Forums

Motor Sports

There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
mesmerised
19 Feb 14 14:18
| Topic/replies: 29,003 | Blogger: mesmerised's blog
Nothing so far has convinced me he should be a 3/1  shot, had nothing but reliability issues so far with the new nose design to meet new regulations and  along with other mechanical issues they've had less  track time than anyone else to understand the new car, they've struggled to  accommodate the new cooling regulations whilst not compromising the aerodynamic design and with the banning of Exhaust blowing system, Vettel's traction advantage is gone, look at Sauber, half way through last year they improved their use of the blown exhaust system and improved dramatically, where is Vettle going to get the speed based on what we've seen so far ? Newey is a genius but nobody dominates forever, he's going to need half a season to find a new advantage, I wouldn't be surprised if Vettle finished behind the Mercs and and Ferrari's, the new Mclaren can't be ruled out either but......

The Mercedes will be the team to beat making Rosberg value.

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
sort by:
Show
per page
Replies: 6
By:
Zazu
When: 20 Feb 14 15:44
Maybe people think Renault/Red Bull will fix their current mechanical issues? Confused

What price would he be if Renault had done similar laps to Ferrari and Mercedes during the tests? 5/4, 6/4????

People drawing far too may conclusions from the tests. Theyre lapping seconds off ideal pace and inseason development this season will be astronomical...Red Bull have excelled in this area in recent years.

Kevin Magnussen hasn't raced in F1, Mclaren have won 1 drivers title in the passed 10 years and were seconds off the pace last year and he is 9/1  Shocked
By:
mesmerised
When: 21 Feb 14 18:52
At this point in time though, I really don't consider him to be a value punt, more like a value lay.
By:
Zazu
When: 22 Feb 14 00:23
If the Renault engine is as bad as it currently looks I foresee huge problems for Lotus' future
By:
mesmerised
When: 27 Feb 14 21:31
Final testing in Bahrain today and yet more issues with engine cooling, only two cars put in less lap times. Still can't see any reason why he's favourite other than previous success based on a technical advantage that no longer exist.
By:
Zazu
When: 28 Feb 14 09:49
He's not been favourite since the second test. He's already 9/1 for Oz and will go off double figure price

Ferrari have had a low profile in testing but I hope they are quick. It looks like Renault are in complete disarray so may just be a Mercedes engine championship Cry
By:
mesmerised
When: 02 Feb 15 19:47
Rosberg blew his lead but Hamilton worthy champion, never saw Vettle ending up at Ferrari. I remember the Ferrari crowd booing him
sort by:
Show
per page

Post your reply

Text Format: Table: Smilies:
Forum does not support HTML
Insert Photo
Cancel
‹ back to topics
www.betfair.com