Forums

North American

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Onionss
03 Feb 10 22:51
| Topic/replies: 13,050 | Blogger: Onionss's blog
BASEBALL is nearly back with us.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 65
By:
Mr Lizard
When: 03 Feb 10 22:59
actually feels like the off season has flown this time!
By:
Onionss
When: 03 Feb 10 23:01
Yeah been pretty quick to be fair. Might slow down a bit after Sunday when NFL is finished, but its not log away at all now.

Last season was the first time I really got into it, used to watch the odd game on channel 5, but once I got that mlb package I loved it.
By:
Lifetaker
When: 03 Feb 10 23:33
Loved playing as a Kid, I was one of the Very lucky - one's Got to play for about 1/2 a day everyday @ school. Only thing was baseball wasn't big in Aus. in those day's
only watched about 2 or 3 game's since the intro of Aliminume bats. ( Yes I can't spell )

now to my main point, What's it like trying to make a Dollar $$,$$$ or 2 Definatelly Not into NBL.
By:
Fenway
When: 04 Feb 10 13:50
Pitchers and catchers report in about a fortnight. First Spring Training games in less than a month.
By:
Ross8481
When: 04 Feb 10 16:41
Come on A's :D
By:
Fenway
When: 08 Feb 10 18:21
Have those awful gatecrashers gone now?
By:
Onionss
When: 08 Feb 10 19:48
Thankfully so.

Anyone backed anything this early?
By:
tai671
When: 09 Feb 10 16:30
I've retired from baseball betting as it's too much hard work, but I think that the Marlins will give anyone a run for their money at fairly big odds this year.
By:
Lifetaker
When: 09 Feb 10 23:21
tai671 10 Feb 05:00
I've retired from baseball betting as it's too much hard work,
Thank's, tai671. that's been my Oppion from years back, Too Easy for a " Avelanch " taking All one's money.

But Best of Luck to Those with the Courage.
By:
Fru T Bun
When: 10 Feb 10 03:40
I'm going to New York for my 40th birthday in June during the subway series - what do you guys think the chances are of getting 4 tickets for any night of the series?

Can't wait to fulifll a lifelong ambition of seeing the Yanks live!!
By:
Fru T Bun
When: 27 Feb 10 17:47
thanks mate - much appreciated
By:
NBK
When: 02 Mar 10 10:14
Hi onionss and the rest of the baseball crew - long time no speak

Probably should go and get some calm pills from the quacks before the season starts

NYY - V - Red Sox on night 2 looks tasty

Go Rangers - speak soon
By:
tai671
When: 06 Mar 10 22:16
29 days and 50 minutes to go now.

You're nuts betting on spring training though. You'd have to use bookmakers probably as there is never much money on those games here unless they're televised. I think 2430 regular season games plus the playoffs is more than enough without getting started early. ;)
By:
NBK
When: 08 Mar 10 12:23
tbh tai I just looked at the schedule and thought NYY - v Bos was a game proper - my mistake - I'll get my coat
By:
grahamwestleyisthemessiah
When: 08 Mar 10 12:38
Blue S quare will stand you a good bet on spring training games. I had 500 notes on 2 spring games last season, no probs. One won, one lost
By:
tai671
When: 08 Mar 10 20:41
They might not be so eager to lay you a bet if you've taken a few pounds from them in the past.

Not to worry NBK, I guess you mustn't have been paying much attention to MLB lately then? :^0 There are just so many uncertain factors in these games you really are just guessing. I suppose if you can work out which pitchers are going to pitch, and at this point it's normally only a couple of innings each, you can find an edge. At the end of the day though, no one is really that bothered if they win or lose, so not the best betting proposition.
By:
alfie bhoy
When: 08 Mar 10 20:58
Hold back the abuse guys but i've watched very little to no baseball and was wondering is it worth getting into? I'm not a cricket fan,enjoy 20/20 but that is all, due to the slow nature of the game (best comparison i could find in euro sports lol). Is the game easy to pick up?

Any polite reply's welcome.
By:
SwindonBoy
When: 08 Mar 10 21:08
seems to be something people either love or hate so you will have to watch it and decide, takes a fair while to learn what's going on I found, remember the first games I saw i thought wtf is this? but once see a few more and get to know the rules, players etc. i loved it..
By:
alfie bhoy
When: 08 Mar 10 21:17
Sound like how i felt watching my first few NFL games, now I love it and everything about it. May give it a shot, mate was saying he thinks the Marlins would be a good outside bet for this year, thoughts?
By:
tai671
When: 08 Mar 10 21:42
I said the same at the top of the thread.
By:
rink rat
When: 09 Mar 10 02:55
tai671 09 Feb 11:30

I've retired from baseball betting as it's too much hard work, but I think that the Marlins will give anyone a run for their money at fairly big odds this year.

Was at that place once, is only too much work when you aint making $$$$$$$$$$$.
By:
tai671
When: 09 Mar 10 17:38
An element of truth there rink rat, 2009 was less successful than 2006-2008 for me, but that was largely because I could no longer be bothered to put the required effort in. If you're staying up till 6am pretty much every night from April-September/October, you're not seeing much daylight over the course of the year! There are other sports where I can win with much less effort so I'm concentrating on those, plus other interests outside betting. No doubt I'll dabble during the course of the season, but possibly in running rather than my usual before the off - you can get better value bets without having to do the same amount of research. Although the lack of liquidity makes trying to bet in running on MLB a waste of time mostly.

As was mentioned, I do think the Marlins have a lot of players with a high potential upside - if it all comes together they could go close in the NL, although they are in probably the toughest division.
By:
NBK
When: 09 Mar 10 19:35
No worries tai I was half asleep when I looked at the schedule.

Alfhie boy as previous poster states you either love it or hate it (like marmite).
I love test cricket but dislike 20/20, baseball is a very complex game

Some of my favourite games from last year were when the bum teams were playing - One I remember with great fondness was Washington -v- Philly (probably) totally topsy turvy game and I had no money down.

But other great games are pitcher - v pitcher which are just as good.

Baseball is a top game that gets better the more you watch
By:
Fru T Bun
When: 10 Mar 10 07:59
Agree also that you either love or hate - however i too took a while to get into it but if you stick with baseball - its an easy game to fall in love with.
By:
Onionss
When: 10 Mar 10 22:46
Hey NBK, how you been not seen you around in ages. You only follow baseball I guess?

Not long now guys, I simply cannot **ing wait now.

25 days, 17 minutes.....
By:
rink rat
When: 11 Mar 10 18:42
tai671 09 Mar 12:38

An element of truth there rink rat, 2009 was less successful than 2006-2008 for me, but that was largely because I could no longer be bothered to put the required effort in. If you're staying up till 6am pretty much every night from April-September/October, you're not seeing much daylight over the course of the year! There are other sports where I can win with much less effort so I'm concentrating on those, plus other interests outside betting.

No offence Tai, I used to travel to the U.S. to play the horse racing on totes. By the end it was a grind for me as I was barely matching expenses. Other options were available for me too. (Betfair) Good luck in however you choose to go.
By:
tai671
When: 13 Mar 10 11:50
Oh yeah no offense taken rink rat. I know people on here can be very easily offended but I'm not one of them (usually). :D I enjoy baseball, and have had 3-4 years of pleasing profits from it, but I've found ways to make the same money for 10-20% of the work. The all night sessions every day over the summer were killing me, just don't need to do that any more.

Still looking foward to the season, but more from an occasional watching point of view than for betting on every game.
By:
SwindonBoy
When: 22 Mar 10 06:48
yankees/phillies live on espn america this evening, get a market up betfair pls :)
By:
NBK
When: 22 Mar 10 12:54
Hiya Swindon - long time no speak, good spot.

Nice start time as well
By:
dan33
When: 22 Mar 10 12:59
I've just e-mailed Betfair about this, hopefully they'll put up a market.
By:
curlywurly
When: 22 Mar 10 13:04
I've phoned as well, I can't see the harm in putting it up
I know it's only meaningless, but there's sod all else on
By:
SwindonBoy
When: 22 Mar 10 15:05
nowt yet, ill ring
By:
dan33
When: 22 Mar 10 15:33
They're obviously not bothered, bit annoying. I see no reason why they couldn't put the market up. Stick it on as Action if they don't know the pitchers.
By:
SwindonBoy
When: 22 Mar 10 15:54
dissapointing
By:
NBK
When: 22 Mar 10 16:00
tres disappointing
By:
SwindonBoy
When: 22 Mar 10 16:01
yankees blown a big lead v the astro's the other day, think these could be trading dreams :(
By:
dan33
When: 22 Mar 10 16:03
If they put a market up I'd run it to c. 110% in play, no probs. They've just e-mailed to say they're not bothering though, their loss.
By:
SwindonBoy
When: 22 Mar 10 16:05
very strange business decision, espn america is all over the world, yankees too, i think there'd be good money matched
By:
SwindonBoy
When: 22 Mar 10 16:11
yankees lead already
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo