Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
treetop
02 Jan 10 21:56
| Topic/replies: 17,452 | Blogger: treetop's blog
Chooses the Andrew Marr show to talk tomorrow.Guaranteed another soft interview where he can override Andrew the weak who is just as likely to give him free reign to make another party political broadcast.
Pause Switch to Standard View Brown is gutless again
Show More
Report rothko January 2, 2010 11:25 PM GMT
Fern Britton better imo - lets get jiggy with the issues
Report pandora1963 January 2, 2010 11:26 PM GMT
was you complaing when cameron went on the andrew marr show?
Report rothko January 2, 2010 11:34 PM GMT
was you complaining when blair satd - am i bothhhered
Report treetop January 3, 2010 1:35 PM GMT
In fairness to Brown I thought he came across much better this morning. Someone has clearly told him to lay off the stupid class war approach and this was one of his better interviews. Ironically this was what I expected when he took pver from Blair and is probablyy the first time I could cosnider him to be acceptable.............? Whatever next ?
Report subversion January 3, 2010 2:05 PM GMT
now if only his words matched his actions...
Report subversion January 3, 2010 2:05 PM GMT
but i guess we cant ever expect that from the New Labour spin machine
Report wit-ham January 3, 2010 3:02 PM GMT
yes we are leading the world again with our companies of Nissan, Toyota,Honda,Jaguarand Bmw leading the field, and he said only 7.9% of the population was unemployed
Report MRGRUMPY1 January 3, 2010 3:21 PM GMT
treetop 03 Jan 14:35
In fairness to Brown I thought he came across much better this morning.

I think the outfit worn by Camila Batmanghelidjh affected your eyesight
Report Dr Crippen January 3, 2010 3:43 PM GMT
Guaranteed another soft interview

Is that an interview where the politician doesnt get insulted?
Report madsimon January 3, 2010 4:35 PM GMT
Marr and fern Brittian shoudl swap places given Marr couldn't tear apart a box of tissues
Report treetop January 3, 2010 6:07 PM GMT
You could be spot on with that comment sub,unfortunately. Despite my scepticism he did come across much better than normal.
Report thewhitedog January 3, 2010 6:48 PM GMT
Marr might be a nice chap but he has no in-depth economical knowledge that would enable him to call Brown to task over some of the drivel Brown speaks. Marr couldn't grill a thin slice of Spam.
And I rather think that Marr (and his wife) have a lefty background .
I doubt he'd bare his teeth at a nuLabour politician even if he had the nous (which I doubt).
Next week with Cameron, he'll peddle the old questions about Lord Ashcroft. The fact that, after 12 years of Brown in control of the finances we're up sh+t creek will somehow escape him. (As it did today.)
Report Dr Crippen January 3, 2010 6:52 PM GMT
Marr couldn't grill a thin slice of Spam

I see, then you think that the object is to make the politician as uncomfortable as possible.

What does that achieve please?
Report thewhitedog January 3, 2010 7:15 PM GMT
Come now Dr C - what a question.
Here we have the (unelected) Prime Minister who before that was Chancellor since 1997. He's overseen the nations' economic collapse (remember his "UK best placed to come through the recession?) .
Remember "Prudent"; the 10p tax rate abolition farce; the gold selling faux-pas?
On the economy alone he needs to be brought to book to answer for his failure. (Remember the "no return to boom & bust" quotes?).
Who changed the regulatory system and when that failed to see the credit/borrowing risk blamed everyone but himself (especially the yanks)?
The guy who said in a speech at the Mansion House in 2002 when he was Chancellor:-
"
Report thewhitedog January 3, 2010 7:19 PM GMT
p.s. I'm no great fan of David Cameron - and, (in my naive youth) was a Labour Party member. But I seriously think that Gordon Brown has a mental health problem.
Seriously - I;m not just**ging off the guy 'cos he's trashed our economy; society. I find it hard to believe that he's sane.
Report Dr Crippen January 3, 2010 7:32 PM GMT
So youre not interested in the questions or the answers in an interview, you just want to see the politician getting a good grilling as you call it? Depending on your opinion of the politician of course.

Is that true or not?
Report madsimon January 3, 2010 7:34 PM GMT
answers lol -Dr Cripen be honest when was the last time Brown or indedd any Labour politician answered a 'difficult ' question truthfully or even sraightforwardly.
Report madsimon January 3, 2010 7:36 PM GMT
politicians get a 'communications allowance' to spout the party line or say how good they are . when interviewed of course they shoudl be 'grilled' -Its not North Korea FFS (yet)
Report thewhitedog January 3, 2010 7:38 PM GMT
Dr C - how difficult is this to take in?
I want ALL politicians to get a grilling.
Why should Brown be exempt?
Are you so naive as to think that every interview should allow a politician - of whatever party - to make assertions unquestioned?
Ecky thump - I could just imagine you as a judge at the Nueremburg trials - you'd have let every bugg+r off scot-free.
Report Dr Crippen January 3, 2010 7:42 PM GMT
I want ALL politicians to get a grilling.

Which brings me back to my fist question - What does this achieve?
Report Dr Crippen January 3, 2010 7:43 PM GMT
Is that true or not?

You have answered that question nicely thank you.
Report thewhitedog January 3, 2010 7:46 PM GMT
So DrC, when a politician appears on a ahow such as Marr or Question Time, he shouldn't be asked any awkward questions. Is that what you're suggesting?
Even a primary school nappy-wetter can see that that's daft. Do you SERIOUSLY uphold that view?
Should Cameron get a soft interview next week?
Report flushgordon January 3, 2010 7:51 PM GMT
ask cameron if as special advisor to treasury on black wednesday ,
what was the advice you gave norman lamont
and what different would you have done to labour in the financial problems in the past year.
Report Dr Crippen January 3, 2010 7:52 PM GMT
he shouldn't be asked any awkward questions

Well that's a long way from '' get a grilling''

We all know what you meant by that.
Report thewhitedog January 3, 2010 7:56 PM GMT
Okay Dr C (jeez- what does it take to get you to give a direct answer to a question)
Shouldn't Cameron get a grilling?
Would getting a grilling somehow breach his human rights?
Why shouldn't MP's get a grilling? Answer that as well? (And don't just respond "what would that acheive" .)
Report Dr Crippen January 3, 2010 7:59 PM GMT
Ive no problem with any question that the interviewer puts about the topic.
Thats got nothing to do with hostility and downright rudeness from the interviewer which you appear to support, when did that ever get an answer worth hearing?

By the way a lot of people might be interested in the answers they hear from the politicians, and what the interviewer can get out of them.
Theyre not interested in just watching a televised row.

No I'm not interested in seeing any politician ''getting a grilling''
Report thewhitedog January 3, 2010 8:00 PM GMT
I give up.
Report treetop January 3, 2010 10:57 PM GMT
Which brings me back to my fist question - What does this achieve?

Was this a freudian slip crips ???
Report blackburn1 January 4, 2010 7:34 AM GMT
Saw the Marr interview, Brown proved he will lie through his teeth to cling to power.

The man is deluded and nauseating
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com