Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
CrowsEye
30 Jun 13 10:45
| Topic/replies: 2,153 | Blogger: CrowsEye's blog
Sebastian Vettel to Win @ 6/5 (Lads, PP)
Lewis Hamilton Podium Finish @ 5/6 (Tote, Fred)
Sebastian Vettel Top 6 Finish @ 1/5 (Lads, PP)
Red Bull Double Points Finish @ 4/9 (PP)

Love
Pause Switch to Standard View British GP Tips
Show More
Report CrowsEye June 30, 2013 12:54 PM BST
New one for those who missed 6/5 Vettel.

Red Bull Winning Car @ 4/5 (PP, Wilsonbet)

Really good value.

Love
Report Virgin June 30, 2013 1:35 PM BST
Wombles busy at Silverstone Sad
Report CrowsEye June 30, 2013 2:20 PM BST
Jesus... Maybe I could stop Frankel in his tracks.
Report Virgin June 30, 2013 2:26 PM BST
CrowsEye Are you using Live Timing Confused Mine usually works but has an expired security setting alert  and wont load Sad
Report Kriskin June 30, 2013 2:28 PM BST
A joke of a race.
Report Virgin June 30, 2013 2:30 PM BST
A good race all the same Plain
Report Virgin June 30, 2013 2:32 PM BST
So exciting Excited I said it twice
Report CrowsEye June 30, 2013 2:41 PM BST
Disappointed. Lost a lot of money that race but I guess it goes to show that anything can happen.
Report Help2 June 30, 2013 2:45 PM BST
insane race...Blush

Sad that raikkonen lost so much in the endSad
Report Zazu June 30, 2013 2:51 PM BST
CrowsEye 30 Jun 13 14:41 
Disappointed. Lost a lot of money that race but I guess it goes to show that anything can happen

your bets were terrible value
Report Virgin June 30, 2013 2:51 PM BST
Ta Plain
Report Virgin June 30, 2013 2:54 PM BST
Kimi Raikkonen poor call by the team Sad
Report CrowsEye June 30, 2013 3:14 PM BST
Why do you decide that Zazu? Surely not because I wasn't factoring in tire explosions and Vettels car breaking down? All those prices beat the BSP nicely, how can you say they weren't value?
Report bb66 June 30, 2013 3:41 PM BST
Pirelli hell of a desaster, to be made responsible for explosions of their tyres
Report jokernissart June 30, 2013 3:48 PM BST
how many cars finish?
Report Mcik June 30, 2013 4:03 PM BST
Only 2 retirements according to f1.com but lots of exploding tyre chaos, Pirelli worst tyres ever.
Report Zazu June 30, 2013 4:36 PM BST
Tyre situation is a joke and has been for a while.

Hamilton was looking comfortable until his tyre went.

Mercedes have been fast all weekend on long runs. Everyone was factoring in tyres expecting them to drop off like earlier in the season but theyve improved massively recently and today was a bit of unknown but not enough to make a guy starting 3rd on the grid 6/5.

because I wasn't factoring in tire explosions and Vettels car breaking down?

How on earth can you not factor to these into prices when youre betting on F1? If everything was bulletproof Red Bull would have been 1.01 for top 6 not 1/5

The only bet of yours I actually like (not that i'd back it) is both Red Bull in the points at 4/9. Because even with safety car, offs, small bumps etc still basically just betting them on them to finish
Report Mcik June 30, 2013 4:55 PM BST
Rosberg is under investigation for speeding under a yellow, he could be stripped of the win.
Report CrowsEye June 30, 2013 5:33 PM BST
That would make me happy as I would recoup some losses.

Just explain why you don't think it's value Zazu? I think it is value because BSP is incredibly accurate long term, and I beat the lay side price on all bets stated. I would say I have more in my favour to say it was value.

I think the only thing that was stopping all of those bets being landed was exactly what happened.
Report CrowsEye June 30, 2013 5:35 PM BST
BREAKING NEWS: Nico Rosberg has escaped with a reprimand for speeding under yellows. His race win stands.

From BBC.
Report Help2 June 30, 2013 7:09 PM BST
i am glad that i do not drive with Pirelli tiresCool
Report Zazu June 30, 2013 7:38 PM BST
you get paid on podium results so any post race investigations are irrelevant

beating BSP doesn't necessarily mean you are getting value.
BSP is incredibly accurate long term
I dont have the stats at hand but i can guarantee if you backed Vettel at BSP, level stakes you would be running at a significant loss.

6/5 Vettel - with Mercs performance all weekend and starting on the second row no way is 6/5 value for win. Also threat from Webber who is immense at Silverstone.
4/5 Red Bull - see above

Other 3 bets werent that bad.
5/6 Hamilton - OK price. Doesn't jump out as anything special
1/5 Vettel - OK price.
4/9 both points - Just needed to not DNF. Even if they had problems would still be top 10. Would price it at 1/3ish so that one was definitely just bad day at office
Report CrowsEye June 30, 2013 9:03 PM BST
I'd rather see the stats. I also hope you're not including commission into that calculation.

I really find it hard to believe it's a significant loss too.
Report Zazu July 1, 2013 9:44 AM BST
He is always overbet

AUS - LOST
Malaysia - WON - Started from pole
CHI - LOST
Bahrain - WON - Started from pole
MON - LOST
SPA - LOST
CAN - WON - Started from pole
GBR - LOST

Don't know his SP for the wins but I can guarantee you he wasnt 13/8 when sat on pole.

Id estimate he went off on average at 4/6ish but being very, very generous, lets say he started at evens for each....
Report CrowsEye July 1, 2013 1:24 PM BST
Too small of a sample size. How about 2012, and 2011? I'm sure he had a really good 2011.
Report Zazu July 1, 2013 3:20 PM BST
you must be mainlining crack

When the Red Bull was utterly dominant what kind of price do you think he was when sat on pole?
I dont have all the prices and no great desire to find them. If you had bet level stakes on Vettel at SP you'd be running at a loss. Thats even including his Torro Rosso win when he went off a 12/1 even though he was on pole
Report CrowsEye July 1, 2013 4:29 PM BST
Sure, maybe a loss, but not a significant loss, and that doesn't mean Vettel was not value on any given event. I don't back Vettel blind, so it doesn't effect me anyway.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com