Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Bouncebackz
22 Dec 09 19:00
| Topic/replies: 1,373 | Blogger: Bouncebackz's blog
For me the warning signs have been long coming especially with commodities such as gold hitting all time highs in the last 3 months.
All european countries bar GB are refusing dollars in stores, plus Arab oil barrons are swiftly moving towards a deal to ensure oil is no longer traded in dollars ---- http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/06/arab-states-have-launched_n_310826.html
All of which is/will be detrimental to the us dollar and have huge ramifications upon the pound

Few questions

1. Are you holding onto "worthless paper" i.e dollars, pounds... Why, do you believe a turn around is on the cards?
Fiat currencies ---- http://www.kwaves.com/fiat.htm

2. If you are investing, what in? Gold silver other precious metals... Oil, property land?
Pause Switch to Standard View How are you protecting the wealth of...
Show More
Report M@C December 23, 2009 12:33 AM GMT
1. Hard work earns wealth
2. Own your own property, when paid for, Happy days ;-)

The dole scroungers have it there way whilst they can claim for there 12 kids etc, but once the kids leave home, mommy dole and daddy dole get older and aint got a bean, and rightly so, FCUK UM, they reap what they sow.
Report thankyoumugs December 23, 2009 1:37 AM GMT
dole couple who have 12 kids, thats 12 people paying tax when they get jobs., will be paying your pension when you get old with the tax there paying.
Report subversion December 23, 2009 1:39 AM GMT
or more likely 12 extra benefit scroungers if they followed their parents example

and 12 extra people to add to the worlds overpopulation problem, too
Report V4 Vendetta December 23, 2009 6:40 AM GMT
I have been long Gold and since 2005 and held TIPS and 90-day rolling Bills in three currencies since Aug 2007.
Report noddys ryde December 23, 2009 9:40 AM GMT
..............by not votng labour and hoping the Tories honour thier inheritance tax committment in time.
Report alfie255 December 23, 2009 10:07 AM GMT
Building an underground fortress and stocking up on tin food, natch.
Report gus December 23, 2009 10:41 AM GMT
by backing Denman for the Gold Cup.
Report blackburn1 December 23, 2009 10:41 AM GMT
I'm with gus

God I'm having a bad day
Report master of multys December 23, 2009 10:48 AM GMT
subversion 23 Dec 02:39
and 12 extra people to add to the worlds overpopulation problem, too

.... says the chinaman
Report Larry's Codpiece. December 23, 2009 10:53 AM GMT
I wouldn't back Denman till I saw the ground conditions on the day.

Some gold, fixed rate bonds and shortly looking to get a little place in the sun.
Report Doob December 23, 2009 10:56 AM GMT
Gold is nonsense, supply and demand. If the rich lose a fortune from this recession who will want it? Nothing you can do accept own a house with at least 50% equity because banks can legally ask for their loan back whenever they want.
Report Larry's Codpiece. December 23, 2009 11:01 AM GMT
Doob

Same type of people who have wanted it throughout history. Currencies come and go. Gold is as permanent as it gets.
Report Mydogsgotnonose December 23, 2009 11:23 AM GMT
Gold is a currency and can not be printed
Report Iwantyourmoney December 23, 2009 12:10 PM GMT
gold is a waste of cash

It has very little use.

So when the sh** really hits the fan what would you prefer to own?

A tone of steel or a ton of useless gold?

:0 :0
Report alfie255 December 23, 2009 12:11 PM GMT
Tonne of gold, i reckon.
Report Iwantyourmoney December 23, 2009 12:33 PM GMT
Always thought luvvies like the useless things in life

;) ;)
Report overboard December 23, 2009 1:11 PM GMT
Giving money away to kids to help them get houses and then hoping to live for 7 years so as to avoid any IHT clawbacks.
Report madasahatter December 23, 2009 1:59 PM GMT
Giving money away to kids to help them get houses and then hoping to live for 7 years so as to avoid any IHT clawbacks.

........... I hope you've enough left over to fund potential care home fees, should you or your wife have the misfortune to be admitted into one. As the law stands, local authorities can investigate your finances and claw back 'gifts' outside the IHT limits to fund care home costs. They're is no 7 year cut off period.
Report Prickard December 23, 2009 2:07 PM GMT
Silver. Decorative and industrially useful, so it holds value whichever way the global economy goes.
Report 1st time poster December 23, 2009 3:33 PM GMT
a long time ago the wifes parents signed the house over to her and pay her a nominal rent a pound,i was thinking of charging them 600 quid from now on but the wife says your wasting your time havnt even been paying the quid,cheeky gets u cant trust anyone these days ! !
Report backtolay December 23, 2009 5:02 PM GMT
These 'Cash For Gold' type companies have sprung up because the money men know that when the next paper money disaster happens, (and it will happen) that the gold will be a dependable asset.
Cash for silver won't be far away either.
Report Prickard December 24, 2009 1:01 AM GMT
1st time poster 23 Dec 16:33
a long time ago the wifes parents signed the house over to her and pay her a nominal rent a pound
I don't know if you have taken professional advice on this and I am certainly not offering it, but my understanding is that under the Finance Act 2004 your wife may be liable to pay income tax on the annual market rental value of the transferred property (known in the Act as a "pre-owned asset".) There are further details below and it may be worth seeking professional advice if you have not already done so.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/poa/
Report V4 Vendetta December 24, 2009 5:56 AM GMT
I've made a not of the people who think Gold is a waste of time. You are filed along with Gordon now. Thanks.
Report potlis December 24, 2009 12:08 PM GMT
Gold is nonsense

He,he,he
Yep, stick with that folding stuff you have in your wallet, who knows, those printing it may one day run out of trees.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com