Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Shab
24 Dec 09 17:37
| Topic/replies: 2,632 | Blogger: Shab's blog
This part of the Human Rights Act is again under scrutiny following the Iraqi asylum seeker who got 4 months for killing a child driving whilst already disqualified.

He now can't be deported because of his right to a family life.

So, when he was in prison, I assume he had no family life, yet his rights were not infringed. Why not? He has a right to a family life - surely?

If he had no rights to a family life while in prison, why not extend the law to include the time when he gets out? How is that different?

Also, if he wants a family life, let him have one. In Iraq.
Pause Switch to Standard View The right to a family life
Show More
Report Veck December 24, 2009 6:40 PM GMT
You've been on here since March '05! Haven't you learned anything? Where are the people who're gonna change things?
Report noddys ryde December 24, 2009 6:41 PM GMT
I'm sure he will prove a model fsather and breed perfect kids.
Report V4 Vendetta December 24, 2009 6:44 PM GMT
The child shouldn't have been driving or disqualified.
Report stevies5_mufc December 24, 2009 9:33 PM GMT
its a digrace imo, the government seems so messed up, if any of us had killed that child while driving when disqualified how long would we have got? years at least.. he gets 4 months and stays in the uk, dont need people like that here imo
Report pug munter December 24, 2009 9:37 PM GMT
Blood on Mr and Mrs Blair's hands (again) for signing up to the Human Rights Act.
Report baracouda30 December 24, 2009 9:53 PM GMT
Certainly should be banged up for a long time and then deported.

HOWEVER

Are we sure it is the HRA that is to blame here?

I'd wager that if the truth ever comes out, it isn't at all. The campaigners against the HRA are the type of people who spread their muck far and wide in the knowledge that some will stick. Their aim (I'm sure) is to foster in people a disdain for 'human rights' in the same way that they try to make 'liberal' something to be sneered at.
Report pug munter December 24, 2009 10:03 PM GMT
Bara
In a free country such as ours we all deserve "human rights".. freedom of speech, freedom of movement etc, and that applies to those who choose to come here for a better life, but even Labour ministers are now accepting that signing up to the HRA was mistake and pretty much a "criminals charter" which has led to such ridiculous situations such as this..
Report sap December 24, 2009 10:28 PM GMT
Agree with Bara, it wasn't the The Human Rights Act that passed a custodial sentence of only four months to someone for killing a child.
Report pug munter December 24, 2009 10:41 PM GMT
sap,I agree the sentence was a complete joke and that has nothing to do with the hra, but the fact that he could challenge (and win) his deportation is partially due to the hra.
Report Prickard December 25, 2009 7:19 AM GMT
Also, if he wants a family life, let him have one. In Iraq.

Yes, I hear Baghdad is a great place to raise children now, after the good works we did there.
Report Big Charlie December 25, 2009 9:43 AM GMT
Jack Straw is appealing against the sentence.

The same Jack Straw who brought home a nigerian slapper with a british passport sentenced to death in Laos for drug smuggling.

Being a woman, and treated differently to men, she got pregnant to dodge the death penalty. She wil serbve amtter of months over here, then be released..1.01

Unlike the British male (wouldn't think he's white going by his surname) who is to be executed in China on the 29th, for drug smuggling. He can't get pregnant so he's going to die.
Report potlis December 25, 2009 11:19 AM GMT
Yep, this Guy would probably be a model citizen back in his own Country now if only we had not invaded his homeland, the fact that tens of thousands of his fellow countrymen were arriving here illegally before then should be ignored.
Apparently its all George Bushs fault that this no good piece of $hit left a little girl dying under his car while he had it on his toes, oh and the only reason thousands of others just like him are still walking our streets after their crimes, and not back home living a "family life", is because we bombed all their countries too.
Nothing to do with the HRA my ar$e.
Report subversion December 26, 2009 4:58 AM GMT
Big Charlie 25 Dec 10:43
Unlike the British male (wouldn't think he's white going by his surname) who is to be executed in China on the 29th, for drug smuggling. He can't get pregnant so he's going to die.

well, theres also the issue that Laos is just a little bit easier to coerce and bully than China

the days when we had the military, economic, or even moral authority to try to push China around are long, long gone... the shoe is busy being placed on the other foot as we speak
Report Augustine December 26, 2009 11:14 AM GMT
He didn't get four months for killing a child. He got it for driving while disqualified and failing to stop after an accident.
Report bobby2424 December 26, 2009 11:23 AM GMT
Augustine puts things in perspective at last. ;)
Report Shab December 27, 2009 10:13 AM GMT
Augustine 26 Dec 12:14
He didn't get four months for killing a child. He got it for driving while disqualified and failing to stop after an accident.

Correct. However, if our hospitality had been removed after the incident leading to his initial disqualification, no child would have died.
Report Wedged December 27, 2009 11:07 AM GMT
Augustine 26 Dec 12:14

So how long did he get for killing the child?
Report Prickard December 27, 2009 11:23 AM GMT
Wedged 27 Dec 12:07
So how long did he get for killing the child?

Nothing. The child walked into the path of his car.

Furthermore, reports that use phrases such as "hit and run" and "left to die" ignore the fact that he fled the scene some time after the emergency services had arrived.

Source: http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/uk/crime/article6966402.ece
Report Iwantyourmoney December 27, 2009 11:50 AM GMT
so he did not ran off and gave himself up?

Thinking of the child before his own rear end?

Luvvies are stupid as...

:( :(
Report Iwantyourmoney December 27, 2009 11:51 AM GMT
I wonder if this child's family will be 'celebrating diversity' now?

:( :(
Report baracouda30 December 27, 2009 4:10 PM GMT
Your confusing asylum with immigration and race.

Still, you wouldn't be the forum t w a t if you knew the difference.
Report Iwantyourmoney December 27, 2009 4:12 PM GMT
looks like someone has posted on the wrong thread

:D :D
Report chop180 December 27, 2009 4:47 PM GMT
Aha, I see IWYM is still trying to prove a convincing case that he / she has the IQ of half a boiled potato :D
Report Iwantyourmoney December 27, 2009 4:51 PM GMT
here is me thinking luvvies do not like to mention IQ scores

:D :D
Report monmore man December 27, 2009 5:17 PM GMT
Had he been at fault for the child's death, lets say been speeding whilst drunk, the prison sentence would certainly have still been a joke.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com