Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
thewhitedog
30 Dec 09 12:32
| Topic/replies: 46 | Blogger: thewhitedog's blog
"Britain's debt now a 'riskier proposition' than Italy's
Investors now view Britain as a riskier lending proposition than Italy, with its cost of borrowing rising comfortably above the 4pc mark for the first time this year.
The yield on 10-year gilts rose briefly above the 4.1pc level in intraday trading and spent most of the day higher than the yield on benchmark Italian bonds, as fears over Britain's fiscal credibility continued to haunt markets."

Well done Gordon; worst Chancellor and worst Prime Minister. What a double!

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 16
By:
HarryCrumb
When: 30 Dec 09 12:47
Yet he still claiming its a choice between Tory austerity and Labour prosperity. The most fightening thing is I dont think he is saying it to fool the mugs into voting for him , I think he genuinely believes it. As each day passes it becomes clearer and clearer that he is mentally ill and it is damming on the rest of the Govt that they allow him to continue as PM.
By:
thewhitedog
When: 30 Dec 09 12:51
You may be right - frightening isn't it! A deusional unelected PM leading a party of spineless gimps who put party before country.
By:
blackburn1
When: 30 Dec 09 12:51
I read excerpts from his New Year message today and I'm convinced he is ill. I'll accept the man is highly intelligent therefore there can be no other explanation for his delusion.

And to think he's our prime minister.
By:
thewhitedog
When: 30 Dec 09 12:54
Yes Blackburn - he may be intelligent (I believe his degree is in Scottish History - not economics - no surprise there then) in some respects, but he's patently as thick as pig sh1T in others and less able than many others who may not have his "academic" acheivement.
By:
Java
When: 30 Dec 09 13:00
I can't believe that people still fall for this myth that Gordon Brown is highly intelligent. He is a grunt - of middling intelligence at best.
By:
treetop
When: 30 Dec 09 13:07
We need to invest more and more and more........give me more money to invest don't you understand all this......please take me away nurse.....
By:
MRGRUMPY1
When: 30 Dec 09 13:44
Gordon Brown will use his new year message to draw his election battle lines as he warns voters not to let the Tories "wreck the recovery".

Yep he's delusional alright. It scares me how much i hate this man.
By:
Doob
When: 30 Dec 09 13:50
Italy just got £85bn back from Tax Havens and put the money back in Italian banks. This is something that we would never do, Brown talks tough but does absolutely nothing about the billions we lose to tax havens.

The market notices these things.
By:
Mister E
When: 30 Dec 09 14:05
A fair point doob.
In spite of all the big talk;
The Isle of Man, Guernsey, Jersey, Gibraltar,
plus the Caribbean islands flourish untouched despite Gordie's talk.
In fact NL sold the freeholds of government buildings to an offshore company.
Part of his cost saving involves shedding more jobs in HMRC, a few quangos and Local Government posts should take precedence for the chop IMO.

Still not sure if the man is a completely deluded fool, or saying what he thinks the mugs want to hear to get himself re-elected. Probably a bit of both.
By:
subversion
When: 30 Dec 09 14:20
and the other elephant in the room - we've just entered a major diplomatic row with one of the worlds biggest investors in western debt

good timing :D
By:
HarryCrumb
When: 30 Dec 09 14:21
Indeed and yet more evidence that Brown genuinly has no grip on reality.
By:
treetop
When: 30 Dec 09 15:38
Strange how a party that always claimed to deride the idea of a colonial power seems to want to impose its views on others and go to war more than any other peacetime government ?
By:
thewhitedog
When: 30 Dec 09 17:30
Good point Subversion.
By:
V4 Vendetta
When: 30 Dec 09 18:25
Doob 30 Dec 14:50

Italy just got £85bn back from Tax Havens and put the money back in Italian banks. This is something that we would never do, Brown talks tough but does absolutely nothing about the billions we lose to tax havens.

Point of order. We don't "lose it" as it was never ours to start with, we simply fail to acquire it from those who it belongs to.
By:
A.H HUNTER esq.
When: 30 Dec 09 20:22
Seems the ities are even more uniquely placed than our good selves . I think we all took Gordie the wrong way though he meant uniquely (as in royally fooked) .
By:
Mister E
When: 31 Dec 09 16:01
I think Gordie meant not tied to the Euro as we would have been if Blair had his way.
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com