Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Big Boss
24 Mar 13 17:02
| Topic/replies: 5,062 | Blogger: Big Boss's blog
what a fantastic race today because of Vettel.

driver do this, driver do that, all they do is turn the wheel now and change gears.
Pause Switch to Standard View Team orders, in fact, all in-race...
Show More
Report Zazu March 24, 2013 5:14 PM GMT
do you realise webber had his engine turned down? Confused

too much at stake for teammates to battle each other
Report fronter March 24, 2013 5:42 PM GMT
Proble is and the same with Hamilton( and I'm a supporter) they drive hard start of race , burn tyres, engine and fuel, get ahead and then don't have to yield to a racer who has strategised for the full 56 lap race.
The motto is get up front early , drive like an idiot and team will keep you there , don't worry about later on ! Drivers like Jenson Button who ' manage ' the car will be seriously disadvantaged !
Report Pleasegivemeanailedontip March 24, 2013 5:58 PM GMT
Agree in principal that the radio should be thrown out except for maybe a button/light combination in the cockpit to co-ordinate pitting. Would probably end up with a lot of DNFs to start with but would soon settle itself out
Report AFL March 24, 2013 9:14 PM GMT
Vettel's action is one of a petulant spoilt brat who put himself above the team.

The Team already managed/handed him one title that should have gone to Webber anyway...... and now he sticks it right up Webber and the team.

What a pr ick he must be.
Report wildmanfromborneo March 25, 2013 12:25 AM GMT
Vettels instinct is to race and he is right probably why he is champion.
Report allan-wolf March 25, 2013 8:18 AM GMT
This is not my sport from a betting point of view,so I am assuming that there is betting on who wins the race.
But how can this be right,when team managers can order drivers NOT to win
BETFAIR SHOULD ONLY ALLOW BETTING ON WHICH TEAM WINS THE RACE?.
Report AFL March 25, 2013 9:12 PM GMT
All teams should be forced to alternate their drivers and cars every second race.

If they want to promote the sport as a Team Sport then both drivers should be forced to drive both cars in the team over the course of the season.

The way it is set up now ....they have teams within teams ...IE: Webbers Team working against Vettels team within the same team.

So both drivers should complete half a season in both cars.

One of the problems is that unlike other team sports, the Drivers Championship overides the Team Championship.

This would help lesson the  concentration on the drivers and widen  the appreciation of the teams.

You obviously would still have a drivers championship but the team aspect would be enhanced.
Report fkqmz March 27, 2013 10:46 PM GMT
its not the cars that make the difference, the metal and carbon fibre is basically the same but you correctly identify that it is the team, ie the people who make the difference. A good team is born out of longevity, the longer a driver stays with his engineer, the better the relationship works, the more effect it has on the car's performance. Vettel and Rocky have been together for years now and are kicking ass whereas Webber's just lost his engineer of 7 years, which, as I pointed out at the time was always going to damage him. Do you see why making Rocky work for Webber just wouldn't work as a field leveller ??

Vettel was out of order the other day but not for racing, if he wants to say to the team 'look, b0ll0cks - I don't care what you say I'm racing' then thats fine with me, but he should have actually said it to them so they could have gone to Webber and said 'right well we've told Vettel to slow down and he's told us to fk off so you'd better keep going if you want to win'. to do what he did in sneaking up on him and mugging him with no warning is a bit ratty and I'm not surprised the comparison to Schumacher has been drawn on. i don't accept the line that there's too much at stake and its too risky. it's just being soft - it's the second race of the year. its also the case that Red Bull won WDC and WCC in 2010 despite what happened in Turkey and so you have to conclude that even if the worst does happen and 1 or both of them retire, it's not exactly the end of the world! later in the year yes but not now.

I'm not totally against banning radios. Flags and marshalls are perfectly adequate for safety and it would be a good challenge to make them work the tactics out without radio contact. Probably won't happen as the teams would throw a paddy and unanimously vote it out but I think it would be interesting, coded messages on pitboards et al Grin
Report Help2 March 28, 2013 8:02 PM GMT
i agree, team orders destroy the race! was very boring to see hamilton driving so slow and the team not allowing rosberg to pass! in the other end, it was nice to see vettel passing cry baby webberExcited

no team orders, lets see race and action!
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com