Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Templeton Peck
26 Dec 09 13:30
| Topic/replies: 4,134 | Blogger: Templeton Peck's blog
...possibly lives in London. What a surprise. We sacrifice so many people in Afghanistan but let political correctness prevent us from attacking the terrorists in our own country.

This is a national embarrassment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8430699.stm
Pause Switch to Standard View The terrorist who attempted to blow...
Show More
Report Golfboy December 26, 2009 2:38 PM GMT
I wonder if he woz on a student visa, probably overstaing his time here in the UK huh!
Report noddys ryde December 26, 2009 3:01 PM GMT
Repeat after me.
The liars have tough border controls....
Report subversion December 26, 2009 3:02 PM GMT
at this rate, having a British passport will guarantee a full body cavity search at all major airports in the world

hmmmm, maybe this is what Mandelson has been after all along
Report A.H HUNTER esq. December 26, 2009 4:16 PM GMT
Terrorists in this country seem to have more Human Rights and benefits than old aged indigenous tax payers under Labour.
Report V4 Vendetta December 26, 2009 4:45 PM GMT
Not sure how our border controls would stop someone getting a plane in the Netherlands though, nod.
Report sap December 26, 2009 4:53 PM GMT

Keep up with the times please, Britain granted Nigeria independence in 1960.
Report Veck December 26, 2009 5:10 PM GMT
Nigerian news websites are reporting more info than UK news websites. They even have a pic of him on the plane
Report Templeton Peck December 26, 2009 5:40 PM GMT
sap 26 Dec 17:53

Keep up with the times please, Britain granted Nigeria independence in 1960.

Eh? We're letting him live here and we're educating him here. And it's not the first time something like this has happened. That's the embarrassment.
Report V4 Vendetta December 26, 2009 5:50 PM GMT
Same goes for half of Merseyside.
Report V4 Vendetta December 26, 2009 5:50 PM GMT
Although the state education is probably a national embarassment, that's true.
Report sibaroni December 26, 2009 5:55 PM GMT
He took a degree here. I can't see the embarrasment in that.
Report sap December 26, 2009 6:01 PM GMT
Merseyside will always be gifted with physical intelligence. Reds 2-0
Report sibaroni December 26, 2009 6:03 PM GMT
I laid 'em sadly. Still, thanks for fourth place (Villa fan)
Report V4 Vendetta December 26, 2009 6:06 PM GMT
Are there any scousers in the team, sap?
Report sap December 26, 2009 6:14 PM GMT
The last time he opened his mouth, First Goalscorer definitely sounded like a scousers imo
Report caleyjags December 26, 2009 6:23 PM GMT
Considering he left UK mid 2008, don't know how you can blame us.
Report caleyjags December 26, 2009 6:29 PM GMT
More worrying is Gordon Brown seeking to reassure the British public. Whatever he says shortly after the opposite happens. I'm glad I don't live in London.
Report Templeton Peck December 26, 2009 6:38 PM GMT
caleyjags 26 Dec 19:23
Considering he left UK mid 2008, don't know how you can blame us.

As far as I'm aware, nobody knows where he went after he finished his degree last year. His father doesn't know so I'm assuming not back to Nigeria. I expect he was hanging out with the many other wannabe terrorists in this country.

Whether he stayed here or not, educating terrorists is rather embarassing. We're supposed to be taking this rather seriously yet two failed bombers have been educated here. Not only do we educate terrorists but we educate them so badly that they can't even set off their bombs...
Report sap December 26, 2009 6:43 PM GMT
Thank god for our education system then
Report Prickard December 26, 2009 7:45 PM GMT
It is sad indictment of our country that an engineering graduate from one of our top universities could not successfully detonate a simple explosive device.
Report V4 Vendetta December 26, 2009 8:00 PM GMT
Yes, I think he should be forced to retake the test in a field.
Report sap December 26, 2009 8:12 PM GMT
or perhaps he should demand a refund of his extortionate tuition fees.
Report chop180 December 26, 2009 9:59 PM GMT
"We sacrifice so many people in Afghanistan but let political correctness prevent us from attacking the terrorists in our own country"

Even by the standards of the betfair forum, that is an amazing thick and stupid post. Where the **** does "political correctness" figure in what happened ffs? Jesus :0 :0 :0
Report Mister E December 27, 2009 10:11 AM GMT
Trained in Yemen, --next on the list?Perhaps we should have gone there before Iraq.

Lived in London for three years while studying.

The income from Foreign governments for Uni fees is such that we let all sorts in with the briefest of checks.

Once TopUP Fees really kick in, our traditional Unis will be populated exclusively by former PublicSchoolPupils, and the former Polys by foreign students paid for by governments who really belive in education, education, education.
Report Mister E December 27, 2009 10:13 AM GMT
**ard 26 Dec 20:45
It is sad indictment of our country that an engineering graduate from one of our top universities could not successfully detonate a simple explosive device.

Agreed, only succeeded in setting his arse on fire, more suitable for a job in finance IMO.
Report Iwantyourmoney December 27, 2009 11:49 AM GMT
yet another of the luvvie 'friends' doing a fine job of promoting diversity.

Lets all celebrate

:( :(
Report Veck December 28, 2009 8:00 AM GMT
An Indian man in a nicely dressed suit around age 50 approached the check in counter with the terrorist and said "This man needs to get on this flight and he has no passport." The two of them were an odd pair as the terrorist is a short, black man that looked like he was very poor and looks around age 17(Although I think he is 23 he doesn't look it). It did not cross my mind that they were terrorists, only that the two looked weird together. The ticket taker said "you can't board without a passport". The Indian man then replied, "He is from Sudan, we do this all the time". I can only take from this to mean that it is difficult to get passports from Sudan and this was some sort of sympathy ploy. The ticket taker then said "You will have to talk to my manager", and sent the two down a hallway. I never saw the Indian man again as he wasn't on the flight. It was also weird that the terrorist never said a word in this exchange. Anyway, somehow, the terrorist still made it onto the plane. I am not sure if it was a bribe or just sympathy from the security manager.

Who was this mysterious "suit" and why is this detail not being scrutinized by the major newsmedia organizations?

Notable things:
-Mutallab did not have documentation that could get him onto the plane.
-A mysterious man in a nice suit suddenly appeared and facilitated his entry.
-Mutallab didn't look his age at all.
-There was a second Indian man arrested at the airport.
-Passengers were held on the plane 20 minutes after it landed.

Our perp:
-Indian
-Around 50 years old
-Sharply dressed, Obviously wealthy

Not much to go on, but if this story is real, we have a suspect for the 'handler'.
Report onetruesaxon1964 December 28, 2009 8:05 AM GMT
morning ,im a white british male in his 40s ,flew back from spain yesterday got stopped by airport police,immigration,and customs not very nice people ,there were asians and 1 women with a burka not a question asked off them is it because im white
Report potlis December 28, 2009 8:24 AM GMT
Desperate search taking place at the Home-office to "seek and destroy" any letters received from the would-be bombers father, stating his concern at the radicalisation his son has undergone at a London university.
Report onetruesaxon1964 December 28, 2009 8:30 AM GMT
why do we not act like other countries detain the bas ds and ask questions later,1 man to blame blunkett
Report Templeton Peck December 28, 2009 8:56 AM GMT
chop180 26 Dec 22:59
"We sacrifice so many people in Afghanistan but let political correctness prevent us from attacking the terrorists in our own country"

Even by the standards of the betfair forum, that is an amazing thick and stupid post. Where the **** does "political correctness" figure in what happened ffs? Jesus :0 :0 :0

It does make me chuckle when someone uses incorrect language (i.e. amazing) when insulting another forumite's intelligence!

PC results in foreign/non-white people being left alone and questioned/searched/followed/investigated less often than the proportions of crime/terrorism committed by that group indicates they should be.

From the papers today:

MI5 fear:
1) He was planning to launch the attacks from the UK
2) He developed links with other extremists during his three year stay at UCL
3) He was off the radar during his three years in GB on a student visa
4) Extremists are exploiting lax rules with regards to student visas
Report Injera December 28, 2009 9:16 AM GMT
:) Mister E
Report Mister E December 28, 2009 9:26 AM GMT
;-)
Report gazza66 December 28, 2009 9:49 AM GMT
About time we started proper Airline Security Profiling. Having separate queues depending upon your religion nationality and gender.
Report potlis December 28, 2009 10:02 AM GMT
Mr Brown will be along shortly to tell us we must "redouble our efforts in Afghanistan"
Report Dr Crippen December 28, 2009 10:08 AM GMT
Bearing mind that the terrorist was denied entry into Britain let alone allowed to get on a plane here, there some very silly posts above from the usual suspects.
Report Mister E December 28, 2009 10:13 AM GMT
The suspect was recently denied re-entry into Britain. He was here for three years as a student, and it is believed that at this point he became radicalised.
The fact that the US have a database of 500,000 suspected terrorists indicates the enormity of the problem, and the extent to which it has escalated since the invasion of Iraq.
Report potlis December 28, 2009 10:32 AM GMT
Yep, lets blank out the fact that he was only denied entry to UK because in his previous stay here he had become so corrupted that he got himself included on a potential terorrists list.
Report Templeton Peck December 28, 2009 10:49 AM GMT
Dr Crippen 28 Dec 11:08
Bearing mind that the terrorist was denied entry into Britain let alone allowed to get on a plane here, there some very silly posts above from the usual suspects.

potlis 28 Dec 11:32
Yep, lets blank out the fact that he was only denied entry to UK because in his previous stay here he had become so corrupted that he got himself included on a potential terorrists list.

I concur, potlis.

Dr Crippen, if ever there was a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted...
Report Dr Crippen December 28, 2009 11:18 AM GMT
Dr Crippen, if ever there was a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted...

Oh, so when do you think he should have been barred from entering Britain then?
Report chop180 December 28, 2009 11:31 AM GMT
TP. If you are seriously telling me the authorities had proper evidence that he was a terrorist, but refused to investigate it because of his natiionality / colour / religion, then you must be an imbecile.

On the one in a million chance that the above is the case, presumably you can provide some proof of what you say? Otherwise you are going to look incredibly silly.....
Report chop180 December 28, 2009 11:34 AM GMT
"PC results in foreign/non-white people being left alone and questioned/searched/followed/investigated less often than the proportions of crime/terrorism committed by that group indicates they should be"

Again, evidence please? Otherwise one would have to assume you are a numpty who believes everything he reads in the gutter press.....
Report Templeton Peck December 28, 2009 11:56 AM GMT
Dr Crippen 28 Dec 12:18

Oh, so when do you think he should have been barred from entering Britain then?

Your post implied to me that you think our security procedures are sufficient considering we stopped him entering the country this time. Am I right in thinking that that was what you were implying?
Report Templeton Peck December 28, 2009 12:06 PM GMT
Before I reply, please would you stop insulting me? It's not very polite. Also, your assumption that I am a numpty who reads the gutter press based on one point of view is quite a generalisation.

chop180 28 Dec 12:31
TP. If you are seriously telling me the authorities had proper evidence that he was a terrorist, but refused to investigate it because of his natiionality / colour / religion, then you must be an imbecile.

On the one in a million chance that the above is the case, presumably you can provide some proof of what you say? Otherwise you are going to look incredibly silly.....

I did not say the authorities had any evidence he was a terrorist.

chop180 28 Dec 12:33
"PC results in foreign/non-white people being left alone and questioned/searched/followed/investigated less often than the proportions of crime/terrorism committed by that group indicates they should be"

Again, evidence please? Otherwise one would have to assume you are a numpty who believes everything he reads in the gutter press.....

I was under the impression that racial profiling was frowned upon? I'd like to see your evidence that the government support racial profiling. I think it's fairly clear that the terrorists don't tend to be english and white.
Report Dr Crippen December 28, 2009 12:17 PM GMT
Templeton Peck 28 Dec 12:56
Am I right in thinking that that was what you were implying?

These are a few of the comments I was referring to, taken from the first three posts on here.

possibly lives in London

overstaing his time here in the UK huh!

The liars have tough border controls....
Report chop180 December 28, 2009 5:53 PM GMT
TP. In case you have forgotten, this was your opening post:

I am yet again asking you to provide some evidence for this.

If you can't do so, I will have to assume you were talking crap.
Report alun2005 December 28, 2009 6:01 PM GMT
Soft Britain again partly to blame for this obscenity
Report noddys ryde December 28, 2009 6:03 PM GMT
Johnson is on the case. so thats alright then......
Report chop180 December 28, 2009 6:13 PM GMT
Oh, and if you make inflammatory comments without a shred of evidence like the one I highlighted, you will have to accept people questioning your intelligence. If you don't like that, tough.
Report Iwantyourmoney December 28, 2009 6:24 PM GMT
intelligence and chop180

:D :D :D :D
Report Templeton Peck December 28, 2009 8:03 PM GMT
Is chop180 known for having anger issues? He seems a rather angry person to me.

Again, I didn't say the authorities had any information about him being a terrorist.
Report chop180 December 28, 2009 8:34 PM GMT
You made the ridiculous claim in your opening post that political correctness prevented us "from attacking the terrorists in our own country"

I've asked you several times to provide proof of this.

You haven't done so. Instead you've tried to weasel your way out by making other comments which are related to a different question. You should be a politician.

And yes, it does annoy me when people try to stir things up on very sensitive issues without a shred of evidence. I doubt I'm the only one who this applies to.

Hope this helps, thicko.
Report Templeton Peck December 28, 2009 8:41 PM GMT
Thicko!
Report Templeton Peck December 28, 2009 8:43 PM GMT
Your question was clear and, for the third time, I did not say the authorities knew he was a terrorist.

chop180 28 Dec 12:31

I did not say the authorities had any evidence he was a terrorist.
Report chop180 December 28, 2009 9:19 PM GMT
You clearly inferred it in that way also. Blindingly obvious, otherwise why bother to mention it in the same sentence? I see you then panicked and hastily backtracked.

Still waiting for the PC evidence, you've had all day, can I assume you were talking nonsense?
Report Big Charlie December 28, 2009 11:13 PM GMT
:)
Report Iwantyourmoney December 28, 2009 11:22 PM GMT
he was on our 'watch list'

Whatever that means

At a guess, a watch list of those who do not claim enough 'free cash' and free cookers, free TVs and the like

;) ;)
Report Big Charlie December 28, 2009 11:25 PM GMT
Mr Obama wants to know he managed to get on a plane for the U.S if he was on a watchlist.
Report towers21. December 29, 2009 12:03 AM GMT
how does a man board a flight witout a passport?

who was the smartly dressed guy who accompanied him to the check in desk that the media has avoided talking about or releasing cctv pictures of?

who was the guy who recorded the entire flight on video camera, even though video cameras are banned on flights to america?

who was the second guy arrested at the scence of which the media refuse to acknowledge?

another false flag but it seems none of you have even bothered researching this .... just repeat the MSM mantra .... England is a terrorist haven and they are going to kill us all unless we give up our freedoms?
Report towers21. December 29, 2009 12:05 AM GMT
watch list? his father phoned the american embassey in Kenya telling them that his son was a threat to national security ... yet he was still given a 2 year visa?

people this isnt imcompetence, this is an alphabet agency patsy
Report potlis December 29, 2009 8:31 AM GMT
Listened to Johnson on the Today programme "security forces will be investigating to discover whether he was radicalised in Nigeria,Yemen, or ELSEWHERE, could not bring himself to say UK.
As for political correctness, if that leads to accusations of "racists/islamophobic, and fear of such accusations prevent people or those in authority from "rocking the boat" then surely PC has played its part.
Report V4 Vendetta December 29, 2009 9:24 AM GMT
chop180 28 Dec 19:13

Oh, and if you make inflammatory comments without a shred of evidence like the one I highlighted, you will have to accept people questioning your intelligence. If you don't like that, tough.

What about if you make inflamatory underpants?
Report Templeton Peck December 29, 2009 11:30 AM GMT
I'm off out so will answer you later chop, although I did mention the PC stuff before. Think I said something about the government being against racial profiling and asked you whether you disagreed with that statement and what evidence you were looking for. You did not respond.

I did see today he went to the mosque at the end of the road I was living at during his time in the UK. Horrid place and I'm not surprised it's a breeding ground for terrorists.
Report noddys ryde December 29, 2009 12:16 PM GMT
In future should airport security concentrate on...

Nigerians

Old white grannies.

Current liar policy is that you should search each in the same proportion regardless.

They are putting political correctness before our security.
Report digdeep December 29, 2009 12:23 PM GMT
These people are as bad as the nazis,people should wake up and stop worrying about upsetting them.
Report towers21. December 29, 2009 12:50 PM GMT
templeton - are you mad?

he was clearly got at by some agency in the Yeman - the local mosque couldnt get him the visa when he had been reported as a threat to national security, couldnt get him on the plane without a passport, couldnt get his home made bomb through security.

you obviously know very little of what is going on in the Yeman - there are two huge operations happening in the Yeman right now and the CIA presence in the region is huge.

they knew this guy had a bomb and they allowed him on the plane with it because they understood the crude device would never work - if you have a war on terrorism then you need a few terrorists every now and again.

have you seen the pictures of the pants bomb? if you cant work out whats wrong with that photo then you really are unable to think critically!
Report Templeton Peck December 29, 2009 1:21 PM GMT
towers21 29 Dec 13:50
templeton - are you mad?

he was clearly got at by some agency in the Yeman - the local mosque couldnt get him the visa when he had been reported as a threat to national security, couldnt get him on the plane without a passport, couldnt get his home made bomb through security.

you obviously know very little of what is going on in the Yeman - there are two huge operations happening in the Yeman right now and the CIA presence in the region is huge.

they knew this guy had a bomb and they allowed him on the plane with it because they understood the crude device would never work - if you have a war on terrorism then you need a few terrorists every now and again.

have you seen the pictures of the pants bomb? if you cant work out whats wrong with that photo then you really are unable to think critically!

Yes. I'm stark raving**ers. That's what happens when you don't wear your tin foil hat. You, on the other hand, seem perfectly sane...

I know nothing about Yemen. I haven't seen the man's pants. But I do know it's a piece of p1ss to smuggle stuff like he did onto a plane. No airport security man has ever felt up near my genitals so seems a fairly obvious hiding place.
Report noddys ryde December 29, 2009 4:44 PM GMT
Did the small explosion blow hs blls off? That at least would be a success. Not that he will need them again...............
Report Mexico December 29, 2009 5:05 PM GMT
Noddy - If that was the case where would the CIA attach the electrodes.
Report noddys ryde December 29, 2009 6:12 PM GMT
His ears?
Report Golfboy December 29, 2009 7:48 PM GMT
The following iz from a passenger on the plane:

"I was on this flight today and am thankful to be alive. My wife and I were returning from an African safari and had this connecting flight through Amsterdam. I sat in row 27, which was 7 rows behind the terrorist. I got to see the whole thing take place and it was very scary. Thanks to a few quick acting people I am still alive today.
For those of you talking about airline security in this thread, I was next to the terrorist when he checked in at the Amsterdam airport early on Christmas. My wife and I were playing cards directly in front of the check in counter. This is what I saw (and I relayed this to the FBI when we were held in customs):

An Indian man in a nicely dressed suit around age 50 approached the check in counter with the terrorist and said "This man needs to get on this flight and he has no passport." The two of them were an odd pair as the terrorist is a short, black man that looked like he was very poor and looks around age 17(Although I think he is 23 he doesn't look it). It did not cross my mind that they were terrorists, only that the two looked weird together. The ticket taker said "you can't board without a passport". The Indian man then replied, "He is from Sudan, we do this all the time". I can only take from this to mean that it is difficult to get passports from Sudan and this was some sort of sympathy ploy. The ticket taker then said "You will have to talk to my manager", and sent the two down a hallway. I never saw the Indian man again as he wasn't on the flight. It was also weird that the terrorist never said a word in this exchange. Anyway, somehow, the terrorist still made it onto the plane. I am not sure if it was a bribe or just sympathy from the security manager.

FBI also arrested a different Indian man while we were held in customs after a bomb sniffing dog detected a bomb in his carry on bag and he was searched after we landed. This was later confirmed while we were in customs when an FBI agent said to us "You are being moved to another area because this area is not safe. Read between the lines. Some of you saw what just happened."(The arrest of the other Indian man). I am not sure why this hasn't made it into any news story, but I stood about 15-20 feet away from the other Indian man when he was cuffed and arrested after his search.

What also didn't make the news is that we were held on the plane for 20 minutes AFTER IT LANDED!. A bomb could have gone off then. This wasn't too smart of security to not let us off the plane immediately.

You can see what time I am writing this as I am having a hard time sleeping tonight. Just thought some of you would like to know what I saw, Merry Christmas."
Report Golfboy December 29, 2009 7:56 PM GMT
i guess the above story is what towers 21, is talking about, i have my doubts as to its truth
Report towers21. December 30, 2009 9:37 AM GMT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLrCc3P6Kmg&feature=player_embedded#
Report tangsoodo December 30, 2009 1:38 PM GMT
another inside job
government continues to murder people
Report Templeton Peck December 30, 2009 5:07 PM GMT
Groomed in London:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/article6971098.ece
Report tangsoodo December 31, 2009 4:01 PM GMT
borders and customs confirms two arrested
fbi claim only one
Post Your Reply