Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
The Pies
12 Mar 13 19:56
| Topic/replies: 919 | Blogger: The Pies's blog
Assumed that this would be on Sky but have Radio Times for next week and no mention of it. There are a few events being broadcast in the early hours of the 23rd so could be on red button but nothing on Sky website about this or other GPs. Anybody know anything more?
Pause Switch to Standard View New Zealand Speedway GP
Show More
Report The Pies March 14, 2013 2:06 PM GMT
Can now answer my own question. The Speedway Grand Prix has now signed a 3 year deal to show the GP and World Cup on Eurosport, starting with New Zealand GP early next Saturday morning.
Report cliff March 15, 2013 9:35 PM GMT
So its not on SKY at all this year?

I've had a couple of bets on each way the outright on Lindback @ 16/1 and Vaculik @ 66/1, but I see BV have a match list up and they price Linback v AJ @ 17/20 the pair. Views on that? I have a strong feeling on Lindback this year to go well.
Report The Pies March 16, 2013 8:14 AM GMT
All GPs and World Cup on Eurosport this year. Was worried that they wouldn't be shown at all so this news is welcome. Possibly the last year of Sky's current contract to show Elite League so that'll be of concern for next year.

I think it looks competitive this year. New GP guys are sound and should add something even Woffinden who's come on since last time. Lindback v Vaculik, would just favour Lindback but would be no bet at those prices.

Ready for the very early morning start on Saturday!
Report cliff March 16, 2013 10:39 PM GMT
Right thanks, hope the eurosport coverage is decent as sky was always good.

It's lindback v andreas jonsson not lindback v vaculik. Lindback finished 30-40 clear of jonsson last year
Report The Pies March 17, 2013 12:13 PM GMT
Apologies Cliff, 5/6 Lindback v Jonsson could be alright. Lindback finished on a high and Jonsson noticeably tailed off.
Report cliff March 21, 2013 10:42 PM GMT
Does Bunyan have any hope whatsoever of a podium finish this week? I see BV has him at 5000 /1!1000/1 the place
Report The Pies March 22, 2013 7:59 AM GMT
Absolutely no chance. I know the home nation like to have one of their own riding but NZ are such a shadow of their former glories that the best they can do is an English Premier League rider who takes his holidays there! It's not only NZ where this problem arises, Italy and Czech Rep are the same. Would have been better if another of the Aussies could have filled the spot.

Another disappointment is that it's an afternoon start in NZ which means very early morning here (think it's an hour earlier for us this year as the clocks had gone forward last). I think the track has lights so don't know why they couldn't have started at 7pm local time which would have made it a bit more inviting to European viewers.

Was thinking of watching cricket until start of speedway but get a bit of sleep first.
Report cliff April 19, 2013 7:41 PM BST
Can't resist punting Lindback for this @ 33/1 each way.  Looks massive
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com