Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
V4 Vendetta
10 Nov 10 14:22
| Topic/replies: 91,017 | Blogger: V4 Vendetta's blog
Helicopters making a racket as usual.  I was wondering why these students are always mouthing off pretending they know everything if they're so in need of free education?
Pause Switch to Standard View Students demo in town today
Show More
Report worcesterwilly November 10, 2010 3:49 PM GMT
Many LibDem seats are BASED WHOLLY around the Student Vote....

The Students have targetted the LibDems and Clegg in paticular for their understandable angst...

all Clegg can do is blame Labour...pmsl...you are in Government now Cleggy!....no amount of Compo will get you out of this Foggy mess you've created for yourself....[;)]

You are dinking the last of the summer wine at the top table .......reality will dawn and you and you grubby little charlatans will be a mere footnote in history.........cant wait for Ed to nick your "Graduate Tax" (that you so pathetically threw out with the washing as you removed any vestiges of poltcal credibility from your make up)...and wipe up the countless "student dominated" marginals......PMSL....

Lib Dems......Libellous Deceivers!
Report worcesterwilly November 10, 2010 3:50 PM GMT
Cue 2 men at Westminster Bridge....

Nick and Traitor Sibaroni trying to halt the tide...Canute like...

LibDems...

Libellous Deceivers...
Report sfc1976 November 10, 2010 3:51 PM GMT
All will be forgotten tomorrow and the policy will be implemented.  Complete waste of time.
Report Bentley Boy November 10, 2010 3:52 PM GMT
Woman interviewed on sky is a paid protestor

FFS
That's where all the new jobs are going to be, full time protesters.
LaughLaughLaughLaughLaugh
Report worcesterwilly November 10, 2010 3:53 PM GMT
"Consternation in Mayfair
Rioting in Notting Hill Gate
Students marching down the High Street
Carving up the ConDem State"......
Report sfc1976 November 10, 2010 3:54 PM GMT
I've hated Lib Dems for years, all of a sudden it's fashionable!
Report Eeternaloptimist November 10, 2010 3:55 PM GMT
willy

Shall we rename you the okey cokey man? One minute you are in and the next you are out. You can't keep away can you?
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 3:56 PM GMT
WW you are back , welcome my friend Laugh

ITS STARTED >>>> UP THE REVOLUTION !

My Lad is there , says there are plenty of grannies who are worried about their grandkids ... bet that won't be on sky news !!
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 3:56 PM GMT
IMO, theyve turned it into the biggest political story, right up the agenda. 

Already heard 2 Lib Dem MPs on the news say they are not supporting it.
Report deepwater November 10, 2010 3:59 PM GMT
lib-dems only support tory agenda
Report worcesterwilly November 10, 2010 4:00 PM GMT
"I really must stay away from the politics forum and let the rabid right wingers peddle their lies and deceit" ...100 lines
"I really must stay away from the politics forum and let the rabid right wingers peddle their lies and deceit" ...
"I really must stay away from the politics forum and let the rabid right wingers peddle their lies and deceit" ...
"I really must stay away from the politics forum and let the rabid right wingers peddle their lies and deceit
"I really must stay away from the politics forum and let the rabid right wingers peddle their lies and deceit
Report worcesterwilly November 10, 2010 4:03 PM GMT
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 4:03 PM GMT
Lib Dems should stick up for their pledge, I am sure they will, and the great Coalition will continue governing, as they should, with only one stupid idea being binned. 

Conservative arent right all the time, thanks for our Lib Dem cousins we might avoid implementing this stinking pile of s hite.
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 4:04 PM GMT
Lib Dems should stick up for their pledge, I am sure they will, and the great Coalition will continue governing, as they should, with only one stupid idea being binned. 

Conservative arent right all the time, thanks for our Lib Dem cousins we might avoid implementing this stinking pile of s hite.
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 4:04 PM GMT
sorry for double post.  slippy finger.
Report Doob November 10, 2010 4:05 PM GMT
They are students no one cares.
And no students vote anyway as none want to register to pay Council Tax.
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 4:06 PM GMT
strange so many lib dem seats are in uni areas then?  just coninsidinz innit.
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 4:08 PM GMT
Er

Wrong twice Doob
Report SteelCurtain November 10, 2010 4:09 PM GMT
f uckin scum should get a job lazy twats.
Report gus November 10, 2010 4:13 PM GMT
They are students no one cares.

in 3 years time they'll be Graduates and either unemployed or paying back their loans ... a lose/lose for the Condems come elction time i'd have thought Happy
Report deepwater November 10, 2010 4:14 PM GMT
they will vote tory by 40
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 4:15 PM GMT
i vote tory now and would still protest this pile of dogturd of a policy.
Report sfc1976 November 10, 2010 4:17 PM GMT
Anyone know if Labour have a policy yet?
Report blackburn1 November 10, 2010 4:20 PM GMT
Douglas Alexander was pressed on labour policy by Andrew Neil at lunchtime, funny enough.......

Typical protest though, a good cause overrun by violent thugs, time for the water cannons
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 4:21 PM GMT
This is a policy that might come in in 2 years

Labour has plenty of time
Report blackburn1 November 10, 2010 4:22 PM GMT
Yep, about 30 years
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 4:24 PM GMT
This constant cry for Labour policy . Cameron did not have one for 4 years in opposition

Short-term memories are running rife Cry
Report Mister E November 10, 2010 4:27 PM GMT
Anyone know if Labour have a policy yet?

A good question sfc.
Plenty of Labour back benchers voted against fees.They can justly join the protests.
Some Scottish Labour MPs voted for fees providing Scotland was exempted.

The problem lies with the Blairites who voted for because Tony told them/it was good for their career prospects.

Both Straw and Jowell have attacked the Lib Dems but when asked do they support the concept or not, can only mumble.
Report Whippet November 10, 2010 4:28 PM GMT
Point proven that the majority of students aren't particularly intelligent.

If they couldn't see from a mile off that everything written in the Lib Dem manifesto was a total lie then they really need a have a word with themselves.
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 4:29 PM GMT
Tell me

What was the tory policy on Education in Nov 97 ?

Grow up lads, you are the Govt , opposition is different
Report ribber November 10, 2010 4:31 PM GMT
"And demonstrators have been cleared from outside the Liberal Democrat headquarters, where a car window has been smashed."

Libdems can't even p!ss people off properly
Report Mister E November 10, 2010 4:31 PM GMT
Douglas Alexander was pressed on labour policy by Andrew Neil at lunchtime, funny enough.....

Did not see it blackburn.

Did Douglas make clear that he was strongly in favour of Top Up fees. He voted for during the readings on 27/1, 31/4. and 23
/6 in 2004.?? Or did he criticise the Lib Dems?
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 4:31 PM GMT
These scenes will do the student cause far more harm than clegg and Camerons.

The public watching this will not be too quick to support the students.
Report deepwater November 10, 2010 4:33 PM GMT
so happy i never voted lib-dem

2-faced meaningless party
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 4:34 PM GMT
Someone at the top of police should lose job over this

appalling reaction, should have stamped these little sh1ts out in no time
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 4:38 PM GMT
Blimey - haven't seen it yet, just got the tweet reports while runnning home.  Turning the box on now..
Report deepwater November 10, 2010 4:38 PM GMT
fightbackSilly
Report blackburn1 November 10, 2010 4:39 PM GMT
Mr E, a libdem was on and Alexander said

You're in power now its not easy is it?

Dross whichever way we turn, its purely and simply about power
Report seanm882 November 10, 2010 4:42 PM GMT
cops will go home at 5.30.lol no more overtime.Laugh
Report deepwater November 10, 2010 4:43 PM GMT
goring--watch sky---fire extinguisher thrown from top of millbank tower

misses police by inches
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 4:43 PM GMT
If anyone thinks todays actions have done students any good they are wrong

the wider public will not like what they see and any sympathy left for students(not much in first place imo) will have gone
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 4:52 PM GMT
Blx Steptoe , Its brilliant . These crooks in power need to be told what they are.

ITS STARTED >>>>> YEEHAA Laugh
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 4:54 PM GMT
Theres no way this looks good on students

public has no sympathy with students anyway at moment when everyone struggling anyway
Report Whippet November 10, 2010 4:56 PM GMT
Definitely students that caused all this violence. Absolutely no chance that it was a select group of non student troublemakers that started smashing things up. Devil
Report PierreLaRogue November 10, 2010 4:58 PM GMT
I have sympathy, tax the golden agers to the hilt, not the young, tax pensions 40%, make the people responsible for the debt pay.
Report blackburn1 November 10, 2010 4:59 PM GMT
Why are pensioners responsible?
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 5:11 PM GMT
gonna say it again, why is university funding getting an 80% cut?

State funding of university, excluding research, is proposed to be £800 million.  Against £20,000 million for Housing Benefit, or £10,400 million for 2 aircraft carriers with no planes. 

They are only children.  Its only up to age 21.
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 5:15 PM GMT
Reagan 10 Nov 10 17:11 

gonna say it again, why is university funding getting an 80% cut?

Cos Broon spent all the money.
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 5:17 PM GMT
indeed!

well cut 80% off NHS, and charge the users top up fees.  might help efficiencies at least, and stop malingerers and prescription addicts.

at least they are adults and should be earning not kids.

and the average GP earns £150,000, the average university "don" £15,000.  it is the wrong thing to cut 80%.
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 5:21 PM GMT
Cos Broon spent all the money

No, it's called ideaology . The rich can afford it and feck the rest
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 5:22 PM GMT
and the NHS is the third biggest global employer, with a totally unfunded pension scheme.  Cry

and overseas people arent coming over in the 10,000s to use it and pay whacking great fees, unlike the superb UK higher education.

Cut all funding to Hatfield Polytechnic and DeMoronfort, and that will get you a saving. Leave the kids ALONE.
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 5:26 PM GMT
Dont recall Labour doing much to get rid of or reduce student charges over last 13 years

fck all to do with right wing thinking
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 5:29 PM GMT
They did not feckin triple it though !!

Student leaving UNI with 50k debt .... ridiculous
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 5:30 PM GMT
who the hell cares about Labour.  I dont see many pro Labour placards amongst the students.

its wrong to give universities an 80% cut.

I mean, why do it?  why 80%?

when Labour boasted the NHS was understaffed despite being the third biggest employer in the world, when 40 times the budget on universities goes to landlords via housing benefit WHY CUT UNIVERSITY FUNDING in so draconian a fashion.

Waste is staring UK in the face, and they cut university funding by 80%??  Absolute woog economics.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/health/article1050197.ece

they are kids.
Report blackburn1 November 10, 2010 5:30 PM GMT
Triple it? They started it you fool
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 5:32 PM GMT
ill say it again, this is economics of the woogs.  somalians could make better decisions.
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 5:33 PM GMT
Benatom 10 Nov 10 17:29 

Student leaving UNI with 50k debt .... ridiculous

I find that unlikely.
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 5:33 PM GMT
I mentioned labour because some on here seem to think this is some right wing agenda rather than something that has been put in place by all political parties inc labour for 13 years.

Anyway, the students have shot themselves in the foot today.

They will get no support now in wider public.
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 5:33 PM GMT
currenly 3k , shameron made it 9k

That's , er , wait for it , 3 times , or , wait for it , triple.

Doh Cry
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 5:33 PM GMT
What does it cost to do, say Maths at a middle-ranking place - say Brum or Newcastle or such like?
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 5:36 PM GMT
Don't ask Blackburn Laugh
Report blackburn1 November 10, 2010 5:36 PM GMT
benny, what is £3k x zero?

Is it higher or lower than 300%
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 5:36 PM GMT
cos news 24 recycle the same 2 clips??

most people have sympathy with the students.  thats because most people are going to university, have kids going to university, or grandkids going to university.  people are selling houses to fund this crap.
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 5:39 PM GMT
What does it cost to do, say Maths at a middle-ranking place - say Brum or Newcastle or such like?

such graduates will get good careers if they choose to go down a City route I am sure, well worthy of £9,000 fees at the moment.  but that doesnt justify 80% cut in funding and asking kids to top it up.  it doesnt.
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 5:39 PM GMT
Imo far too many people go to uni

Not sure the majority get much from it

This country needs to go back to teaching people practical skills- a trade etc rather than a 4 year course in social sciences which means fck all to employers at the end of it

Having a degree now means so so little
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 5:41 PM GMT
So, you pay 9k a year to the Uni and you have to pay your digs and grub too?
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 5:42 PM GMT
You didn't go yo uni did you Steptoe, and you have always been a little , just a tad, pi55ed off about huh Laugh
Report blackburn1 November 10, 2010 5:42 PM GMT
Lets face it the dopes in London today wont be studying physics at Oxford, it'll be the dopey media studies layabouts at the university of Lower East Ham
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 5:45 PM GMT
I studied Politics at my local univeristy of Teesside mate

went between 95-98 and yes didnt have to pay so do count myself fortunate

That said I maintain that too many people do go to uni now.

I look back and think I could have done more.
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 5:46 PM GMT
I agree.  cut some of the poorer universities totally, but dont just ask kids to top up fees at all the colleges. 

our world leading advertising, legal, insurance, accountancy, media, engineering, design companies still need 10,000s of graduate recruits, of good, sound, stretching academic subjects. PWC doesnt recruit Bsc Accountancy morons from Polytechnics.  they want a world leading higher education system that produces the highest quality young people to train their own way to continue to be world leading companies.

we need practical courses of course, but thats not what university is about.  look at the fall of apprenticeship for that.  we dont want trainee tradesmen sat in a classroom for 3 years, but our leading global companies do want our brightest to do that.
Report TOP GAMBLER November 10, 2010 5:47 PM GMT
Benatom Joined: 28 May 04
Replies: 1262 10 Nov 10 17:33 
currenly 3k , shameron made it 9k

That's , er , wait for it , 3 times , or , wait for it , triple.

You are an idiot.  Camerons proposals are very progressive, only the highest earners will pay back the full amount, most only pay about a third of the fees, idiot.
Report Benatom November 10, 2010 5:49 PM GMT
Laugh
Report Sir Denis Eton-Hogg November 10, 2010 5:49 PM GMT
PWC doesnt recruit Bsc Accountancy morons from Polytechnics

is this the same PWC that passed the banks off with a glowing bill of health pre-crash??!
Report flushgordon November 10, 2010 5:50 PM GMT
good for the young uns .it is poor when only the cheese eating surrender monkey french have the gumptin to get out and do something about our political elite,
i support them all the way,
its a pit more of the cheddar eating surrender monkey mortgage slaves in our country dont grow a backbone.
Report Ivor November 10, 2010 5:51 PM GMT
Sure - the 'good' students have had their legitimate and peaceful protest hijacked by yobs. For a few I reckon the term 'student' is being used rather loosely. They've probably lost a lot of public support in just few short hours.
Report TOP GAMBLER November 10, 2010 5:52 PM GMT
Bentley Boy Joined: 01 Aug 08
Replies: 1219 10 Nov 10 15:52 
Woman interviewed on sky is a paid protestor

FFS
That's where all the new jobs are going to be, full time protesters.

I saw that interview too bentley, very interesting. Sadly kay burley never asked who she was being paid by.  I suspect though she was on benefits because she had kids.
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 5:56 PM GMT
is this the same PWC that passed the banks off with a glowing bill of health pre-crash??!

pointless comment. 

it is the 2nd biggest professional services firm in the world.  it has total revenues of £20,000million.  it is headquartered in London.

the total UK government spend on university teaching is £800million.

it does not need plumbers.  it needs the brightest and the best.  it recruits 1,000s a year.

why are we cutting university funding 80%.
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 6:09 PM GMT
So it's a total of 9k for poor people which is paid by an interest-free loan in real terms and amortised over many years if they ever earn enough?
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 6:12 PM GMT
we are itching for your conclusion Goring, stop teasing us with questions!

interest free?  dont think so actually.  but they are kids.  NHS doesnt have top ups, and thats used by grown ups. 

and has 2,000 times the budget.

and ruins economic development, and is not its lifeblood.
Report Whippet November 10, 2010 6:16 PM GMT
Pointless argument Reagen. You don't need to go to university to be an accountant. Infact PwC already recruit school leavers.

why not just make a levels harder and actually mean something?
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 6:19 PM GMT
spot on

Uni degree means fck all nowadays

every fcker seems to end upthere doing all sorts of two bob courses

Good proportion of young people go to uni now as its "the thing you do" and because they aint got a clue what else to do.

Real life and work skills arent learnt there. Often just a waste of 3-4 years of peoples lives.

Might be a blessing if it puts people off going
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 6:22 PM GMT
pointless?  Laugh

PWC isnt just accountancy you know.  Cry

it recruits 100s and makes great efforts.  it is not 100% graduate work force I grant you, its more basic bean counting elements certainly have plenty of school leavers, they dont charge £500 an hour for that work.

the great drivers of the UK economy are now the big global companies expanding all over the world.  we need them to succeed in this world to get us out of our mess.  they are banging on about the need for excellent university education, and are decrying that UK is losing some of its high educational integrity.

DONT CUT UNIVERSITY BY 80% when its a fraction of the cost of housing benefit expense.
Report Reagan November 10, 2010 6:25 PM GMT
scrap everysingle ex polytechnic and put all that money into paying for the best kids to get the best education and real centres of excellence, that is my policy.

and bring back apprenticeships for the masses.
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 6:26 PM GMT
Agree entirely reagan

especailly second point

Need young people learning trades again and real skills for workplace
Report 1st time poster November 10, 2010 6:27 PM GMT
so they can join the ever growing unemployed recieve job seekers and join daves growing band of litter pickers,or have you invented 70,000  proper jobs and payed apprenticeships since i last looked,seems to be a theme with the right this,with one hand they intend making as many as a million people unemployed while the other wants to throw, would be students,pensioners,disabled,long term unemployed,single mothers etc back into a jobless workplace ,they have a plan but lord no,s what it is, ive a great escape vision  where they let everyone out for a **** and we hear the machine guns been cocked !
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 6:30 PM GMT
so they all go to uni to avoid dole queue ?

My own opinion is that many go to uni to avoid facing up to looking for work

Aint got a clue what they want to do so a 4 year course doing some naff course which will be of no use to any employer 4 years down the line seems a cushy option
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 6:32 PM GMT
Not saying there is an easy answer to cutting jobless numbers but to suggest we bung everyone at 18 off to uni to avoid another jobless number doesnt seem the way to go for me
Report 1st time poster November 10, 2010 6:36 PM GMT
andrew neil raised his eyebrows yesterday when jack dromey suggested unemployment would reach 3 million,and asked him to come back and apologise if it didnt,i would have thought it was a raging certaintity that it will
Report STEPTOES YARD November 10, 2010 6:37 PM GMT
might do

maybe even more reason for young people not to spend fortunes doing a degree with little chance of job at end
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 6:50 PM GMT
I agree with the substance and sentiment of Reagan's post just not the state-administered mechanism.  As Whippet mentions, the market is capable of providing for itself if left alone.  Take away all the subsidies and scholarships would appear to hire bright poor people and craphole's like Dr J's "university" teaching Golf course management with French would automatically become much needed car parks and conference centres.
Report TOP GAMBLER November 10, 2010 7:19 PM GMT
1st time poster Joined: 25 Dec 05
Replies: 4408 10 Nov 10 18:36 
andrew neil raised his eyebrows yesterday when jack dromey suggested unemployment would reach 3 million,and asked him to come back and apologise if it didnt,i would have thought it was a raging certaintity that it will

I would sadly agree,  public sector job losses + private sector jobs lost cos they supply the public sector + disability claiments kicked onto the job list + free movement of labour into uk.

3 million unemployed a 1.01 certainty imo, no sign of real growth or where its likely to come from Sad
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 7:46 PM GMT
Maybe, but the private sector started dealing with the problems about 18 months ahead of the state as Broon had to wait for the election before making cuts everyone knew had to come.  As a result, it will be ahead of the game and I think private jobs created this year are already over 340k.  Assuming it accelerates, it might offset in time.
Report 1st time poster November 10, 2010 7:53 PM GMT
340,000, of which 70 odd % were and are part time,proper jobs are created when needed by demand not at a whim of a governments choosing , you dont sit about saying i need a dozen skilled tradesman for this contract but i,ll wait for gideon to give the word before i recruit them
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 7:56 PM GMT
Well, there is some demand but the supply is regulated to its knees.  In addition, real demand can't recover through lunatic Keynsian inflation, it needs savings to create credit and we won't have those with negative real interest rates.
Report 1st time poster November 10, 2010 7:59 PM GMT
the theory put forward is the private sector will move into areas vacated by the public sector,but we are repeatedly told these job cuts are the results of cutting out waste not jobs that need replacing,as usual the coalition want to spin the same story 2 ways
Report V4 Vendetta November 10, 2010 8:07 PM GMT
Yes, I agree that is Tory spin and nonsense.  The extra jobs will have to be in new areas and we need to make sure we compete globally for those jobs and not price ourselves out of the picture.
Report Ivor November 10, 2010 9:43 PM GMT
Don't u go creating new jobs around me buster - I like my mountains, countryside, beaches and sheep to be kept virgin.
Report flushgordon November 10, 2010 9:46 PM GMT
there cant be many virgin sheep in your vicinity ivor?
Report Ivor November 10, 2010 10:12 PM GMT
maybe not - but those that are should remain so ewe understand.
Report Mister E November 11, 2010 11:42 AM GMT
At least this way you get pick of the good looking sheep .
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com