Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Eeternaloptimist
11 Jan 12 10:07
| Topic/replies: 6,042 | Blogger: Eeternaloptimist's blog
People like Karla who work for the blighters think we are mad to even ask the question so perhaps we can flush one of them out to give us an explanation.
Pause Switch to Standard View Why do councils need PR departments?
Show More
Report Java March 8, 2012 4:47 PM GMT
Karla is clueless.  It is fun though when she gets high and mighty. Laugh
Report blackburn1 March 8, 2012 4:51 PM GMT
The boast on the Cheltenham thread about "having a few hundred on" is priceless.

Like Dr J's thread about winning £250k in 5 years.

Look at me, look at me, look at me, pleeeeeaaaassseee look at me.

Happy
Report Comrade_Karla March 8, 2012 5:17 PM GMT
Mr Java thinks stating a simple fact is high and mighty.
Mr Eeternal thinks the same is running your mouth off.

And finally, perhaps the most entertainemt comes from Mr Blackburn who thinks a bet of a few hundred pounds is boasting and attention seeking.

They really are a strange little gang.

Incidentally Mr Blackburn, I have several thousand riding on Midnight Game. And neither is that a boast - just how it is.
Report Java March 8, 2012 5:58 PM GMT
"Mr Java thinks stating a simple fact is high and mighty."

What fact?  Or is this just a "fact" in your confused mind?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 8, 2012 7:51 PM GMT
Had she stated FACT that might have carried the day.
Report Eeternaloptimist March 8, 2012 7:51 PM GMT
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Eeternaloptimist March 9, 2012 11:51 AM GMT
Te recap:

Karla is stood on first base screeching, "HOME RUN" when the crowd has gone home and the stadium has been shut down for the night.

Can she bring herself to watch the replay to see that in reality she trickled the ball onto the field and was run out less than halfway to said first base?

More pertinently will it register?
Report Java March 9, 2012 11:56 AM GMT
The frightening thing is that Karla has no comprehension of why her example of defence is totally inappropriate.  And that is the problem in a nutshell.  The councils actually believe they are adding value and benefiting the community by employing a PR department to tell the community what a great job they are doing.  Sickening.
Report Java March 9, 2012 11:58 AM GMT
Still it is hard to beat the notion that the pair of dunces Tucho and Karla both think that the following position is hypocritical

A) I do not want the state to stop adults drinking if they wish
B) I want the state to stop children drinking

Laugh
Report Eeternaloptimist March 9, 2012 12:06 PM GMT
Or to put it another way:

She thinks an assertion that getting a message out is enough of an answer to a question seeking clarification as to why we pay a monopoly supplier to advertise its wares to us? "Other organisations do it" we are told. We know why Tesco do it. It isn't for our benefit. They want us in their shop buying their goods and not down the road at Sainsbury. To be fair to them they do that so effectively that their customers pay them to do this.

If I could pay another company to empty my bin or sweep the street I could see why the council might be so keen to make me aware of what a great service they are providing. As it is they have the gig stitched up. Not only are they the monopoly supplier but I am compelled by law to buy what it is they are supplying me with.

So then Karla attempts to change horses mid stream. We are like an army logistics crew she screeches. Okay then we counter but an army has a clearly defined remit of keeping us safe in our beds at night and all the personnel within that organisation are working to facilitate that remit and those who aren't doing so directly are effectively assisting those who are. A local council also has a clearly defined remit of providing services for their people. Which then begs the question how does advertising those services help the people who are actually providing the service and, as Java asks, are we getting the biggest bang for our buck in doing this?

This is the sticking point for Karla. She is like some perma grinning television evangelist telling us to believe when we are asking for logical clarification.

Why is the phrase money for old rope springing to mind and why is Karla screeching, "HOME RUN" when we were playing cricket?
Report Java March 9, 2012 12:18 PM GMT
"If I could pay another company to empty my bin or sweep the street I could see why the council might be so keen to make me aware of what a great service they are providing. As it is they have the gig stitched up."

It's all about justification of Empire building.  And convincing you that it is okay that they are emptying your bin less frequently and closing libraries while at the same time hiring mediocre staff with woolly remits on 80k a year?
Report bongo March 14, 2012 9:12 PM GMT
Like many others, the 2011-2012 Council Tax bill arrived this week, accompanied by a wee booklet outlining 'What we spend your money on?'.

It is propaganda, containing self-praise for identifying efficiency savings, a list of services the council help provide, but no explicit mention of their biggest source of revenue, or two biggest expenditures ( pensions and wages ).

Ok, so the intention is to get you to willingly pay your council tax, but was it really needed?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 14, 2012 10:11 PM GMT
Ask Karla.

And then wait. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report bongo March 14, 2012 11:30 PM GMT
Ooops, calendar fail. It's the 2012-2013 council tax bills that are dropping onto doormats this week with the bumph saying read about our efficiency savings and how hard we're working, please continue to pay by direct debit.
Report Java March 15, 2012 9:18 AM GMT
We've closed your library.  We won't empty your bin once a week.  But our pensions are sorted with your cash.  Thank you.

Utter utter sc*m.
Report Arleystation March 15, 2012 11:46 AM GMT
Our blurb tells us that we have award winning toiletsHappy. It also advises in the small print that total cost of County Council services is £10.304 million which includes £6.304 million for staffing. Just the 62% on Council staff salaries and their pensions then.
Report moisok March 15, 2012 12:45 PM GMT
Imagine if they appointed a council spending czar like branson or sugar!!!???
they would be trembling in their boots
but then these czars dont actually achieve anything
ho hum
back under the duvet for me
sorry!!!!

back out again - apologies
Imagine appointing someone who has run a private business to head of council officers!!!
now that would cause a headache for the gravy train

HEADLINES - MAN FOUND DEAD  - SHOT UNDER DUVET SHOCK HORROR!!!
Report blackfritz March 18, 2012 11:46 PM GMT
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/council-spending/9148882/Council-chiefs-five-star-dinner-for-handling-cuts.html

Perhaps this is why they need PR depts!  What an excellent use of council taxpayers money!!
Report Eeternaloptimist March 19, 2012 12:24 AM GMT
I wonder if Karla had her snout in the trough?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 20, 2012 10:45 PM GMT
She's around. I can smell her.
Report Java March 21, 2012 11:09 AM GMT
I see the spineless coward swerved this thread again.

Karla - why do you consider it necessary and a good use of taxpayer money for councils to "get their message out"?  Why don't they either increase spending on their services instead or reduce the council tax bill?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 21, 2012 10:45 PM GMT
What a complete and utter shower she is.
Report Comrade_Karla March 22, 2012 10:32 AM GMT
I see the spineless coward swerved this thread again.

Yet the facts show us I have made over 30 posts on this pointless thread - more than I have ever posted on any other thread. So the swerving accusation can go down the same plug hole as the cowardice one. Tsk.

What's really odd about this thread are these two bozo's are the only ones that don't get it. Here's what two of their right-wing chums said on this very thread :

Arleystation
There's the answer then, strangely provided on another thread.

Burt06 
To be fair to karla she has answered your just badgering now.

I could ask them to explain things very simply for you two, but they are probably at the hospital having their sides sewn back up.

Incidentally, any joy with this one yet : why do the Military spend so much on logistics or interpreters or computers or such like - why don't they just use all the money to buy guns and rockets?

Mr Java and Mr Eeternal - dumber than a second coat of paint.
Report Java March 22, 2012 10:59 AM GMT
The logistics point has already been answered:

"The goal of the military is to provide defence by the threat of being able to destroy other people.  Logistics, while not being destructive, facilitates this goal.

The goal of councils is the provide services to the community. PR DOES NOT facilitate the delivery of services.  PR merely shows the councils' level of service in the best light possible."
Report Java March 22, 2012 10:59 AM GMT
You continue to squirm

Karla - why do you consider it necessary and a good use of taxpayer money for councils to "get their message out"?  Why don't they either increase spending on their services instead or reduce the council tax bill?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 22, 2012 11:54 AM GMT
Karla

You may have posted a lot on the thread but only in an attempt to dissemble. Your goal is clearly not clarity or to advance the collective sum of knowledge about your "invaluable service".
Report Eeternaloptimist March 22, 2012 12:00 PM GMT
Note the word need in the thread opener. It doesn't say want. So by necessity if you want to add to the discussion in defence of the antics of councils then it is necessary to provide clarification of the need. What you have done is provided an answer to why councils may want them. In order to clarify why they need them then by necessity that involves far more detail so that people can take an informed view.
Report Java March 27, 2012 3:20 PM BST
The spineless coward alarm when off as I see Karla is posting on multiple threads.  Perhaps she can find time to pop in on this one?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 27, 2012 10:53 PM BST
Not a hope in hell. Unless it is to spout some more bullshiit.
Report Comrade_Karla March 28, 2012 6:07 PM BST
Oh sweeties, still not got it? *many sad faces*
Report Eeternaloptimist March 28, 2012 6:12 PM BST
Like I said. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Java March 29, 2012 11:24 AM BST
What a spineless coward Karla is.  Sad
Report Comrade_Karla April 2, 2012 10:16 AM BST
And still Mr Java can't see the woods for the trees. * many sad faces *
Report blackburn1 April 2, 2012 10:24 AM BST
karla there are factions on here, sworn enemies.

How does it feel knowing that the entire forum thinks you're a pathetic waste of space?

Mischief
Report Comrade_Karla April 2, 2012 10:26 AM BST
Source for that assertion?

Thanks.
Report blackburn1 April 2, 2012 10:30 AM BST
Just read the threads you deluded child.

You come across as immature, easily led and sycophantic.

You're much safer with a couscous in the subsidised canteen karla, they'll stroke your over inflated ego.

Laugh
Report Comrade_Karla April 2, 2012 10:34 AM BST
Oh, you have no source. I see.

Thanks.
Report Eeternaloptimist April 2, 2012 11:21 AM BST
Typical. Absolutetly desperate beyond belief and reason to engage in nonsense spats but no fire in her belly when it comes to debating the substantive issues. I do hope she is this useless and spineless when she gets the tap on the shoulder from the man who is there to ask her to explain why they should keep throwing taxpayers money at her. I'd love to be there that day. LaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report Eeternaloptimist April 2, 2012 11:23 AM BST
By the way Karla ole Blockie would have to ask everybody on the forum. Perhaps it would be easier if you kind someone who has a good word to say about you.
Report blackburn1 April 2, 2012 11:33 AM BST
This is a fine balancing act, I need a focus for my abuse and too many drony luvvies have left us.

I'm loathe to push karla too far
Report twomatchpoints April 5, 2012 12:33 PM BST
You can have a go at me if you want

It'll tide you over until more cannon fodder arrives
Report A.H HUNTER esq. April 5, 2012 1:03 PM BST
Useless b@stards .

Driving along a road near me whack massive pot hole ,new tyre and cracked alloy .

Think oh sh1t that is expensive and time consuming .

Phone up the council to tell them to repair the hole.

Council worker tells me ,"You can claim for that sir send in the details" so I do . They confirm receipt of my letter but then ask for a copy of log book,MOT,insurance and location of pot hole etc.. etc.... send all that in and wait .................... bearing in mind I had no thought to make a claim and just phoned to report it so that nobody else suffered the same way . 3 months passes and the useless council send a letter saying I have no grounds for a claim ,but they fill the massive pot hole in ,useless shower of you know what .
Report moisok April 5, 2012 7:48 PM BST
you are stupid hunter
why didn't you swerve round it - quite clearly no grounds for a claim
he he!!!

tongue firmly in cheek !!!!
Report treetop April 5, 2012 8:18 PM BST
Returning to the original post my guess is that most councils have a member who has ,or is related to someone who has, his own printing business and generating increasing amounts of PR handouts offers a grand opportunity to make money out of the council funds. My local one had a leading Labour member kicked out for that 15 years ago but lo and behold, he is back again in a leading position ! Funny how ability always rises to the top in the labour party ?
Report bongo April 17, 2012 10:59 PM BST
It looks like Karla's council PR department is being called on to gather some data.

http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/council_employees_early_retireme

I wonder if they'll be able to show the council in a good light, when they come back and answer, and if they'll do it within 20 working days , or 21 allowing for strike days Silly . . .
Report blackfritz April 29, 2012 9:07 PM BST
This sheds some light on the lovely payoffs to some former public sector employees, and the current salary levels of the high earners!

http://www.taxpayersalliance.com/thrl2012.pdf
Report bongo May 4, 2012 9:50 PM BST
The council have replied, and the spin machine has been at work but on betfair politics forum we see through them:
'The LGPS Normal Retirement Age is 65'
That's the spin part, trying to tell you that it's normal for council workers to retire at 65.
Then comes the data, that in 5 years 329 people retired on terms what Hutton recognises now to be the unaffordable public sector pension scheme, and that they retired early. Oops - because based on the size of the council and typical staff turnover rates, it's pretty obvious that in the 5 year period quoted it was not 'normal' to retire at 65.

They should all be on 0% 0% 1% and 1% pay rises like the workers they've left behind, rather than living the good life taking foreign coach holidays 3 times a year rubbing their RPI protected pension increases in every one else's faces.
Report Eeternaloptimist May 5, 2012 2:01 PM BST
Perhaps that is why we haven't seen Comrade Crackers around these parts lately. She has retired on full pension at 30 due to the stress of being battered from pillar to post on here and she is currently on that coaching holiday programme with all the oddballs and fairies making their way around Europe.
Report bongo May 11, 2012 7:28 PM BST
http://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/numbers_reaching_normal_retireme

In the five year period to 31 March 2012, 76 employees took their pension
benefits on or after age 65

And over 300 didn't - and they have the stone-faced bravado to say that 65 is 'normal' retirement age. Or perhaps they don't realise what they've said.
Get on the train for long enough and you can pull the cord and get off when it suits.
Report Eeternaloptimist May 11, 2012 10:16 PM BST
Karla is on the forum now. Maybe now is the time.
Report twomatchpoints May 12, 2012 1:13 PM BST
I'm so bored I went back to page 1 and read all her posts.

I found 3 more spelling errors that she hasn't asked Betfair to correct....yet Happy

Comrade_Karla
25 Jan 12 13:58
More a case of chuckling at you two needy Bunnies demandind an answer to something I have already answered.

Comrade_Karla
27 Jan 12 13:27
Once you've done that I will give the obvious answer and then for the next few weeks we can laugh at Mr Java and Mr Eeternal stomping around the thread demanding "answers". ( many smilie faces
)

Comrade_Karla
30 Jan 12 20:09
I will keep this thread at the top for as long as I remember. It is a testament to the sad,obsessive, needy, and utterly stupid examples of Human-Beings that you and Mr Java are.

Maybe the people that have read my answers such as Burt and Arley can explain to Mr Java and Mr Eeternal where they are and put them out of their misery. I could but obviously it's too much fun watching the obsessive frieks make such fools of themselves. ( smilie faces infinity )

I ignored the upper case and hyphenated Human-Being - as it was spelt correctly.

Off to the racing now, have fun.
Report Eeternaloptimist May 12, 2012 1:20 PM BST
That's right. Kick a girl when she is on her knees. You brute. LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report twomatchpoints May 13, 2012 1:07 AM BST
Cool
Report grappler May 13, 2012 11:14 PM BST
remember, this sixth-rate d1vvy is in receipt of large amounts of our money. as are tens of thousands like her. we are all guilty, via our apathy, of allowing this to happen. as edmund burke didnt quite say; 'all that is required for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing'
Report Eeternaloptimist May 13, 2012 11:24 PM BST
Sixth rate divvy on a six figure salary if she is to believed. If any of her bullshiit were true it would be enough to make your eyes bleed.
Report bongo May 22, 2012 8:42 PM BST
Went to the park today, and came away thinking 'you know what, the council's parks and recreation boys have done a beautiful job here'.
There were beds of lovely flowers, beeches in leaf ( a little late but looking good ), people hacking golf balls round the shrubs and twists of the miniature golf, and a silvery clear and clean pond with appreciative ducks. Nobody was playing tennis though - councils always seem to provide under-utilised tennis courts - not sure why. It was a sunny day, a fair bit of cleavage on show, which is probably outside the council's control unless i'm misstaken, but overall a credit to the dept.

Still not clear why a PR department is required for this though when a good-looking and highly visible park ( it's next to a major bus route ) is all the publicity required.
Report Mister E May 23, 2012 1:14 PM BST
Just got the latest propaganda sheet.
Usual handy hints:
Left over rice can be reheated the following day
Left over grated cheese can be stored in the fridge or frozen
If you are on medication and going out for the day remember to take it with you
In hot weather make sure you take a drink with you.

For those who think this waste is purely the product of what they call "Loony Left" or "Nut Butties", it is time to open your eyes.
Report Java May 23, 2012 1:26 PM BST
This thread is a wonderful testament to Karla's stupidity.
Report Java May 23, 2012 1:27 PM BST
It's the product of self serving politicians on both sides who can't create an environment for proper industry.
Report Mister E May 23, 2012 1:39 PM BST
Meanwhile the Council have lost a court case over their plans to use volunteers to run the Libraries.
Report Java May 23, 2012 1:59 PM BST
what was their line of argument?  Can't they just fire ONE associate director to fund this?
Report Mister E May 23, 2012 4:45 PM BST
Or stop sending every household in the County that pathetic propaganda sheet.

Or bothExcited
Report Arleystation December 4, 2012 3:40 PM GMT
Let's get this one removed tooGrin.
Report Comrade_Karla December 4, 2012 3:44 PM GMT
Good thread this. They ask a pointless and rhetorical question - I answer, although goodness knows why I bother and still they don't understand. It's a little like solving 2+2 for them several times and still they don't get it.
Report Comrade_Karla December 4, 2012 3:47 PM GMT
Incidentally Arleystation, while it hasn't been over 2 years here is what Mr Java thinks of you anyway.

Java 30 Nov 12 16:17 
One must question to what level a man's existence has fallen to if he passes his days searching the betfair forum from several years ago
Sad

Happy
Report Arleystation December 4, 2012 4:11 PM GMT
It took less time to find than the 4 minutes it took you to replyGrin.

You on flexi-leave again?
Report Java December 4, 2012 4:29 PM GMT
Karla still doesn't understand the difference between "want" and "need".  Makes you look rather foolish I'm afraid.
Report Eeternaloptimist December 4, 2012 4:30 PM GMT
Typical rancid response from the high priestess of all things rancid. Answers a question of her own making rather than the question asked and then continually lies that the question has been answered.

Shame on you crackers.

Now get back to sponging off the productive.
Report SqueezeFirmly December 4, 2012 4:59 PM GMT
If you upset her, she'll have this thread pulled and take it out on her rampant rabbit.
Report Eeternaloptimist December 4, 2012 7:05 PM GMT
Euuuuuuuuuuuurrggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...
Report Mister E December 5, 2012 10:07 AM GMT
Why do councils need PR departments

A strange question, lack of priorities. You are looking through the telescope the wrong way.

PR departments are only a hideous pimple on the flabby , bloated back side that is local government.
We could quite easily cut out an entire layer of local government; the PR departments would go with it.

The problem is not that I have a PR department in the Town Hall, and a PR department five miles away in County Hall, "getting the Council's message across". The problem is that I have a Town Hall AND a County Hall.
Report Dr Crippen December 5, 2012 10:58 AM GMT
Why do councils need PR departments?

It's because they have too much money to spend.

Any council that continues to operate a department of this nature should have their funding chopped back until they have to close it.

All non-essential services should be impossible through lack of funds.
Report Eeternaloptimist December 5, 2012 11:38 AM GMT
PR departments are only a hideous pimple on the flabby , bloated back side that is local government.

LaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh

Pimples can be very unsightly and filled with pus.
Report Java December 5, 2012 11:41 AM GMT
"All non-essential services should be impossible through lack of funds. "

The problem with this of course, is that councils have the power to control their own spending.  So a Labour council will shut a library and fire a lollipop lady as opposed to firing a useless associate director on 80k + pension.  They can then wail that the Tory cuts have forced them to put a hard working lollipop lady on the funeral pyre.
Report Dr Crippen December 5, 2012 11:52 AM GMT
So be it Java, when the services have gone the public might start taking an interest into where their taxes are really going.
And the spotlight would turn on the ridiculous salaries these people are getting.
Report Mister E December 5, 2012 12:07 PM GMT
So a Labour council will shut a library and fire a lollipop lady as opposed to firing a useless associate director on 80k + pension.

Mr J. please don't you get into the Daily Mail mindset.
Ditch the tribalism; it has nothing to do with Party Politics.

The Council shutting my local libraries; and delivering magazines to every household in the County with advice on reheating leftovers under the ironic "What a waste" headline is TORY.
The days when this was the exclusive preserve of "Loony Left Labour", survive only in the minds of Littlejohn and his gullible followers.

I despise them all, until we can rise above the petty pointscoring we won't solve the problem.
Report Java December 5, 2012 12:08 PM GMT
They won't Crippen.  The councils will tell them it is the Tories fault and Balls will moan about Osbourne cutting too far and too fast.  And the voters will vote the Labour councillors in by a landslide again.

The council empire builders treat the voters like mugs because that is exactly what they are.
Report Java December 5, 2012 12:09 PM GMT
"I despise them all, until we can rise above the petty pointscoring we won't solve the problem. "

Fair enough.  I'm happy to give Labour a break in the interests of dismantling the local government system.
Report Mister E December 5, 2012 12:21 PM GMT
Thanks mr J.

If a sector was ripe for synergies and economies of scale local government is it.

The Council Leaders and Councillors are an increasingly large part of the dwindling Party membership,
the little empire builders who keep BOTH party shows on the road, and fill the hall at conferences.

So neither party attacks them.

good luck.
Report moisok December 5, 2012 2:06 PM GMT
we have litter police locally - who asked for them - meanwhile we can't get plod on the beat to protect the citizens  - fkn disgrace
parking nazis and litter police much more important then maybe preventing an old lady getting mugged
I have sh!t these creeps in town halls - fkn diverstiy, climate officers, racism awareness, cultral officers, - you couldn't make it up.
No wonder independants and ukip pick up votes or people just give up voting
Dangerous days!!!
Report moisok December 5, 2012 2:07 PM GMT
cultural   -  I am fkn hopping mad with this stuff grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!
Report Eeternaloptimist December 5, 2012 3:55 PM GMT
So to recap:

Councils don't need PR departments and neither do the people. Councils choose to waste money on them because they extort too much money from their local community and want to spend it on telling us how good they are rather than showing us with the cost effective service they provide. Nobody would employ Crackers to sweep the streets let alone give her over 100 grand to post on here.

Is that it?
Report bongo December 5, 2012 4:37 PM GMT
Not for the first time Mister E makes killer points, and the funniest too. ( pimples on back side, lol )
Report Eeternaloptimist December 5, 2012 5:52 PM GMT
I'm sure Crackers will enjoy being referred to as an ar5e pimple.
Report Java February 18, 2013 4:15 PM GMT
Since Karla wanted to revisit her own pile of vomit this morning, here it is in all its glory!
Report Java February 18, 2013 4:16 PM GMT
I wonder if she will answer the question?
Report Eeternaloptimist February 18, 2013 5:30 PM GMT
Never. Rabbit in the headlights.
Report bongo February 18, 2013 9:38 PM GMT
I have a 32 page magazine from the council - it's called '****** County Council - Your Guide to Our Services'
Leaving aside the obvious point that it should be called 'Our Guide to Your Services' here's a list of the services provided - highlighted in bold those that imo are better provided by free enterprise:
Libraries
Leisure Centres
Household Waste
Recycling
Registrar
Benefits Advice
Business Information
Business Support
Business Advice
Volunteering
Crematoria and Graveyards
Adoption
Fostering
Culture
Education
Allotments
Fouling
Food Safety
Planning & Building Control
Social Care
Adults with Learning Disabilities
Help for people living in their own home - is that for real, ffs, double bold if possible
Stop Smoking
Support for Carers
Support to owners of empty properties
Council Housing
Housing Associations
Electoral Roll
Roads
Footpaths and Cycleways
MOT Testing - is that for real , even a left-wing warthog would say that doesn't need the council
Winter Services

your views may vary, but get this:
There's a survey which asks this question - is there something you think should be included in the future?
There is no survey question asking the opposite question.
Report Eeternaloptimist February 18, 2013 10:17 PM GMT
I'd say there is something they could do. Abolish the local councils. All of em. Am I incapable of paying a private contractor to empty my bin if that's what I want or any of the few other genuine services they provide? I think not. End them and give me my money back.
Report manxy February 18, 2013 10:31 PM GMT
aye great minds, towering intellects, privatise it all, contractors will pay pennies to migrants, the job will done.

everybody's happy, except the people who have to live in the areas the migrants over-run, oh and the people put on the dole to make way for them, aye fcuking genius, sdfc's.
Report manxy February 18, 2013 10:34 PM GMT
genius as the ex council workers get re-labelled to scrounging feckless scum.
Report Eeternaloptimist February 18, 2013 10:48 PM GMT
manxy

What's to stop the council employees forming their own company to provide the service? If they are good. If they go the extra mile. If they make their service one about which the community is proud of then they will thrive? Why shouldn't they do this? They could also diversify into other areas and carry that good will with them.
Report Java March 27, 2013 7:53 PM GMT
It's like an old friend isn't it this thread?  Happy

Report Arleystation March 31, 2015 6:37 PM BST
I suppose our "old friends" Rochdale, Rotherham and Oxford could use a good PR Department?
Report Eeternaloptimist March 31, 2015 7:01 PM BST
Comrade Comedy was smashed all that time ago and has been limping like a mangy old dog ever since.
Report Arleystation April 21, 2015 5:55 PM BST
Not sure if it's been mentioned elsewhere, but it does seem appropriate to raise it here: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-32381838

In a nutshell Rotherham Council has been paying a PR guru £850 per day since November.

The Council already has its own PR Department of course - staffed by 27 people!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt their salaries, pension contributions etc are costing around £1 million, yet they cannot carry out their own job themselves.
Report Eeternaloptimist April 21, 2015 5:58 PM BST
More questions run away from than you can wave a shiitty stick at. Truly the Forum King/Queen Of Comedy.

Don't be bashful Comrade. Step forward to collect your crown.
Report Burton-Brewers April 21, 2015 6:23 PM BST
waste of money get rid they're scroungers
Report alun2005 April 21, 2015 7:50 PM BST
It truly is quite extraordinary how often people working in PR seem blissfully unaware as to how bad a PR job they are doing on themselves.

I must admit I wouldn't trust some of them with a mop and bucket job, such is their unconcealed incompetence.
Report spellingandgrammarchecker April 21, 2015 10:47 PM BST
http://www.newhamrecorder.co.uk/news/candidate_for_newham_mayor_kamran_malik_jailed_for_six_months_1_3637282
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com