Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
melv
07 Jun 16 18:58
| Topic/replies: 7,212 | Blogger: melv's blog
Ok I’m sad that it looks like are out of Europe. Hope the idealistic dream isn’t lost for ever and the whole thing falls apart into warring nation states as was the norm.

But Brexit is a con is it not? You voted Tory coz Cameron said he would lead the out campaign if he did not get his demands. Liar.

Now look what you get. With 2/3 of MP’s as “Stay” they will only pass Brexit- lite legislation when the treaty is ratified. Which will probably take 10 years. I doubt you will notice the difference.

And you will love this. When the pound falls 20% the Russians, the Chinese, the Arabs and every murderous dictator on the planet will fill his boots with property in the UK. That of course includes Euro billionaires which could easily be parity with the pound. So good Olde England will be mostly owned by Muslim billionaires. And all you patriots will get is over priced housing in the South East. Worth it? For what? What did you really think you would get? Exemption from the Human rights Act?.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 16  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 16 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 604
By:
gambeano
When: 07 Jun 16 19:23
..the Russians, the Chinese, the Arabs and every murderous dictator on the planet will fill his boots with property in the UK.
And all you patriots wil.l get is over priced housing in the South East.

melv, I think you need to get out more.
In case you haven't noticed, we have most of that already, so what have we got to lose?

I personally didn't vote Tory, although I fully agree with you that Cameron is a liar of the utmost quality.
He didn't get his demands, that's the whole point.
He got watered down demands from an apparently re-formable EU.
They basically called his bluff and now we have to call both his and theirs.
By:
Shab
When: 07 Jun 16 19:36
So the pound will fall but housing will become expensive because foreigners would own it.

Your doctorate in economics was money well spent.
By:
melv
When: 08 Jun 16 08:52
Falling pound makes all UK assets cheap to the dollar and other currencies. The predators will pile in and market demand will push prices up still further.

How does that mean prices go up with pound down? Here's an example £ down 20% so dollar price of property down 20%. Increased demand forces property up 10%. And there you have 10%  inflation which spreads to the non luxury market and to the rest of the South east.

Infact if money floods into the London property market then prices develop a snowball impetus of their own.

BTW if anyone is dreaming of trying to control these 3rd world slaving sharks please remember that the Brexit argument is that we embrace Africa; all the rest; and all those lovely corrupt dictatorships. Or is Brexit world going to get picky after the event? How?
By:
Captain Wurzel
When: 08 Jun 16 14:30
Good post melv - wasted on the thicko's here though.
By:
gambeano
When: 08 Jun 16 15:15
Yep, I'm afraid we're all thicko's...
Those of us who have seen the light and formed our own opinions based on what is happening in our everyday lives, rather than what DC and Remain are telling us.
Those of us that aren't going to be bullied by the EU and their cronies on the basis of scare-mongering, 'official' forecasts.
Just look what happened the last time the people of this country were hood-winked into believing a dodgy dossier that turned out to be a lie!
By:
Pounf
When: 08 Jun 16 15:22
I think we`re screwed if we remain and screwed if we go. Certainly in the short term. The long term play is to get out, but there`s gonna be a lot of pain before we get near recovering, but its better than throwing the towel in and bending over....
By:
DIE LINKE
When: 08 Jun 16 15:33
Johnson (desperate to become PM), Gove (motivated by revenge following demotion, wants a top job under Johnson) and IDS (motivated by revenge, wants to complete the mess he made at the DWP) are the con artists. All three are happy to accept the consequences of Brexit to achieve their own personal ambitions, in fact Brexit is the only way they can achieve them.
By:
bilbobaggins
When: 08 Jun 16 15:48
All three are the only principled politicians in this whole sorry affair.
By:
Gin
When: 08 Jun 16 16:17
All the talk of the chaos that would be caused by the £ depreciating is a red-herring.

For sure, the pound will dip on a Brexit but not for long – buy the rumour, sell the news is a pretty good rule of thumb with the markets.

But let’s say the pound does dip on Brexit – Do you realise that in the last eight years or so the pound v The Dollar
has at various points:

Dropped 30% (2008)

Dropped 14% (2009-2010)

Dropped 15% (2014-2015)

Did disaster befall us then?

Despite being told that the £ is "plummetting" due to Brexit worries, it stands at similar levels to 2009 and 2010.
By:
DIE LINKE
Priceless, bilbobaggins, absolutely priceless. Laugh
By:
Gin
* versus the $
By:
ZenMaster
When: 08 Jun 16 16:41
This is not a personality competition.
That is for the tribal baying mob.
'Yeah Man U are sh1t cos Giggs is snake'

Come on, there are plenty of decent folk on both sides that support their argument, we just aren't seeing or hearing from them because the media like the friction of how it is now.

This is a decision forever perhaps, Farage, Boris , Gove, IDS etc etc will be long gone in 50 years time.
Other characters will be at the fore, many of those characters have not been born yet.
So lets not make decisions because who is going to be in charge in July.
There is a long road ahead for our children's children and there on.
By:
anxious
When: 08 Jun 16 16:51
Please do not blame Manchester United for this sorry farce zen Plain
By:
Burton-Brewers
When: 08 Jun 16 17:26
spivs
By:
bongo
When: 08 Jun 16 19:34
It's a referendum on leaving the EU, not one on leaving the Single Market.
So what sort of shape are the currencies of those countries that  are not in the EU but in the Single Market.
Iceland - price of bread over £2, same in Norway, same in Switzerland
They have hard currencies.

But let's take melv's logic at face value - let's say hundreds of foreigners start converting their dollars into pounds to buy streets in Burnley and Guildford. What effect will that have on the UK currency?
That's why freely floating currencies without capital controls and free markets generally have made the world a better place, because it is possible to trade stuff you have but don't want that much for stuff that you do want. And countries without free market economies like Greece and Venezuela are generally fecked.
By:
Whisperingdeath
When: 08 Jun 16 19:47
If anything the Pound will become a stable currency and even a safe haven as the Eurozone self destructs.

The Remain Campaign seem to be concentrating on the bad news for the UK but for The European Project that was originally abandoned in 1945 it will be the end of the begining.
By:
Si-K
When: 09 Jun 16 02:27
Firstly i dont think "English patriots" give a toss that millionares will buy mansions that cost more than they will earn in a lifetime thrice over

Secondly the pound will not drop 20%

I mean the story from the REMAIN side (Which seems to change by the day) is there will be LESS INVESTMENT... Yet you say The worlds wealthiest will flood here and buy up mansions lol
By:
Si-K
When: 09 Jun 16 02:28

Jun 7, 2016 -- 1:36PM, Shab wrote:

So the pound will fall but housing will become expensive because foreigners would own it.Your doctorate in economics was money well spent.

LMFAO .. LaughCry

By:
Si-K
When: 09 Jun 16 02:30
Do yourselves a favour and go an take a look at the pound to dollar ratio for past 5 or 10 years. Completely debunk that BREXIT is destroying the pound LMFAO

LIARS LIARS and gullible little sheep there to be kept in place like good little sheep.
By:
melv
When: 10 Jun 16 16:59
How can it not be a con as Brexit fans don not even know what they are voting for or against. Brexit does not imply any change in immigration policy. Free movement of labour will probably still apply as is does to non EU Norway and Switzerland both of which have higher EU immigration than the UK.

You  have no clue about what you are voting for have you? We will need a separate vote in parliament to remain in the European economic area. With all its rules and regulations; which we will have to abide by but will now have no say in legislating. As pro EU MP's dominate parliament they are  not going to vote against EEU membership.

I supposed you will be demanding a general election. Good luck :) Westminster is not going to commit suicide by risking a right wing land slide caused by angry anti-immigration voters.

If you knew what a con job this was and what a liar Cameron is would you still have turned to the Tories in such numbers?
By:
Burton-Brewers
When: 10 Jun 16 17:16
Free movement of labour will probably still apply as is does to non EU Norway and Switzerland both of which have higher EU immigration than the UK.

that is only by per capita melv, Norway only took in 70,000 immigrants last year. On density Norway ranks 213th in the world, Switzerland 65th and we are 22nd. In 2017 the Swiss have also said they are going to reduce immigration numbers despite what the EU say
By:
melv
When: 10 Jun 16 17:31
Fair comment Burton. The Devil is in the detail but no-one has looked at the detail; have they? least of all voters. Its all down to feeling threatened by darkies and hating hearing Polish or whatever on the bus. Isn't it.

I hope the shtte state of the campaign is clever trickery by Cameroon to get the non right wing majority off their apathetic arrrrses. Hope it works. I'd be  rather happy ATM if I was Brexit.
By:
The Knight
When: 13 Jun 16 23:59
melv

Completely agree with you.

I have heard two different people today come out with the following sh*te about voting to come out.

1/ 'We have got to stop these Syrians coming in'

Since when did Syria get in the EU?

2/ 'We don't want to let Turkish people in'

Oh Christ, what nonsense. Here is why. Suppose you see the house of your dreams at a price you can afford. You check it out and all look fine including the fact you will have good neighbors. However, perhaps if the neighbors look dodgy you might think again.

But surely, surely you don't pull out on the basis that the current good neighbors MIGHT sell to someone bad!!! Turkey are not in the EU yet, so worrying about that is plan stupid.

We really are thick in this country and this crucial EU vote should not be in front of a nation which is largely incapable of making such an involved choice.
By:
Shab
When: 14 Jun 16 00:32

Jun 13, 2016 -- 5:59PM, The Knight wrote:

melvCompletely agree with you.I have heard two different people today come out with the following sh*te about voting to come out.1/ 'We have got to stop these Syrians coming in'Since when did Syria get in the EU? 2/ 'We don't want to let Turkish people in'Oh Christ, what nonsense. Here is why. Suppose you see the house of your dreams at a price you can afford. You check it out and all look fine including the fact you will have good neighbors. However, perhaps if the neighbors look dodgy you might think again. But surely, surely you don't pull out on the basis that the current good neighbors MIGHT sell to someone bad!!! Turkey are not in the EU yet, so worrying about that is plan stupid. We really are thick in this country and this crucial EU vote should not be in front of a nation which is largely incapable of making such an involved choice.

So we must be stupid because we don't agree with you? All 20 million of us who are voting Leave? Have you thought, just for a minute, that there may be another explanation?

You should read Polly Toynbee's piece in today's Guardian. She basically says the same thing as you. Then read the comments from the Guardian readers. They must be stupid too.

By:
Wildone
When: 14 Jun 16 07:17
As an Australian I think UK/Britain whatever is nuts to stay in the Euro. Absolutely nuts.

I have been to most countries in Europe more so than UK and let me tell you I will not set foot in that place again if at all until they get their **** together. What a mess Europe is, an absolute disaster and its getting a lot worse.

Talk about the cons wanting to stay in Euro.

The only thing Britain can do is leave. In fact if Britain stays I am writing off Britain as a wasteland!!!

Not worried about the Moody's, Standard and Poor bullshit artists either.

Let me tell you, don't look a gift horse in the mouth. This is probably the last chance for Britain to decide to control their own destiny!!!. Europ is bad, it looks bad it is very wrong at the moment, who the **** is kidding who.  Forget the politicians, main street knows there are really problems with the roosters coming home to roost, time to get the **** out!!!!

People say people will switch conservative and stay as the polls get closer for fear of the unknown. That rhetoric is absolute madness!!!!!

If anything Britain needs to get the **** out while it can and hell if a miracle happens in Europe get back in later!!
By:
Wildone
When: 14 Jun 16 07:21
I tell you what, Braveheart would not take it up the arse from Europe either and can't see why Ireland would want to be Brussels bitch either!!!

Britain **** me, what would Churchill say????
By:
lfc1971
When: 14 Jun 16 07:48
Very interesting and honest assessment Wildone from outside this sorry mess that Europe is becoming. But when you have the level of stupidity of people like The Knight and Melv who have the ignorance and arrogance to sneer at people who may be worried about Turkey being a potential EU member, and who are worried about the millions coming into europe from Syria and every other hellish place on earth, we are in big trouble in Britain.

Everyone recognises the sound of the fire that has broken out in Europe.
It will be too late when the fire is spreading rapidly
By:
zorrostrikes
When: 14 Jun 16 08:03
warring nation states?

NATO vs Warsaw Pact. (modern studies 101)

being part of a trading group has nothing to do with keeping the peace.

there's a bigger correlation between TV keeping the peace. People are able to see everything in the late night news. Better informed. Less likely to go to war if you know your leaders are playing games.
By:
Wildone
When: 14 Jun 16 08:18
I think BRexit is simple.

If it smells like ****, if it tastes like **** , it probably is ****.

Lets face it, you dipped your toe in the water, thinks are very far from fine, the smart thing is to exit.

The referendum is happening for a reason, the concerns are real, take heed and you can always go back after the pilot scheme is rectified for production.

If Europe falls totally on its face and Britain is in it that will be far worse for all concerned including neighbours like France and Spain!!! If Britain is out providing a benchmark to correct any crazy stances being undertaken inside the Euro everybody can be better with the counter measure formulating a balancing measure. The last thing Britain would want to be is entrapped like Greece with no room to move and some far away executive pushing a button not in your favour!!

When I went to Europe I saw a few different countries doing things differently making it interesting with a point of difference creating variety to spice the palate. Now it seems the same problems in a lot of different areas that have been consumed into a cesspool of motives devoid of any benefit to the inhabitants except a few at the top pulling a few strings.

Does Britain want to be a puppet of imperial European masters or global masters with no say in how they want to live and prosper?
By:
bongo
When: 14 Jun 16 08:27
Melv has got it:
We are leaving the EU and we are staying in the EEA. The composition of MPs will stay broadly the same for the next 4 years anyway, and they will decide it's the EEA.
An arrangement that works for some of the richest and happiest regions of the world - NOR/ICE/IoM/JER/LIE/SWI

But will Melv now vote Leave in order to be better off.
Or still vote Remain?
By:
zorrostrikes
When: 14 Jun 16 09:24
i'm a mad scientist and have cloned myself a million times... just so I could vote a million times in the EU referendum. get us out now.
here are some numbers i came up with.... 10% - 12,890 - st56 - down 12 - up 67
By:
mobo
When: 14 Jun 16 14:58
NATO - we are members and likely always will be.  Forget all these expansionist policies into the east from the eu

napoleon, germany(twice) and now germn... cough cough  I mean the eu, have tried it again.
It ends in disaster every time you point east!!! Russia knows the west's record on this and what they have done to their country.  You wonder why putin the vlad gets support. The west has a bl0ody record
By:
baNjackst
When: 15 Jun 16 21:36
If UK don't vote to leave everyone in Europe will suffer. The muppets of Brussels that dictate policies, the right and wrongs of everyones business and who can travel to EU countries are Not Slowly but rapidly destroying civilization. Political Invasion must stop and the democratic elected govs of each country should determine the policies, rules and laws of their own land.
In Europe criminals are treated that well that their is no deterrent to committing crime, Hate preaching is freedom of speech, money overrides morals.

The warning to all who are not sure and those who are sitting on the fence is that this is and will be the last chance to get out of a failed union. At the rate the UK are obliged to hand out passports to foreigners who live in UK for a period of time a leave vote will not be feasible in the future.

Get out and lead the way for similar countries to leave.
By:
grappler
When: 15 Jun 16 23:59
mobo says; NATO - we are members and likely always will be.  Forget all these expansionist policies into the east from the eu

napoleon, germany(twice) and now germn... cough cough  I mean the eu, have tried it again.
It ends in disaster every time you point east!!! Russia knows the west's record on this and what they have done to their country.  You wonder why putin the vlad gets support. The west has a bl0ody record

a bloody record? none bloodier than russian intervention. 2 countries invaded poland in 1939, one of them was ussr/russia, which stole estonia, latvia, lithuania and tried the same against finland. it then proceeded to keep these unfortunate people under their control by murdering and exiling those that protested to siberia. even AFTERT ww2, millions of balts, poles, czechs, ukrainians, magyars, ethnic germans(sorry if ive missed anyone out;there were so many) and untold others were brutally deported, for the 'crime' of being 'anti soviet'. the red army murdered and raped its way across europe 'liberating' people from tyranny, and promptly replaced it with another. putin is an ex kgb brute who cannot differentiate between the ussr and russia. he said the end of the ussr was' a catastrophe'. the people of eastern europe do not see it that way.

only a simplistic, mind-bogglingly superficial interpretation of history would come up with such bollox as 'the west has a bloody record'. how does this idiot imagine the russian empire was formed? trade agreements? it was a staggering imposition of power upon the powerless that is unprecedented in the 'west'. if there were a truth and reconciliation debate in russia(no chance under a state media) the russians would vie with the nazis for nastiness.

the ussr, having connived with hitler to carve up eastern europe pre-war, took advantage of the situation it had created to enforce its will on the poor knackered countries that it had been instrumental in destroying. the ussr wanted the nazis to attack and destroy western 'capitalism' so they signed up with a sworn ideological enemy to further the aim of socialism. cynical beyond belief.
By:
Wildone
When: 16 Jun 16 01:56
BanJacket is right, the EU is the embodiment of a power structure to commit evil and repress. Only the elite can prevail in the EU.

As an example based on posts in this forum UK loses fishing grounds but ag is subsidised but apparently the steel industry in UK can't be??

The fact is Britain and all others do not observe a market of choices but it sub servant to Brussels.

Not only that Britain is becoming homogenous within Europe lacking diversity and creative adaption to survive with evolution so why go to Britain if there is no point of difference?

If truth be told not even France and Spain wants Britain in the EU because if they are they all are yin and yang so what opportunities can Britain provide France and Spanish people if all are in the same boat?

The fact of the matter is the EU is a complex system control mechanism that is designed to fail because it is not what nature intended. All empires fail even the most brutal ones its just a question of how big a titanic people want  to jump in!!!!
By:
melv
When: 17 Jun 16 17:38
Of course the biggest con of all is that this election is about immigration.

What do you think is going to happen the day after a "Leave" vote????????? Come on. What?

The xenophobes are going to be immediately demanding anti immigrant legislation. And Westminster??????  er well er  its just going to be involved in a load of admin lasting at least 2 years.

What we will then have is the anti foreigner/darkie/muslim mob marching around Shouting "What do we want?? Immigrants out!!!! when do want it now!!!!!!!!!!!." They are going to be so full of moral indignation and a sense of injustice. "We won the vote!!!!" they will chant. When the vote is nothing to do with immigration.

So.........

You  have no clue about what you are voting for have you? We will need a separate vote in parliament to remain in the European economic area. Yeah thats a different thing to the EU. Clueless? Thought so. Where's anti-immigrant action? Nowhere thats where. Just European trade  with all its rules and regulations; which we will have to abide by but will now have no say in legislating. As pro EU MP's dominate parliament they are  not going to vote against EEU membership. Are they? EEU whats that? You've no idea have you. You think its all about immigrants and its not.

Admin admin admin. bggggggggrr all to do with immigration.

I supposed you will be demanding a general election. Good luck :) Westminster is not going to commit suicide by risking a right wing land slide caused by angry anti-immigration voters.
By:
Burton-Brewers
When: 17 Jun 16 17:43
stamp your feet a bit harder you'll feel much better for it, oh and try a few screams also
By:
melv
When: 17 Jun 16 17:47
I have asked a few questions. Please answer them. I don't mind the usual bullying blather just answer the questions while you are at it.

You can't can you.
By:
mobo
When: 17 Jun 16 18:31
As I said the west's record with russia, particularly the last invasion, leads most russians to be very suspicious of anything the west does.
just saying
Page 1 of 16  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | 16 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com