Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Sherbert face
25 Dec 09 15:25
| Topic/replies: 125 | Blogger: Sherbert face's blog
Pause Switch to Standard View what Law would you introduce to the...
Show More
Report tonkability December 25, 2009 4:46 PM GMT
I would make it illegal to vote Tory.
Report Arsenal Oldie December 25, 2009 4:55 PM GMT
US style presidential system so that we are never again disgraced by being "led" by someone as pathetic and unelectable as Gordon Brown.
Report salmon spray December 25, 2009 9:56 PM GMT
Well actually that wouldn`t work. Assuming Brown was Blair`s Vice - Presidential running mate ( As he would have been ) he would have taken over under the American system.
Report Arsenal Oldie December 26, 2009 1:42 AM GMT
except that Blair would have actually had to be ill or something - not subject to a coup style con of the public (remember Labour told the UK that Blair would serve a full term)

and I doubt Brown would have been VP - he would have wanted to be Treasury secretary.
Report sibaroni December 26, 2009 1:44 AM GMT
Thatcher or Blair as "president". Enough to make your blood run cold. Terrible idea.
Report geordiemidland December 26, 2009 7:30 AM GMT
any m p fiddling anything jailed for five years
no if,s no buts they kid us on its all been clean up i m o the gavie train rolls on
Report gus December 26, 2009 10:58 AM GMT
Death penalty for sounding your vehicle's horn while the vehicle is stationary.
Report Arsenal Oldie December 26, 2009 10:58 AM GMT
sib - would prefer either as president to Brown as any type of leader..
Report subversion December 26, 2009 11:01 AM GMT
electric chair for dog fouling
Report wit-ham December 26, 2009 11:27 AM GMT
illegal to join a political partyf if you go to parliarment you are there to represent the people who put you there and not your own interests
Report Marxist-Leninist December 26, 2009 11:38 AM GMT
End to the civil list with immediate effect
Report master of multys December 26, 2009 11:47 AM GMT
legalize the action of anyone being able to defecate in a bnp members face
Report irchester December 26, 2009 11:50 AM GMT
people must take at least 30 minutes to drink a pint of alchohol
maximum 2 shots of spirits a night

this should cut fights in town by at least 10%
Report noddys ryde December 26, 2009 11:54 AM GMT
Get rid if the CAP and the HRA
Report Ivor December 26, 2009 12:28 PM GMT
As they did with the IRA - the labour party should be labelled a terrorist organisation and their voices muted - just for a decade or two.
Report sibaroni December 26, 2009 12:43 PM GMT
I would make a law that no laws are to be made in 2010, only laws repealed.
Report matt le tiss December 26, 2009 3:03 PM GMT
The right to defend your property with ultimate force .
Report wizardofoz December 26, 2009 3:05 PM GMT
Sibaroni is right on the button.

No more laws until some are repealed.
Report noddys ryde December 26, 2009 3:05 PM GMT
replace the human rights act with a human responsibilities act. Responsibiltoes to include-
bringing up kids
looking after old folks
making the family the primary support group not the state.
Report NOT TOO FAR December 26, 2009 4:20 PM GMT
ALL CHILDREN AGED BETWEEN 10 AND 18 CONVICTED OF A CRIME..
TO BE PLACED IN A BOOT CAMP OR NATIONAL SERVICE FOR 2 YEARS ON THEIR 18th Birthday...To be taught how to behave and respect ...With any luck ,on there release they might get home and knock their parents into shape as well.
Report dungbeetle December 26, 2009 4:25 PM GMT
hear hear to the last two posts
Report V4 Vendetta December 26, 2009 4:42 PM GMT
An "anti-trust" bill which makes illegal any action by the state which acts in its interests over the people's. Details would be subtle and it would need careful wording, but that would be number 1 for me.
Report subversion December 26, 2009 5:07 PM GMT
sibaronis idea of reducing the number of laws is the best so far
Report backtolay December 26, 2009 5:50 PM GMT
All bonus culture to be removed, not just bankers but car salesmen selling motors, PC World staff tring to stiff you with extended warranty etc. - all bonus cuture abolished for the sake of a better society, decent pay for decent work and nothing else. No more 'tell you anything' just to bump up my pay packet.
Report Prickard December 26, 2009 8:07 PM GMT
A reduction of the number of MPs to 400. The abolition of ministers of state (who get £41k on top of their MP's salary), parliamentary under secretaries of state (+£31k), parliamentary private secretaries (ministerial internships), chief whips (+£80k), deputy chief whips (+£41k), whips (+£27k) and all other apparatchiks. The proliferation of government positions has been unprecedented under New Labour and has created a culture of patronage under which MPs advance their "careers" not by demonstrating ability or the capacity for independent thought but by demonstrating nothing more than abject loyalty to those above them. It has resulted in the rise of the talentless and unprincipled to the highest offices in the land and of a political class which serves only itself. It must be reversed.
Report towers21. December 26, 2009 8:40 PM GMT
legalize cannabis ... probably all drugs

would save the economy
Report blackburn1 December 27, 2009 8:51 AM GMT
sib is spot on
Report Mister E December 27, 2009 9:53 AM GMT
words of wisdom for a sibaroni.

laws, laws and more laws.

We would be better served if p[arliament spent a year dredging through the welter of legislation they have already "passed", and repeal all the unnecessary, frivolous restrictions.
Report chopper9 December 27, 2009 10:25 AM GMT
Sib's point should be developed, no more lawsa until the current ones are properly enforced.
Report treetop December 27, 2009 11:57 AM GMT
Sib has very good point, a new law amnesty would be fascinating to see how existing enforcements worked to implement what is already there instead of bleating for more legislation.
Report Iwantyourmoney December 27, 2009 12:00 PM GMT
Not so much of a law change but a senetence change

Bring back the death penelty for treason.

The population will be reduced by quite a bit

Anyone voting labour convicted?

:) :)
Report sibaroni December 27, 2009 12:05 PM GMT
I am humbled! Seems I have had a a good idea. Seriously though, and I have said it on here before, if Cameron said this is the position the Tories would take in their first year, he'd hoover up votes.
Report noddys ryde December 27, 2009 1:28 PM GMT
two child policy.
Report steven34237 December 27, 2009 1:41 PM GMT
the public should be able to vote for local judges, like in the u.s.
Report sibaroni December 27, 2009 2:24 PM GMT
Christ, no.
Report macarony December 27, 2009 6:36 PM GMT
I would make it law that any government acted in the greater good of britain. simple
Report A.H HUNTER esq. December 27, 2009 6:39 PM GMT
Only tax paying contributors use the NHS for anything other than life saving operations.
Report dambuster December 27, 2009 6:43 PM GMT
Anybody moving to the uk from another country whatever their reason must pay tax and N.I. for 5 years before they can obtain any, benefits, free schooling, free NHS ,and Housing.
Report baracouda30 December 27, 2009 7:17 PM GMT
Anybody moving to the uk from another country whatever their reason must pay tax and N.I. for 5 years before they can obtain any, benefits, free schooling, free NHS ,and Housing.

As stupid suggestions go, that's a gold medallist.
Report A.H HUNTER esq. December 27, 2009 7:46 PM GMT
We aint got any gold left !!! .
Report El Bandido December 27, 2009 8:07 PM GMT
I'd ban Christmas.
Report Prickard December 27, 2009 9:38 PM GMT
baracouda30 27 Dec 20:17

As stupid suggestions go, that's a gold medallist.

Why is it stupid? It's not that dissimilar to the situation in America.
Report whodareswins December 27, 2009 10:07 PM GMT
but this is not USA. Kids should be able to go to school for free, and NHS should be free to everyone, except NHS tourists.
Public housing, welfare benefits etc. I can't see why you should not be expected to have paid taxes for a few years before you get access to these. Although you are already excluded from public housing if you do not qualify under asylum and immigration legislation, which means basically UK nationals and EU citizens can have public housing, but the rest can not.
Report salmon spray December 27, 2009 10:10 PM GMT
Except that EVERYBODY with the exception possibly of teetotal,non-smoking street sleepers pays tax.
Report whodareswins December 27, 2009 10:18 PM GMT
ss maybe I put it poorly. If you act on the responsibilities of being a citizen and have paid your dues for a few years you should be entitled to the benefits the state provides its own citizens. But if you evade paying your dues through any measure or fail to act on the responsibilities of being a citizen you lose the rights to those benefits.
Report Big Charlie December 27, 2009 11:01 PM GMT
Deport all immigrants in UK prisons leaving room for more indigenous to go in, instead of them getting an ASBO or Community Service.
Report Roman.Totale December 27, 2009 11:08 PM GMT
Kick or stamp on someone's head and it's attempted murder.
Report noddys ryde December 28, 2009 9:28 AM GMT
racial profiling is required.....those races most likely to commit crime should be those targeted by the police.
Report evski December 28, 2009 9:40 AM GMT
Legalise drugs. I think the government would be pleasantly surprised at the effect it would have on GDP and tax revenues.

If I couldn't do that I would introduce the death penalty for wearing tracksuit bottoms when not playing sport.
Report bongo December 29, 2009 9:46 PM GMT
Apply the sibaroni principle to the above - ie. repeal the laws that made drugs illegal in the first place.
Report bongo December 29, 2009 9:49 PM GMT
Also apply the sibaroni principle to charitable status for private schools and universities - ie. repeal the law that allows them to claim tax back on donations they receive.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com