Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
V4 Vendetta
14 Dec 09 18:28
| Topic/replies: 11,712 | Blogger: V4 Vendetta's blog
If it's up to its usual accuracy, it's worth watching to see how bad it actually isn't....
Pause Switch to Standard View Postman prat - panorama
Show More
Report mightymoyes December 14, 2009 7:56 PM GMT
worth watching to see how dopey royal mail managers are.
Report postmanblod December 14, 2009 8:26 PM GMT
notice its the management are the prats seeking impossible targets for posties to deliver
Report V4 Vendetta December 14, 2009 9:18 PM GMT
It's not them posting it the wrong box though, is it? :)
Report Ronaldinho's dentist December 14, 2009 9:19 PM GMT
but you just know they would though dont you
Report Sharapour December 15, 2009 6:35 AM GMT
They had a bloke putting a leaflet through every door on a postman's round to see how long it would take..The bloke didn't make it in time, despite the fact that he didn't have to read addresses on the mail.
The postman has many more items of mail to deliver, often carrying a heavy pouch.
The faster a postman walks doesn't necessarily mean he can deliver it any more quickly.
If for example, an address has 10 or more items of mail, the postie can be at the next door, still going through the mail, before putting it through the letter box.
Time standing still is not taken into account by managers, and it all adds up when there are 600 or more points of delivery.
Management are setting unrealistic targets, and the sooner people realise that there's a hidden agenda the better.
Report blackburn1 December 15, 2009 7:35 AM GMT
The morons will be out of a job soon just like the morons at BA. They'll have a proper reason to moan when they realise their pensions have vanished into thin air at 3.5mph
Report Sharapour December 15, 2009 8:01 AM GMT
When that happens, there'll be even bigger morons delivering the mail, and everybody will wish that the service was like it used to be.
Report blackburn1 December 15, 2009 8:05 AM GMT
sharab, are you suggesting that putting a letter through a hole is difficult ffs. Just like the fools at BA the posties are signing their own death warrants
Report V4 Vendetta December 15, 2009 8:12 AM GMT
Sharapour 15 Dec 09:01

When that happens, there'll be even bigger morons delivering the mail, and everybody will wish that the service was like it used to be.

Where will they find those??
Report V4 Vendetta December 15, 2009 8:14 AM GMT
The only mitigation is the rules keeping the prices so low it encourages frivolous mail and helps create a lossmaker for the taxpayer. Why is DHL so much better? As usual, government is the problem.
Report paddockalert December 15, 2009 8:31 AM GMT
boring goring...dumdum blackburn,,,,sad sad sad little people with no ego
Report Sharapour December 15, 2009 8:36 AM GMT
I'm not saying it's difficult, but the job has always attracted a particular type of person i.e in the main, a responsible one.
Someone who took a certain pride in the job, hence all the checks and vetting in the past by Royal Mail.
Would the public want to entrust Special Delivery envelopes, that contain up to £2,500 to just anybody?
No of course not! The job has always attracted the decent hard-working family type. The job has always paid a bit more than the lowest wage for that very reason.
Royal Mail knew the type of person thay wanted and their procedures ensured that they got them.
People who joined stayed for the duration, but that will no longer be the case.
The service will only continue to deteriorate as more and more casual workers are employed.
Report Mister E December 15, 2009 10:26 AM GMT
blackburn 15 Dec 09:05

sharab, are you suggesting that putting a letter through a hole is difficult ffs

depends where the hole is blackburn. If it is in a rural outpost or Scottish island, you will get slaughtered post privatisation.

When I was in Spain I had to go to a local post office to pick mine up, sending mail to the UK was hopeless, stopped trying in the end.

The real prats are at the top running it on obsecne salaries, bigger prats are those who appointed them on Premiership style wages.
Report V4 Vendetta December 15, 2009 11:33 AM GMT
Sharapour 15 Dec 09:36

I'm not saying it's difficult, but the job has always attracted a particular type of person i.e in the main, a responsible one.
Someone who took a certain pride in the job, hence all the checks and vetting in the past by Royal Mail.

Yes, I remember that.
Report blackburn1 December 15, 2009 11:52 AM GMT
The real prats are at the top running it on obsecne salaries,

Undoubtedly true Mr E, Crozier must be one of the luckiest men alive. But the postal workers and BA have to accept that we are in such a difficult situation they are making things worse for themselves.
Report Cubanpete December 15, 2009 3:12 PM GMT
If those useless barstewards like Crozier can't sail the ship right they should be made to walk the plank and drown ( I would personally put on a diving suit with a harpoon to make sure the fecker dies aswell). I'm sure Royal Mail would run better with no-one in charge.
Report blackburn1 December 15, 2009 3:22 PM GMT
cuban are you a postie?

If so you ought to be very worried about your pension
Report Dr J December 15, 2009 3:24 PM GMT
Do the posters who believe that the private sector could run the Royal Mail better have no memory of the myriad ways in which the privatisation of public services has caused chaos and massive expense in the last 25 years?
Report HarryCrumb December 15, 2009 3:25 PM GMT
You would think that the pension issue would be by far the most important yet in both BA and the Royal Mail the workforce seem hellbent on taking action that will ensure they will get nothing.
Report Cubanpete December 15, 2009 3:32 PM GMT
blackburn, I am a postie and have decided to drink, smoke and gamble more than ever. Either I will win enough money to support me when I retire, or I will die before I get there. Not relying on the company pension, that's for sure.
Report blackburn1 December 15, 2009 3:33 PM GMT
I have no idea whether the private sector would do better but as Harry points out these people are crazy. These ponzi/pension schemes make Madoff and Stanford look like Mother Theresa.

And it wont stop with them - teachers, nurses, police, council staff, the sums involved have spiralled out of control.

Good for you pete, theres no guarantee you'll get your money.
Report mightymoyes December 15, 2009 7:56 PM GMT
harry why should the pension issue be most important when the current conditions and management are making their working lives a misery now?
Report V4 Vendetta December 23, 2009 9:57 AM GMT
paddockalert 15 Dec 09:31

boring goring...dumdum blackburn,,,,sad sad sad little people with no ego

and more importantly, no post.
Report overboard December 23, 2009 1:09 PM GMT
Just like to put a good word in for our postie and parcel force.
Both managed to negotiate our lane ( which is an ice rink) to bring us our post and some parcels today.
Stout fellows to a man up here in Norfolk.
Report blue-jambo December 23, 2009 8:55 PM GMT
Royal Mail and Parcel Force delivered yesterday.

City Link did not.
Report Iwantyourmoney December 28, 2009 3:00 PM GMT
Royal Mail workers angry after vegetarian option contained meat

MUSLIM Royal Mail workers blasted the company for including pork in its seemingly meat-free Christmas lunch options.

Staff at Birminghams Aston sorting office were treated to a festive buffet for their efforts throughout the year.

But the gesture backfired when Muslim workers realised the scotch eggs contained pork.

The party food favourite was one of the options available to vegetarians and those from religious backgrounds who were unable to eat meat.

This included around 15 Muslims who were invited to the festive buffet.

One worker said both he and his colleagues were
Report noddys ryde December 28, 2009 3:45 PM GMT
next year give em nuffin.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com