Forums
Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Dr J
22 Dec 09 15:07
| Topic/replies: 2,508 | Blogger: Dr J's blog
I know Pangloss has already got his claws into this interview, but does anyone else find Blair's comparison below to be completely delusional?

Since leaving office in 2007, Blair has been criticised for netting deals advising banks, companies and Arab governments as well as large sums for speeches .... "I got out of politics early enough to have a second act in life. Why shouldn't a politician be able to do that? Others do. Nobody says Bill Gates is bad for moving from business to philanthropy. Why shouldn't a politician do a business model when they change their life?"

I mean, come off it Tony. What you're doing is the polar opposite of what Bill Gates does. He's helping the poor to develop; you're helping yourself to get rich. As spins go, this one's a bit on the ambitious side, even for you...
Pause Switch to Standard View Blair on Blair
Show More
Report overboard December 22, 2009 4:10 PM GMT
'kin Hell!

I agree with the Good Doctor.

Must be something in the seasonal air.
Report Ivor December 22, 2009 4:14 PM GMT
It must be the season of goodwill - Dr.J got something correct!!
Report Dr J December 22, 2009 4:17 PM GMT
:)
Report MRGRUMPY1 December 22, 2009 4:18 PM GMT
Why shouldn't a politician do a business model when they change their life?"

Does he realise what garbage comes out of his mouth?
Report Prickard December 22, 2009 4:19 PM GMT
I can't fathom why businesses pay this man. More fool them.
Report Reyes December 22, 2009 4:49 PM GMT
he's being delusional for 20 years, no change there then.
Report Pangloss December 22, 2009 5:36 PM GMT
Dr J and I in complete agreement - must be Christmas!
Report salmon spray December 22, 2009 5:52 PM GMT
I suspect the forum is united on this one.
The man is a ****
Begins with c.
Report the loser December 22, 2009 6:28 PM GMT
I am generally in favour of anyone getting rich but not in this instance. Blair is a loathsome fairy maggot.
Report treetop December 22, 2009 7:14 PM GMT
Hail Dr J, a sinner that repents is all we need. Blair fooled many of us,myself included but it will probably be the labour party that suffers long term rather than him.
Report mightymoyes December 22, 2009 7:18 PM GMT
does anyone in the world like blair?
Report bazzar December 22, 2009 8:01 PM GMT
Tony booth's daughter likes Blair, but then she is VERY ugly.
Report tonkability December 22, 2009 8:07 PM GMT
And Bazzars got a face like a smacked t wat !
Report subversion December 22, 2009 9:18 PM GMT
well, Microsofts strategy has hardly been squeaky clean (the have had such a hard time with antitrust suits for a reason - some of their competitive practices have been appalling, and have done a lot of damage to the technology industry)

but yes, the comparison with Bill Gates is absurd

i remember somebody once asking Bill Gates why Microsoft kept such a large cash pile compared to their competitors, rather than re-investing it, paying dividends, etc...

... and Bill Gates' answer was - when he started the company, he was employing friends, old colleagues, etc... he had convinced them to risk their careers and livelihoods to join Microsoft, so he wanted to be absolutely certain that, if Microsoft hit trouble, he always had enough spare cash to honour their employment contracts for at least a couple of years

and even as the company grew and grew, he never stopped worrying about securing his employees future if things went bad

some of Bill Gates' execs were pretty dodgy characters, but Gates himself has always seemed a decent guy
Report Iwantyourmoney December 23, 2009 5:22 AM GMT
At least some of us were not taken in by Labour's spin

One day the starter of this thread will apologise for being a numpty and supporting backward luvvie parties.

) ;)
Report blackburn1 December 23, 2009 8:34 AM GMT
I came in this morning a bit hungover and looking for a row and Dr J has posted something sensible for once.

Bah humbug
Report Larry's Codpiece. December 23, 2009 9:38 AM GMT
There you have it chaps. One person still loves Blair and is even prepared to have a go at a fellow leftie who criticises Saint Tony.

Step forward Tonks and take your moment in the spotlight.
Report Mister E December 23, 2009 9:26 PM GMT
Deluded hypocrite.

Tony that is.

The Americans have yet to see through the bull, evrybody in the UK has (except Tonk).
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com