Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
AyersRock
15 May 13 00:23
| Topic/replies: 8,683 | Blogger: AyersRock's blog
pirelli say they will review the tyre situation......if they do I will switch off as reducing the degradation of tyres will effectively hand the titles to redbull and the whining christian horner, it's the same for everyone, you'd think also someone with the brains of ross brawn at mercedes would realise going for pole and being super fast over one lap means nothing in the race this year, manage the tyres in qualifying well = a half decent chance of high point scoring, ask lotus
Pause Switch to Standard View 79 pit stops in spain
Show More
Report Zazu May 15, 2013 5:38 AM BST
I believe there were 82...

If they don't reduce the degradation everyone will switch off!!

Spain was a farce. Drivers not defending postions at all and a marussia keeping up with a red bull. Drivers are having to speed up/slow down in corners to keep tyres in the optimum working temperature window.

In its current state F1 is like the Olympics making everyone in the 100m sprint wear Dr Martens to even it out
Report Zazu May 15, 2013 5:40 AM BST
They have NASAesque technology and were lapping at GP2 pace
Report AyersRock May 16, 2013 8:27 PM BST
http://www.tyrepress.com/News/MOTORSPORT/49/too_many_pit_stops_pirelli_spanish_grand_prix_f1.html

there were 79 but there has to be a compromise, i think pirelli said in time for the canadian GP there will be change, a combination of last seasons tyres and this, basically they will bring in tyres that will result in a reversion back to 2-3 stops, rather than near on 4 per team (on average)
Report thebandit May 17, 2013 1:06 PM BST
http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/news/12433/8710525/The-British-press-hit-out-at-tyre-dominated-nature-of-F1-after-2013-Spanish-GP

82 pit stops???
Report Help2 May 17, 2013 6:15 PM BST
i prefer many pitstops, i like when it is unpredictable.Love
Report Help2 May 17, 2013 6:15 PM BST
i want rain at Monaco:)Excited
Report fkqmz May 18, 2013 7:03 PM BST
you want the men in white coats you do!

who cares what happens with the tyres for the rest of the year, its just a stop gap until the whole game changes next year anyway. if you dont like it, lump it - it'll be over soon!
Report AyersRock May 19, 2013 2:23 AM BST
huh? what funny farm have you just escaped fromCrazy
Report fkqmz May 28, 2013 12:23 AM BST
i mean literally, this is a temporary situation - its really not worth getting all pent up about. next year, its likely pirelli will be forced to be conservative because they can't be sure how the new transmissions are going to punish the tyres. they'll be more stable and easier to use and all the focus will move to who can get the turbos and KERS systems working best, the key factor in next year's championship. Interesting development with Honda coming in, 1.6 litre turbos are Honda's bread and butter. might take them a while but I fancy ultimately they'll make best of the era.
Report Roger De Bris June 9, 2013 10:30 AM BST
haven't had 1 single bet on F1 this year, and haven't watched one race either, having bet on every race last year and watched them all.
Report moisok June 9, 2013 2:26 PM BST
why dont you just switch over to eurosport to see proper racing on the motor bikes
just seen four guys cross the finish line about 1 second apart having fought one another for about the whole race

not this mamby pamby over hyped bollux
Report bix June 10, 2013 2:25 PM BST
Overhyped yes but still dying a death. The lack of posts on here is an indication of where the "sport" is really going. Give me the motor bikes any time.
PS
I'd love to know how much Bernie Ecclestone bungs the media to keep telling the public that F1 is exciting and glamorous.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com