Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
leazes67
30 Dec 09 09:01
| Topic/replies: 1,864 | Blogger: leazes67's blog
BUT THE VAST MAJORITY OF TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIMS.
very strange.
Pause Switch to Standard View THE VAST MAJORITY OF MUSLIMS ARE NOT...
Show More
Report shergarburger December 30, 2009 10:21 AM GMT
no it isnt
Report Mexico December 30, 2009 10:26 AM GMT
Why is this strange?
The two statements do not contradict.
Report digdeep December 30, 2009 10:44 AM GMT
Would like to see the majority of muslims getting angry and taking to the streets to protest about the minority who are giving them bad press though.More important then a Danish joke imo.
Report speedypro December 30, 2009 11:17 AM GMT
Exackerly digdeep, when is the London protest march for Muslims against terrorism. Easy enough to facebook one would imagine
Report blackburn1 December 30, 2009 11:33 AM GMT
I've said this ages, why dont the millions of "moderate" muslims in this country come out and condemn the acts of terror carried out in the name of their religion. Plenty of people in NI organised marches during the troubles.
Report GAZO December 30, 2009 11:53 AM GMT
probally because the majority are quite happy to see terrorist activity but wont get involved themselves
Report OLD HEAD December 30, 2009 12:30 PM GMT
it wasn't too long ago when the vast majority of terrorists were irish.
Report Larry's Codpiece. December 30, 2009 1:09 PM GMT
One of the great fallacies of our time put about by the luvvies. The truth is that the majority of muslims are not moderate. They hold views on women that would make a feminist rage (if she weren't a lefty). They hold views on **sexuals that would make your average member of Stonewall rage (if they weren't lefty). They hold views about religion which would make your average inquisitioner rub his hands with glee.
Report treetop December 30, 2009 1:14 PM GMT
It is only when the average muslim becomes inconvenienced that they will turn against their own. This pattern applied in Ulster and it is surprising that we are taking so long to understand how to address the problem. Then we do have a luvvie based government that seems unable to grasp the simple things.
Report baracouda30 December 30, 2009 1:14 PM GMT
Acquainted with the vast majority of them are you?

Or just blustering the usual trash?
Report Larry's Codpiece. December 30, 2009 5:17 PM GMT
baracouda

I suggest you leave your flea pit, venture out into the wide world and ask a few muslims their thougths on such issues. Let me know how you get on. Don''t forget it isn't so long ago that most people in this country shared their views.
Report treetop December 30, 2009 9:12 PM GMT
bara,it is a fair bet that I have met and befriended more muslims that you will ever come across. Been to Medinah myself, a feat that few non muslims can ever do. You are very naive.
Report Shab December 30, 2009 9:22 PM GMT
Simple question is this:

If a person or group started a war in the name of the Churh of England, would the Archbishop just sit there and say nothing?
Report whodareswins December 30, 2009 9:28 PM GMT
What happened in the Reformation or when Elizabeth 1 came to the throne. Or King Billy. Were any British people killed in those wars?
It's easy to blame muslims for being religious terrorists, but what did the Church of England do about opposing all the murders committed then? The word nothing comes to mind.
Report sap December 30, 2009 9:48 PM GMT
Is there an official leader of the Islamic religion Shab?
Report Rowan86 December 30, 2009 10:36 PM GMT

leazes67 30 Dec 11:01
BUT THE VAST MAJORITY OF TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIMS.
very strange.

Only to the simple.
Report Shab December 31, 2009 2:48 AM GMT
sap 30 Dec 22:48
Is there an official leader of the Islamic religion Shab?

Does there have to be? There are numerous leaders, but the point remains.

None of them condemn the violence.
Report Injera December 31, 2009 8:14 AM GMT
The Muslim Association of Britain is calling for polygamy to be adopted in the UK.

Islam4UK is calling for the complete upheaval of the British legal system.

A pleasant lot....
Report leazes67 December 31, 2009 8:18 AM GMT
more wives, more benefits. innit.
Report noddys ryde December 31, 2009 11:31 AM GMT
The vast majority of terrorists are muslims though
Report sfc1976 December 31, 2009 11:42 AM GMT
Following the destruction of the Tamil Tigers in Sri Lanka, and the recent silence from ETA in Spain, you could in reality change 'vast majority' to 'all'.
Report History Maker December 31, 2009 12:02 PM GMT
There is no doubt that mainstream moderate muslims are furious about Iraq and Afghanistan, and there is certainly sympathy for the Taleban in Afghanistan. However, I suspect that if there was a sustained and successful terror campaign in Britain, most muslims would be horrified. Being in the line of fire concentrates the mind like that.
Report noddys ryde December 31, 2009 3:30 PM GMT
history-so even moderate muslims are more loyal to other muslims than their country?
Report tonkability December 31, 2009 3:37 PM GMT
A huge percentage of Muslims in this country put very little back into our economy, but send back
huge sums to Pkistan .You couldnt rule out that some of this finance doesnt end up in terrorists
pockets .
Report noddys ryde December 31, 2009 6:28 PM GMT
Is there antyhing under the FOIA that shows the tax take by ethnicity?
I suspect some groups pay no IHT for example-another reason to mabolish it.
Report baracouda30 January 1, 2010 7:26 AM GMT
If the day comes when Catholics are asked to be loyal either to their country or their religion, what do you think would happen?

Some would go one way, some the other. (I am Catholic, but non-practising).
Report OLD HEAD January 1, 2010 8:55 AM GMT
any true believer ,in any faith will always follow their relligion,otherwise their not a believer.
Report Larry's Codpiece. January 1, 2010 12:08 PM GMT
baracouda

Does that mean we should kick left footers out of the country? If it sends you off to some remote hell hole, (County Clare???) then maybe we could reach an accommodation.

:)
Report 04/09-04/10 another 100k January 1, 2010 2:17 PM GMT
whats the difference between a CLUSTER BOMB and SUICIDE BOMBER?
Report Ivor January 1, 2010 2:23 PM GMT
I don't know - what IS the difference between a CLUSSTER BOMB and a SUICIDE BOMBER?
Report baracouda30 January 1, 2010 2:27 PM GMT
Sounds nice, Larry.
Report monmore man January 1, 2010 2:27 PM GMT
One is used by the good guys, the other by the bad guys.
Report noddys ryde January 2, 2010 8:48 AM GMT
A representitive of this moderate religion attempted to kill the Dutch cartoonist who had the temerity to publish a cartoon in his country that he found offensive.
Why don't all the moderates control the loonies? After all we are told they outnumber them.
Report Dr Crippen January 2, 2010 9:29 AM GMT
Who are the biggest bartards, the terrorist loving Muslims or the politicians who allowed them to come here in their droves?
They even introduced new laws to make them welcome, which gave them more rights than the rest of us.
This mass immigration to this country must be stopped, it is the most important issue facing the country.
Report blackburn1 January 2, 2010 10:01 AM GMT
Its too late crippen, go to Bradford or Luton and tell me you'd live there.
Report noddys ryde January 2, 2010 10:02 AM GMT
Good point-why did the Dutch let this Somali in? It was unlikely he was going to contribute much to their country-they've made a mess of their country-now they want to spread the pain and misery around.
Report baracouda30 January 2, 2010 10:10 AM GMT
A representitive of this moderate religion attempted to kill the Dutch cartoonist who had the temerity to publish a cartoon in his country that he found offensive.
Why don't all the moderates control the loonies? After all we are told they outnumber them.

1) Danish not Dutch.

2) Why is he a ''representative'' of the religion? Is Ian Huntley a ''representative'' of Christianity? Or the Omagh bombers? No. Utter bilge.

3) For the same reason that ''moderates'' don't control ''loonies'' in just about every other walk of life. Some are moderate and some are loonies. Loonies do things that loonies do. As a ''moderate'' Catholic, how was I supposed to control the IRA?

Answers on a postcard.

This idea that lunatics will listen to anyone is laughable. They are LUNATICS ffs!
Report wizardofoz January 2, 2010 10:14 AM GMT
Yes, Baracouda, but it's all one way.

There are no Christian organisations, ebevn the most extreme evangelists, that would set out to kill innocent Muslims indiscriminately.

Imo, these are dangerous times and the majoroty of Muslems have a choice. Either they can carry on like early 1930s Germans and keep supporting the terrorists or turn a blind eye, quietly thinking "they're on our side", or they can jion the rest of us and get rid of the cancerous nutters in their midst and look forward to a peaceful future.

The choice is theirs, not ours.
Report blackburn1 January 2, 2010 10:18 AM GMT
wizard is right.

They can organise a protest in Luton when the soldiers came home, but cant be bothered when their lot are busy trying to blow us all up. Denmark, Pakistan, UK,US they dont seem fussy
Report noddys ryde January 2, 2010 10:18 AM GMT
bara- the Pope does not advocate killing people. There are loads of Imans who advocate the death of Rushdie and other proponents of free speech.
Report baracouda30 January 2, 2010 10:20 AM GMT
There are no Christian organisations, ebevn the most extreme evangelists, that would set out to kill innocent Muslims indiscriminately.

They don't need to. The US government and its allies does that job for them. Christianity is at the top table. It reigns supreme in the developed world. It has all the apparatus of the state machines to do its bidding. Christian nutters don't need to strap bombs to themselves in market places as they have
people who can press a button at 20,000 feet to do that for them.

And before anyone takes that as some kind of 'approval' of suicide bombing...don't be daft.

It's all about capability. If radical Muslims had planes, tanks and aircraft carriers, they'd use them and suicide bombers would be redundant. As they haven't (and never will I hope), they will indiscriminately kill however they can.
Report blackburn1 January 2, 2010 10:24 AM GMT
But the US and its allies dont do it in the name of God and are widely condemned by thier citizens.

Until I see a protest/march by so called moderate muslims I'll be concerned. After all, they have nothing to lose if the Islamic Fundamentalists get their way.
Report baracouda30 January 2, 2010 10:27 AM GMT
bara- the Pope does not advocate killing people. There are loads of Imans who advocate the death of Rushdie and other proponents of free speech.

Yes, there are. But that's not evidence of one religion being somehow superior to another.

Did you see the report on BBC News Channel about the child witches in Nigeria? Christian, yes Christian communities, accusing children of sorcery/being witches etc. Children being killed and mutilated by Christians who for some messed up reason think they are the devil/witches etc. Often their own families doing the killing. Horrific.

I don't take that as evidence of Christianity being fundamentally wicked. It shows how some people can get so twisted and messed up that they start to believe all sorts of sh1t.
Report blackburn1 January 2, 2010 10:29 AM GMT
But bara, plenty, if not all Christians would condemn that sort of awful behaviour.

I done see the same from muslims
Report baracouda30 January 2, 2010 10:32 AM GMT
But the US and its allies dont do it in the name of God and are widely condemned by thier citizens.

Oh yes they do! Some of their citizens condemn it, many don't. They did after all re-elect Bush/Cheney in 2004.

Until I see a protest/march by so called moderate muslims I'll be concerned. After all, they have nothing to lose if the Islamic Fundamentalists get their way.

Do you organise protests/marches about things that p1ss you off? When was the last time you did that? Why should they? As some kind of signal to us non-Muslims? I guess it would be an idea from a PR point of view.
Report alfie255 January 2, 2010 10:35 AM GMT
Blackburn is normally the first to condemn marches/protests as futile, looks like he needs to make his mind up.
Report blackburn1 January 2, 2010 10:35 AM GMT
bara, a minority of muslims want a muslim run world, obviously the ones to lose out in those circumstances are non muslims. The millions of so called moderate muslims have nothing to lose, and I suspect they keep their heads down rather than run the risk of a Somalian trying to axe his way into their houses.
Report alfie255 January 2, 2010 10:36 AM GMT
And I largely agree with Baracouda on this, thinking of Muslims as some kind of autonomous, **genous group that all think and act the same only exacerbates the problem. The best tactic to deal with the problem is tried and tested- divide and conquer.
Report blackburn1 January 2, 2010 10:37 AM GMT
I've made my mind up about terrorism alf, not sure you and bara have
Report baracouda30 January 2, 2010 10:38 AM GMT
Maybe you don't see it because it's not really much of a story. Antagonism and hatred sells more papers and gets more people to watch the news.

In the days after 9/11 (as we have to call it) the outrage came thick and fast. What then happened was that all that capital, all that good will from the moderates, was wasted by a ridiculous lashing out by the US (helped by us and others) against the easiest target they could find, one that everyone now acknowledges had nothing to do with it.

In doing that, they mirrored the actions of the people that piloted the planes into those buildings ; lashing out at an easy target. They lost so much of that good will that they could have used. They bombed the crap out of places that had nothing to do with it, killed thousands of innocent people, lied about why they were doing it and left the place in a complete mess.

And you want a protest march?
Report alfie255 January 2, 2010 10:38 AM GMT
How did you infer that from my 2 posts on the subject in this thread? How do you feel about state terrorism btw?
Report blackburn1 January 2, 2010 10:42 AM GMT
You see this is where you dopes get mixed up.

I abhor all forms of war, regardless of the perpetrators. It is right we defend ourselves if under attack but utterly wrong to do otherwise.

You aplogists just seem to want to compare levels of atrocities
Report baracouda30 January 2, 2010 10:49 AM GMT
You see this is where you dopes get mixed up.

And you get mixed up by calling us 'apologists'. It does you no favours, really it doesn't.
Report blackburn1 January 2, 2010 11:56 AM GMT
bara, you certainly come across as a muslim apologist. Not that they need your support, they've got enough crackpots within the ranks as it is
Report alfie255 January 2, 2010 12:23 PM GMT
Why would you need to apologise for being a Muslim?
Report sfc1976 January 2, 2010 12:28 PM GMT
Exactly, you should have to apologise for belonging to any religion. And you should be openly mocked for your beliefs, not hold a position of influence, and not be allowed to spread your lies to children.
Report Big Charlie January 3, 2010 7:59 AM GMT
baracouda30 02 Jan 11:27
Did you see the report on BBC News Channel about the child witches in Nigeria? Christian, yes Christian communities, accusing children of sorcery/being witches etc. Children being killed and mutilated by Christians who for some messed up reason think they are the devil/witches etc. Often their own families doing the killing. Horrific.

I don't take that as evidence of Christianity being fundamentally wicked.

Neither did I. I take it that blacks in the Niger Delta are as thick as sh1t, the same as anybody esle who believes in witchcraft.

It shows how some people can get so twisted and messed up that they start to believe all sorts of sh1t

Like any people who believe in god.

Black, white or green, they're as thick as sh1t.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com