within a month of Labour winning an election the PM will be McDonnell.

errr why?
By:
Dotchinite
When: 01 Oct 17 13:48
McDonnell is already leader in all but name but whereas Corbyn has managed to create a kindly principled image that many of the gullible have fallen for its clear to even them what a sinister and unpleasant individual McDonnell is.
Once Labour have won power Corbyn is no longer needed and will be removed pretty quickly.
By:
Lampus
When: 01 Oct 17 14:06
LaughLaugh
By:
anxious
When: 01 Oct 17 14:16
More Alice in wonderland stuff from Dot
By:
Dotchinite
When: 01 Oct 17 14:25
Another exciting contribution from anxious. Some things havent changed during my absence.
By:
anxious
When: 01 Oct 17 14:47
i have been away too , i was thinking the same about your usual anti -labour posts
By:
Dotchinite
When: 01 Oct 17 15:01
Im not anti Labour at all but im anti Labour extremists like McDonnell who openly state they are marxists and have no regard for basic values such as private property.

Equally I dislike the threats and general hatred that people like him have for anyone who dares disagree with them and even if you cant see how dangerous they are some of us can.

For the record if the election had been a choice between May and Tom Watson id have voted Labour.
By:
anxious
When: 01 Oct 17 15:21
Jeremy and Mcdonnell are not the extremists in this country, its the tories and their financial controllers that are the true dangers
By:
Dotchinite
When: 01 Oct 17 15:23
Now that really is Alice in wonderland stuff although as before you are just on the wind up.

Do me a favour anxious. Dont reply to my posts if you are just going to try to get a bite with nonsense. Im not interested.
By:
anxious
When: 01 Oct 17 15:26
Dot im sorry but its the truth . just because you believe they are extremists millions of others take a different view
By:
anxious
When: 01 Oct 17 15:29
Thats the problem here the tories cannot accept that wrong on lots of issues , the biased right wing foreign owned billionaire media try every time to discredit people who do not believe the tory lie machine
By:
Dotchinite
When: 01 Oct 17 15:41
Its not the truth. Only a total cretin would suggest "the Tories" are the real extremists and McDonnell is the voice of reason.
"Millions" of people DONT believe that at all.

Now go away. Im not going to bother answering any of your childish nonsense again which im convinced is just to get a bite.
By:
anxious
When: 01 Oct 17 16:01
Dear me you are resorting to verbal abuse today, your inabilty to discuss different opinions says a lot
By:
anxious
When: 01 Oct 17 16:02
Dont tell me to go away either your not in charge on here
By:
Dotchinite
When: 01 Oct 17 16:15
You dont discuss anything. Your initial response was "More Alice in wonderland stuff from Dot"

I stopped posting here over the summer purely because discussion had become impossible and its already clear I was stupid to return.
You could have questioned my original post as theres plenty of evidence suggesting McDonnell is the real power and that he wants the top job.
But you dont. You just try to get a bite and fair play to you you managed to get under my skin. I will disappear again for good as lifes too short for this sort of rubbish.

However you are correct that I shouldnt have used the word cretin in my last post and I apologise for that.
By:
anxious
When: 01 Oct 17 16:22
You dont have to apologise Dot , i dont report people not like some , however it would be sad if did not contribute theres not many left on here now anyway
By:
melv
When: 01 Oct 17 18:08
On here its never left wingers who try to silence people who do not agree with. We must post more if people try to silence us. I wear my "mentally ill traitor badge with pride" but I would never advocate the silencing of free speech.
By:
melv
When: 01 Oct 17 18:11
On here its never left wingers who try to silence people who do not agree with left wingers. Its always the right wing in my experience.
By:
jed.davison
When: 02 Oct 17 14:34
There is a difference between attempting to silence people who disagree with one, and pointing out the idiocy and wrong-headed dogma which influences the thinking of dolts.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 02 Oct 17 18:22
It is very worrying that Labour do have a realistic chance of victory ihmo. I agree with some of their ideas at present but have absolutely no faith in the personnel.

Take Corbyn in point. I do think he is relatively honest and at least principled but he also does not get it. Refugees welcome here is not a slogan to spout. The British people have voiced their opinion and still our Politicians don't get it.

The defence of their policy is woeful. Corbyn has almost hit the zeitgeist but is equally capable if ruining all the goodwill he has built up.

The Tory Civil War and battle of self interest is going to blow up soon. We are all in trouble. Can't see much good coming from the polticians. We are going to have to do it in spite of them.
By:
treetop
When: 02 Oct 17 19:45
Corbyn has almost hit the zeitgeist but is equally capable if ruining all the goodwill he has built up

Fair point,last week reminded me of the Neil Kinnock celebratory style at Sheffield before losing an election.The press will pick up on that in time and repeat the display of honesty that Corbyn demonstrated on a virgin train in time.
By:
sageform
When: 04 Oct 17 08:28
melv, regardless of who posts on here, contrast and compare the "demonstrations" and threats to delegates at the Tory conference by anti tory demonstrators with the comparable response to the Labour conference. On the whole, right of centre voters respect democracy and do not threaten violence on those who support left wing views.
By:
treetop
When: 04 Oct 17 16:44
Just waiting for the Hope not Hate movement,so active against UKIP,to start demonstrating outside the Labour party HQ now ?
By:
anxious
When: 04 Oct 17 16:47
I thought Farages great boast was that ukip would replace Labour in its Northern Heartlands Laugh
By:
donny osmond
When: 04 Oct 17 16:54
sageform

have you forgotten bnp, edl etc etc
Page 1 of 4  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML