Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
Zazu
14 Oct 12 07:14
| Topic/replies: 4,336 | Blogger: Zazu's blog
Pols been faster all weekend. Marquez was in neutral at the start so went into the first corner in last, he still won Crazy
Show More
Report bb66 October 14, 2012 9:36 AM BST
that 1st lap was sensational, esp if you consider bikes with equal engines
Report Zazu October 14, 2012 11:18 AM BST
the first lap onboard is on motop.com

He doesnt get the credit he deserves because of his weight and bike. Im beginning to think he is really special and can see him winning straight away in motogp Cool

Just a shame I had pol in a double with Shakey BSB race 1 yesterday Sad
Report GPT October 14, 2012 11:27 AM BST
They might have equal engines but his weight is worth at least 10bhp on a lot of the riders think he'll get found out in motoGP.
Report Zazu October 14, 2012 11:58 AM BST
There was an article in MCN (I think)

Marquez is 59kg

Simon, Pol, Kallio, Zarco, Luthi, Elias etc are all around that mark as well.

In the last 26 races he has been off the podium 3 times!! A 5th in Italy this year and 2 DNFS in treacherous wet condtions. 5/1 is shocking price but wouldnt surprise me at all if he won the title next year
Report bb66 October 15, 2012 7:28 AM BST
I don't think he can win the title in MGP next year, it will take more than the pre season tests to adopt to the class, but he might win races in the 2nd half of the season and be a serious title contender 2014. Rossi vs Marquez could be an interesting h2h, not sure Rossi still competetive even on Yamaha
Report scarecrow October 17, 2012 7:34 PM BST
for me he has a similar profile to one daniel pedrosa,also a small man.lets not forget he tended too get the better of lorenzo in the smaller class.its hard to think he can win it straight from the gun,only time will tell though.
Report Pounf October 18, 2012 6:45 PM BST
GP bike very different beast, it will take a while for him to get up to speed. Undoubted talent and very likely future World Champ, but for me not next year.
Report Colldogg October 21, 2012 3:09 AM BST
He clearly is the HRC golden boy and he is clearly good, but not as good as the money HRC chuck at his bike even in Moto 2 make him look. He is clearly the chosen one by HRC and Dorna (look at the way he got off free for punting Kallio out in practice at Motegi) and as such he gets an advantage over other riders. He is fast but won't keep it on the road. He's going to have to change his riding style completly in Moto GP because the front end will be folding on him all the time. He might win a title or two in the future, but as others have said I feel his Moto GP career will mirror Dani Pedrosa's more than Valentino Rossi's.
Report Zazu November 11, 2012 12:14 PM GMT
special Cool
Report Zazu May 1, 2013 8:16 PM BST
Id gladly volunteer my services to head the Marc Marquez appreciation society but the market for Jerez is a joke.

JLo 7/4
Marquez 5/2
Pedrosa 9/2
Rossi 5/1
Crutchlow 20/1

So...he's half the price of his temmate (22 motogp wins) and a 9x world champion Crazy

In Austin Honda was head and shoulders above the Yamaha so only 2 people could win, Marquez and Pedrosa. (Pedrosa missed the third day of the private test due to a shoulder injury)
Report Zazu May 1, 2013 8:21 PM BST
now ive posted that he'll probably win

but not a chancce he'll get title unless he has drastically improved in the wet or every race is dry
Report StevoDevo May 5, 2013 7:59 AM BST
Big Marquez fan, but no way he wins this one.
JLo the one to beat here. Pedrosa the only danger imo.

The kid is going to be something special, looking forward to watching him race!
Report book May 5, 2013 12:51 PM BST
rossi & crutchlow are fantastic value for this race,been very quick.
Report DonNo1 May 5, 2013 1:50 PM BST
Nutter
Report Zazu May 5, 2013 2:03 PM BST
was all over the JLo/Pedrosa dual forecast Cry

Not surprised to see JLo do his annual disappearing act on Jerez race day. However, Marquez should defo be penalised
Report Zazu July 13, 2014 5:46 PM BST
any non believers left? Cool
Report Pounf July 14, 2014 8:09 PM BST
Flash in the pan....
Report Pounf July 14, 2014 8:09 PM BST
Flash in the pan....
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com