Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Eeternaloptimist
13 Aug 12 22:09
| Topic/replies: 38,236 | Blogger: Eeternaloptimist's blog
Deep in the shiit, no politician with the fortitude to grab the country by the scruff of the neck and an electorate lured in by the spending crack dealers and thoroughly hooked.

Fecked. Totally fecked.
Pause Switch to Standard View Is there any hope for this country?
Show More
Report Arleystation August 14, 2012 12:39 PM BST
We have to learn that continual year on year real economic growth is not feasible. The law of diminishing returns comes into play. Many people are conditioned into thinking they have a divine right to be more prosperous and more rewarded each year.

It's not so bad to go for walks, read books, listen to music, holiday in Bournemouth instead of Barbados etc etc.
Report Mister E August 14, 2012 12:44 PM BST
Is there any hope for this country?

Not until politicians start thinking outside the box, and talking from entrenched views.
It needs radical thought. Blaming the Euro, the "banks", and smiling it could be worse gets us nowhere.Except that they do get worse.
The alleged "choice" between "cut our way out of it", or "borrow and spend" our way out of it is dated and failed. It suited politicians and people who like putting things in boxes.

We need cuts, a dismantling of the system, temporary emergency measures, and the money saved to be spent on infrastructure projects.

The "banks wont lend" "print more money" thesis is failing.

Any financial entity that sells its assets cheaply, doesn't bother to collect all of the money owed to it, and subcontracts services at a rate that is advantageous to the supplier but a bad deal for the user will finish up one way.

The "banks" won't lend is getting to be a tedious excuse. Consider Osborne that the banks wont "lend" and companies wont "borrow" because there is no confidence in the way you are handling the economy and the Euro crisis. The alternative is that you have the wrong people running the "banks"; well we own a chunk of the banking system, so it is back to you. You can stuff Operation Merlin and QE; the latest wheeze "the more banks lend the cheaper we will make money" sounds like back to square one.

Direct action from the coalition:

1. Proper cuts
2. Collect what we are owed
3. Take the lead, invest in housing and infrastructure.

Rant finished, where are the Prozac?
Report blackburn1 August 14, 2012 1:02 PM BST
Mr E, whilst agreeing with 1 & 2 I dont get the housing thing. If the govt builds more houses it will then give housing benefit to those who want to live there.

Am I missing something?
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 1:05 PM BST
agreed.

housing is as big a bubble as government welfare.

it is easy to say t
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 1:10 PM BST
hat there is a shortage of houses, and that is why prices are high.

but transactions are at record lows for 5 years now, and there are not homeless on the streets.

when the bubble burst in other nations, US, Eire, the alleged shortage of houses that sent prices rocketing was not there.  there are empty developments in spain, eire and las vegas.

because it was not lack of supply sending prices up.

it was low interest rates, speculation, housing benefit, part buy government subsidisation, printy printy pumping up the system.

set free market interest rates, remove housing benefit, other government gimmicks, and remove interest only mortgages and see how unaffordable housing is in the UK for the worker then.
Report Mister E August 14, 2012 1:11 PM BST
I dont know blackie.
I can only talk for round here,
If there were more houses then rents would not be so high, the government would not need to line the landlords pocket so much.
Building  creates jobs, so hopefully people get off benefits.
People have to live somewhere.
Simplistic view I know.
I would rather our money was used building houses; than leisure centres or paying conglomerates over the odds to build public buildings.

Make 3 invest in infrastructure if you like.
It was just an idea for a change in attitude from our current complacency; rather than trying to present a complete solution in a few lines Wink
Report blackburn1 August 14, 2012 1:17 PM BST
I appreciate your sentiment, I said on here a year ago the problem is we have too many people. 3 or 4m unemployed, an unknown amount of immigrants, water shortages, housing shortages, traffic jams, packed trains at rush hour, postcode lottery for schools......shall I go on?

And yet we still wave tens of thousands through every year, we're bleeding ourselves dry.
Report Mister E August 14, 2012 1:22 PM BST
RR,
I was involved in Spain.

You are right. It was the epitome of an artificial bubble.
Banks pumping money in to build the places, banks pumping money in for people to buy them.
The sort of candy floss feel good factor we had here for a few years.

When reality kicked in; you can sell a Spanish property for the price a local buyer who wants to live in it can afford to pay for it.

If it's one bed flat around a pool the locals dont want it.

If its a two bed house on a smart urbanisation, they will buy..but at their price. Those who paid £170k five years ago because it was cheaper than its UK counterpart, might get 100,000 euros with a lot of luck.

Reality kicks in eventually.
Report Mister E August 14, 2012 1:27 PM BST
Blackie,
The old "badly needed skills" cliche has disappeared.
But the sentiment remains.

Shovelling manure in a racing stable, helping old people in and out the bath, and cleaning hospital floors etc.

A necessary "skill", or a source of cheap labour.??

Despite the BS, absolutely nothing has changed.
Report blackburn1 August 14, 2012 1:31 PM BST
Yep, lets not forget who said

We need foreigners to do the jobs ours wont do.

On another thread he's called The Master. He gave an excuse for people to think that picking fruit and washing pots (jobs I've done) was beneath them. Now we've got millions of unskilled, unmotivated aimless people living on benefits.

Thats The Master's legacy
Report subversion August 14, 2012 2:12 PM BST
Mighty Whites 2008 14 Aug 12 11:55
If you looked at every country on the globe there are not many you would put above Britain.

In terms of the world's population we are the lucky ones.

depends how you define your terms MW

UK big cities are overcrowded, multighettoised cesspits with joke infrastructure.

outside the big cities though, life in the UK is indeed rather green and pleasant, and if you are looking at basic quality of life such as fresh air, shelter, living space, rule of law etc, then in these places the UK is indeed ranked very highly. there are many places in the world, even wealthy ones, where even these simple things don't exist.

however, in other areas of life, the UK is in rather rapid decline. employment opportunities, education, infrastructure, urban quality of life etc... if you want to maximise these things, i'd recommend moving abroad in a heartbeat (especially a youngster just starting their career). you really need to experience life in a truly dynamic, fast-paced modern urban environment such as singapore, seoul, tokyo, hong kong to appreciate the difference

i squared this circle personally by working abroad to earn, then returning to live semi-retired in UK (outside the sh!thole cities obviously).

the UK may seem expensive to its inhabitants these days thanks to the trashed currency, but if you are paid in a non-trashed currency, then you'll find plenty of near-bankrupt struggling brits to sell you assets for a pittance. helps to explain why foreigners are so keen to buy up UK assets as well.
Report Dr Crippen August 14, 2012 3:22 PM BST
subversion you are hard and cruel, but the UK still has the best horseracing in the world which is what really matters.

If our currency has taken a battering then look at the Euro.
£100 gets you 127 Euros now, when only a few years ago they almost drew level.
Although our weakness against the Dollar continues.

So everybody had best hang on a bit before they move to Spain, let's see what sort of a landing they have before we all get the big one way ticket.
Report Dr Crippen August 14, 2012 3:40 PM BST
I see the usual suspects above calling for a fall in the prices of houses, okay if they had their way what would happen?
They must think that builders build houses for the sake of the community.
We have a shortage of housing now, we'd have an even bigger one if house prices really fall, and there'd be no new builds until house prices returned to the level that it costs to build them and make a profit out of the exercise.

You can’t manipulate the price of a new build, it costs what it costs with a profit on top.

So how would you get around that with your price drops, or are you happy to see rents going through the roof and most of the cheap housing stock  ending up in the hands of the landlords which is happening anyway? 
Don’t come the LHA bolox supporting the market either, with nothing being built and more people needing accommodation who needs the DSS brigade?

Many houses now are on the market for less than it would cost to build a new one, so how can they be so overpriced?
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 3:52 PM BST
subversion loves his asian cities, and as a eurasian good for him.  the joy of flitting between 2 worlds.  i am pink and germanic and know nothing of much accept the prairie.

but i been to tokyo.  its transport might run on time, but so does uks.  it is just the british love to moan, and the japanese are stoic beyond measure.  but the equivalent of the underground was more overcrowded and hot than the tube, and in high humidity and 110 celsius like it gets in summer.  concrete, charmless, a testament probably to yankee carpet bombing.  everyone is japanese, except the hookers who are chinese and the odd brit.

london has clean air, parks, life and soul.  every food you can imagine.  japanese its served in a box and you have no idea what to do with it. 

london coped with olympic visitors like they do not exist.  the idea uk has poor infrastructure is a joke.

even the crappest towns seems to have trams and great roads.
Report subversion August 14, 2012 3:53 PM BST
Dr Crippen 14 Aug 12 15:40 Joined: 16 Apr 02 | Topic/replies: 7,431 | Blogger: Dr Crippen's blog
I see the usual suspects above calling for a fall in the prices of houses

UK house prices have already fallen massively... if you are a foreigner with a non-trashed currency

thinking about it in those terms explains a lot... such as why the London market is doing relatively well (foreigners love buying in London, pricing young Brits out of their own cities in the process), and why Indian chicken farmers are able to buy up (former) Premier League football teams (sorry blackburn), etc
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 3:56 PM BST
We have a shortage of housing now

on what kanting evidence.  they said the same about Eire, and then when credit ran out, the empty towns took over.  prices are not driven by shortage of supply, or else all properties would be being fought over.  transactions are low, it is the longest time that houses stay on the market since the war.  it is a turgid market, marked by prices too high to be afforded, and debt of people too high to motivate the seller, as interest rates aint pressurising anywhere.  so it sits and festers.
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 3:57 PM BST
You can’t manipulate the price of a new build, it costs what it costs with a profit on top.

So how would you get around that with your price drops

they were building houses in 2000 and selling at prices less than half.

i have been told a crapola unit on small plot with box rooms as they build in the uk costs #30,000 to #40,000.

the average house price is still #180,000.
Report subversion August 14, 2012 3:58 PM BST
RonnieReagan 14 Aug 12 15:52
the idea uk has poor infrastructure is a joke.

once again Reagan, depends where you set the bar

my benchmark is - 3 years commuting to work using public transport in Tokyo and HK, NOT ONE SINGLE DELAY. i'm not exaggerating.

and of course, the day I arrive back in the UK, several hours delay at Heathrow, followed by several hours more on the underground. business as usual.

its all relative. if you compare the UK to tinpot little third-world countries, the infrastructure is fine. compare it to a high-tech modern metropolis, and its a different story.
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 3:59 PM BST
and last time i looked rightmove had over a million of houses that were not new build to sell.  so like a second hand car, lets get some decent prices.

or does crappen want government subsidy of second hand datsuns so BMW can make a profit on new cars, the daft kant.
Report subversion August 14, 2012 4:11 PM BST
RonnieReagan 14 Aug 12 15:52
Japan blah blah blah

Japan is indeed very mono-cultural, and makes little effort to make life easier for foreigners.

there is plenty of fascinating culture, but you have to make the effort with the language. a dumb Westerner who expects everyone to speak English will be in for a shock, thats for sure.

they certainly don't believe in multi-culturalism in Japan. the society is very cohesive (and some would say too conformist). but they manage to get through nasty natural disasters without resorting to the looting that seems to plague the West in such scenarios.

and multi-ghetto-culturalism is nowhere to be seen.
Report Dr Crippen August 14, 2012 4:23 PM BST
the daft kant.

Reagan that just about sums you up.

A drug taking toe-rag swearing at people on a forum.
Report Mister E August 14, 2012 4:37 PM BST
Dont let it get to you Doc.
If he shows himself up that's his problem.

There are a few on here who love and support the guy.
Report Ivor August 14, 2012 4:54 PM BST
Top man is our Ronnie!
Report Mister E August 14, 2012 4:58 PM BST
Thanks Ivor.

Where is EO with a row of smileys in appreciation of RRs witty repartee.

Come on brother, don't let us down.
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 5:03 PM BST
indeed subversion, that sums up the japanese nicely.  what a nation.  anyone that does not admire their culture is a philistine and a fool.

the point was as a gaijin, you do feel alien and made to feel that way.  as is their right, i sweat a lot, and have poor hygiene by japanese standards.  i would never be welcome.  i was kind of making that point.

i do find London has fine transport.  if you journey from Mayfair to the City, i bet you never get delays just like the Japanese commuter.

but millions travel from Harrow on the Hill, or Haywards Heath and then complain about delays. 

i was at the tokyo station, the one with the famous zebra crossings outside, and even at rush hour it was not as hectic as London Victoria and Waterloo.  and people dont commute in from the equivalent of Haywards Heath and Reading by the million in an easier fashion.  i dont buy it.
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 5:04 PM BST
crappen aint gonna engage with the debate, and there was plenty there.

he will get all high and mighty about a single word, the wife murdering property fascist.
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 5:14 PM BST
ivor with his big shiny car and rational political philosophy is very secure, and is a great man.

crappen with his Coventry bus pass, overstretched property portfolio and lets pay benefits to 100% of the population, subsidise uk housing psychotic politics has thin skin.
Report subversion August 14, 2012 5:19 PM BST
Reagan, your last post on commuting is so full of horsesh!t I barely know where to start in replying Laugh
Report subversion August 14, 2012 5:23 PM BST
then again, the USA is notorious for its reliance on cars and thus its dogsh!t public transport, so thats maybe why your standards are so low

i'm still too busy hysterically laughing at your last post to reply properly. Laugh
Report subversion August 14, 2012 5:43 PM BST
RonnieReagan 14 Aug 12 17:03 Joined: 23 Jul 12
i do find London has fine transport.  if you journey from Mayfair to the City, i bet you never get delays just like the Japanese commuter.

but millions travel from Harrow on the Hill, or Haywards Heath and then complain about delays.

what complete and utter nonsense Reagan. Tokyo has suburbs too which commuters travel from, believe it or not. Laugh

Tokyo has a higher population AND a higher total area than London. Tokyo also has heavy daily commuter traffic with neighbouring conurbations like Yokohama and even other major cities with the high-speed shinkansen (bullet trains), for which there is nothing even close to comparable in the UK.

I've also spent several years commuting in London, from all kinds of areas (Brent, Lewisham, Bromley, Stratford, Fulham, Finchley) to both the City and Canary Wharf. frankly, any day without delays was a good day. I learned quickly to live in areas with multiple tube/train lines in case one went t!ts-up.

much of the time, delays were so 'normal' that you added 20 minutes to every journey if it was important to arrive on time for meetings etc. no such need in Tokyo or HK, the reliability levels are in a totally different league to London.

seriously Reagan, you need to get out more. you aren't doing much to dispel the stereotype of the American who thinks a world map is a map of the USA with a bit of Canada included Laugh
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 7:33 PM BST
glad to make subversion laugh.  a cool guy, but sometimes i feel he needs a bit of levity in his life. 

i have always found him to be a man of substance and brains, with a lot more suavity and reason than me.

he is tai chi, whereas i am bar room brawl.

he is sushi, and i am burger with burnt onions.

he is geisha, and i am vegas showgirl.

all i found is that brits love moaning, people leave there to go to new zealand and australia for the "weather" where the former rains more than the hebrides, the latter is a forest fire crocodile dundee hell hole. 

they complain about the transport, and think the olympics will tip it over the edge.  the olympics disappears, as london is so much bigger than the olympics, the trains dont even notice the extra carriage.

japan would rather kill itself than admit fault.  they are the most stoic race on earth, and would rather slit their bellies open than criticise their sacred infrastructure.  hindus treat cows less sacredly. 

i seen tokyo salarymen.  where does London commuter belt stop.  i knew people coming from Ipswich, Brighton, Bournemouth everyday.  all into a square mile in the same 15 minutes.  no other nation, including Japan, compares.  tokyo doesnt have a centre to clog up, the nearest city i have found in concrete sprawl is Los Angeles.  tokyo is wide and dispersed, as are its employment areas.

for subversion to be so virulent in defence of Tokyo and talk so negatively of London, as if EVERY DAY there was delay, is too much bashing his former life.
Report RonnieReagan August 14, 2012 7:56 PM BST
and as for Hong Kong, his other system to leave london so much in the shade, appears to have whole regions with zero public transport (MuiWoe) etc, and bicycles only.

during regular blackrain and typhoons, the whole system is suspended, probably understandably.

funicular railways, unless they do it better than the swiss, must take 20 minutes to go 1 mile, and dont carry many.

and they cant be commuting as far as Haywoods Heath daily, cos its a f"cking island.
Report subversion August 14, 2012 10:04 PM BST
RonnieReagan 14 Aug 12 19:33 Joined: 23 Jul 12
for subversion to be so virulent in defence of Tokyo and talk so negatively of London, as if EVERY DAY there was delay, is too much bashing his former life.

total nonsense Reagan. its just an objective observation having lived and worked in both cities.

after all, its not as if I prefer to whole of Japan to the whole of the UK. I've admitted I prefer living in non-urban UK haven't I.

and its a shame your views on issues like Japanese culture, food etc, are based more on ignorance than fact. you have to make some effort with the language to appreciate the culture, so of course that rules out thick rednecks doesnt it... and Tokyo as a whole has far and away the best food I have experience ANYWHERE, and has more Michelin starred restaurants than any other city in the world.

you really should do some research before posting Reagan, unless of course your goal is to make me laugh, in which case carry on Laugh
Report subversion August 14, 2012 10:12 PM BST
RonnieReagan 14 Aug 12 19:56 Joined: 23 Jul 12
and as for Hong Kong, his other system to leave london so much in the shade, appears to have whole regions with zero public transport (MuiWoe) etc, and bicycles only.

whole regions? Mui Wo is a tiny rural hamlet surrounded by hills and water. i thought we were talking about urban areas Reagan. Laugh

RonnieReagan 14 Aug 12 19:56 Joined: 23 Jul 12
during regular blackrain and typhoons, the whole system is suspended, probably understandably.

so during weather of a severity that barely ever exists in the UK, Hong Kong shuts its transport system (as well as pretty much the whole cities businesses etc). I'd love to see what effect weather like this would have in London, when the wrong kind of leaves on the line are capable of causing mayhem Laugh

seriously Reagan, at least make a token attempt to be balanced if you want a grown-up discussion.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 14, 2012 11:32 PM BST
Advantage subversion thus far. Ronnie needs to leave the mushrooms in the garden and pick up his six shooter. LaughLaughLaugh
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 6:48 AM BST
yeah well that aint championship point.  this is jimmy connors versus michael chang.  we know who the spectators are cheering on, the smooth pretty asian boy, but it just spurs on the yankee slugger.

yankees dont fight in jungles, they like open territory.  but i am taking on the master on alien territory - public transport.

subversions quote which is what this centres on was

UK big cities are overcrowded, multighettoised cesspits with joke infrastructure.

joke infrastructure is a bit too much.  even Glasgow and Newcastle have trams and metros, and buses and trains and roads everywhere. 

he now says it is just the urban areas he wants to discuss, not the outside villages where he obviously lives in and commutes to central london.  possible via train, plane or automobile in UK.   apparently in Hong Kong its a bicycle or nothing, a point he deflects by saying its urban areas only he wants to discuss.

in central london you cannot move for buses, taxes, seems like tube stations on every corner.  maybe he prefers smarter dressed ticket clerks and asian cleanliness, but you can get around ok.

he says he was NEVER been delayed in Hong Kong.  but he admits it shuts down with typhoons/ black rain which is VERY common April to September.  of course London dont cope with it, cos London aint a rock the chinese laughed at the British for taking in war settlement, cos the opium fiends didnt understand harbors.
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 6:50 AM BST
and if UK cities are OVERCROWDED, and he bigs up TOKYO and HONG KONG, the guy might be winning the popularity stakes, but i am calling his perspective biased.
Report Coachbuster August 15, 2012 11:40 AM BST
london has fantastic public transport imo - dunno what londoners have to moan about there
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 11:43 AM BST
well said, and if you find it overcrowded, head to hong kong or tokyo, apparently.  Happy
Report Java August 15, 2012 12:37 PM BST
"london has fantastic public transport imo - dunno what londoners have to moan about there"

Definitely not.

The three key measures are cost, reliability and overcrowding and London fails miserably on the first two and doesn't fair well on the the third.
Report moisok August 15, 2012 1:54 PM BST
nothing much changing in this country from what I can see
rip offs all round
civil servants in trough slurping fest
mps not answering questions
Villiers a  barrister in charge of transport!!! ha ha!!!trains etc
councillors. officers splurging our money
full of non jobs
I thought this was all going to change but the same old same old stuff is spewed out to justify/con us
think I will go and get my flame throwing chieftan tank out of the garage

see ya!!!!
Report subversion August 15, 2012 2:35 PM BST
RonnieReagan 15 Aug 12
well said, and if you find it overcrowded, head to hong kong or tokyo, apparently

Hong Kong and Tokyo are indeed overcrowded. I never said otherwise. the difference is, their infrastructure is far better able to cope with the population level.

RonnieReagan 15 Aug 12
joke infrastructure is a bit too much

again, the USA is renowned for utterly sh!t public transport infrastructure, so I accept that your standards are very low.

I recommend you try flying between, say, Changi/Kansai/Chek Lap Kok direct to Heathrow some time. compare and constract the transport infrastructure each end.

if you can tear yourself away from your provincial hick existence, that is Laugh

RonnieReagan 15 Aug 12 06:48
not the outside villages where he obviously lives in and commutes to central london.  possible via train, plane or automobile in UK.   apparently in Hong Kong its a bicycle or nothing

wrong, wrong and wrong. I'm semi-retired, and when I do earn, its in Asia. I don't work when I'm in the UK any more, I just enjoy the rural life.

as for a bicycle or nothing in HK, I'd love to know either what you are smoking or where you get your facts. even your precious 'Mui Wo' example has both road and ferry links, despite being geographically very difficult to reach.

Java 15 Aug 12 12:37
The three key measures are cost, reliability and overcrowding and London fails miserably on the first two and doesn't fair well on the the third.

Java as usual sums it up perfectly. short and sharp, rather than Reagans dodgy facts and inbred redneck ignorance.

HK, Tokyo and London are all overcrowded, but in terms of cost and reliability of transport infrastructure, London is a distant last place. they aren't even in the same league.
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 9:03 PM BST
again, we are dealing with subversions description of british cities as overcrowded, multighettoised cesspits with joke infrastructure.

he bigs up hong kong as the alternative, with its ferries, funiculur railways, and bicycles.  most densely populated area on earth, chronic pollution.  you are not telling me it is quick, convenient or without delay to get around with ferries and funiculur railways, with typhoon season shutdowns, in a mountainous island in the tropics, i dont care how neon the lights are.

i think we can see his real problem with British cities is that "multighettoised" element.

he calls me a redneck, inbred and hick, so lets examine his background, that of the eurasian.

99% of eurasians are a mix between inadequate, pot bellied, balding white guys, and tiger asian moms.

it is no surprise he is biased to his eastern side.  who wouldnt be.

however, he doesnt like mixing with other cultures because it reminds him, however smooth he is, any other race does not carry the curse of the 2 inch wanger, and the disproportion of number of girls of his race dating others, with lack of traffic the other way for his race, being rarer than hen's teeth.
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 9:13 PM BST
so he will hang around the mono cultural asian cities, or hide in the country, he dont like seeing whitey or darkey. 

and make overblown statements like british cities have "joke infrastructure" and are "overcrowded" as he drives down the A23 to Haywards Heath, or mebbe catches the train.

dont know what its like to rural village life in China.  bet it aint anything that makes UK seem a "joke".
Report subversion August 15, 2012 10:08 PM BST
wow Reagan, talk about a spectacular deviation from the topic. well done. I've lived and worked in all the cities in question, make an objective observation about their relative merits, and you can't handle that and are now talking about "wangers" LaughLaughLaughLaugh

you call me "biased to my eastern side" when I've said repeatedly that I prefer non-urban UK life to all these other places. are you that much of an inbred simpleton that you struggle to read???

and god knows why you are talking about having to get around Hong Kong on bicycles and funicular railways. Hong Kongs rail system is constantly rated up there as in the top handful in the world. more than you can say about Londons creaking, decrepit system.

you also seem obsessed by weather, but I bet London loses more days to strikes every year than Hong Kong loses to weather (which would easily grind London to a halt as well)

talking with you is always a fascinating insight into the insular, dribbling hillbilly mindset Laugh
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 10:17 PM BST
subversion talks about deviation when i venture into stereotypical insults of eurasians and their wangers, but its not deviation when he ventures into stereotypical insults of inbreeding, hicks, insular yankee etc etc.  and he put plenty of those into me before I responded.  so its faux smileys.

he supports java saying Londons transport is expensive and overcrowded.  it is, but so is Tokyo's.

he now admits Hong kong gets delays with typhoons, about the same as london gets from strikes, which is plenty. 

but what he is not admitting is i am not arguing London's is a LOT BETTER than Hong Kong or Tokyo.  it is probably slightly dirtier, slightly more expensive, but slightly less overcrowded, and got a wider spread into the real rural areas. 

all 3 great cities.

but he described British cities as overcrowded and Joke infrastructure, and Tokyo and Hong Kong as if they were nirvana.  that is exaggeration beyond expression.

they all have warts, that is the beauty of cities.
Report subversion August 15, 2012 10:33 PM BST
RonnieReagan 15 Aug 12
but he described British cities as overcrowded and Joke infrastructure, and Tokyo and Hong Kong as if they were nirvana

utter b*llocks again Reagan.

a simple question for you. if I believe they are nirvana, why do I live in non-urban UK by choice? get your inbred head around that if you can. Laugh

I strongly prefer them as places to work, but wouldn't call any of them even close to 'nirvana'.

as for the rest of your nonsense, I've said repeatedly that all three are overcrowded cities. but if you think the transport infrastructure is remotely comparable on cost or reliability, I challenge you to do some basic research.

find me a SINGLE article that suggests Londons reliability figures are even close to Hong Kong or Tokyo. then see if you can find articles suggesting the opposite Laugh

or maybe do some basic ticket price comparisons for comparable underground tickets for similar distance journeys. simple, right? Shocked

go on hillbilly, you might learn something.

then again, I fully expect you to stick to your redneck gibbering while accusing me of bias for daring to actually have lived and worked in all three places and having a preference based on direct experience Laugh
Report subversion August 15, 2012 10:36 PM BST
a word of warning though, if you go to the web pages of the Tokyo Metro or Hong Kong MTR, you might see a few funny squiggles and odd-sounding anglicised words on those pages.

those are foreign languages.

don't be scared LaughLaughLaugh
Report ROCKIN HORSE August 15, 2012 10:40 PM BST
Ronnie is a cunning linguist
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 10:47 PM BST
do you think smileys add to your argument? 

still on the redneck "deviation" i see, i promise i wont deviate myself.

Ginza line journey looks 190 yen each way, whats that in limey money, GBP3.50?

as i say, London probably bit more expensive, 4.50 return. 

you did say things like delayed every day in London, NEVER delayed in Hong Kong, you did say JOke infrastructure.  it all seems extreme.
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 10:50 PM BST
subversion hides in the country cos UK cities too much for him, and thinks i am scared of squiggles.

he brags about commuting from Brent, Lewisham, Stratford, Finchley, Fulham, Bromley revealing a life of bedsit to bedsit.

i dont know, is that deviating from the subject?
Report subversion August 15, 2012 10:52 PM BST
add to my argument? no Reagan, it just amuses me and keeps me interested in the otherwise tedious task of debating with a semi-literate redneck Laugh

come on then Reagan, you are doing so well. Hong Kong data please?

then we can look at that the accuracy of that London price you've supplied

you see, you are learning something, hillbilly boy. learning is fun Laugh
Report subversion August 15, 2012 11:05 PM BST
RonnieReagan 15 Aug 12 22:50
subversion hides in the country cos UK cities too much for him

nope, I just enjoy fresh air, green surroundings and living space.

he brags about commuting from Brent, Lewisham, Stratford, Finchley, Fulham, Bromley revealing a life of bedsit to bedsit.

I've lived in everything from bedsits to upmarket flats in jolly London.

reveals a life of starting with little and working my way to wealth and early retirement.
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 11:08 PM BST
what form of transport, funiculur railway, ferry, walking pavement?

what is the equivalent "route" in London that covers a vertical tropical mountainous terrain?

or is it just railways you want, that dont cover the following densely populated areas in Hong Kong, so is in no way equivalent to London in its expanse.

Siu Sai Wan
Kennedy Town
Sai Ying Pun
Wong Chuk Hang
Aberdeen
Ap Lei Chau
Wah Fu
Tai Wo Pung
Tsz Wan Shan
Sau Mau Ping
Shun Lee
Hung Hom
Ho Man Tin
To Kwa Wan
Ma Tau Wai
Kowloon City
San Po Kong
Sheun Kwai Chung
Tsing Yi
Chai Wan Kok

what has ANY of this crapola questioning got to do with your "never been delayed in Hong Kong" despite admitting ferries are required, and typhoons (as common as London strikes) shut down the whole system hyperbole.  or delayed every single day in London hyperbole.  or "joke infrastructure" hyperbole.

you exaggerate the greatness of one, and exaggerate the poorness of the other.
Report subversion August 15, 2012 11:12 PM BST
I've tried to keep it simple for you Reagan. Laugh

all 3 cities are indeed geographically unique, but they all have underground systems, so lets compare journeys of similar distance and duration on them, and look at the prices

or are you blustering again now that we are going to be looking at hard facts? no cities have perfect rail/metro coverage Reagan, look at the tube coverage of North vs South London if you want a glaring example.

lets compare like-with-like journeys. over to you, hillbilly boy.
Report Mighty Whites 2008 August 15, 2012 11:14 PM BST
with no lefties left to swipe the righties turn on themselves ...
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 11:16 PM BST
aha, we are ignoring "joke infrastructure" and "always delayed" versus "never delayed".  vast generalisations.

subversion now wants to compare one form of transport only.  and one aspect of that one form of transport only.  the price.

he thinks if he proves that London is more expensive in that one mode of transport, by making such a laser, narrow focus, it justifies his gross simplifications and generalisations.

you can tell he is an asian salaryman.
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 11:18 PM BST
i will never turn on you mightywhites, unless you make insulting, hyperbolic generalisations and then want to get me to research minutiae.
Report subversion August 15, 2012 11:20 PM BST
my exact quote was this Reagan - "3 years commuting to work using public transport in Tokyo and HK, NOT ONE SINGLE DELAY"

it is a simple statement of fact, you are the one questioning it

i'm also happy to compare other forms of transport too, but I thought it would be nice to start on a simple, unambiguous one, which also happens to be the one directly applicable to my statement - very similar commuter journeys in all 3 cities

but once again, now that we are talking about measurable facts, you are squirming and desperate to avoid the subject Laugh

pitiful stuff, hillbilly boy LaughLaughLaugh
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 11:34 PM BST
i dont believe it.  subversion actually addresses the point.

i have argued with subversion before.  like EO, when his smug world is challenged he is quick to insult and overdose on the smileys and pretend we are talking about something else.  doesnt have the range, humor or imagination of EO, who would have gotten a bit better than the hillbilly jibes, at least by post 40.

he must have put hillbilly/redneck etc into every post.  i put one insult in one post and he calls it deviation.

at least he has put his quote up saying NEVER delayed in HK. 

admits it was just the MRT, so i can stop banging on about ferries, non covered areas and funiculur railways.  why waste all that time subversion.

his overdosing on how hanging London's transport is and how wondrous HK is just smacks of hyperbole. 

let him enjoy his green grass.
Report subversion August 15, 2012 11:43 PM BST
PMSL Reagan, my quote is exactly the same as in the initial post which got you all upset

the fact that your limited reading comprehension skills led you to misinterpret it initially is your problem Laugh

as for insulting posts, you are one of the most offensive posters on here, you've even been banned for that in the past, and now you whinge like a little p*ssy when you get some back

however, i'm highly impressed by your ability to run away screaming whenever i suggest we look at some hard facts Laugh
Report RonnieReagan August 15, 2012 11:53 PM BST
am i running away screaming?  am i really?  how many inane, pointless ripostes have we made to each other.  i am boring myself now, and i normally never tire of debate. 

you have got a brain, and i normally dont tire even when my opponent appears rather challenged.

its hardly got x rated.  my criticism of your insults are their monotony and softness, and how you called a feeble 2 inch wanger jibe a distraction in the midst of your insults.

it is all hyperbole with you. 

yeah, i read the post about you never getting delayed in HK.  the fact you wasted 5 hours before admitting it was only the MRT you used, when we were talking ferries and funiculurs and bicycles is just stupid. 

obviously you didnt post again all those exaggerated things about British cities.  I copied the "joke infrastructure" bit, anyone can read all the other negatives.

what is it we are now even arguing?
Report Eeternaloptimist August 15, 2012 11:53 PM BST
Don't be dragging me into that sack with you two deranged battling ferrets on acid. I'll never get out alive. I'll either be shot and my head placed over the mantelpiece by the redneck or eaten by the fella with the funny eyes. Wink
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:00 AM BST
me and subversion quarrel cos as i say, he is Tai Chi, and I am barroom brawler.  he is Geisha and I am crack riddled ho.

its like cross currents, we dont even know what we are arguing about we just dont like the stench the other gives off.

me and EO are like transatlantic cousins.  hes gotta have a bit of Crumbacher blood.

we argued once, cos he said poverty was necessary in capitalism.  it soon got xrated and descended into stories of sexual conquests, and we made up.
Report subversion August 16, 2012 12:03 AM BST
RonnieReagan 15 Aug 12 23:53
yeah, i read the post about you never getting delayed in HK.  the fact you wasted 5 hours before admitting it was only the MRT you used, when we were talking ferries and funiculurs and bicycles is just stupid. 

you are a sick man Reagan. its you that introduced these topics, not me.

if you wanted clarification, you could have asked. or if you wanted to make half-@rsed assumptions, you could start with the way most people in all 3 cities commute to work - by rail, especially by underground.

but no, you decided to assume that my journeys were some kind of modern wacky-races analogue, and i humoured you just to see where your stupidity would take you Laugh

i have no idea and couldnt care less which crack-addled part of your brain dreamt up this silliness

obviously you didnt post again all those exaggerated things about British cities.  I copied the "joke infrastructure" bit, anyone can read all the other negatives.

exaggerated? the 'joke infrastructure' comment is obviously a colourful personal opinion. you however aren't remotely interested in the facts that have led me to form this opinion, so whats the point of addressing it further?

it is all hyperbole with you. 

its only 'all hyperbole' because you are desperate to avoid any introduction of factual comparison into the debate Laugh
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:08 AM BST
i say "exaggeration", he says "colorful personal opinion".

i say he should have said he got the MRT only, he says i should have asked.

i like the Wacky Races bit.  that actually is quite funny. 

is a smiley appropriate?  why not.  Laugh
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:09 AM BST
it is all i am from mars, he is from venus with me and subversion, that was the point i was making before i bigged up the wacky races comment.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:15 AM BST
If I may interject. I can't comment on the far east because Goa is as far east as I've been but I was brought up in a place which had three trains into Manchester a day and one bus out of town per hour. When I was at bar school in London I was amazed to see the looks of absolute horror on peoples faces if it said anything more than about 3 minutes until the next tube. I travelled in every day first by train and then tube from Finchley and I never had a problem with the journey.
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:19 AM BST
you may interject, and it seems sound. 

no "never" no "joke infrastructure" no hiding pertinent information, no gross simplifications, just straight up in the guts butch talk.

you must be straight up caucasian, you aint eurasian, are you EO? 

am i allowed to say that, he did call me a redneck repeatedly teacher?
Report ROCKIN HORSE August 16, 2012 12:21 AM BST
Trying to get into London from the outskirts one day and waiting ages for a bus,I angrily uttered its a right country bus this,a woman behind me shouted over angrily,well,theres no need for that I must say,I sat in my seat bemused,it was a days later I realised what she thought I'd said
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:23 AM BST
what did she think you said?  i dont want to wait for days later, i want instant gratification. 

do all your jokes require further explanation?

why do they go on forever, with no fullstops and no clear punchline?
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:25 AM BST
Ronnie

Is this like a covert interview for the Klan? I'm all white. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ROCKIN HORSE August 16, 2012 12:26 AM BST
Its not a joke it actully happened,she obviously thought I'd said "its a right c*nt of a bus this"
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:26 AM BST
I think there was some cnunt in there. I think it was Rockin Horse. Grin
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:27 AM BST
Too late again. CryCryCryCryCryCry
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:29 AM BST
so a woman mistook "country" for "c"nt of a"??

you didnt mean it is a joke, it was just a story?? 

what are you going to do next, tuck us in for the night??
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:31 AM BST
where has subversion gone, bothering people on greyhounds to look up bus timetables?
Report ROCKIN HORSE August 16, 2012 12:32 AM BST
Ron go and get your hemorrhoids lanced,you miserable phuckwitt
Report subversion August 16, 2012 12:32 AM BST
Eeternaloptimist 15 Aug 12 23:53
Don't be dragging me into that sack with you two deranged battling ferrets on acid. I'll never get out alive. I'll either be shot and my head placed over the mantelpiece by the redneck or eaten by the fella with the funny eyes.

eat you EO? don't be disgusting, I have no idea where you've been
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:33 AM BST
RH obsessing on another man's anus yet again, i note.
Report ROCKIN HORSE August 16, 2012 12:33 AM BST
Very close to Ronnie I should imagine
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:33 AM BST
Rockin Horse is the kind of guy who would stop an orgy in its tracks by asking if everybody had been tested for Aids and The Clap.
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:34 AM BST
is this a 4 way bitch slapping session?
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:35 AM BST
RockinHorse is the kind of guy that would kill an orgy by turning up in tweeds, pushing his 80 year old dad.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:35 AM BST
subversion

I think you do and that is what is giving you second thoughts. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report subversion August 16, 2012 12:37 AM BST
white devil liver pickled in scotch over many decades.

sounds delicious. Laugh
Report ROCKIN HORSE August 16, 2012 12:37 AM BST
Reagan would kill everyone at the orgy,whilst reciting Catcher in the Rye
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:38 AM BST
sounds delicious?

to who?

Fu Manchu?
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:38 AM BST
Just before he went for the gravy up would pop his head from between her legs and he would ask the young lady, "do you think I look like Cary Grant?"
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:39 AM BST
subversion

Where I have been over decades of debauchery would be guaranteed to give even the strongest constitution the shiits. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:39 AM BST
"do you like my tweeds?"
Report subversion August 16, 2012 12:40 AM BST
steamed hillbilly brain probably doesn't have much appeal

but at least it would be bite-sized and could be eaten with chopsticks Laugh
Report ROCKIN HORSE August 16, 2012 12:42 AM BST
You have all the personality atributes of Manson and Hinckley Ron,do you own many guns?I'm quite sure CNN will be live outside your house one day
Report RonnieReagan August 16, 2012 12:42 AM BST
a bit like your wanger.
Report subversion August 16, 2012 12:45 AM BST
obsessing over another mans wanger again Reagan?

keep dreaming old chap. it would split you in half.
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:47 AM BST
Hang on a minute Ronnie. Are you saying that Rockin Horse's wanger will be outside your house one day? LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report subversion August 16, 2012 12:49 AM BST
EO LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ROCKIN HORSE August 16, 2012 12:49 AM BST
He's a worst case than I though ,classic sexual deviant psychopath
Report Eeternaloptimist August 16, 2012 12:57 AM BST
No wonder we get on so well. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report ROCKIN HORSE August 16, 2012 1:04 AM BST
This has got to be THE most obnoxious forum on the betfair siteLaughLaughLaughLaugh

even the most innocuous and placid starter subjects turn into threats of grisly homicide
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com