Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Whatoddswouldyoulike
07 Jun 17 23:38
| Topic/replies: 81 | Blogger: Whatoddswouldyoulike's blog
https://www.league.org.uk/blog/dont-turn-back-the-clock

Posted 7th June, 2017
Author: League Against Cruel Sports

When you vote today you have the life of a 7 week old fox cub in your hands. How you vote could be the difference between a fox cub being protected, or legally hunted and killed for sport. If we do not take that responsibility seriously the result on Friday could lead to the repeal of the hunting ban. Your vote may decide the fate of thousands of deer, foxes, hares and mink.

Since it was passed the Hunting Act has protected thousands of animals, it has ensured that fox cubs like Vinny cannot be legally hunted and killed. When you think about your vote ask yourself which candidates will keep Vinny and his animal friends safe from being the victim of brutal blood sports.

If everyone who cares about animals and wants to preserve their lives votes for the candidate that also wants to safeguard their future, we can stop the Pro-Hunt lobby in its tracks. We can send the message that we want to protect fox cubs, and do not want to see a world where the hunting and killing of animals for sport is acceptable. If we don’t take a stand now hunting could return before the year ends. We could see deer, foxes, hares, and mink lose the protections that shield them from hunters.

When you vote today, please take a moment to think of the fox cubs like Vinny who rely on the protection of the hunting ban for their survival. Think about the deer, hares and mink that depend on the ban to preserve their lives.

Your vote matters; don’t let them turn back the clock.
Pause Switch to Standard View Just in case anyone cares about wildlife
Show More
Report invicta June 8, 2017 12:39 AM BST
whilst I detest fox hunting or any hunting of wild animals I could never bring myself to vote for corbyn, if foxes have to be killed to save the country, sorry.
Report thegiggilo June 8, 2017 12:43 AM BST
It's like the death penalty will never happen..
Report thegiggilo June 8, 2017 12:43 AM BST
It's like the death penalty will never happen..
Report Whatoddswouldyoulike June 8, 2017 11:42 AM BST
What won't happen? Mrs May has clearly stated her intention, in the best traditions of animal cruelty, to have a vote to repeal the hunting ban. As the vast majority of Conservative MPs are  in favour of blood sports and almost all other MPs are against them, depending on the size of the majority there is a real chance of returning to the dark ages of torture and killing of wild animals for "a bit of a laugh".

I am no fan of Corbyn but I don't believe Labour has a chance of winning the election and have therefore voted for my local animal-friendly Labour MP in the hope of helping to limit the Tory majority. I'm not expecting many people to have this issue high on their agenda but it's hugely important to me.
Report ufcdan June 10, 2017 8:08 AM BST
It's no secret who I support politically wise, however Theresa May ran a truly awful campaign. Introduce the hard measures you need to take once your in power. The so called Dementia tax should of been bought in after the election, typically the left complain about the state of the service but don't want to pay for it along with so it seems a bunch of old rich Tory voters Crazy face come the next election quite a few would be alive or have their marbles so no need to worry about revenge voting.
On to fox hunting I have always agreed with it, I think a lot of the opposition against it is because of the perceived idea of the people who go hunting, many working class country folk take part. There is a need to keep the fox population down and this is where my support comes in, when a pack of hounds catch a fox it is dead unlike shooting, trapping, poisoning etc where the animal could have a long lingering death. That said I do feed the foxes in my garden and am always amazed by the way of appreciation they mange to place turds on items in my garden such as my boots, footballs, base of the bird feeder etc etc Crazy
Report ufcdan June 10, 2017 8:11 AM BST
Oh yes was going to add while as I do support fox hunting, 8 out of 10 people do not ! So why put it in a manifesto when there where so many more important issues to be dealt with, as I say truly woeful campaign Mischief
Report bongo June 10, 2017 11:02 AM BST
Vinny CAN be legally hunted and killed.
Afaik, the final blow cannot currently be administered by a pack of dogs though, even though hunting with dogs is about as successful at killing foxes as backing Clive Brittain horses in Group races.
Hunting and killing Vinny using traps, poisons, and guns is just fine. And destroying the habitat of Vinny is fine too. Well done Labour - you've no idea of 2nd order effects.
Report sageform June 10, 2017 12:10 PM BST
I am much more concerned about the shooting and poisoning of 30% of the Golden Eagles in the UK and many similar issues. No effective deterrent. I hope that the political turmoil does not mean that conservation will be ignored.
Report Whatoddswouldyoulike June 11, 2017 4:26 PM BST
The pest control myth is perpetrated by those who believe it is their divine right to torture and kill animals for fun. This is purely about sport for a group of sick individuals.
As for the idea that a fox dies instantaneously when caught by a pack of hounds, there has been a pile of evidence over the years to show that this is not necessarily the case and that it can be a horrific experience for the poor animal, though clearly sufficiently exciting for those on horseback to warrant a celebratory blowing of the bugle.
Recent statistics imply that 84% of the UK population is in favour of the hunting ban.
Before the election, the two most popular subjects on Facebook on which people were “deeply critical” of the Conservative Party were the NHS (442,000 users) and fox hunting (340,000 users).
Thankfully there is a small but growing section of the Conservative Party that recognises the need to move on from this primitive, barbaric ritual undertaken by neanderthals.
Report sageform June 11, 2017 5:10 PM BST
The fox hunting debate is the biggest nonsense ever. We never seem to see a campaign against pest control companies going round poisoning rats or mice or killing wasp nests. It is purely a class issue and nothing to do with animal welfare.
Report Whatoddswouldyoulike June 11, 2017 6:05 PM BST
Ignorance is bliss.
This is not just about foxes. The Hunting Act also relates specifically to the protection of deer, mink and hares. Repeal of the ban would result in flagrant abuse of all of these animals.
Also be aware that the League Against Cruel Sports is there to protect the interests of vast numbers of species, including various birds, and certainly not just foxes.
The idea that this is simply a class issue is absolute tosh.
Report sageform June 11, 2017 6:55 PM BST
So are they campaigning for rats and mice? If not, why not.
Report ufcdan June 11, 2017 7:19 PM BST
Mink.........few ive heard it all now Angry not native to our country unlike the fish in our lakes and rivers who they eat. Not like the native ducks etc whose eggs they eat. As usual total tosh coming from the anti's Crazy
Report ufcdan June 11, 2017 7:19 PM BST
Not few FFS Angry
Report anxious June 11, 2017 7:23 PM BST
The dogs should be set on the tories
Report ufcdan June 11, 2017 7:25 PM BST
Glad your on my side anxious nothing more fun than setting dogs on dumb animals Wink
Report Whatoddswouldyoulike June 11, 2017 10:36 PM BST
As usual, the clueless Tory bigots and their followers lack a basic understanding of the facts but still try to impose their will against the wishes of 84% of the people. I can’t believe I once voted for this hideous bunch of buffoons who are happy to see animals toyed with in the name of sport, people left homeless on the streets and the NHS falling into an appalling state of decay. 
Oh well, I suppose it takes all kinds.
Report ufcdan June 11, 2017 11:16 PM BST
The clueless Tory bigots still in power CoolWink
Report Whatoddswouldyoulike June 11, 2017 11:21 PM BST
In power by the skin of their teeth and only because there is no viable opposition. A vote for Corbyn is economic suicide and a vote for May's mob is social suicide, which is why I would not normally vote for either. Or any other UK party that currently exists.
Report anxious June 11, 2017 11:22 PM BST
Not for long they wont be , be away with you before the dogs savage you for breakfast Angry
Report anxious June 11, 2017 11:23 PM BST
In office in name only
Report anxious June 11, 2017 11:25 PM BST
Viva la Revolution Excited
Report thegiggilo June 11, 2017 11:35 PM BST
I wouldn't get too carried away yet fella,there have to be some moderates in the shadow cabinet chuka and dan jarvis are natural vote winners and dan jarvis will win over tory vote ex serviceman fought in iraq and was posted in kosevo,helps war veterans and fights against child poverty.He is probably one of the very few selfless MPS that exist,impossible to dislike,i still think it's 50/50 that labour get it right,if they do it could be something special they need to cost everything to the finest detail and get everyone on board.
Report sageform June 12, 2017 10:49 AM BST
agree with ufc about mink. I live on the Somerset Levels and volunteer on wildlife reserves. The wardens are constantly trying to control mink which are taking eggs and chicks every day. Only yesterday I saw one carrying a half grown Water Rail chick along the path towards me.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com