Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Virgin
02 Jun 15 11:02
| Topic/replies: 86,317 | Blogger: Virgin's blog
Storms hit TT but hopefully all OK

Good Luck campers riders and racers Love

http://www.manxradio.com/radioplayer/am/
Show More
Report David Fishwick Minibus Sales June 3, 2015 11:08 PM BST
not a good day today Sad
Report scarecrow June 4, 2015 5:05 PM BST
i am glad there was no markets on here to lay as i planned to lay michael dunlop in the superbike and senior races,i thought he was a bad favorite on the new under developed yamahas,that have not reached their true potential yet.but i see he has walked out on the team and is now going to ride last years bmw that won for him,which must be more competitive imho for him.
Report Zazu June 4, 2015 6:21 PM BST
Unbelievable switching teams in TT week

Yamaha may have not kept promises or something but  leaving a project now is disgraceful imo
Hope he wins nothing this week
Report scarecrow June 4, 2015 8:19 PM BST
nah zazu i believe he felt they could not get the bike competitive.the yamaha is a new model this year and not realy had any small faults ironed out yet,because its so new to the tracks.he has certainly burned his bridges with yamaha thats for sure,no chance now he will get to partner jorge when valentino retires Laugh
Report Virgin June 4, 2015 9:39 PM BST
Sad RIP Franck Petricola

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/motorsport/33001908
Report Virgin June 4, 2015 9:41 PM BST
As for Michael Dunlop dumping Yamaha I say fair enough - he knows the score and to go for a different bike as late in the week as he has shows how unsuitable he feels the Yamaha is ...

Scarecow That market would have been volatile Laugh
Report Zazu June 5, 2015 4:40 AM BST
Rossi sat on a useless Ducati for 2 years.

Dunlops taken the ride from someone else, I'm a firm believer team/riders and contracts are a 2 way street
Report Virgin June 5, 2015 10:02 AM BST
I don't think he's taken anyone's ride ....the bike wasn't even due to race @ the TT ...seems to me he knows the Yamaha isn't going to be ready so he might as well take a chance on last years winning team Confused
Report scarecrow June 5, 2015 12:18 PM BST
yeah the superbike was still in the uk zazu,i think they where doing tests for bsb on it at snetterton.i believe the bmw stocker he is going to ride is his own bike.but for the future he has definetly shot himself in the foot by doing this,japanese culture goes big on respect,loyalty so it will work both ways.the yamaha may well be the best bike next year once josh brookes has done a full season on it in bsb,the bmw may well not be the package to be on then,in other words he is maybe being short sighted,as he is still a young man and should not be burning his bridges at his age.i see all the prices have gone on hutchy for the big bike races,8/1 at the start of the week looked big after his rides at the north west,also we all know the kwaka is the right package at wsb and bsb at the moment,and paul birds outfit always turn out competitive machinery.
Report Zazu June 5, 2015 1:04 PM BST
I meant he'd taken the yamaha opportunity from someone else

I like the look of Cummins at a double digit price but 5 or 6 riders could win.

I wouldn't read much into the nw200 form. Think it translates to the TT less than ever.

Dunlop will take some stopping now though. His wins last year were really easy with slow pits and measured laps
Report Virgin June 5, 2015 1:14 PM BST
I'm rooting for Guy Martin Love love to see him finally win one ....any one will do just win it on merit ... Excited

Hopefully he wont be 2nd to Michael Dunlop given my opinion above Crazy
Report Virgin June 5, 2015 1:21 PM BST
http://www.iomtt.com/~/media/Files/2015/Qualifying/Thurs04/Fast%20to%20date%20Superbike.pdf
Report Zazu June 6, 2015 6:43 AM BST
Superbikes go tomorrow now

Guy Martins stats are unbelievable. His fast lap history and fast race history is up amongst all the riders who have won loads of TT's
Report scarecrow June 6, 2015 9:37 AM BST
yeah he has always been a bit unlucky,always seeming to find one to good on the big bikes,or breaking down when he looked like winning on a couple of occasions.if he cannot win on the packages he has this year,he never will imho,having the works bmw big bike for tyco,and the smiths triumph 675 for the supersports class that won last year.like most others i would like to see him take a win,then move on with his other interests,before the game catchs up with him like most others,as the more you roll the dice road racing,the greater the chance something will go wrong,that may not even be your fault.lets hope everyone stays safe for the rest of the metting.it was a very sensible decision to not run the big bikes today its blowing a gale up north this morning,which i can only imagine is similar on the island.
Report Virgin June 6, 2015 11:24 AM BST
Zazu / scarecrow

ditto Excited
Report Zazu June 6, 2015 3:43 PM BST
2 winners I'd like to see are hutchy after his injury
problems and cummins after his insane 2010 crash

I know Martins on arguably the best small bike but I think the supersport races have a lot more potential winners

Called off very early. Id be fuming if I was a day tripper and the weather turned out to be  fine for racing.
Report Zazu June 7, 2015 3:20 PM BST
Leaderboard at end of lap 4 Tongue Out

About time it got live TV coverage
Report scarecrow June 8, 2015 9:51 AM BST
zazu trust me you would not have wanted to be a day tripper even.they made the right decision.55mph gusts of wind,they would have been blown of the track! at the speeds they go the risks would have been magnified greatly.the ferries might not have been able to dock even,it was that bad,a commercial helicopter pilot crashed after droping of people near the creg,the wind caught him and sent him out of control trying to take of,and he was killed in the accident.anyway it was great to see bruce anstey win in the big class for the first time after so many goes,it was cruel on guy martin to break down after only about 6 miles,thankfully it looks like gary johnson,michael dunlop and the other lad who went down with him are all alright after their crashes yesterday as far as i no.it looks like a great days action today,with three races being run,hopefully we will get some great racing and everyone will come back safe.the weather should be spot on today for some great racing.the big superstockers race should be awesome in particular.
Report Zazu June 8, 2015 12:57 PM BST
Yeah, I saw Craig Doyle being blasted by the wind and realised there was zero chance of racing.

Hillier made me laugh in the winners enclosure. Getting all emotional saying its not right racing that fast.....he was still a minute off Anstey and Hutchy Laugh

The ITV coverage is excellent but amazed they didn't show clips from the press conference
Report Zazu June 8, 2015 7:44 PM BST
Hutchy wins  Grin
Report Virgin June 9, 2015 9:27 AM BST
Some great racing so far and good to see Hutchinson rewarded for his recovery - Just imagine how many more wins he could have had whilst seriously injured/recuperating ....

Guy Martin gets the injured William Dunlop's race ride in the Zero ...who knows a 1 lap race might just suit him Excited
Report scarecrow June 9, 2015 9:48 AM BST
i saw that virgin,william was lucky to walk away realy with just a broken rib,coming of at laurel bank.you would think john mcguiness would be hard to beat in that class.guy will probably be in the huff again after his 30 second penalty in the supersport class.i think he could go close in supersport race two.once hutchy caught him up he was able to run with him.so if he can get of the line quicker in race two,he must go close as i can see him picking a little time up in the pits,and he now knows whats needed now after dicing with hutchy for the last three and a bit laps.realy looking forward to the superstock race.which should be a right battle between hutchy,bruce anstey and michael dunlop if fit enough to give his best,i have a sneaky feeling he will go very well despite being a bit sore in this class.hopefully all will come back safely.
Report Virgin June 9, 2015 12:58 PM BST
Nightmare for Guy Crazy lost 3rd by 20+ seconds in the pits

scarecrow good weather today over there you'll need these Cool
Report Zazu June 9, 2015 2:18 PM BST
easy win today

Cant believe Dunlop didnt change tyre
Report scarecrow June 9, 2015 10:11 PM BST
did you see bruce anstey hit the kerb up the top of bray hill new underpants needed fo bruce,how he stayed on i have no idea.
Report Zazu June 10, 2015 3:23 PM BST
Hutchy nearly ended up in a hedge as well

119.279mph from an electric bike Crazy
Report Zazu June 10, 2015 3:32 PM BST
Id love to see a fully firing MD vs Hutchy
Report scarecrow June 11, 2015 11:13 AM BST
looking at the odds today for the senior,on oddschecker.16/1 on james hillier e/w 1/4 odds looks a fair bet to me.he always seems to finish,is having a great week and getting quicker,all the time.when you consider its a six lap race surely even michael dunlop must struggle with his injury's,bruce might get out of the wrong side of bed,big john is not up to pace,all in all it looks a reasonable bet to me and more appealing than backing hutchy at 1/2.
Report scarecrow June 11, 2015 11:13 AM BST
i should add first three e/w.
Report Zazu June 11, 2015 12:11 PM BST
I don't agree at all.

Senior is a completely different sport to supersports and the top guys are still operating on the next level up.

Unless they DNF hutchy and Anstey will beat him. Dunlop will beat him IF he finishes. Would also fully expect Guy Martin to beat him and would definitely take mcguinness in a match bet. Then you have a bunch of other riders who can podium esp cummins

I was chuffed when Anstey won the opener. In hindsight though it would be mind blowing to be watching hutchy go for another 5 timer
Report Virgin June 12, 2015 10:11 AM BST
Good Luck all Excited
Report Virgin June 12, 2015 1:01 PM BST
Senior TT red flagged Lap 2 Scared
Report Virgin June 12, 2015 1:57 PM BST
Rider Confused Aeromed to hospital - Best Wishes Love

Restart 2.45pm Senior TT 4 Laps
Report Virgin June 12, 2015 2:17 PM BST
Best Wishes Jamie Hamilton Love
Report Virgin June 12, 2015 3:24 PM BST
Guy Martin Excited nails the pit stop and on a charge for 3rd place
Report Virgin June 12, 2015 3:58 PM BST
Good Senior result Happy
Report scarecrow June 12, 2015 3:59 PM BST
big john wins,hillier second,hutchy third,guy fourth.new lap record for big john.jamie hamilton reported to have serious but not life threatening injury's thankfully after the first start.
Report scarecrow June 12, 2015 7:39 PM BST
you won the match bet zazu,we should have had a reverse forecast on the first two.update on jamie hamilton he crashed on the cronk y voddy straight of all places,the bike became a fireball like guy martins bike in 2010,he is incredibly lucky to still be alive as they reach speeds in excess of 180mph along there.hopefully he will make a recovery like guy,hutchy and connor did in 2010.
Report Virgin June 12, 2015 9:55 PM BST
Cheers Scarecrow

Just watched the Senior TT Excited

Best Wishes to Jamie Hamilton Love
Report Virgin June 12, 2015 9:56 PM BST
Some serious loonies out there Love
Report Zazu June 15, 2015 1:52 PM BST
Lap times were unreal. 131 from go and Martin and Dunlop dropping 132+ laps and still not making the podium

Amazed at Hilliers performance. Can't belive the jump he's made from the superstock race
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com