Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
HarryCrumb
27 Dec 09 09:17
| Topic/replies: 1,349 | Blogger: HarryCrumb's blog
Economists are warning today that any increase in Labour support is likely to frighten the markets and lead to a large sell off in sterling. The markets have been calm recently due to the fact that they were confident Cameron would win comfortably and implement sensible cuts to stave off a debt crisis and fiscal collapse.
Brown now faces the risk that in the coming election campaign he will be exposed to even the dumbest voters as a madman leading us to ruin if the markets take fright due to the chance of him winning.
After all IMF intervention in the middle of an election campaign wouldnt be great for the Govt would it.
Pause Switch to Standard View Brown Bounce in Polls To Trigger...
Show More
Report Reyes December 27, 2009 10:21 AM GMT
dont under estimate the stupidity of the dumb downed buffoons
Report Mister E December 27, 2009 10:27 AM GMT
dont under estimate the stupidity of the dumb downed buffoons

I dont think our economists are that bad.
Surely they realise that if re-elected, Gordie's "We can borrow and spend our way out of debt" policy will be scrapped and reality will kick in.
Report sibaroni December 27, 2009 10:41 AM GMT
The one thing the market is afraid of is a hung parliament.
Report treetop December 27, 2009 12:01 PM GMT
A truly dangerous assumption Mister E !! Brown will only change tack if he is forced to by an outside force,eg IMF so that his legacy will be protected among the great unthinking.
Report sfc1976 December 27, 2009 12:02 PM GMT
I remember when Brown said that a weak currency was the sign of a weak government.....
Report NEARCTIC December 27, 2009 12:03 PM GMT
cameron knows all about currencies lol

special adviser to norman lamont during the erm fiasco, maybe that is what the markets are worried about
Report treetop December 27, 2009 12:05 PM GMT
The economists do say otherwise neartic. it isclealry Brown and his denial tendencies that worry them.
Report HarryCrumb December 27, 2009 12:06 PM GMT
Nearctic is completely clueless and sadly there are plenty like him.
Report sfc1976 December 27, 2009 12:19 PM GMT
The Labour party dont like being reminded that they fully supported us joining the ERM. Indeed, rather than learn from it they, last i heard anyway, want to join the Euro. The Euro is of course the ERM without the get out clause. Funny old world. Especially when you consider that the 1983 Labour manifesto included a recommendation for our withdrawal from the then ECC.
Report Larry's Codpiece. December 27, 2009 1:20 PM GMT
Nearctic and some of the other usual suspects must have trotted that line out about Cameron on hundreds of occasions. Such is their moral cowardice that each time their comment has been met with the response about Labour's own policy on the issue they have disappeared only to pop up with the same comment down the line.

I wonder if this time will be any different?
Report tonkability December 27, 2009 1:24 PM GMT
Neartic why do u bother debating anything, with this bunch of Tory A swipes.
Report tonkability December 27, 2009 1:25 PM GMT
Oh and i forgot 1 Wishy washy Lib Dumb .lol
Report subversion December 27, 2009 2:05 PM GMT
the currency crashed more under Brown than it did under the Tories

sorry to have to point that out to the dumb lefties on here
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com