Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Java
14 Mar 13 16:31
| Topic/replies: 12,423 | Blogger: Java's blog
Why do we all have to pay tax for Left wing propaganda?

Labour obviously scared of UKIP if they are resorting to this, but BBC's role is unacceptable.

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/384226/Labour-supporter-planted-in-BBC-Question-Time-audience-to-attack-UKIP-panelist
Pause Switch to Standard View BBC giving airtime to Labour plants
Show More
Report Captain Wurzel March 14, 2013 3:55 PM GMT
What tax are you paying ?

Are you referring to the licence fee ?

You dont have to pay it - just dont have a telly - then you

wont have to pay for ' left wing propaganda ' its simple.
Report mickstick March 14, 2013 3:59 PM GMT
Has this ever happened before with other political activists and QT?
Of course it has.
Report Java March 14, 2013 4:04 PM GMT
"You dont have to pay it - just dont have a telly - then you
wont have to pay for ' left wing propaganda ' its simple."

What idiotic logic.  Because I can't stand the BBC being packed with lefties I have to ditch my TV and can't watch Sky Sports.  Genius.
Report Captain Wurzel March 14, 2013 4:17 PM GMT
That's the problem with you java - not prepared to make any sacrifices to support your ' principles '
Report Java March 14, 2013 4:27 PM GMT
Why should I have to?  Why not make BBC subscription like everything else and if people want to hear the left wing view on the "savage cuts" then they can pay for it?  Why force me to pay tax when I don't want to watch their left wing nonsense?
Report mickstick March 14, 2013 4:30 PM GMT
Java would pay twice if all that was shown were repeats of 1979 election night and Party Political broadcasts by the Conservatives.
Report Captain Wurzel March 14, 2013 4:59 PM GMT
Java - The bbc has a world reputation as a quality impartial broadcaster - its one of the things that makes

Britain great - you should be happy to be making a small contribution to that.
Report Lampus March 14, 2013 5:02 PM GMT
Allways thought  the BBC  was  very  right  wing
Cameron  is  allways  headline newsDevil
Report Java March 14, 2013 5:05 PM GMT
"Java would pay twice if all that was shown were repeats of 1979 election night and Party Political broadcasts by the Conservatives. "

What a brilliant argument Mickstick.  Well done.
Report bazzar March 14, 2013 5:07 PM GMT
Waken up JAVA  and taste the coffee, or as it is known in American slang, "JAVA".
The B.B.C. is neither left or right wing per se, but CHANGING of moods and thoughts like
most people except of course JAVA.
Report Java March 14, 2013 5:07 PM GMT
"Java - The bbc has a world reputation as a quality impartial broadcaster"

With who?  The people who run it?  Oh - WHOOPS. Laugh  Maybe you can pretend he didn't say it because it is the tee-hee-hee Daily Mail.

BBC Director General Mark Thompson has admitted the corporation was guilty of a 'massive' Left-wing bias in the past.
The TV chief also admitted there had been a 'struggle' to achieve impartiality.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1308215/Yes-BBC-biased-Mark-Thompson...
Report Room 0182 March 14, 2013 5:10 PM GMT
"Java - The bbc has a world reputation as a quality impartial broadcaster" LaughLaughLaugh
Report Captain Wurzel March 14, 2013 5:42 PM GMT
Yeah what the country needs room0182 is a media completely dominated by news international.
Report Java March 14, 2013 5:48 PM GMT
The difference, OBVIOUSLY, is that you can decline to pay for Sky subscriptions.
Report boris-the-animal March 14, 2013 5:57 PM GMT
CW

Murdoch and News International seem to be too fickle for Java's taste since they supported Bliar for almost 10years!!!

He would rather we had a media dominated exclusively by the tax exile Barclay Brothers.

He can always rely on them supporting Tory ideologies.
Report Captain Wurzel March 14, 2013 8:58 PM GMT
Excellent post cry.
Report A.H HUNTER esq. March 14, 2013 9:51 PM GMT
^ Have you gone mad spleen? ^

The BBC is best summed up with the fact that while Margaret Thatcher was being abused by them for sorting out Labours crisis in the seventies (Unions,Strikes destroying manufacturing,left wing councils like Liverpool taken over by communists like the NHS today) the BBC were harbouring and ignoring Jimmy Saville's abuse of children and woman on their premises.
Report Captain Wurzel March 14, 2013 9:55 PM GMT
That's right munter - you stay on message.
Report treetop March 14, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
You have to give Labour credit for their readiness to get down and dirty when it comes to campaigning.They have clearly picked up on the US style of politics after a few taxpayer funded trips to USA when Tony Blair was well in with Clinton and Bush to monitor election camaigns and this is what we get for our money,sly and sneaky plants with a compliant broadcaster.The tories really aren't in the same league but is this what we want from our governments ?
Report Captain Wurzel March 14, 2013 10:11 PM GMT
Nick Robinson - BBC Chief political corresponent - ex conservative party member

Jeremy Vine - Another left wingerLaugh

BBC certainly isn't exclusively populated by 'lefties'.
Report tonkability March 14, 2013 11:47 PM GMT
Not the BBC is left wing garbage again and as for paying licence fee for things you dislike I fekin hate paying towards Motor racing  its utter bollox but the BBC
Spends a fortune on it ,it's even starting to show qualifying sessions now ffsk  bring back crown green bowling ExcitedLaugh
Report Eeternaloptimist March 15, 2013 12:38 AM GMT
You dont have to pay it - just dont have a telly - then you

wont have to pay for ' left wing propaganda ' its simple.

Wurzel

Interesting logic. Let's imagine the Tories win the 2015 election. They sack all the pinkos and weirdos and install their own puppets in their place so that all BBC broadcasts essentially become adverts for a new status quo which they support.

You would then have the right to terminate your subscription but somehow I suspect your ire would run a little deeper than that token gesture.
Report Captain Wurzel March 15, 2013 12:58 AM GMT
You're right it wouldLaugh
Report blackburn1 March 15, 2013 7:37 AM GMT
It's simple just make the licence fee optional like SKY, why won't the beaters like wurzel agree to that?

After all if its a world class broadcaster nobody will begrudge the tenner a month.

Or is it just that wurzel knows what's best for everyone else?
Report jlay72 March 15, 2013 9:13 AM GMT
this propoganda comment is ridiculous. You could say Sky is right wing especially when you get George Osborne poring over Kay Burley straight after the sky televised debate. He said the following:(I wil ltry and get the link)

"By the way Kay I thought Sky's coverage of the debate was excellent"

Never can anyone say Cameron and Osborne are in Murdoch's pocket....which is why they are backing the recommendations set out in the Leveson enquiry....oh hang on.....
Report Java March 15, 2013 9:48 AM GMT
Are you forced to subsribe to Sky jlay?  Pretty simple point.
Report boris-the-animal March 15, 2013 10:05 AM GMT
Java

No one is forced to pay the licence fee.

You have the option of not paying if you don't watch live TV.

You can still even watch most of BBC iplayer, itv player, 4OD etc stuff without paying any penny at all which you cannot do for sky.

Just admit you want to have the convenience of watching live telly and you have opted to pay for that service through the licence fee.
Report Java March 15, 2013 10:15 AM GMT
Boris don't get the day off with your stupidity.

I need a TV to watch Sky.  I wouldn't subsribe to BBC if I didnt' need to.  I am forced to pay tax to fund the BBC which is a left wing mouthpiece.  You are not forced to pay tax to fund Sky.

I really is painfully simple.
Report jlay72 March 15, 2013 10:30 AM GMT
SkyNews is on Freeview. You'd have a better argument if you said you dont have to watch skynews. However seeing as it was a general election and the debate was of potential great importance i thought it would be best to watch as opposed to get a someone's else's view.
Report boris-the-animal March 15, 2013 10:33 AM GMT
I was just reminding you could decide and escape the BBC tax altogether and still watch TV if you were so inclined.

You now come to cry that you cannot subscribe to Sky without first paying the BBC which is a completely different thing.

The state has decided it that way just like I am sure many people hate it that their taxes directly goes to pay for the NHS or teachers who they claim brainwash the children with left wing ideals they disagree with
Report Java March 15, 2013 10:49 AM GMT
"The state has decided it that way"  CryCryCry

I'm off.  I can't spend another day in Borisland.
Report jlay72 March 15, 2013 10:54 AM GMT
boris - agreed you have the cohice to decide where you get your news from. More and more people refer to the internet to form a political view. I think what annoys me are people who define their political views based on what a paper or tv tells them. You should base your view on what your values are and in most cases a particular political party may have a view which suits this.

Unfortunately we've got a lot of Apparatchiks on this forum who simply follow a party blindly like it was a football team. I dont know any party that in reality would meet all my views.
Report Captain Wurzel March 15, 2013 11:11 AM GMT
I really is painfully simple.

At last some self awareness shown by this posterLaugh
Report boris-the-animal March 15, 2013 11:14 AM GMT
I am waiting for Java to also come bleating that he is a sports fan but he is forced to pay Murdoch in order to watch live premiership, boxing, tennis, f1, golf, cricket etc games on TV!!!

What about all the movies fans that need to pay sky if they wanted to view recent films on TV?LaughLaughLaugh
Report Java March 15, 2013 11:33 AM GMT
Boris - what don't you understand about this?

If I want to watch Sports, I pay for it.  If I want to watch Movies, I pay for it.  If I don't want to watch Sports I don't pay for it.

However, if I don't want to watch left wing dogma on the BBC, I am forced to pay for it and can be sent to prison if I don't.
Report Java March 15, 2013 11:34 AM GMT
Very good Wurzel. Grin  What a tragic "t" for me to miss out.  Sad
Report Captain Wurzel March 15, 2013 11:38 AM GMT
Yeah it rather changed the meaning of your postLaugh

I see it more as a freudian slip than a typo.Laugh
Report blackburn1 March 15, 2013 11:39 AM GMT
Quite what Boris is doing on a betting exchange is beyond me.

He'd be better spending time drinking cider wih other wide eyed numpties in the student union
Report blackburn1 March 15, 2013 11:46 AM GMT
Spleen puzzles  me too instead of scoring inane points on here he could be helping less fortunate people with benefit claims.

Interesting dichotomy that spleen, pretending to care about others but spending your spare time relieving people of thir money on a betting exchange. Just think, the next time you have a winner you might be forcing some poor person into poverty.
Report bazzar March 15, 2013 12:16 PM GMT
JAVA, post 15th march 10:15, YOU SAID IT, YOU REALLY IS PAINFULLY SIMPLE.
Report jlay72 March 15, 2013 12:24 PM GMT
Java you're twisting and turning but going no-where with your argument. You've now trying to change the subject. You're wrong in your argument.

If you decide to watch a programme or channel that you feel doesn't meet your blinded support for a party then a) don't watch it b) complain to the said programme/channel with factual evidence of this 'propaganda'

The BBC is not left wing in my view. It provides a balanced views of things. Example Daily Politics - when Labour were in power and were in turmoil the same approach has been taken as to the current situation with the Tories.

You view is blinded by your absolute support for the blue team......
Report Captain Wurzel March 15, 2013 12:38 PM GMT
Phuck that, he helps them fill in claim forms and he's off like a shot

Always make sure they are put on the electoral register as well.
Report boris-the-animal March 15, 2013 12:38 PM GMT
Java

If you want to watch broadcast media legally you have to pay the TV licence no matter who and what it funds.

Don't you feel for all those Scousers who are forced to give money to BskyB aka NI and The Sun just because they are sports or movie fans and are forced to pay for all those nasty right wing propaganda spouted by all the numerous NI outlets.

I am sure if you are found guilty of using some illegal devices/technology in order to defraud Sky and watch their output for free you might also  be sent to a cushy prison.
Report Java March 15, 2013 12:41 PM GMT
"If you decide to watch a programme or channel that you feel doesn't meet your blinded support for a party then a) don't watch it"

I won't.  But the point is I am forced to pay for it.  Why is this so hard for you to understand?

"The BBC is not left wing in my view."

The old boss disagrees with you.

"BBC Director General Mark Thompson has admitted the corporation was guilty of a 'massive' Left-wing bias in the past. The TV chief also admitted there had been a 'struggle' to achieve impartiality."
Report Java March 15, 2013 12:42 PM GMT
"Don't you feel for all those Scousers who are forced to give money to BskyB aka NI and The Sun "

I'm sorry.  If a Scouser doesn't buy the Sun does he get sent to prison?
Report Java March 15, 2013 12:44 PM GMT
The difference in funding of the BBC and a subscription channel is so painfully obvious.   

I'm amazed even the lefties can't grasp this simple concept.  Then again, nothing surprises me on here anymore.
Report blackburn1 March 15, 2013 12:52 PM GMT
Don't you feel for all those Scousers who are forced to give money to BskyB aka NI and The Sun just because they are sports or movie fans and are forced to pay for all those nasty right wing propaganda spouted by all the numerous NI outlets.

They are forced to do nothing.

I'm beginning to realise Boris is a classy wind up artist, at least I hope there is nobody who actually thinks the way he does.

Spleen has disappeared, he's changing the sheets in his 5 spare rooms so the druggies have a bed tonight

Laugh
Report boris-the-animal March 15, 2013 1:01 PM GMT
If you don't buy all those BBC DVDs promoting Clarkson's Top Gear or other comedians you don't go to prison either.

But the Scouser is forced to pay Sky if he wants to follow Liverpool's game on TV on Sunday afternoons and he might also be sent to prison if he is caught defrauding Sky by illegally watching it.

You do not have to watch broadcast media just like you don't have to watch sports on TV but it seems you are almost forced to pay the BBC or Sky if you wanted to watch any.

There are differences between our examples but I am saying that they are rather minor in the great scheme of things!!!LaughLaughLaugh
Report Captain Wurzel March 15, 2013 1:07 PM GMT
Spleen has disappeared, he's changing the sheets in his 5 spare rooms so the druggies have a bed tonight

Yeah they'll all be round - out comes the crack pipe - I cant wait
Report blackburn1 March 15, 2013 1:07 PM GMT
Boris, the tv licence is compulsory, you have to buy one if you want to watch sky, which is an optional charge.

I'm not sure you understand the difference, I thought you were young and misguided, it also seems you are very dim.
Report blackburn1 March 15, 2013 1:12 PM GMT
Yeah they'll all be round - out comes the crack pipe - I cant wait

It's a fair point though spleen, with your immense wealth don't you feel guilty when you see poor people?

Ok you help them fill out forms but it would be far better if you did something worthwhile with your life. It seems really you're just like me, you don't give a phuck if they starve, you just like to go through the charade of caring.

All very pathetic tbh spleen your handwringing hypocrisy is nauseous
Report Captain Wurzel March 15, 2013 1:17 PM GMT
It's very kind of you to credit me with immense wealthLaugh

HandwringingLaugh Come on blackie the types worn out with that one.

What about 'simpering' thats an old favourite from your well thumbed lexicon of insults.

I suppose you've had to ease down on the homophobic insults after your little ban.Laugh
Report blackburn1 March 15, 2013 1:32 PM GMT
No cogent response then spleen, says it all.

You are in a position to make a real difference but you're too busy betting on an exchange.
Report Captain Wurzel March 15, 2013 1:37 PM GMT
Yep - thats meCool
Report bongo March 15, 2013 8:14 PM GMT
The worst feature of the BBC imv is that it is not accountable to the people who pay for it.

Not one single member of the Board of Trustees ( formerly Board of Governors ) has EVER been elected by the licence fee payer.
It is therefore a State broadcaster.
But do you really want the State deciding the primary means of UK citizens being entertained and informed? Without the people who pay for the service being in control.

Not for me. It's taxation without representation, and if a random youngster was to knock seven shades of shít out of the shill they didn't choose that is Chris Patten, and I was 5 feet away, there'd be a witness statement saying that CP started it.

None of this stuff about whether it's good or bad, whether the high salaries and DG payoffs are justified, whether there should be 24hour Vatican news or not would merit the slightest debate, if the licence-fee payer was electing the Board members based on their manifestos. There's no point self-flagellating about what you have control over, because if your view is the majority you can vote them out. And if you're in a minority you should direct your ire against your fellow man. That's why accountability to the people who pay is such a wonderful thing.
Report tonkability March 15, 2013 9:55 PM GMT
Whine whine whineTories luv to whine
Report bongo March 16, 2013 11:16 AM GMT
Licence fee evasion runs at an estimated 2 million households at any one time - I'm a betting man ( aren't we all ) and I'm going for these on average being people on quite low incomes in estates inspectors prefer not to go. Really.

The BBC are liars - they say they are independent of government. They say they are accountable to the licence-fee payer. Neither is true.
Government are liars - they say that the BBC is independent of them. Yet they make every appointment at Board level, renew the Charter, provide the court system to prosecute evasion ( 130,000 fines at Magistrates Courts each year ), and set the licence fee.

The NHS's flagship offering is about health. It makes no such claims about being independent of government.

The BBC's flagship offering right now is this:
6:00 am BREAKFAST
10:00 am SATURDAY KITCHEN
11:30 am NIGEL SLATER'S SIMPLE COOKING

It's entertainment, with a little bit of information and no education. The State should feck off out of deciding these things, and let the people who pay for it decide.
Report bongo March 16, 2013 11:36 AM GMT
its an example of the people of the UK collectively agreeing to pay for something that is good for the country

That isn't true - the BBC started in the late 1920s with the bailout of a private consortium that was making a loss. The government that did it was elected in 1924, an election where women didn't have the vote. In addition the 1924 manifestos are online ( thanks to wonders of internet and wikipedia which don't force you to pay for something you have no say over ). There is no mention of State broadcasting in any of the main 3 party manifestos.

It's an example of bailouts, and fear of the free market.

Since then it's never been much of an election issue, and why should it, as whoever gets elected keeps control.
Report Eeternaloptimist March 17, 2013 12:05 AM GMT
tonks does have a point. No point in whining about it. The left wanted to indoctrinate our young. Some of them didn't just sit around whining about how unfair life was and how beastly it was that the state didn't run everything. They got themselves into positions to influence things and did something about it. So if the Tories have any sense they know what to do if they win the next election.

I'm talking about getting McCarthyist (spelling) on their asses. Get them motherfruckers shiitting their pants so fully that the stench wafts out from under the beds they run for and lets get dragging them out feet first for an ass whipping. The gloves need to come off. This is war. No retreat. No surrender.

Yeeeehhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
Report bazzar March 17, 2013 10:00 AM GMT
You now know why SPHINCTER is referred to in that way, he smells in
everything he does and says, in fact a typical TORY!!!!!
YEEEHAA!!!!!!!!
Report Eeternaloptimist March 17, 2013 1:53 PM GMT
Even your put downs are more lame than an arthritic three legged dog. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report treetop March 17, 2013 10:13 PM GMT
O does have a point the left have been very agressive in criticism for too long and the tories have ben far too defensive about their case, often finding it hard to argue against the sentiment of the leftish views.
Report cryoftruth March 18, 2013 8:41 PM GMT
oh yes its very obvious indeed.

Cost of Sky full package £12.87 per week.
Cost of BB1,2 3,4 and Radio 1,2,3,4, local radio, BBC world service, BBC I player, £2.80 per week.

And what do the raving right want to do about this utter and complete bargain?  Scrap it so we all have to watch the world according to Rupert Murdoch or nothing.

Hard to describe the depth of such stupidity.
Report bongo March 18, 2013 9:20 PM GMT
Why are you obsessed by making comparisons between the BBC and Sky.
It's like the obsession some have of comparing the NHS with health-care in the US, like there's no other comparison to make.

There is no point to such comparisons - they operate on different models. The vast majority of households still do not have Sky. Nobody goes to the pub to watch BBC.

We should compare the BBC to what it could become - if only it was accountable to the people who pay for it.

You can have your compulsion so long as there is accountability.

I'm confident that given the chance for the Board to set the fee and live or die by the licence-payer's cross in a box, day-time tv would be schools and university programming, breakfast tv and anything with the word 24hr would be punted over the stand, protectionism of awful talent whether it be Scudamores or Saviles would go, and you'd get a better quality package for £125. But most importantly you wouldn't get government news.
Report bazzar March 19, 2013 12:49 PM GMT
We must BEWARE of Tory plants, like cabbages and swedes.
Report cryoftruth March 19, 2013 8:27 PM GMT
Java why do you post such utter rubbish all the time.

Don't you tire just a little bit of spewing out complete tripe?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 19, 2013 8:58 PM GMT
Pots and pans all over the land have fallen off their shelves laughing. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report cryoftruth March 19, 2013 9:26 PM GMT
Pots and pans all over the land have fallen off their shelves laughing.

Have to say that is too deep for me eeternal.

What are you on tonight?
Report Java March 19, 2013 10:07 PM GMT
CryofTruth - are you referring to any post in particular so we can discuss or are you just dribbling on your keyboard as usual?
Report cryoftruth March 19, 2013 10:47 PM GMT
just dribbling on your keyboard as usual

well you are the expert at talking drivel.

Nearly all your posts are rubbish, and usually rude rubbish as well.

Now answer the question?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 19, 2013 10:52 PM GMT
cry

Because I can think of few other left wing posters who post as much tripe as you. So it was a reminder of the old saying about the pot calling the pan or kettle burnt arse.
Report cryoftruth March 19, 2013 10:56 PM GMT
oh I see you were being stupidly rude again.

What a shock.

at least you are consistently odious eeternal
Report cryoftruth March 19, 2013 11:07 PM GMT
Why are you obsessed by making comparisons between the BBC and Sky.
I was responding to the

The difference in funding of the BBC and a subscription channel is so painfully obvious. comment of Java

However I believe that the vast majority of the UK population believe quite rightly that they are better off in most ways with the BBC because its just good value.

I do think that defenders of the BBC have a right to observe what we might have to pay for television if the licence fee was scrapped. Without the BBC sky would have almost a monopoly of broadcasting, and can you imagine what they would charge then; the £13 per week could easily double.

I agree that it would be really helpful if the BBC was able to be more accountable to its licence fee payers somehow, but I cannot have all the bbc is a communist plot krap. For ages we have had the quite right wing and definitely pro nuke Dimblebey bros all over the current affairs. Hardly a bunch of commies.
The BBC is "too left wing" if you are a right wing extremist" and too right wing if you are a radical progressive socialist. The fact that the BBC gets loads of flack from both sides suggests its not far from ploughing a middle road.
Report Eeternaloptimist March 19, 2013 11:28 PM GMT
Deranged

If you can't take it don't dish it out you wet blanket.
Report bongo March 19, 2013 11:42 PM GMT
with the BBC because its just good value

Aarrgh - i hate to see people suckered into this kind of thinking. It's good value this. That's my opinion. I'm comfortable having that opinion forced onto everybody else, even the 2 million evaders etc.

The BBC is 100% government broadcasting, it's a little bit educational, occasionally informative and if you're over 60 some say it's entertaining. It contains 0% non-government content.
So if you pay, then you are paying £143 a year for no independent content. As a ratio, it doesn't compute as the divisor is zero. The word value has no meaning.

It shouldn't be part of the public sector. No-one ever died from insufficient State television. It should be directly accountable to the people who pay for it, and the value of the licence fee should be set by a Board elected by the customer. Then we'll find out what value the licence-payer puts on it, and the word value will have meaning again.
Report Java March 20, 2013 9:22 AM GMT
CryofTruth:  "The fact that the BBC gets loads of flack from both sides suggests its not far from ploughing a middle road."

..............ooops.

"BBC Director General Mark Thompson has admitted the corporation was guilty of a 'massive' Left-wing bias in the past.  The TV chief also admitted there had been a 'struggle' to achieve impartiality."
Report cryoftruth March 20, 2013 12:32 PM GMT
“Don't get it from here," he instructs an aide, referring to the hotel's coffee. "This is the new age of cuts, you know," he explains, gesturing at the less-than-grand surroundings. "By the way, the Secretary of State [Jeremy Hunt at Culture] is staying here, too." Do the two men get on? "Oh yeah."

The quote about left wing bias is taken from... you'll never guess...oh yes.. The daily Mail, the lest reliable source of information outside java the banker bonus champion.

I notice that the banker bonus champion uses another extremist rag - The Daily Express, the paper that refused to join a voluntary agreement fro the press to try to tell the truth occasionally.

I also notice that the DG concerned is a buddy with extreme right winger Jeremy Hunt. His view about what is left wing political bias (as reported in the Daily Express and Daily Mail ffs)is at best highly dubious.

All in all java your evidence for left wing bias in all or even most BBC coverage is a pile of dung; just like all your other far right wing bilge.

To describe the BBC as having been putting out "left wing propaganda" is to use English without reference to the true meaning of words.

In short you truly are an utter dong.
Report cryoftruth March 20, 2013 12:40 PM GMT
bongo

if the BBC did not have a licence fee we would all be without the BBC.

I prefer life with it as do the vast majority of people in the UK. I think you try to complicate things too much. For a paltry £2.80p per week we get an incredible range and quality of service. Nothing is perfect and maybe getting rid of some of the right wing built in bias the Dimblebeys bring to the BBC would make it less biased.

Separating the BBC further from government pressure and interference -  yes I agree with this, especially to deal with the evident pressure from a right wing government determined to sqush criticism like blair's did on the Iraqgate scandal. But not at the cost of the funding formula of the BBC where everyone pays so everyone benefits.
Report Java March 20, 2013 12:41 PM GMT
"The quote about left wing bias is taken from... you'll never guess...oh yes.. The daily Mail"

You utter halfwit.  Are you suggesting he didn't say it just because it was in the Mail?  It's a direct quote you imbecile.  Of all the posters on her you are undoubtedly the most stupid.  That is saying something.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/bbc-chief-mark-thompson-admits-leftwing-bias-6509105.html

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/tvandradio/bbc/7976318/BBC-was-biased-against-Thatcher-admits-Mark-Thompson.html

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_the_BBC
Report Java March 20, 2013 12:42 PM GMT
"For a paltry £2.80p per week we get an incredible range and quality of service. "

LMAO!  Laugh  CryoftheDeranged on a BBC sales pitch!
Report bazzar March 20, 2013 3:44 PM GMT
Like it or not JAVA, that spokesman who "admitted" that the B.B.C. was left wing,
was only spouting an opinion, mostly the B.B.C. is pretty fair, but under Blair
their programmeing declined furiously, cookery programmes abounding, refurbishing of houses as a way of accruing more money, in fact anything about money came to the fore, where it was NOT before, I have pointed this out on here before, it should not be the place of the B.B.C. to push the greed motive as they have during the last 14 years.
THATCHER and BLAIR to blame!!!!!!
Report blackburn1 March 20, 2013 3:56 PM GMT
if the BBC did not have a licence fee we would all be without the BBC.

I prefer life with it as do the vast majority of people in the UK.

So cry, if the licence fee became optional, what % would keep paying it?

And why are you so frightened to give people a choice?

PS try to reply without mentioning sacked dinner ladies and racists
Report bazzar March 20, 2013 4:05 PM GMT
In reference to your sacked dinner ladies and racists, I am sure that cry can get around it JUST by mentioning you BLACKBURN!!!!!!
DINNER LADY BLACKBURN.
Report cryoftruth March 21, 2013 8:33 PM GMT
I am very happy to gibe the BBC  choice.

Every election we have a choice and any party can go into an election witha plan to abolish the BBC by making the licence fee voluntary or making the bBC be self funding by adverts or sponsorship etc.

I am absolutely certain that any party planning to abolish the BBC would be wiped out because when it was debated, what we were about to lose would become very clear indeed.

Oh and java, I just love you defending the truth of a Daily Mail story by saying that the Telegraph ran the same stuff but we'll let that pass. The man who said the BBC was biased was passing an opinion. I do not share it; its pretty obvious that the BBC is pretty establishment and very conservative (small "c").

Only real far right wing nutters see the BBC as some sort of communist plot.

"java and far right wing nutters".

Funny how the two go so easily together in the same sentence.
Report cryoftruth March 21, 2013 8:36 PM GMT
another thing java

How are you on mr Ricci's 18 million pund bonus?

Are you keen to join me in blaming Greasy for his laxness in sorting out the shocking bank bonus culture?

Thought not.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com