Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
blackburn1
28 Dec 09 15:56
| Topic/replies: 25,801 | Blogger: blackburn1's blog
Lets hope we follow suit

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 230
By:
donny osmond
When: 28 Dec 09 16:08
when he is already dead, or to finish him off ?
By:
Ivor
When: 28 Dec 09 16:12
BUT if China executes some bad dudes - other bad dudes will come here - a softer target with added benefits!
By:
long&short
When: 28 Dec 09 16:17
Yes, lets all take our lead from a country that routinely locks up political dissidents in psychiatric hospitals and executes mentally ill people. Wonderful.
By:
subversion
When: 28 Dec 09 16:20
how many foreign civilians has China bombed in the last decade, or even century, please 'long&short'?

compare and contrast with the US and the UK

stupid arrogant Westerners lecturing about human rights while happily butchering foreigners in their thousands... hypocrites
By:
HarryCrumb
When: 28 Dec 09 16:46
When Britain has a legal system that applies equally to rich and poor,and celebrities arent allowed to blatantly escape justice and one where sentences are based solely on the crime committed then we can look abroad and criticise them.
By:
madsimon
When: 28 Dec 09 16:46
FREE TIBET
By:
subversion
When: 28 Dec 09 16:48
NO TO IRAQI PRISONER ABUSE
By:
madsimon
When: 28 Dec 09 16:52
subversion = chinese ambassador to betfair (on a bad day!!)
By:
subversion
When: 28 Dec 09 16:53
madsimon = another western hypocrite?
By:
madsimon
When: 28 Dec 09 16:56
lol -i really fail to see why you cannot critiise China humna rights record just because somebody (who you didn't vote for anyway) who was your countyrs leader lied about an iraq war.

the linking up of indendant topics to create a defence of one topic is not good a good way of arguing
By:
madsimon
When: 28 Dec 09 16:58
i do not see on threads about blair/labour lying over the iraq war a defence that 'so what, china has an appaling human rights record'
By:
subversion
When: 28 Dec 09 16:59
of course you can criticise Chinas human rights record madsimon

just dont expect your little lectures to get taken seriously when your own country is guilty of hideous crimes against humanity as well
By:
long&short
When: 28 Dec 09 17:24
Sub

It seems fair to ask for clemency in this case given the person is not well. My point goes no further than that.
By:
tonkability
When: 28 Dec 09 17:33
I dont give a t oss that hes not well, if hes guilty give me the gun and ill shoot him .
By:
Dr Crippen
When: 29 Dec 09 08:21
One thing is clear from this, you wont get off on any technicality if you are caught with drugs in China.
If youre well enough to commit the crime, then youre well enough to take the consequences if they catch you..
By:
baracouda30
When: 29 Dec 09 09:41
'Well enough to commit the crime'.

What the **** does that mean? Able to stand on your own two feet and carry a bag through customs? Right. So if you can do that you must, by definition, be fit enough (in body and mind) to have the death penalty carried out on you.

What complete and utter tripe.

Like all of us, I have no idea whether he was guilty or not. Seems strange that so many on this forum who automatically take up the Billy England anti-foreign position whenever possible are flocking to support the Chinese Government on this. Maybe if he was a white middle-class businessman you'd think differently.

A (possibly) mentally ill person gets executed and it's 'Well done China' time. Dear oh dear.
By:
noddys ryde
When: 29 Dec 09 09:50
Perhaps Brits feeding opiates to their population still hits a nerve with the Chineese?
By:
subversion
When: 29 Dec 09 09:54
^^^^ closer to the bone than you think noddy.

China has been one of the most conquered, bullied and colonised countries in the world by major powers in the last couple of hundred years (quite ironic when you think the Western media likes to portray China as an aggressive, rogue nation)

now that Chinas power is rising, don't be surprised if they are keen to place the shoe on the other foot
By:
Iwantyourmoney
When: 29 Dec 09 09:55
baracouda30 showing how much of a thickiee he really is

another apologist to drug smugglers

Just to advise that Chinese people that live in China are not foreign to China

HTH

Only an extreme druggie luvvie will bring race into the debate

;) ;)
By:
GAZO
When: 29 Dec 09 10:12
good old gordon is gutted,he had already got a house and a lifetime of benefits lined up for him for when he got him back,ever vote counts
By:
baracouda30
When: 29 Dec 09 10:15
Seems there's plenty that support execution of the mentally ill.

Start looking over your shoulders chaps.
By:
evski
When: 29 Dec 09 10:18
bara, how can you expect people that would hang children to sympathise with someone with (possible) mental illness?

One thing that this thread makes clear is the total disregard for due process of those on the far right. At no point have any of them questioned the fact the trial was 30 minutes long, or that the Chinise governmnet place the responsibility for proving mental illness with the mentally ill.

If he is sane and guilty I still disagree with the punishment but soverign states have the right to execute. But why can't we all agree that murdering the mentally ill or possibly innocent is not the business of any state?
By:
HarryCrumb
When: 29 Dec 09 10:22
Did he have any history of mental illness before his arrest?
By:
Iwantyourmoney
When: 29 Dec 09 10:23
It is all very funny that luvvies are spouting their bleeding hearts on here for a convicted drug smuggler. Due process was done unless you think he was not carrying 4gk of the stuff?

This person is alledged to have the same illness as Stephen luvvie Fry

;) ;)

I wonder if it was Nick Grifffin that was hanged he would get the same luvvie bleeding heart comments

;) ;)
By:
subversion
When: 29 Dec 09 10:25
i wonder if all the iraqi civilians killed by the UK got any kind of trial at all
By:
Iwantyourmoney
When: 29 Dec 09 10:32
I wonder where the bleeding hearters are when the likes of Germany lock up people for many years just for 'debating' history?

;) ;)
By:
baracouda30
When: 29 Dec 09 10:33
Funny how people like Iwantyourbraincell all of a sudden are convinced of the quality of the Chinese courts when a dark-skinned possible drug smuggler is on the wrong end of it.

Like I said, I have no idea of his innocence or guilt.

However, I do have some idea about the Chinese system. It's a bit 'dodgy' you see chaps. I know that will be news to you, and I know that you don't really care because the end result is a dead darkie, but it happens to be true.
By:
Iwantyourmoney
When: 29 Dec 09 10:36
dark-skinned possible drug smuggler is on the wrong end of it.

it is quite clear who the racist is.

If he was white, purple green or orange would not matter to me but race seems to play a big part in your judgement.

So when are you going to protest at Germany and France for locking up white people who debate history?

;) ;)
By:
MRGRUMPY1
When: 29 Dec 09 10:36
In a statement issued after the execution, the Chinese Embassy said Mr Shaikh's rights "were properly respected and guaranteed" and British concerns were "duly noted and taken into consideration".

It said: "As for his possible mental illness which has been much talked about, there apparently has been no previous medical record."

A report from the official Chinese news agency Xinhua said that China's Supreme People's Court had not been provided with any documentation proving that Mr Shaikh had a mental disorder.

Mr Shaikh is the first EU national to be executed in China in more than 50 years.
By:
baracouda30
When: 29 Dec 09 10:37
Of course it would matter to you.

You get a stiffy whenever 'racial purity' is mentioned.
By:
Iwantyourmoney
When: 29 Dec 09 10:38
oh dear barra

You really have lost the debate (not that it should surprise anyone)

:( :(
By:
baracouda30
When: 29 Dec 09 10:39
So when are you going to protest at Germany and France for locking up white people who debate history?

If they are proven to be mentally ill, then I will join you on the next march. If they are just Nazis dressed as serious historians, I probably won't.
By:
Iwantyourmoney
When: 29 Dec 09 10:41
so as I thought, barra see nothing wrong in letting off a drug smuggler but has no problem in locking people up for debating history?

I see

:D :D

who mentioned race?
By:
HarryCrumb
When: 29 Dec 09 10:44
This all comes down to the fact that the British think they are better than anyone else and how dare johnny foreigner dare execute one of ours even if he is a drugs smuggler.
Having our PM risk a fall out with China by defending such a person is outrageous. Look he has been tried found guilty and now he has been suitably punished by their rules. His crime occurred in their country so its nothing to do with us how they choose to punish him.
Why do the people who automaticcally assume that all foreign trials are flawed or unfair never complain about the joke which the UK legal system is.
By:
baracouda30
When: 29 Dec 09 10:46
People are subject to the laws of the country in which they commit their crimes.

But if someone is mentally ill, be they a drug smuggler or a holocaust denier, I don't believe the same rules should apply. It's called making an exception.

Are you suggesting that the heroic holocaust deniers (David Irving who fabricated his bibliography for instance) are mentally ill?

If not, where is the parallel?
By:
baracouda30
When: 29 Dec 09 10:49
HarryCrumb

How many British people do you think in an average year get convicted abroad?

Must be hundreds mustn't it? How many make the news on any scale? Not many.

So the idea that every time a Briton is convicted by a foreign court we are all up in arms is patently not true.

Personally, I am surprised by the strength with which the lily-livered government have criticised China. Maybe they know that the execution was (shock horror) flawed?
By:
Iwantyourmoney
When: 29 Dec 09 10:52
Many believe holocaust deniers are mentally ill

Now lets see where barra stands.

Due you believe that he was mentally ill? where did you get this information from?

This alledged illness...is it not the same illness that Stephen Fry has?

Do you believe in the death penalty for drug smugglers?

Easy questions, should not take long to answer

;) ;)

Why did you start up the issue about race in this thread?
By:
ribber
When: 29 Dec 09 10:53
Master of Multys off the Thickie of the Year hook, the illiterate Griffin Jugender smashes the opposition into the long grass yet again.

Just to clarify, do all those excitedly touching themselves at the thought of someone being executed believe the punishment was justified even if that person was mentally ill?
By:
Big Charlie
When: 29 Dec 09 10:53
baracouda30 29 Dec 11:33
Funny how people like Iwantyourbraincell all of a sudden are convinced of the quality of the Chinese courts when a dark-skinned possible drug smuggler is on the wrong end of it.

I don't think it makes any difference to the chinese what colour his skin happened to be. He was caught smuggling 4kg of drugs. The penalty is death. PM Brown asked for clemency, which was denied, as the chinese said the convicted man had no previous record of mental illness.

I have no idea how they know that to be the case, but, given the fatc he had three children, and lived in the UK, if he was not all the ticket, why was he in China ? Was he on holiday with his family, was he on holiday alone, was he there in a work capacity?

It makes no difference to me.

He was a lowlife s(umbag drug smuggler and he paid the penalty as set out by the laws of that country.

I hope the Chinese, and every other country with a death penalty for it, catch a lot more of them, even more so if they are from the UK.

(This is where the luvvies post 'What if it was your daughter?'

Which is irrelevant.

I have a niece who got involved in the low life world of drugs when she was 16, mostly due to her 19 year old boyfriend. I told her what I thought of her actions. Her response was ' I can do what I like.' That was about 15 years ago, aNd despite the fact that she is clean now, I haven't spoken to her since.

She's lucky because my sister never told her ex-husband about it, he lives in Spain and had no idea. If he did, the nieces boyfriend would not be able to walk too well today, wherever he is.
Page 1 of 6  •  Previous 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com