Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Irish_Celtic
03 Aug 14 09:28
| Topic/replies: 1,585 | Blogger: Irish_Celtic's blog
What news on this bright Sunday morning ?

Israel strikes another UN school this time in Rafah killing at least seven innocents.

Beit Lahiya is under heavy artillery shelling and airstrikes despite civilians yesterday being urged to return because it was now safe.

Israel confirms missing soldier is now dead , most likely killed by their own artillery along with 70 Palestinians in bombardment  after capture.
Pause Switch to Standard View Sunday Bloody Sunday Gaza style
Show More
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 8:43 PM BST
Melly's back and the cosh must still be working if he thinks Israel's enemies will be emboldened by what they see. Those soldiers from countries who don't want Israel to exist can go back to their borders and have tea if they leave Israel alone. Israel knows that a terrible fate awaits them if they are overun by those countries which don't want a State Of Israel.

You must like backing losers Melly. Like winning it's habit forming. Not that you'd know much about winning. Not around here and not for a long time given your regularly meltdown's.

Go on sucker. Laugh some more.
Report par August 3, 2014 8:45 PM BST
Yep, I know the arithmetic involved.

What about the west bank settlements and gaza . How did we solve that.
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 8:46 PM BST
well irish celt if some terrorists kept firing rockets from your neighbourhood, would you stand there clapping, I know what id do....
Report paddletoe August 3, 2014 8:47 PM BST
I agree with extreme that the Israeli army are probably not a very good fighting army for reasons which should be obvious and have nothing to do with lack of courage.
However, I don't think the best army in the world could fight an urban war against a guerrilla army surrounded by civilians and not take a lot of casualties. Who do you shoot at when you cant see any uniforms. Sometimes Menelaus also talks a lot of rubbish.
Report par August 3, 2014 8:47 PM BST
alleged, Menachem Begin did the same
Report unitedbiscuits August 3, 2014 8:48 PM BST
There is nothing more pathetic than a poster bidding for intellectual superiority getting his punctuation wrong.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 8:49 PM BST
Refute it united? Are you kidding? That madman offered me a bag of cash if I'd meet him in London with a pink carnation in my lapel carrying a cope of The Gay Times. He doesn't just think I'm posting as paddletoe. At the latest count I'm supposedly up to 30 aliases. Say a bad word about him and you'll be on the list. You are dealing with one sick puppy here my friend. Good job I pulled his teeth out or he might bite you.

Just for the record I'm not paddltoe and paddletoe agrees. Don't you paddletoe?

Yes. Laugh
Report paddletoe August 3, 2014 8:51 PM BST
No comment EO.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 8:53 PM BST
There's so many problems here but whoever drew that original map for the two state solution must have been on the pipe and that seems to remain part of the problem.
Report unitedbiscuits August 3, 2014 8:54 PM BST
Laugh
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 8:57 PM BST
is that aimed at me unitedbiscuits?
because I am far from trying to be anyones imtellectual superior Laugh

I was very pro Israel, but I feel for the average Palestinian caught in the middle of this madness.

I wish the people of Palestine would rise against hamas, so peace could return to the region, its easy for me to say that and a lot harder to accomplish.
Report par August 3, 2014 9:01 PM BST
why are you very pro Israel ?
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 9:08 PM BST
A people reviled throughout history subjected to regular attempts to wipe them from the face of the earth, excoriated throughout the ages in literature, brought to the edge of extinction, treated like cocckroaches, thrown a crumb after millions of them were exterminated and they grasped it gratefully. No sooner than the cries of joy had escaped their lips than they were being invaded time after time by foreign aggressors. Despite all that they have built the only thriving democracy in the region where women are an integral part of all sections of society whilst being surrounded by hundreds of millions who would rather spit in their eye than say hello. They have turned a desert into an oasis.

Who wouldn't be pro Israel? Doesn't by necessity mean you are anti Arab.
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 9:10 PM BST
because my wife is jewish mate.

her family ended up in Israel in late 1938 as it took 6 months to get there in a boat via Sweden.

they had their business,s taken from them in linz by the Nazis earlier that year. 

she lost 13 family members to the holocaust.

so she feels very strongly about Israel as a whole
Report par August 3, 2014 9:10 PM BST
and was snow white and little red riding hood in that nice story as well,

what about the real story, soldiers being hung with piano wires
Report par August 3, 2014 9:12 PM BST
well alleged, I understand that, but the people who wronged them were not arabs yet they have paid the price

the snow white remark was not at you alleged, that would not have been nice, lol
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 9:15 PM BST
you asked par and I told you. it took her 16 years to track her nan and aunts down, infact its not a nice pretty story, its a bloody nightmare believe me.
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 9:23 PM BST
EO - No point telling half a story , you forgot to add that they lived peacefully together for centuries , and even when the Christians retook Spain from the Muslims  the Jewish left and lived among the Muslim people because they felt safer and more secure rather than be persecuted by the Christians.

It is when the Zionist movement cleared the land that did not belong to them that the hatred started.What kind of democracy uses Ethnic cleansing and breaks international laws building illegal settlements .A strange democracy that parliament members can call Palestinian women snakes and call for their Genocide. Iran is reviled for similar statements but Israel can make similar and all is good.

Alleged - It is nothing personal against you or Jewish people , but I think its the greatest irony of all the way the Palestinians are treated .In particular I am talking about the ethnic cleansing of the West Bank and the orders given to the soldiers and their behaviour to the Arabs as if they were less than vermin. If [people doubt what I am talking about then watch some videos on utube about Hebron.
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 9:36 PM BST
the thing with you tube is you can find what you want to find

http://youtu.be/WiiiHv5yqx8
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 9:41 PM BST
That will never change the fact that Palestinians are being bullied harassed and beaten until they leave their homes to make way for a different group of people who believe they are superior.

It had to end in South Africa and it will have to end there.
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 9:50 PM BST
yes it will but the safety of israels people is paramount, this guy talks a lot of sense have a listen

http://youtu.be/GvFwBOt_eRg
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 9:55 PM BST
It is when the Zionist movement cleared the land that did not belong to them that the hatred started.What kind of democracy uses Ethnic cleansing and breaks international laws building illegal settlements

You'll have to forgive my history here Irish but when was this?
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 9:59 PM BST
It got it in a nutshell at 2.30  when he said "they took people without a land ,and put them in a land with people - Palestinians. "
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 10:01 PM BST
The 1948 Palestinian exodus, known in Arabic as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة‎, an-Nakbah, lit. "disaster", "catastrophe", or "cataclysm"),[1] occurred when more than 700,000 Palestinian Arabs fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1947–1948 Civil War in Mandatory Palestine
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 10:02 PM BST
Factors involved in the exodus include Jewish military advances, attacks against Arab villages and fears of another massacre by Zionist paramilitary groups after Deir Yassin,[10]:239–240 which caused many to leave out of panic; expulsion orders by Zionist authorities; the voluntary self-removal of the wealthier classes,[11] the collapse in Palestinian leadership,[12] and an unwillingness to live under Jewish control.[13] Later, a series of laws passed by the first Israeli government prevented them from returning to their homes, or claiming their property. They and many of their descendants remain refugee
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 10:04 PM BST
the thing with the occupation of parts of the west bank by settlers eo
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 10:08 PM BST
It got it in a nutshell at 2.30  when he said "they took people without a land ,and put them in a land with people - Palestinians. "

it did regards refugees (jewish) from the second world war

but I think we all know there have been jews in that land for 4 millenia
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 10:12 PM BST
Nobody can go back 4ooo years and claim anything ffs.

The Celts came from the Hungarian region apparently , shall I go to Hungary and kick some bugger out of his home and lay claim to it ?

Ludicrous.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 10:35 PM BST
But you see gents that's where my confusion arises because my understanding which must obviously be wrong is that the Palestinians were expressing their existing hatred via uprisings throughout the 20's and 30's because Jews were moving to the area. I'm sure that The State Of Israel hasn't done itself any favours since it's inception but I think they have also been contending with a deep well of antipathy from both Palestinians and the wider Arab world irrespective of whether they had previously lived harmoniously with muslims in preceding centuries. Jews think they have a right to be there. Muslims tend not to.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 10:36 PM BST
With a State of course. I'm not suggesting that the Muslims couldn't accept Jews living amaongst them under overall Islamic control.
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 10:41 PM BST
Islamic control

scary Sad
Report paddletoe August 3, 2014 10:44 PM BST
Whats you solution Irish Celtic and would Hammas agree with your solution?
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 10:50 PM BST
never negotiate with terrorists
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 10:54 PM BST
I don't know if it's a viable solution paddletoe and please excuse my geographical ignorance if this is nonsensical but I'd think the logical thing to do would be for Israel to cede some of it's land which borders Jordan and for Jordan to cede some of the land which people are claiming belongs to Palestine. The West Bank and Gaza go to Israel forming a cohesive unitary state. If that's doable you have your viable Palestine state and Israel doesn't have to worry about constant bombardment.
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 10:58 PM BST
They certainly would if I told you Laugh

Only joking ....Wink

It rests on Israel shoulders, they need come clean and indicate if they truly are interested in allowing a two state solution or not.

All of their actions indicate not , fake diplomacy and unreasonable conditions, while time passes and settlements are built.

If some kind of agreement could be reached on the land Hamas would become insignificant .

Its all Bluster about wiping Israel off the map , Iran would never try it , and the rest are easily dealt with.

Buffer zones, international peacekeepers , whatever it takes , but for now real diplomacy and a stop to settlement building and ethnic cleansing.
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 10:58 PM BST
gaza is philistine eo
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 11:00 PM BST
See the first reply ? From the person who has a Jewish wife ? That's what makes things impossible.
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 11:05 PM BST
her view as a Zionist is not my view as someone who has challenged her and come up with my own opinion.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 11:08 PM BST
You'll have to excuse my ignorance alleged but is that a historical reference or a joke of some kind? I'm vaguely aware of biblical references to philistines and it'c common usge to denote an uncultured person but I'm not sure of it's reference here. Is Gaza forbidden in some way? Unclean? I'm asking genuinely.
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 11:08 PM BST
Her views seem to have rubbed off on you as you call Palestinians philistines and terrorists.

The problem is Jerusalem which is occupied by Israel in the eyes of the international community. Holy shrines , an unholy mess.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 11:10 PM BST
One step at a time Irish. Men of good faith can usually inch towards an accommodation.
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 11:13 PM BST
at no point have i said Palestinians are terrorists, hamas yes.

The problem is Jerusalem which is occupied by Israel in the eyes of the international community

the problem is the west bank was part of the 12 tribes of Israel and the philistines have no right to that land, these are facts not opinions of youtube subscibers
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 11:14 PM BST
Alleged

A supplementary question if I may? I appreciate that your wife doesn't speak for the wider Jewish community but does she give you an indication of how she sees this thing panning out in the future?

Some years ago my wife was a district nurse who looked after an orthodox Jewish man. He was quite high up in religious circles and a very knowledgable and amenable fellow. He wasn't altogether complimentary about how his fellow Jews saw us (would the word be gentiles?) and whilst her experience with him was most pleasant and indeed enlightening there were a number of far less pleasant and downright rude people she had to deal with.
Report Irish_Celtic August 3, 2014 11:15 PM BST
You should throw the old testament in the bin and start living in the 21st century imo.

That's my final view on this subject for at least a week ,hopefully it will have calmed down by then , I can see why Melly went demented spending too much time on here.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 11:20 PM BST
the problem is the west bank was part of the 12 tribes of Israel and the philistines have no right to that land, these are facts not opinions of youtube subscibers

That sounds like something out of a Monty Python sketch.

This isn't Woolies. The Jewish people don't get to dip their hands in the pick n mix of life. The western world reviled at their treatment throughout history but especially in Nazi Germany outlined an area for Israel to build a state. They don't get to then go picking up whatever other bits of land they fancy because of what may or may not have happened thousands of years ago. Enjoy what you have and use it to build a lasting peace.
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 11:28 PM BST
I appreciate that your wife doesn't speak for the wider Jewish community but does she give you an indication of how she sees this thing panning out in the future?

she is a Zionist so her views would not represent the jewish community imo it would be unfair for me to tell you what she wants.

history tells me gaza is philistine/Palestine that's theirs let them have it

with regards the jews i have met via my wife they seem posh/snobs with too much money tbh
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 11:35 PM BST
It'sa simplstic view accepted but looking at the map I uust don't see how you can have a Palestine state with blobs of it hither and thither. It didn't work when India was partitioned and I don't see how it could work in the middle east. Surely far better to have sloid unitary states wth clearly defined and defendable borders irrspective if Phil And Stan lived there before. Your state is what you make it. There is little beyond death which is pre ordained certainly not man made borders.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 3, 2014 11:37 PM BST
she is a Zionist so her views would not represent the jewish community imo it would be unfair for me to tell you what she wants.

I'm a pretty broad minded chap and sympathetic to the plight of the Jewish people so that does sound rather alarming.
Report par August 3, 2014 11:43 PM BST
does your wife think this cold blooded murder is justified
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 11:46 PM BST
sort hamas out NS
Report alleged22 August 3, 2014 11:47 PM BST
of innocent life no par
Report epicurean August 4, 2014 2:56 AM BST
Seems to me Hamas and the left leaning  naive media who managed to hide the agenda of that fascist group have won the day with the gullible and  uniformed public and the losers the ordinary Palestinians.

Hamas have invented a new way to fight by hiding behind the civilian population and will be a problem in the future for other democracies because it works .

I have a feeling Hamas will show their true colours and it could get much worse .I hope I am wrong so lets see what happens in the next year or so  no reasonable person wants more suffering and death in this horrible conflct.
Report epicurean August 4, 2014 9:25 AM BST
The media constantly refer to the blockade implying by voice it is some sort of punishment would be the impression the casual observer would think thus affecting their opinion.

They fail to mention that prior to these controls there were numerous suicide bombings targeting woman and children but since the controls there have been none .
The south of Gaza has along border with Egypt and they have the same controls for the same reasons .

How many times do you hear protests about Egypt and how many of the  public know these facts because they will rarely hear it from the media.For balance the suicide bombing aspect should be mentioned every time the so called blockade is discussed.
Report susie August 4, 2014 4:14 PM BST
Hamas have invented a new way to fight by hiding behind the civilian population

NEW way to fight.???
Total rubbish.
Report epicurean August 4, 2014 4:30 PM BST
Susie why is it total rubbish.?
Report susie August 4, 2014 9:41 PM BST
Nothing new about it.
oldest trick in the book for "terrorists/freedom fighters", by blending in with the civilian population it gives them an advantage over conventional forces; and generates sympathy/martyrs when casualties rise. They can then cast themselves in the role of protectors.
Those I know who served in N. Ireland relate to it; my father saw it in Sicily in 1942/3.

Hamas definitely did not invent it.
Report unbiased August 4, 2014 9:55 PM BST
The oddest thing is EVERY report that comes out of Gaza is taken as gospel by the handwringers,and anything to the contrary Israel may say,is totally disbelieved,not that they make many statements anyway.
  I think we all know why!
The violation of the ceasefires being a shining example.Hopefully the stockpile of 20,000+ rockets and missiles is nearing exhaustion,then you will witness a ceasefire.
Report Irish_Celtic August 4, 2014 10:08 PM BST
Israel are proven liars over and over again that's why.

The United Nations and aid agencies are not.
Report par August 4, 2014 10:10 PM BST
I take it you don't like Israel Irish ?
Report unbiased August 4, 2014 10:12 PM BST
The "gold medal" for the most stupid reply ever given by this clown,and he has posted plenty in the past,letting hatred rule over facts.
Report alleged22 August 4, 2014 10:14 PM BST
the hatred just boils over, seething Blush
Report Irish_Celtic August 4, 2014 10:19 PM BST
http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/08/04/gaza-israeli-soldiers-shoot-and-kill-fleeing-civilians

Is this more lies ?

IDF use of human shields[edit]

On March 24, a report from the UN team responsible for the protection of children in war zones was released: it found "hundreds" of violations of the rights of children and accused Israeli soldiers of using children as human shields, bulldozing a home with a woman and child still inside, and shelling a building they had ordered civilians into a day earlier.[312] One case involved using an 11-year-old boy as a human shield, by forcing him to enter suspected buildings first and also inspect bags. The report also mentioned the boy was used as a shield when Israeli soldiers came under fire.[312][313] The Guardian has also received testimony from three Palestinian brothers aged 14, 15, and 16, who all claimed to have been used as human shields.[314]

The UK newspaper The Guardian conducted an investigation of its own, which, according to the paper, uncovered evidence of war crimes including the use of Palestinian children as human shields.[315]

The UN fact-finding mission investigated four incidents in which Palestinian civilians were coerced, blindfolded, handcuffed and at gunpoint to enter houses ahead of Israeli soldiers during military operations. The mission confirmed the continued use of this practice with published testimonies of Israeli soldiers who had taken part in the military operations. The mission concluded that these practices amounted to using civilians as human shields in breach of international law. Some civilians were also questioned under threat of death or injury to extract information about Palestinian combatants and tunnels, constituting a further violation of international humanitarian law.[50]

What about that ?
Report unbiased August 4, 2014 10:20 PM BST
Response was to I-C,full of bitterness and hatred.
Report epicurean August 4, 2014 10:21 PM BST
Susie you are right .
Report alleged22 August 4, 2014 10:25 PM BST
is that the same UN who stoped funding and let hamas train the next generation of terrorists

super stuff, well done Sad
Report Irish_Celtic August 4, 2014 10:26 PM BST
Why don't you give me some quotes from the old testament like you did yesterday ?

Your Zionist wife has you well prepared im sure
Report par August 4, 2014 10:30 PM BST
alleged I asked you a question last night but did not phrase it properly

I should have asked, does your wife think the last four weeks have been justified or do you for that matter

Has it been worth the loss of life to achieve whatever they have achieved.
Report alleged22 August 4, 2014 10:48 PM BST
Has it been worth the loss of life to achieve whatever they have achieved.

absolutely not. 3 was too many imo

I should have asked, does your wife think the last four weeks have been justified or do you for that matter

I,ll give you my opinion

well I respect israels right to defend themselves from threats, but surely they must realise they are falling into a hamas plan to discredit themselves in the international community. they know the enemy uses congested civilian areas. why the hell attack these areas when the enemy will just move on and leave the civilians to take the brunt.

why are they taking the bait is what id like to know....
Report pumphol. August 4, 2014 10:57 PM BST
Irish_Celtic    04 Aug 14 22:26 

Your Zionist wife

& you call others on here racist, you could not make it up Crazy
Report par August 4, 2014 10:57 PM BST
I remember hearing a respected authority on the area say Netanyahu wasn't the thinker and pragmatist his predecessors were.

I think he has proven that.

I cannot remember who offered that opinion but the last four weeks have seriously weakened the case for Israel. As you say Hamas showed him the rabbit and he dived in.
Report Emden August 4, 2014 11:00 PM BST
well I respect israels right to defend themselves from threats, but surely they must realise they are falling into a hamas plan to discredit themselves in the international community. they know the enemy uses congested civilian areas. why the hell attack these areas when the enemy will just move on and leave the civilians to take the brunt.

why are they taking the bait is what id like to know....

you vastly underestimate the israelis.

1. the don't give a flying foook about Cameron etc say. Probably never heard of the cnunt to be fair

2. they have a plan and objectives re Gaza. The objectives are near complete. Expect a cease fire over the next few days. mission complete as far as israel are concerned
Report Irish_Celtic August 4, 2014 11:05 PM BST
Pumphol mind your business. That is how he described her himself.
Report alleged22 August 4, 2014 11:29 PM BST
she would tell you herself if I let her on here Laugh

2. they have a plan and objectives re Gaza. The objectives are near complete. Expect a cease fire over the next few days. mission complete as far as israel are concerned

I thought that myself and then they found the tunnels, it gave them a justifiable reason to carry on.
Report Irish_Celtic August 4, 2014 11:31 PM BST
What was this master plan ?

To murder 1600 civilians?
Report alleged22 August 4, 2014 11:32 PM BST
she is defo not racist though if that's what folk think Angry
Report Irish_Celtic August 4, 2014 11:39 PM BST
But she does hate Muslims no ?
Report alleged22 August 4, 2014 11:44 PM BST

what would your plan be celtic?

a terrorist organisation tunnels into your country with rockets etc?

a, withdraw and ask for a ceasefire?
b, evacuate
c, eradicate the problem
d, nothing
e, fund the building of the tunnels
f, lure them all to a lavish bar mitzvah event on a desert island and get it over with once and for all?
Report Emden August 4, 2014 11:44 PM BST

To murder 1600 civilians?

you have to understand the bigger picture.

You go into battle with an objective. Israel have almost completed their objective (for now!)

the 1600 was the cost of completing their objective.

now do you get it? FFS any I can't make it any simpler

I am neither a supporter of israel or the palestinians - it's nothing to do with me,  but anyone who thinks Hamas or the palestinians are the winners because the west have condemned and isolated israel (who don't give a fooook anyway) are naive in the extreme
Report alleged22 August 4, 2014 11:45 PM BST
But she does hate Muslims no ?

NO Happy
Report Irish_Celtic August 4, 2014 11:50 PM BST
Er no .....they have achieved nothing bar more extremism and hatred. Hamas will easily rearm and will have even more support .If you think they have degraded Hamas in any way shape or form you are seriously misguided.
Report alleged22 August 4, 2014 11:53 PM BST
Hamas will easily rearm and will have even more support

their main benefactors are distancing themselves from them.
Report Irish_Celtic August 4, 2014 11:55 PM BST
Iran , Qatar and Turkey ?   I have heard nothing of that?
Report alleged22 August 5, 2014 12:16 AM BST
Qatar yes turkey yes iran no

whoopee woo support from these military mights.

how many rockets does 10 million buy? 1800 martyrs
Report Eeternaloptimist August 5, 2014 12:57 AM BST
Mad Lad is puce with rage that once again Hamas are getting a beating. He had them in a double with the bearded lady to win eurovision. Back to the kebabs Oirish. Laugh
Report susie August 5, 2014 12:08 PM BST
Thank you epicurean.
Always pleasing to reach agreement, especially on such an emotive subject.
Report susie August 5, 2014 12:12 PM BST
Hamas are getting a beating

It is the Gaza citizens who are getting the "beating" Mr Optimist, not Hamas. As with most wars there are no "winners", apart from arms manufacturers.
Report bongo March 28, 2015 12:06 AM GMT
Amnesty have weighed in on the 50 day war last year:
http://www.rte.ie/news/2015/0326/689868-gaza-israel/

"The 50-day war claimed the lives of some 2,200 people in Gaza, most of them civilians, and 73 on the Israeli side, most of them soldiers.

The report said rocket attacks had killed six civilians inside Israel, including a child, but that other rockets aimed at the Jewish state had fallen short inside Gaza, killing at least 13 civilians, 11 of them children.

It referred to one particular incident on 28 July in which 13 people were killed in a blast inside the beachside Shati refugee camp.

At the time, Palestinian witnesses blamed the attack on an Israeli F-16 warplane, but the army denied firing on the camp, accusing militants of misfiring their own rockets."

So firing rockets makes you more likely to kill one of your own than murder an enemy. A bit like keeping a loaded gun in your bed-room I suppose, stats say this is a stupid thing to do, but it doesn't stop people doing it.

"Figures released by the Israeli army just days after the war ended on 26 August showed that Gazan militants fired 4,591 projectiles at Israel.

Of that number, 3,659 struck Israeli territory and 735 were intercepted by the Iron Dome air defence system, leaving another 197 which fell short and landed inside Gaza.

Militant groups used unguided projectiles which were "inherently indiscriminate," it said: "Using such weapons is prohibited under international law and their use constitutes a war crime."
Report spellingandgrammarchecker March 28, 2015 11:36 PM GMT
Shame that northernlad and his aliases can't answer.

He will be seething
Report unitedbiscuits March 29, 2015 9:34 AM BST
"Lets all condemn Palestine for not being able to defend themselves effectively."
Report cheese March 29, 2015 11:35 AM BST
  but anyone who thinks Hamas or the palestinians are the winners because the west have condemned and isolated israel (who don't give a fooook anyway) are naive in the extreme

Israel does give a fooook about the US because it isn't strong enough to defend itself. In recent years it has become little more than a US outpost militarily.

Palestinians also benefit from funding and support from around the world in the wake of Israeli atrocities, as do other millitant groups. What happens in Palestine is driving recruits towards ISIS.
Report spellingandgrammarchecker March 29, 2015 10:43 PM BST
Joining up?
Report alun2005 March 29, 2015 11:20 PM BST
Perhaps that's where the unfunny "Jester from Chester" has gone after all !?!  I seem to recall he too had some strong words for Israel in the past.

The Jester could well be making his way to Syria with his beloved Tower Hamlet types just as soon as he's finished a luxuriant winter holiday trip to Africa. Lest we forget, that continent is one of the very few places on Planet Earth where he feels completely safe.
Report alun2005 March 29, 2015 11:25 PM BST
What a propaganda coup it would be for ISIS to have on board two fearless men of action and principle such as "The jester" and "The Rancid Milk", even if they end up as mere Pretendy Wives to some of the warriors with complex sexual tastes. 

What may yet go against The Jester is that he still owes "a large amount of money" to another forumite following a bet he proposed which went spectacularly wrong.  I think ISIS wouldn't want such a man in their ranks personally, and my guess is that Jilted Jihadi Jonathan himself would blanch rather than be associated with his type.
Report spellingandgrammarchecker March 29, 2015 11:51 PM BST
alun2005   
29 Mar 15 23:20 
Perhaps that's where the unfunny "Jester from Chester" has gone after all !?!  I seem to recall he too had some strong words for Israel in the past

He certainly did.

Pumphol had his card marked.
Report alun2005 March 30, 2015 12:01 AM BST
I still think The Jester would make some lucky bloodthirsty psychopathic warrior from Queen's Park a lovely Pretendy Bride if nothing else.
Report sean rua March 30, 2015 9:04 AM BST
We should not forget that Russia is also Is ra el's ally. They trade drones and OIL.
Report unbiased March 30, 2015 11:02 AM BST
Totally stupid reference to Israel to blame re people signing up to IS,because they conveniently forget that these guys are killing their fellow countrymen,Muslims killing Muslims.
   However they will continue to blame Israel as it suits their agenda,but,at the same time,showing themselves to be ill-informed clowns.Nothing changes there!
Report wildmanfromborneo March 30, 2015 11:29 AM BST
Israel is the Wests only real ally in the Middle East.

Israel is a tiny country surrounded by countries who not only want to wipe them out they want to kill all Jews.

Israel is entitled to protect itself.

We should support them unconditionally,not only because they are right but for our own selfish reasons.
Report cheese March 30, 2015 2:26 PM BST
Israel is a tiny country surrounded by countries who not only want to wipe them out they want to kill all Jews.

Couldn't give a toss either way frankly. Can't see any difference between them and Hamas.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 30, 2015 2:44 PM BST
Very unreasonable of those Israelis to want to hang on to their heads.

It kind of concentrates their minds,its also why the West should fund them as tis they that are fighting to the death.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com