Forums
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
These 51 comments are related to the topic:
what Law would you introduce to the United Kingdom in 2010

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 51
By:
A.H HUNTER esq.
When: 27 Dec 09 19:46
We aint got any gold left !!! .
By:
El Bandido
When: 27 Dec 09 20:07
I'd ban Christmas.
By:
Prickard
When: 27 Dec 09 21:38
baracouda30 27 Dec 20:17
Anybody moving to the uk from another country whatever their reason must pay tax and N.I. for 5 years before they can obtain any, benefits, free schooling, free NHS ,and Housing.

As stupid suggestions go, that's a gold medallist.

Why is it stupid? It's not that dissimilar to the situation in America.
By:
whodareswins
When: 27 Dec 09 22:07
but this is not USA. Kids should be able to go to school for free, and NHS should be free to everyone, except NHS tourists.
Public housing, welfare benefits etc. I can't see why you should not be expected to have paid taxes for a few years before you get access to these. Although you are already excluded from public housing if you do not qualify under asylum and immigration legislation, which means basically UK nationals and EU citizens can have public housing, but the rest can not.
By:
salmon spray
When: 27 Dec 09 22:10
Except that EVERYBODY with the exception possibly of teetotal,non-smoking street sleepers pays tax.
By:
whodareswins
When: 27 Dec 09 22:18
ss maybe I put it poorly. If you act on the responsibilities of being a citizen and have paid your dues for a few years you should be entitled to the benefits the state provides its own citizens. But if you evade paying your dues through any measure or fail to act on the responsibilities of being a citizen you lose the rights to those benefits.
By:
Big Charlie
When: 27 Dec 09 23:01
Deport all immigrants in UK prisons leaving room for more indigenous to go in, instead of them getting an ASBO or Community Service.
By:
Roman.Totale
When: 27 Dec 09 23:08
Kick or stamp on someone's head and it's attempted murder.
By:
noddys ryde
When: 28 Dec 09 09:28
racial profiling is required.....those races most likely to commit crime should be those targeted by the police.
By:
evski
When: 28 Dec 09 09:40
Legalise drugs. I think the government would be pleasantly surprised at the effect it would have on GDP and tax revenues.

If I couldn't do that I would introduce the death penalty for wearing tracksuit bottoms when not playing sport.
By:
bongo
When: 29 Dec 09 21:46
Apply the sibaroni principle to the above - ie. repeal the laws that made drugs illegal in the first place.
By:
bongo
When: 29 Dec 09 21:49
Also apply the sibaroni principle to charitable status for private schools and universities - ie. repeal the law that allows them to claim tax back on donations they receive.
Page 2 of 2  •  Previous | 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com