Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
GREEDISGOOD
31 Dec 14 15:42
| Topic/replies: 2,988 | Blogger: GREEDISGOOD's blog
They have the best and quickest engine apparently.   If they can sort out the aero and reliability they will be light years ahead of the rest,.  You heard it hear first ;-)

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 47
By:
Zazu
When: 01 Jan 15 04:00
Mercedes will be 1 second a lap faster than everyone. Just like this year

hth
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 01 Jan 15 22:24
you heard it here first
By:
Zazu
When: 04 Jan 15 03:24
2014 Constructors table

1    MERCEDES        701pts
5    MCLAREN                181pts    - 520

Thats with the best engine in the paddock
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 05 Jan 15 20:29

Jan 3, 2015 -- 10:24PM, Zazu wrote:

2014 Constructors table1    MERCEDES        701pts......5    MCLAREN                181pts    - 520Thats with the best engine in the paddock

You what? Mclaren Honda have had two years to develop an engine with unlimited resources and time. Last season's Mclaren engine was not even a Honda, so you cannot compare the two.  This Honda engine is so far ahead of the others the FIA have banned them from making further improvements during the 2015 season

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/30685450

By:
fkqmz
When: 20 Jan 15 16:56
LaughLaughLaugh

the excitement is driven by Honda's pedigree in building 1.6l engines. The 1.6 iVtec they've been putting in civics for the last 10+ years is a fabulous engine for both performance and reliability and in theory, this format of F1 should be right up their street. However Honda being Honda they'll probably spend most of the first year at the side of the track billowing all sorts of blue smoke

remeber - you heard it here first Laugh
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 20 Jan 15 20:50
they have the best engine for sure.  That doesn't necessarily mean they will win the world titles for sure in the first year.,
By:
Zazu
When: 21 Jan 15 12:23
yeah, they have the best engine for sure Crazy

SMH
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 25 Jan 15 22:23

Jan 21, 2015 -- 7:23AM, Zazu wrote:

yeah, they have the best engine for sure SMH

exactly why the fia tried to limit them without success.  if the engine was just average do you think the fia would try to pull that stunt???

By:
Zazu
When: 29 Jan 15 16:41
dreadful livery. luckily it wont get much air time whilst its battling with the equally hideous Force India
By:
Zazu
When: 01 Feb 15 14:28
1st day of testing

Rosberg 136 laps
Alonso 6 laps

McLaren so uber confident they don't require track time? Confused
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 01 Feb 15 16:49
a strange one from mclaren. they have decided not to play their cards today.  i have a massive feeling people willbe in for a surprise when they run a competitive time
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 01 Feb 15 22:21
zazu, check this out. http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12433/9694696/mclaren-only-running-a-development-version-of-honda-engine-at-early-tests
By:
Zazu
When: 02 Feb 15 13:36
5 laps so far today and theyre second favourites for the constructors Laugh
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 02 Feb 15 16:55
u won't get rich backing mercedes for the title.   this time last year mercedes were clear 2nd favs to win the title, and not so long ago brawn were 500-1 to pick up the title....which they won..
By:
Zazu
When: 02 Feb 15 17:36
Mclaren have terrible reliability (unbelievably bad!) and haven't shown any sign of being quick never mind as fast as Mercedes.

Brawn dropped on the track and instantly went stupidly quick. 8/1 on Mclaren is utter madness
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 03 Feb 15 15:57
the mclaren looked decent today.  probably on par with mercedes in the wet only.
By:
Zazu
When: 03 Feb 15 16:59
Looked real good 15seconds off the ultimate pace....

Then it broke down. Again
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 03 Feb 15 17:01
nono, i'm talking about the balance of the car, which is very difficult to achieve
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 03 Feb 15 17:04
ferrari had quick times posted but the balance was not that great. great balance wins races due to tyre degradation.mercedes , red bull , and mclaren have it.
By:
fkqmz
When: 04 Feb 15 12:44
button is shaving off tenths at a time today. the car can;t go any faster and he's still 3s off everyone else. What's it going to take for you to realise how daft you are. I'm starting to think this is a fishing line!
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 04 Feb 15 22:11
that's because they are running a development engine still .  daft? we will see. http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/117593
By:
fkqmz
When: 09 Feb 15 11:29
Laugh you're quoting autsport at me - now I know you're daft. Let me explain something to you - Autosport's job at this time of year is to create a bunch of hype about the upcoming F1 season. They do this mainly by playing on what happened in 2009 and making out like every test contains something of a revelation and perhaps there's some big secret there that you can't see. They do this for one reason only - to sell magazines and subscriptions! They don't have any actual racing to fill their pages at the moment so they have generate their own excitement to upkeep their turnover figures. you buddy, have fell for it hook line and sinker!
The interesting thing about the McLaren though is the car itself. There's some mighty fine design solutions in there and this car is already starting to remind me of the ill fated MP4/20 which was the fastest car of 2005 by a mile but couldn't last a race weekend without blowing up. This is just a little bit of history repeating!
By:
Zazu
When: 10 Feb 15 14:45
Mclaren regularly come up with innovative design ideas. They rarely work
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 10 Feb 15 17:06

Feb 9, 2015 -- 6:29AM, fkqmz wrote:

you're quoting autsport at me - now I know you're daft. Let me explain something to you - Autosport's job at this time of year is to create a bunch of hype about the upcoming F1 season. They do this mainly by playing on what happened in 2009 and making out like every test contains something of a revelation and perhaps there's some big secret there that you can't see. They do this for one reason only - to sell magazines and subscriptions! They don't have any actual racing to fill their pages at the moment so they have generate their own excitement to upkeep their turnover figures. you buddy, have fell for it hook line and sinker! The interesting thing about the McLaren though is the car itself. There's some mighty fine design solutions in there and this car is already starting to remind me of the ill fated MP4/20 which was the fastest car of 2005 by a mile but couldn't last a race weekend without blowing up. This is just a little bit of history repeating!

hi fkqmz,  if yr so confident Mclaren are garbage then I'll bet this with you.  Mclaren to win at least race in 2015/16.  If they don't I won;t post on the Motorsport forum, if they do, you won;t post on here ever again.  I have added you as a contact request, if you want to take personal wagers of up to 200 pounds via paypal i'd happy to agree.  zazu if you are game too, i'd be happy to do do the same,

By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 10 Feb 15 17:14

Feb 10, 2015 -- 9:45AM, Zazu wrote:

that's totally true. f1 racing goes around in cycles though,

added you too, Mclaren to win at least race in 2015/16.  we can exchange contact details.  200 pounds is the bet for you too. If they don't win I won;t post on the Motorsport forum, if they do, you won;t post on here ever again.  yr call

By:
Zazu
When: 11 Feb 15 00:13
Im not having a gentlemans agreement with some random stranger on the internet and im not interested in a betfair market because i'm not waiting a year for an even money shot

If Mclaren win a fully dry race this year I will never post on Betfair again.
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 11 Feb 15 12:01
we can swap ID and address details and by email and draw up a contract and keep the moeny in escrow.  entirety up to you, 200 pounds should be nothing if you really think the mclaren is a turkey.  if you don;t want to agree on that, If Mclaren win any this year you will never post on Betfair again, and vice versa?
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 13 Feb 15 14:08
no takers then. all mouth and hot air air and no money to back yrselves up.  you still have time to accept b4 the season starts. a 100?% supposed guaranteed  interest gain over one year is surely better than 3% per annum bank interest?  like i said hot air.
By:
Zazu
When: 14 Feb 15 13:03
Why would I wait 9 months for £200 when I can just do a day at work and get it paid the following friday? Confused

As said before, Mclaren wont win a dry race and ill never post on here if they do. They may fluke one in the wet/damp if its utter madness and they luck in.
By:
fkqmz
When: 16 Feb 15 16:39
Laugh all hot air? hang on you started the thread by declaring that McLAren will be "light years ahead of the rest" and already you're backtracking to "They will win 1 race sometime in the next 2 years". Go away!
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 18 Feb 15 22:28

Feb 16, 2015 -- 11:39AM, fkqmz wrote:

all hot air? hang on you started the thread by declaring that McLAren will be "light years ahead of the rest" and already you're backtracking to "They will win 1 race sometime in the next 2 years". Go away!

you are twisting words to suit yrself and just making excuses to get out of it.  that's cool i get it.  The engine is indeed ahead of the pack, doesn;t necessarily mean the car is ahead of the rest.

i don;t understand, the next two tests will see mclaren at the back of the field, so the bet is still open to you before the 1st race,.

By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 18 Feb 15 22:33

Feb 14, 2015 -- 8:03AM, Zazu wrote:

Why would I wait 9 months for £200 when I can just do a day at work and get it paid the following friday? As said before, Mclaren wont win a dry race and ill never post on here if they do. They may fluke one in the wet/damp if its utter madness and they luck in.

if 200 isn;t enough I can go to 1K max.   that;s pretty easy money over 9 months.    the next two tests will see the mclaren at the back of the field, way way way off the pace, so i don;t understand why you can;t accept the challenge.

By:
Zazu
When: 19 Feb 15 13:30
I only use the purple exchange

Get  a market put up for 'will mclaren win a race in 2015. (Must be no rain)' and I'll match ur £1k at evens
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 19 Feb 15 15:00
must be no rain lol.
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 19 Feb 15 15:09
I thought with today's  bad   mclaren news ,it would have swayed you to make a straight bet easily without any silly conditions.  Also, sounds like you are awkward, and from experience awkward people are difficult to get money from.  if i accept rain,  yr 100% going to make up another condition or if they win in the dry you'll prob try and saythe sprinkler wet the track. lol.
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 19 Feb 15 15:12
williams or ferrari did not win a race in the wet last year, this mclaren is no better , so yr decision shud be easy
By:
Zazu
When: 20 Feb 15 02:20
GREEDISGOOD    10 Feb 15 18:14 
Feb 10, 2015 -- 3:45PM, Zazu wrote:

that's totally true. f1 racing goes around in cycles though,

added you too, Mclaren to win at least race in 2015/16.  we can exchange contact details.  200 pounds is the bet for you too. If they don't win I won;t post on the Motorsport forum, if they do, you won;t post on here ever again.  yr call

Zazu    11 Feb 15 01:13
Im not having a gentlemans agreement with some random stranger on the internet and im not interested in a betfair market because i'm not waiting a year for an even money shot

If Mclaren win a fully dry race this year I will never post on Betfair again.
GREEDISGOOD    11 Feb 15 13:01 
we can swap ID and address details and by email and draw up a contract and keep the moeny in escrow.  entirety up to you, 200 pounds should be nothing if you really think the mclaren is a turkey.  if you don;t want to agree on that, If Mclaren win any this year you will never post on Betfair again, and vice versa?
GREEDISGOOD    13 Feb 15 15:08 
no takers then. all mouth and hot air air and no money to back yrselves up.  you still have time to accept b4 the season starts. a 100?% supposed guaranteed  interest gain over one year is surely better than 3% per annum bank interest?  like i said hot air.
Zazu    14 Feb 15 14:03 
Why would I wait 9 months for £200 when I can just do a day at work and get it paid the following friday? Confused

As said before, Mclaren wont win a dry race and ill never post on here if they do. They may fluke one in the wet/damp if its utter madness and they luck in.
fkqmz    16 Feb 15 17:39 
Laugh all hot air? hang on you started the thread by declaring that McLAren will be "light years ahead of the rest" and already you're backtracking to "They will win 1 race sometime in the next 2 years". Go away!
GREEDISGOOD    18 Feb 15 23:28 
Feb 16, 2015 -- 5:39PM, fkqmz wrote:

all hot air? hang on you started the thread by declaring that McLAren will be "light years ahead of the rest" and already you're backtracking to "They will win 1 race sometime in the next 2 years". Go away!

you are twisting words to suit yrself and just making excuses to get out of it.  that's cool i get it.  The engine is indeed ahead of the pack, doesn;t necessarily mean the car is ahead of the rest.

i don;t understand, the next two tests will see mclaren at the back of the field, so the bet is still open to you before the 1st race,.
GREEDISGOOD    18 Feb 15 23:33 
Feb 14, 2015 -- 2:03PM, Zazu wrote:

Why would I wait 9 months for £200 when I can just do a day at work and get it paid the following friday? As said before, Mclaren wont win a dry race and ill never post on here if they do. They may fluke one in the wet/damp if its utter madness and they luck in.

if 200 isn;t enough I can go to 1K max.   that;s pretty easy money over 9 months.    the next two tests will see the mclaren at the back of the field, way way way off the pace, so i don;t understand why you can;t accept the challenge.
Zazu    19 Feb 15 14:30 
I only use the purple exchange

Get  a market put up for 'will mclaren win a race in 2015. (Must be no rain)' and I'll match ur £1k at evens
GREEDISGOOD    19 Feb 15 16:00 
must be no rain lol.
GREEDISGOOD    19 Feb 15 16:09 
I thought with today's  bad   mclaren news ,it would have swayed you to make a straight bet easily without any silly conditions.  Also, sounds like you are awkward, and from experience awkward people are difficult to get money from.  if i accept rain,  yr 100% going to make up another condition or if they win in the dry you'll prob try and saythe sprinkler wet the track. lol.
GREEDISGOOD    19 Feb 15 16:12 
williams or ferrari did not win a race in the wet last year, this mclaren is no better , so yr decision shud be easy

Only ever made one condition and thats rain
The first post after you suggested the bet I mentioned rain so its not a new inclusion. They have 2 very handy wet/mixed conditon drivers and the Merc engine loses a lot of its performance advantage. Plus look at Hungary, Mercs miles faster in wet weather but still didnt win
By:
GREEDISGOOD
When: 20 Feb 15 10:51
please
By:
Zazu
When: 22 Feb 15 15:07
Another good test for Mclaren Crazy
Page 1 of 2  •  Previous 1 | 2 | Next
sort by:
Show
per page