Forums

Motor Sports

Welcome to Live View – Take the tour to learn more
Start Tour
There is currently 1 person viewing this thread.
fkqmz
31 Jul 12 13:59
| Topic/replies: 3,313 | Blogger: fkqmz's blog
I'm bored so I'm celebrating silly season with some speculation on who might be where next year:

Ferrari
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Sergio Perez

Red Bull
3. Sebastian Vettel
4. Mark Webber

Lotus
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Romain Grosjean

Mclaren
7. Lewis Hamilton
8. Jenson Button

Mercedes
9. Nico Rosberg
10. Paul Di Resta

Sauber
11. Kamui Kobayashi
12. Esteban Gutierrez

Williams
14. Pastor Maldonado
15. Valtteri Bottas

Force India
16. Nico Hulkenberg
17. Sam Bird

Toro Rosso
18. Daniel Ricciardo
19. Antonio Felix Da Costa

Caterham
20. Heikki Kovalainen
21. Davide Valsecchi

Marussia
22. Timo Glock
23. Johnny Ceccotto Jnr

HRT
24. Dani Clos
25. Luis Razia

Some educated guess work going on towards the bottom there with a few speculative selections. Felix Da Costa is never worth an F1 drive but Red Bull might just be silly enough to try him! I dont fancy Petrov, Pic, DLR or Karthikeyan will keep their drives but who might replace them is a bit of a lottery, as I suppose will be who ultimately replaces MSC when he retires. Anyway, we shall see!
Pause Switch to Standard View 2013 Grid (or perhaps not!)
Show More
Report bb66 August 15, 2012 9:57 AM BST
so you really expect Schu to retire? Tbh I doubt it. Does your order mirror your expectation of the WC result this year?
Report worcesterwilly August 15, 2012 3:52 PM BST
Ferrari
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Jenson Button

Red Bull
3. Sebastian Vettel
4. Lewis Hamilton

Lotus
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Romain Grosjean

Mclaren
7. Nico Rosberg
8. Paul Di Resta

Mercedes
9.  Mark Webber
10. Michael Schumacher

Sauber
11. Kamui Kobayashi
12. tba

Williams
14. Pastor Maldonado
15. Adrian Sutil

Force India
16. Nico Hulkenberg
17. Bruno Senna

Toro Rosso
18. Daniel Ricciardo
19. Antonio Felix Da Costa

Caterham
20. Heikki Kovalainen
21. Jamie Alguesari

Marussia
22. Timo Glock
23. Sebastien Buemi

HRT
24. Dani Clos
25. Luis Razia
Report GPT August 15, 2012 5:12 PM BST
Laugh
Report fkqmz August 16, 2012 10:58 AM BST
yes and yes. although how much schumahcer jusmps and how much he's pushed i don't know - either way he's losing the team points and they need to drop him.

Laugh ithink we have a new phenomenon, willysilly season, spin the wheel and put drivers in random teams, whatever happened to that idea btw?
Report worcesterwilly August 17, 2012 4:00 PM BST
OK my list was a bit tongue in cheek but McLaren cant let the moaner and button be continually out perforomed in the best car on the grid...

Lets face it...Vettel and Alonso are head and shoulders the best of their generation and this season only a returning veteran Kimi  and a return failure Grosjean can get near to them comensurate with the grunt under their ****...

Hamilton and Button dont deserve No 1 driver status on that basis - Rosberg needs to find a team where he is treated and No 1 and given the support he deserves....
Report GPT August 20, 2012 3:53 PM BST
LaughCrazywhat a mentalist.
Report fkqmz August 21, 2012 4:52 PM BST
agreed!
Report GPT August 22, 2012 12:25 PM BST
Yes apparently his politics forum rants are evn worseLaugh
Needs help imo perhaps care in the community.
Report fkqmz September 24, 2012 12:30 AM BST
news out of mexico today is that Gutierrez is basically confirmed at Sauber for 2013. The word is that it will be confirmed in the week before the Abu Dhabi GP where Esteban will be in attendance for the young driver test. Don't know what this means for Kobayashi since checo's effectively said he wants to stay, seems a little harsh to sack him, surely he'll get a drive somewhere else. some revisions in order at this point......

Ferrari
1. Fernando Alonso
2. No Idea atm

Sauber
11. Sergio Perez
12. Esteban Gutierrez

Williams
14. Kamui Kobayashi
15. Valtteri Bottas
Report fkqmz September 24, 2012 12:33 AM BST
wow i'm well out of date her actually Laugh

Mclaren
7. Jenson Button
8. Paul Di Resta

Mercedes
9. Lewis Hamilton
10. Nico Rosberg
Report brentford September 24, 2012 1:17 PM BST
Don't think Gutierrez has done nearly enough this season in GP2 to get a midfield f1 drive personally.
Report brentford September 24, 2012 1:18 PM BST
(not to say that he won't get it of course - money talks)
Report TonyTodd September 25, 2012 5:12 PM BST
GPT contributing his usual amount of knowledge to a thread.

i.e. no knowledge.
Report fkqmz September 28, 2012 11:19 PM BST
well brentford i can totally see where you're coming from, he's been distinctly average at times this year. however i think we're in danger of expecting a little too much of a kid who only turned 21 last month. i don't think he's done any less than raikkonen or massa did when they got their breaks with Sauber and if he is going to progress into a class driver, now is the time to move up. Junior formulae are different animals than they were 10 years ago, partiularly GP2 and i think he's learnt some harsh lessons at times whereas valseccchi and razia have beaten him in the title race by putting in mature, consistant drives all season. imo, both of these 2 are too old to be starting out on a serious F1 career now, by the time they gain the experience to start winning races, they'll be knocking on 30 and i dont think they're worth the risk. all this said, there's as much of an argument for giving Calado a shot, except as you so rightly say, he doesnt have escuderia telmex behind him! either way, i think the tides have parted now, and all this talk of schumacher getting the drive (Laugh) are just to deflect attention away from who's really going to get the job - peter sauber has gone on for a long time about 'protecting' esteban and about about them being responsible for his upbringing. to me, all signs point towards a seconf mexican in F1 this year. of course i make no apologies for being completely biased towards the kid i picked out 4 years ago Grin

nice to see you back tony, you're well missed Love
Report brentford September 29, 2012 3:42 PM BST
A well argued case for the defence fk'
and don't get me wrong I think he's shown some real potential at times,
I suppose I'm increasingly irritated by the perceived need to rush young drivers in and equally quickly boot them back out rather than get a better idea of just how good they are and then be a little more patient with them in f1,
I suppose at least in going to Sauber it would fit the blueprint of Peter Sauber whom I've a lot of time for and hopefully the combination of team and sponsors will give him every chance to succeed - fully deserved or not.

Calado and Nasr certainly look good prospects in GP2 next year -
Valsecchi went from looking a class apart early in the season to just a solid top third of the field.
Chilton I actually think has a lot of f1 ready qualities, though any role at Marussia seems to make these largely of no value  - my biggest criticism of what I saw of him was a lack of aggression in key moments - a rare trait indeed in GP2 !!
he has a slightly more precise measured approach than most, whether he's outright quick enough I'm not sure - a couple of poles this year in Gp2 but can't remember the circumstances.
Report GPT September 29, 2012 8:46 PM BST
Gutierrez is sh1te another bad pick from fzqmstinkyLaughLaughLaugh
Report fkqmz September 29, 2012 11:25 PM BST
Laugh get back under your bridge GPT or your going to miss billy goat gruff again!
Report fkqmz October 6, 2012 7:39 PM BST
Cool brundle and davidson agree with me Cool
Report fkqmz October 14, 2012 4:13 PM BST
most seats settled now, the below are pretty much confirmed:

Ferrari
1. Fernando Alonso
2. Felipe Massa

Red Bull
3. Sebastian Vettel
4. Mark Webber

Lotus
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Romain Grosjean

Mclaren
7. Jenson Button
8. Sergio Perez

Mercedes
9. Lewis Hamilton
10. Nico Rosberg

Sauber
11. Nico Hulkenburg
12. Esteban Gutierrez

Williams
14. Pastor Maldonado
15. Valtteri Bottas

Force India
16. Paul Di Resta
17. Jules Bianchi

Toro Rosso
18. Daniel Ricciardo
19. Jean Eric Vergne
Report ocukstinky October 15, 2012 12:05 AM BST
Bianchi all but confirmed? I read Kobayashi and Algersuari are in the running for the second FI seat?
Report bb66 October 15, 2012 7:35 AM BST
Ferrari without any chance for the constructor's title with Massa, but Alonso wants a non competetive partner as did Schumi. Grosjean not confirmed as well, and you put up wrong numbersWink
Report fkqmz October 15, 2012 10:39 PM BST
Laugh i accept the numbers are wrong, this is lazy copy and pasting

but nothing else. Grosjean will remain, this is why i think so (this week!)
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/103460
This doesnt sound like a boss who's about to sack his staff to me. plus the question remains, who are you going to replace him with? Grosjean has been fast this year, really fast and he's consistently produced his best laps in Q3 sessions. these crashing sprees always blow over - 6 months ago it was Maldonado, last year it was hamilton, year before that it was vettel. disagree with that if you like but I think Lotus will keep him on.

As for Bianchi, why would FI still be giving him Friday mornings if they had no intention of bringing him in. i read something a couple of weeks ago about the significance of Bianchi's presence around the garage in overalls on race weekends and it was enough to convince me. I don't think i'd be taking him on, i don't rate him at all and its unthinkable that KK would end up with no drive but since when has the driver market ever been fair?
Report fkqmz November 28, 2012 11:06 PM GMT
where's this up to now?
confirmed

to be confirmed
(possible)

Ferrari
1. Fernando Alonso
2. massa

Red Bull
3. Sebastian Vettel
4. Mark Webber

Lotus
5. Kimi Raikkonen
6. Romain Grosjean

Mclaren
7. perez
8. Jenson Button

Mercedes
9. Nico Rosberg
10. hamilton

Sauber
11. hulkenburg
12. Esteban Gutierrez

Williams
14. Pastor Maldonado
15. Valtteri Bottas

Force India
16. di resta
17. (bianchi/kobayashi/alguersuari)

Toro Rosso
18. Daniel Ricciardo
19. Jean Eric Vergne

Caterham
20. ?
21. Charles Pic

Marussia
22. Timo
23. max chilton

HRT
24. (Probably no one)
25. (Probably also no one)

any updates?
Report ocukstinky November 29, 2012 1:06 AM GMT
Well you can pretty much rule HRT out as they're all but gone. I agree, Bianchi will probably get a chance ahead of KK who was outshone by Perez this year and hasn't really done anything worthy since he came in other than when he first got in at Toyota. Petrov's got money hasn't he? Don't see why he wouldn't stay.
Report fkqmz February 7, 2013 2:18 PM GMT
I believe Bianchi will be confirmed in the morning, he's only arrived at Jerez today and they didn't want to do the announcement without him there obviously.
Report ocukstinky March 1, 2013 6:59 PM GMT
Bianchi confirmed at Marussia today in place of Razia and Sutil confirmed at FI - that's the grid finally complete.
Post Your Reply
<CTRL+Enter> to submit
Please login to post a reply.

Wonder

Instance ID: 13539
www.betfair.com