Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Templeton Peck
26 Dec 09 14:30
| Topic/replies: 4,134 | Blogger: Templeton Peck's blog
...possibly lives in London. What a surprise. We sacrifice so many people in Afghanistan but let political correctness prevent us from attacking the terrorists in our own country.

This is a national embarrassment.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/8430699.stm

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 76
By:
Golfboy
When: 26 Dec 09 14:38
I wonder if he woz on a student visa, probably overstaing his time here in the UK huh!
By:
noddys ryde
When: 26 Dec 09 15:01
Repeat after me.
The liars have tough border controls....
By:
subversion
When: 26 Dec 09 15:02
at this rate, having a British passport will guarantee a full body cavity search at all major airports in the world

hmmmm, maybe this is what Mandelson has been after all along
By:
A.H HUNTER esq.
When: 26 Dec 09 16:16
Terrorists in this country seem to have more Human Rights and benefits than old aged indigenous tax payers under Labour.
By:
V4 Vendetta
When: 26 Dec 09 16:45
Not sure how our border controls would stop someone getting a plane in the Netherlands though, nod.
By:
sap
When: 26 Dec 09 16:53

Keep up with the times please, Britain granted Nigeria independence in 1960.
By:
Veck
When: 26 Dec 09 17:10
Nigerian news websites are reporting more info than UK news websites. They even have a pic of him on the plane
By:
Templeton Peck
When: 26 Dec 09 17:40
sap 26 Dec 17:53

Keep up with the times please, Britain granted Nigeria independence in 1960.

Eh? We're letting him live here and we're educating him here. And it's not the first time something like this has happened. That's the embarrassment.
By:
V4 Vendetta
When: 26 Dec 09 17:50
Same goes for half of Merseyside.
By:
V4 Vendetta
When: 26 Dec 09 17:50
Although the state education is probably a national embarassment, that's true.
By:
sibaroni
When: 26 Dec 09 17:55
He took a degree here. I can't see the embarrasment in that.
By:
sap
When: 26 Dec 09 18:01
Merseyside will always be gifted with physical intelligence. Reds 2-0
By:
sibaroni
When: 26 Dec 09 18:03
I laid 'em sadly. Still, thanks for fourth place (Villa fan)
By:
V4 Vendetta
When: 26 Dec 09 18:06
Are there any scousers in the team, sap?
By:
sap
When: 26 Dec 09 18:14
The last time he opened his mouth, First Goalscorer definitely sounded like a scousers imo
By:
caleyjags
When: 26 Dec 09 18:23
Considering he left UK mid 2008, don't know how you can blame us.
By:
caleyjags
When: 26 Dec 09 18:29
More worrying is Gordon Brown seeking to reassure the British public. Whatever he says shortly after the opposite happens. I'm glad I don't live in London.
By:
Templeton Peck
When: 26 Dec 09 18:38
caleyjags 26 Dec 19:23
Considering he left UK mid 2008, don't know how you can blame us.

As far as I'm aware, nobody knows where he went after he finished his degree last year. His father doesn't know so I'm assuming not back to Nigeria. I expect he was hanging out with the many other wannabe terrorists in this country.

Whether he stayed here or not, educating terrorists is rather embarassing. We're supposed to be taking this rather seriously yet two failed bombers have been educated here. Not only do we educate terrorists but we educate them so badly that they can't even set off their bombs...
By:
sap
When: 26 Dec 09 18:43
Thank god for our education system then
By:
Prickard
When: 26 Dec 09 19:45
It is sad indictment of our country that an engineering graduate from one of our top universities could not successfully detonate a simple explosive device.
By:
V4 Vendetta
When: 26 Dec 09 20:00
Yes, I think he should be forced to retake the test in a field.
By:
sap
When: 26 Dec 09 20:12
or perhaps he should demand a refund of his extortionate tuition fees.
By:
chop180
When: 26 Dec 09 21:59
"We sacrifice so many people in Afghanistan but let political correctness prevent us from attacking the terrorists in our own country"

Even by the standards of the betfair forum, that is an amazing thick and stupid post. Where the **** does "political correctness" figure in what happened ffs? Jesus :0 :0 :0
By:
Mister E
When: 27 Dec 09 10:11
Trained in Yemen, --next on the list?Perhaps we should have gone there before Iraq.

Lived in London for three years while studying.

The income from Foreign governments for Uni fees is such that we let all sorts in with the briefest of checks.

Once TopUP Fees really kick in, our traditional Unis will be populated exclusively by former PublicSchoolPupils, and the former Polys by foreign students paid for by governments who really belive in education, education, education.
By:
Mister E
When: 27 Dec 09 10:13
**ard 26 Dec 20:45
It is sad indictment of our country that an engineering graduate from one of our top universities could not successfully detonate a simple explosive device.

Agreed, only succeeded in setting his arse on fire, more suitable for a job in finance IMO.
By:
Iwantyourmoney
When: 27 Dec 09 11:49
yet another of the luvvie 'friends' doing a fine job of promoting diversity.

Lets all celebrate

:( :(
By:
Veck
When: 28 Dec 09 08:00
An Indian man in a nicely dressed suit around age 50 approached the check in counter with the terrorist and said "This man needs to get on this flight and he has no passport." The two of them were an odd pair as the terrorist is a short, black man that looked like he was very poor and looks around age 17(Although I think he is 23 he doesn't look it). It did not cross my mind that they were terrorists, only that the two looked weird together. The ticket taker said "you can't board without a passport". The Indian man then replied, "He is from Sudan, we do this all the time". I can only take from this to mean that it is difficult to get passports from Sudan and this was some sort of sympathy ploy. The ticket taker then said "You will have to talk to my manager", and sent the two down a hallway. I never saw the Indian man again as he wasn't on the flight. It was also weird that the terrorist never said a word in this exchange. Anyway, somehow, the terrorist still made it onto the plane. I am not sure if it was a bribe or just sympathy from the security manager.

Who was this mysterious "suit" and why is this detail not being scrutinized by the major newsmedia organizations?

Notable things:
-Mutallab did not have documentation that could get him onto the plane.
-A mysterious man in a nice suit suddenly appeared and facilitated his entry.
-Mutallab didn't look his age at all.
-There was a second Indian man arrested at the airport.
-Passengers were held on the plane 20 minutes after it landed.

Our perp:
-Indian
-Around 50 years old
-Sharply dressed, Obviously wealthy

Not much to go on, but if this story is real, we have a suspect for the 'handler'.
By:
onetruesaxon1964
When: 28 Dec 09 08:05
morning ,im a white british male in his 40s ,flew back from spain yesterday got stopped by airport police,immigration,and customs not very nice people ,there were asians and 1 women with a burka not a question asked off them is it because im white
By:
potlis
When: 28 Dec 09 08:24
Desperate search taking place at the Home-office to "seek and destroy" any letters received from the would-be bombers father, stating his concern at the radicalisation his son has undergone at a London university.
By:
onetruesaxon1964
When: 28 Dec 09 08:30
why do we not act like other countries detain the bas ds and ask questions later,1 man to blame blunkett
By:
Templeton Peck
When: 28 Dec 09 08:56
chop180 26 Dec 22:59
"We sacrifice so many people in Afghanistan but let political correctness prevent us from attacking the terrorists in our own country"

Even by the standards of the betfair forum, that is an amazing thick and stupid post. Where the **** does "political correctness" figure in what happened ffs? Jesus :0 :0 :0

It does make me chuckle when someone uses incorrect language (i.e. amazing) when insulting another forumite's intelligence!

PC results in foreign/non-white people being left alone and questioned/searched/followed/investigated less often than the proportions of crime/terrorism committed by that group indicates they should be.

From the papers today:

MI5 fear:
1) He was planning to launch the attacks from the UK
2) He developed links with other extremists during his three year stay at UCL
3) He was off the radar during his three years in GB on a student visa
4) Extremists are exploiting lax rules with regards to student visas
By:
Injera
When: 28 Dec 09 09:16
:) Mister E
By:
Mister E
When: 28 Dec 09 09:26
;-)
By:
gazza66
When: 28 Dec 09 09:49
About time we started proper Airline Security Profiling. Having separate queues depending upon your religion nationality and gender.
By:
potlis
When: 28 Dec 09 10:02
Mr Brown will be along shortly to tell us we must "redouble our efforts in Afghanistan"
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 28 Dec 09 10:08
Bearing mind that the terrorist was denied entry into Britain let alone allowed to get on a plane here, there some very silly posts above from the usual suspects.
By:
Mister E
When: 28 Dec 09 10:13
The suspect was recently denied re-entry into Britain. He was here for three years as a student, and it is believed that at this point he became radicalised.
The fact that the US have a database of 500,000 suspected terrorists indicates the enormity of the problem, and the extent to which it has escalated since the invasion of Iraq.
By:
potlis
When: 28 Dec 09 10:32
Yep, lets blank out the fact that he was only denied entry to UK because in his previous stay here he had become so corrupted that he got himself included on a potential terorrists list.
By:
Templeton Peck
When: 28 Dec 09 10:49
Dr Crippen 28 Dec 11:08
Bearing mind that the terrorist was denied entry into Britain let alone allowed to get on a plane here, there some very silly posts above from the usual suspects.

potlis 28 Dec 11:32
Yep, lets blank out the fact that he was only denied entry to UK because in his previous stay here he had become so corrupted that he got himself included on a potential terorrists list.

I concur, potlis.

Dr Crippen, if ever there was a case of closing the stable door after the horse has bolted...
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com