Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fkqmz
25 Nov 12 19:19
| Topic/replies: 20,640 | Blogger: fkqmz's blog
Webber? no chance
Alonso? maybe but he's had 2 shots at it in the last 3 years and failed!
Hamilton? Laugh
Button? possibly but he's relying on having a clearly better car

is the 6/4 on next year's title too short ? probably yes but only because it'll most likely be bigger come february, I can't see anyone beating him next year right now, the guy is just sh!t hot, no other way of putting it. Modern day legend, pleasure to have watched history made today.
Pause Switch to Standard View Who can stop Vettel in 2013
Show More
Report Zazu November 25, 2012 8:59 PM GMT
6/4 is madness considering Pirelli are bringing completely new tyres. With better reliabilty and less Mclaren mess ups Hamilton would have won this years title at a canter....

Barring a few circuits where the Red Bulls have been rampant, Mclaren and Ferrari have been a match for them in terms of race pace.

Will wait until Oz but at the prices Button 10/1 and Perez 18/1 for me
Report ocukstinky November 25, 2012 11:20 PM GMT
I think Perez could be a great shout, put in some very smart drives this year but made a few balls ups too. If he can cut those out quickly then he'll be right up there. You're going to think I'm mad but if Ferrari give them the tools then I don't see why Massa couldn't challenge if he gets a good start. Alonso's had enough cracks at it now, and Massa made him look silly towards the end of the season. He's certainly back to his best.
Report bb66 November 26, 2012 8:01 AM GMT
all will depend on the job Newey does, if the car is competetive why not. But as it's unlikely he will have a season like 2011 it's too early to bet these odds.
Report Zazu November 26, 2012 8:38 AM GMT
2013 Drivers Championship

Vettel 6/4
Alonso 10/3
Button 10/1
Raikkonen 12/1
Hamilton 14/1
Perez 18/1
Webber 20/1
Rosberg 40/1
Massa 50/1
Grosjean 66/1
Maldonado 80/1
Di Resta 80/1
Hulkenberg 80/1
Gutierrez 100/1
Riccardio 150/1
Vergne 150/1

Top Prices
Report bb66 November 26, 2012 3:34 PM GMT
I'm convinced BF will offer better odds, from these Button looks most attractive
Report GPT November 26, 2012 3:38 PM GMT
It's all down to Newey again Beiber is an average driver at best who cries like a child when things don't go his way as we've seen again this year.
Report randybushpig November 26, 2012 5:48 PM GMT
I agree, but 6/4 way too tight at this stage...what a great season that was!
Report bb66 November 27, 2012 3:13 PM GMT
in fact 10 is really nice on Button seeing 8.4 wanted here
Report pollybournemouth November 27, 2012 11:40 PM GMT
Well Would anyone match £100 of mine if i put it up for  2-1 for Vettel Excited
Report ocukstinky November 29, 2012 12:57 AM GMT
2/1's a fair price, not really any value this early and for a 12 month bet..
Report Zazu February 10, 2013 10:22 AM GMT
I'm convinced that 2/1 is a lay

Without the unlimited DRS in qually i expect red bull to be far less dominant and mclaren/ferrari often matched them for race pace

However, i may be delusional esp as Ive just backed massa for oz at 33/1 Tongue Out
Report ocukstinky February 10, 2013 2:05 PM GMT
I think that's a good punt zazu, probably won't but going on the back end of last year's performances he was easily top 3 even with moving aside for Alonso twice. If Ferrari give him the car he'll have a point to prove and if he gets a good start then they'll back him.
Report fkqmz February 10, 2013 9:16 PM GMT
Cry
firstly the 2/1 is long gone! whats available now is definitely a lay if only because the field is going to be tight early on and its almost certain you'll catch a drift a tsome stage if thats your play.

but on massa, seriously.... Cry alonso's not even driven the car yet. its like jumping the gun before the other runners have even arrived at the stadium!
Report fkqmz February 10, 2013 9:19 PM GMT
there's no way however that you should be able to back hulkenburg ew @ 50/1. that sauber did more laps than any other car last week, both drivers slipped straight into it without any trouble at all. it looks a tidy car which is easy to drive.
Report Zazu February 11, 2013 9:00 AM GMT
Last year Sauber was strong in high speed corners, dont expect them to be a threat in Oz.

Massa is (was) 33/1, Alonso is 9/2. Not sure what Alonso not have testing has to do with my bet? Confused
Report Zazu February 28, 2013 7:39 AM GMT
f1 returns today with live coverage of testing Excited
Report ocukstinky March 1, 2013 6:57 PM GMT
Mercedes looking a bit better than expected tbh.
Report fkqmz March 1, 2013 10:31 PM GMT
in all reality though, you're going to be able to throw the proverbial blanket over the lot of them bar caterham and marussia. very exciting Grin
Report Zazu March 2, 2013 12:04 PM GMT
its testing.

red bull were often no where last year until qualifying q3 then dominated the front row
Report SamH_123 March 4, 2013 3:52 PM GMT
you mean 2 years ago? 
Aus is a good merc track I think, they have good traction generally.  I expect Merc and Mclaren to get off to a good start
Report ocukstinky March 4, 2013 4:38 PM GMT

Mar 2, 2013 -- 6:04AM, Zazu wrote:

its testing. red bull were often no where last year until qualifying q3 then dominated the front row

They were nowhere for the first.. 4 races?

Report Zazu March 5, 2013 7:31 AM GMT
erm...vettel split the mclarens in oz last year
Report Zazu March 5, 2013 7:46 AM GMT
my point was on friday and saturday morning red bull often didnt show their hand. Then qually comes and vettel is 0.5 seconds faster than anyone else. Wouldnt surprise me to see them in 5th-6th at oz but wouldnt surprise me if they were miles in front

Mclaren should have wrapped up both titles last year. I dont particularly rate Button and i think there are a lot of question marks over Perez. Theyve also made fundamental changes to the car

In race trim at the end of last year Ferrari was awesome. Cars got better

Lotus have been insanely unreliable in testing.

I hope Merc have made a step back into the top group. Apart from eating tyres they had a v.good car at the start of last season

No one else looks anything special

Couldnt back any of the protaganists at the prices so Ive just backed Massa (33/1) and Rosberg  (40/1) for Oz
Report ocukstinky March 5, 2013 12:12 PM GMT
Rosberg isn't a bad poke at 40s if that Merc really is going to be up there. In fact it's an outrageously good value bet. How Hamilton can be 10s and Rosberg 40s is beyond me, Rosberg's a very good qualifier.
Report mr clene March 9, 2013 12:55 PM GMT
best call is some outside bets for quali............. nobody is going to have a mega advantage this year !!! But in quali with limited DRS, the guy who gets it right on the ss tyres will have a chance.

a few podium bets on williams, torro rosso, force india may pay big...........

but aint really any value on bf at the moment. why not MALDO/RICCARDO/SUTI @ 25's
Report SamH_123 March 10, 2013 2:16 AM GMT
Maldo >>>> Sutil >>>>> Ricc imo
Report f1 fan March 11, 2013 10:09 PM GMT
Maldo >>>> Sutil >>>>> Ricc imo

is that for the first 3 retirements?
Report ocukstinky March 12, 2013 11:26 AM GMT
^ true Grin

I can't wait to see what the real pace of that Merc is.
Report f1 fan March 12, 2013 6:16 PM GMT
cant wait either, average matched price on backing hamilton 18.4Excited
average matched price on laying hamilton 13.4 ExcitedExcitedExcited

all green now but i still want to see him win

HAMILTON STILL THE BEST IN F1  (that'll get fkqmz of to a seething start to the season)Grin
Report ocukstinky March 12, 2013 11:36 PM GMT
Think you could have waited and got a better trade than that tbh. It wouldnt surprise me if RBR turned up and shat on everyone but I really think that pace is genuine.
Report f1 fan March 13, 2013 7:52 PM GMT
nothing much would supprise me thats why i traded when i did.

might have a few lay bets on alonslow with the profits.
Report Zazu March 17, 2013 5:26 AM GMT
At least it may be a competitive season in the without red bull market Crazy
Report Zazu March 17, 2013 5:27 AM GMT
Mclaren **** ups have gone to another level with the new car!!!!
Report f1 fan March 17, 2013 10:54 AM GMT
Lewis 10, Mclaren 2.Laugh
Report Zazu March 17, 2013 2:12 PM GMT
how many £millions have mclaren wasted on that car Laugh

surprised to see Lotus still 7/1-8/1 for the constructors
Report ocukstinky March 20, 2013 4:24 PM GMT
That mclaren is bloody atrocious. Early doors I know but it actually looks like he's made a smart decision to bugger off to Merc.

Grosjean factor in the Lotus price I think zazu. If he qualifies top 5/6 he'll be like a red rag to a bull and charge into someone trying to desperately get as far up as possible in double-quick time, if he qualifies 10th he'll be lucky to pick up a point and plod around.
Report Zazu March 20, 2013 6:35 PM GMT
I think oz was just a bad race for grosjean

got a feeling red bull is still class of field and just needs correct conditons for tyres but lotus the looks quality
Report f1 fan March 23, 2013 9:57 PM GMT
Q.Who can stop Vettel in 2013
   A. Pirelli
Report Help2 March 24, 2013 10:20 AM GMT
nobody.
Report FATTIEWHITEYSLOVEADRINK March 24, 2013 4:18 PM GMT
Team orders can't !
I want to see racing not this bollox team orders
even with Hamiltons  team both had orders
me the viewer wants to see racing
switching off if this keeps up!
Report Zazu March 24, 2013 4:50 PM GMT
did you see turkey a couple of years ago?

not a chance any team managers are going to let drivers race on track unless title or final constructors positions have been sorted
Report fkqmz March 27, 2013 10:56 PM GMT
yeah i saw turkey, i also saw red bull win both championships that year. they should man up and let que sera sera.
Report Help2 March 28, 2013 8:00 PM GMT
did you see turkey a couple of years ago?

not a chance any team managers are going to let drivers race on track unless title or final constructors positions have been sorted

but the people who pay to watch formula one, wants action, not 22 cars driving like granmothers... get webber out of red bull! why the team orders, i hate them, give me race and action.!
Report Help2 March 28, 2013 8:00 PM GMT
but the people who pay to watch formula one, wants action, not 22 cars driving like grandmothers... get webber out of red bull! why the team orders, i hate them, give me race and action.!
Report fkqmz April 22, 2013 11:51 PM BST
For me, only Kimi can stop him now.
Alonso's still right in there of course but especially with Massa cranking the pressure up on him, I fancy he'll be chasing this 30pt lead all summer!
Report Zazu April 23, 2013 7:56 AM BST
still long way to go but cant see anyone stopping him tbh

Lotus is awful in the wet

Race trim ferrari, lotus and red bull look similar but 4 races in and Vettels been off the front row once (when he didnt set a lap because of tyres)
Report Zazu April 30, 2013 5:43 PM BST
Its season over if red bull is dominant this weekend imo
Report fkqmz January 23, 2014 1:19 PM GMT
just dropped by to bump this Grin
right again Cool
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com